4British Grand Prix*Silverstone Circuit, Silverstone8/2/2020
570th Anniv Grand Prix*Silverstone Circuit, Silverstone8/9/2020
6Spanish Grand Prix*Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya, Montmeló8/16/2020
7Belgian Grand Prix*Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps, Stavelot8/30/2020
8Italian Grand Prix*Autodromo Nazionale Monza, Monza9/6/2020
9Tuscan Grand Prix*Mugello circuit, Italy9/11/2020
10Russian Grand PrixSochi Autodrom, Sochi9/27/2020
11Eifel Grand PrixNurburgring, Nürburg, Germany10/11/2020
12Portuguese Grand PrixAlgarve International Circuit, Portimao, Portugal10/25/2020
13Imola Grand PrixAutodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari, Imola, IT11/1/2020
14Turkish Grand PrixIstanbul Park, Istanbul11/15/2020
Bahrain Grand Prix
Bahrain International Circuit, Sakhir11/29/2020
16Sakhir Grand PrixBahrain International Circuit, Sakhir (the "outer track")12/6/2020
17Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Yas Marina Circuit, Abu Dhabi12/13/2020

* Without fans in attendance.

TeamConstructorPower UnitNumberDriverNumberDriver
Mercedes-AMG Petronas Formula One TeamMercedesMercedes44Lewis Hamilton77Valtteri Bottas
Scuderia Ferrari Mission WinnowFerrariFerrari5Sebastian Vettel16Charles Leclerc
Aston Martin Red Bull RacingRed Bull Racing-HondaHonda33Max Verstappen23Alex Albon
Renault F1 TeamRenaultRenault3Daniel Ricciardo31Esteban Ocon
Haas F1 TeamHaas-FerrariFerrari8Romain Grosjean20Kevin Magnussen
McLaren F1 TeamMcLaren-RenaultRenault55Carlos Sainz Jr.47Lando Norris
SportPesa Racing Point F1 TeamRacing Point-BWT MercedesMercedes11Sergio Pérez18Lance Stroll
Alfa Romeo Racing F1 TeamAlfa Romeo Racing-FerrariFerrari7Kimi Räikkönen36Antonio Giovinazzi
Scuderia Alpha Tauri HondaAlpha Tauri HondaHonda26Daniil Kvyat10Pierre Gasly
ROKiT Williams RacingWilliams-MercedesMercedes40Nicholas Latifi63George Russell

See less See more
#166 ·
There is no chance will ever get a driver's seat anymore. It was great seeing him back but we all knew he wouldn't be the one we were used to.
I mean, I have seen him rallying back when he was good and was amazed by how fast he was compared to top rally drivers. But the injuries he had made his real comeback impossible.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-J710F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

#167 ·
Daniel Ricciardo has said that his focus for 2020 is to try and build a better team chemistry at Renault.

The Aussie arrived at Renault for the 2019 season, making the switch from Red Bull, but it was a disappointing campaign as they ended up P5 in the Constructors’ Championship, while Ricciardo was forced to settle for P9 in the Drivers’ standings.

And he feels that Renault would benefit from some morale building exercises, saying that sometimes all he gets is a “hi” from team principal Cyril Abiteboul on race weekends.

“For next year I’ve got some ideas of things I can do more or better. I feel like I integrated myself into the team well this year, but I look back and am like I can do more,” Ricciardo is quoted by Crash.net.

“I want to have a bit more presence before the season starts, before testing, but also have some ideas of things we can do together as a team to get us into the season – not just technically, but as a team unit I want to get to Barcelona feeling like we got some momentum before the season even starts.

“Even some team morale stuff, call it team building and some activities. More importantly to spend time with the team, even away from the track.

“At the track even like with Cyril [Abiteboul] sometimes it is ‘hi’ and that is all you get over the weekend because we are busy. So you don’t always get good quality time at the circuit.

“I feel that to take this relationship to the next level, getting time away from the track is good. Just having that feeling, even for the guys, if they know each other a bit more, they will want to work a little bit harder for each other and make some good stuff happen.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/ricciardo-wants-more-than-a-hi-from-abiteboul/

Honestly, Toto seems like the most well-rounded leader in the F1 paddock. Brown and Steiner aren't too bad for vocal clips during the race. Binotto seems pretty shielded, Claire knows better, Szafnauer... who? Sauber doesn't even have one (jk), Horner does a good job and is well spoken, and Tost... meh. Really kind of interesting how it covers all ends of the spectrum and I think it shows how well Mercedes is put together. Every single piece is polished perfection.

Thoughts?

#168 ·
Team Work

This goes back to the parity and money equation. I don't care how much money you give Williams they would still suck because they are leaderless and haven't assembled a talented group outside if George Russell. They shouldn't even be in F1, selling off parts and signing for dollars, they are a shell with a legendary name.

Haas, I pull for the home team but again, poorly ran, they don't have all of the pieces, certainly not the key pieces to an F1 team.

Renault should be on F1 but only as an engine supplier. They cannot build a car or organize a team. If they just focused on the PU as a supplier they would di well. Ricciardo has spoken how they don't have a winning attitude, they don't expect to win and they don't. They are a bunch of pieces that don't fit and don't progress. When other teams consistently do better with your power unit than you, you suck. Again, even with more money Renault would struggle.

Red Bull still had key people and have proven that even with the huge impact of changing engines they still perform. With s capable PU they would be championship contenders, no doubt. Ricciardo spoke of them too, they expect to won even when they shouldn't and sometimes they do. Props to Marko and Horner for keeping the talent without the big results. They are the team that Ferrari and Mercedes fear.

Ferrari is a cluster fek, an embarrassment with huge potential. After Binotto ran off Arrivabene, they tripped over small stuff and gave away wins and poles through personal ineptitude. The loss of races when you're leading, poor reliability when leading, drivers spinning and three wheeling during the US GP in front of Mathew McConaughey. If Marko, Horner and Verstappen had that PU they probably would have won the championship with it. Ferrari was lucky to finish where they did.

Mercedes isn't infallible, team and drivers make mistakes but they win the races they are supposed to and some they shouldn't have. They push each other and strive for perfection. I've lost count of how many times they had serious debriefings where they laid it all out where they went wrong at races that had just won. They never take it for granted that opponents will screw up, it just so happens that their opponents did, and then they capitalized on it.

#169 ·
Robert Kubica has signed a deal to become Alfa Romeo’s reserve driver for 2020, bringing his backer PKN Orlen with him.

Kubica’s new role comes following the agreement of a “a multi-year partnership” between the Swiss team and Polish oil company PKN Orlen which will see them compete as ‘Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN’ next year.

Kubica made his return to F1 in 2019 with Williams, completing a miracle comeback after the severe injuries he suffered to his right arm in a rally crash in 2011.

But it was a poor season for the team as they languished at the back with Kubica scoring their only point of 2019 with P10 in Germany.

Before his move to Alfa Kubica had been linked with a simulator role at Haas and Racing Point.

The Polish driver has experience with the Alfa Romeo team, driving for them under their previous incarnation as BMW Sauber from 2007 to 2009, claiming the sole win of his career at the 2008 Canadian GP.

Speaking about the deal, Kubica said, as quoted by Motorsport.com: “I am really happy to be starting this new chapter in my career as I join Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN.

“This team holds a special place in my heart and I am pleased to see some faces still here from my years in Hinwil.

“Time and circumstances are obviously different, but I am convinced that I will find the same determination and hunger to succeed. I am looking forward to helping Alfa Romeo Racing ORLEN make the next step forward.”

Alfa Romeo team principal Frederic Vasseur said: “We are also delighted to welcome Robert back home and we cannot wait to start working with him.

“He is a driver that needs no introduction: one of the most brilliant in his generation and one who displayed the true meaning of human determination in his fight to return to racing after his rallying accident.

“His feedback will be invaluable as we continue to push our team towards the front of the grid.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/alfa-romeo-rebrand-as-kubica-signs/

#171 ·
#178 ·
Awesome

Wow, thanks so much for linking that. I listened to it as helped prepare dinner. Says as much as I've been saying about looking back at F1 with rose colored glasses.

Brundle's description of US football was hilarious and his love of cars, new cars, was refreshing.

So much history and well spoken, I enjoyed that :thumbup:

#179 ·
Ferrari Fails Fighting For Future Fame

Marko makes a bold statement that Ferrari isn't in the game for the championship in 2020. Last season was a cluster fek for Ferrari, team and drivers alike. But still, it count them out early is saying something:

"However, Marko is seemingly disregarding Ferrari from the equation at this very early stage based on performances toward the end of the 2019 campaign.

Our opponent will be Mercedes, especially Lewis Hamilton,” Marko told Auto Bild.

I have to admit that he drives almost perfectly and is currently the best Formula 1 driver with regards to the overall package. But then Max Verstappen comes next.

“We were ahead of them [Ferrari] in the last third of the season. They don’t seem to have the advantage, especially with their engine, as they did before.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/marko-appears-to-rule-ferrari-out-of-2020-title-race/

#180 ·
Holy Fek!

Wow, Verstappen has signed a contract extension with Red Bull that will lock him in until 2023!

"Max said; “I am really happy to have extended my partnership with the Team. Red Bull believed in me and gave me the opportunity to start in Formula 1 which I have always been very grateful for. Over the years I have grown closer and closer with the Team and besides the passion from everyone and the on-track performance it is also really enjoyable to work with such a great group of people. Honda coming onboard and the progress we have made over the last 12 months gives me even more motivation and the belief that we can win together. I respect the way Red Bull and Honda work together and from all sides everyone is doing what they can to succeed. I want to win with Red Bull and our goal is of course to fight for a World Championship together.”

https://redbullracing.redbull.com/article/max-attack-2023

I wonder what the payout is. Marko and Horner publicly always say they don't believe in the big payouts.

#181 ·
Wow, Verstappen has signed a contract extension with Red Bull that will lock him in until 2023!

"Max said; “I am really happy to have extended my partnership with the Team. Red Bull believed in me and gave me the opportunity to start in Formula 1 which I have always been very grateful for. Over the years I have grown closer and closer with the Team and besides the passion from everyone and the on-track performance it is also really enjoyable to work with such a great group of people. Honda coming onboard and the progress we have made over the last 12 months gives me even more motivation and the belief that we can win together. I respect the way Red Bull and Honda work together and from all sides everyone is doing what they can to succeed. I want to win with Red Bull and our goal is of course to fight for a World Championship together.”

https://redbullracing.redbull.com/article/max-attack-2023

I wonder what the payout is. Marko and Horner publicly always say they don't believe in the big payouts.
Came to post this, leaving satisfied. I was really surprised that he was willing to gamble like this. Kid has talent and he wants to be WDC now & later. I wonder if RB is going to be the team to get him there? Even if he jumps ship at 2023 for whoever is the best at that time, he is still young enough to be a multi WDC but if he wants to try and break any of Hamilton's records, some may be out of reach at this point. Suppose his contract has any performance clauses like his last one did?

#213 ·
Speaking of noise, here's a little something for you guys to remember the V8 noise back in 2012. The sound at 8-9 seconds in, from that far away is great! Enjoy!

And of course there was other drama at the start as well...
Lucky enough to experience the V10's in 2002 at Indy, V8's at inaugural Austin race and then the current formula at Montreal a couple years back.

Walking up the track at Indy during a practice was spine tingling... FROM OUTSIDE THE VENUE!

Similar for the V8's. I barely felt like I needed earplugs at the Montreal race. The support races were louder.

#214 ·
Lucky enough to experience the V10's in 2002 at Indy, V8's at inaugural Austin race and then the current formula at Montreal a couple years back.

Walking up the track at Indy during a practice was spine tingling... FROM OUTSIDE THE VENUE!

Similar for the V8's. I barely felt like I needed earplugs at the Montreal race. The support races were louder.
I've heard the V10s and V8s in person several times but haven't been to a race since the hybrid era started. So I can't compare live, and TV doesn't really project the differences (in any racing series) like live does.

I'm fine with the performance of the new "powerunits" but see the writing on the wall...cough, cough....Formula E. :(

#197 ·
Max will most likely never match Hamilton's dominance simply cause under the new management the new F1 in any near future will not be held by the balls by a single team in political chess game. Current rules were setup by Mercedes blackmailing F1 and they pretty much killed the sport 7 years later. Amount of FIA approved decisions that lack common sense was staggering but one that takes the cake is engine development freeze. What else is there to say.

#198 ·
When The Music Stops, Do You Have A Chair

Max will most likely never match Hamilton's dominance simply cause under the new management the new F1 in any near future will not be held by the balls by a single team in political chess game. Current rules were setup by Mercedes blackmailing F1 and they pretty much killed the sport 7 years later. Amount of FIA approved decisions that lack common sense was staggering but one that takes the cake is engine development freeze. What else is there to say.
You used all of the tin foil in the house to make that hat.

#212 ·
On a recent Motorpsorts.com podcast with Andy Cowell (head of Mercedec-AMG High Performance Powertrains, aka "Brixworth"), he kept saying how the sound of the new engines enable kids to go to races, etc. I can understand the argument that those who have to work with the engines day in and day out are likely glad to have quieter engines, but I thought he was a bit disingenuous with the way he came across being glad the old engine noise is now gone.

I've grown to accept the new powertrains, but if they were to bring back the high revving NA noise, I'd be as excited as ever for F1, as it was such a great part of watching it, either at the race or on TV.

#225 ·
Where Will Vettel Settle?

I always thought Vettel going back to Red Bull was a long shot, well it just got longer. If he tanks again in 2020 it's hard to see hin back at Ferrari and Mercedes has an ace. If Hamilton stays put, where does Vettel go?

Ricciardo is the only wold card left, he always wanted to wear red, this may be his shot at it. He just has to beat Ocon, which should be easy.

#226 ·
I always thought Vettel going back to Red Bull was a long shot, well it just got longer. If he tanks again in 2020 it's hard to see hin back at Ferrari and Mercedes has an ace. If Hamilton stays put, where does Vettel go?

Ricciardo is the only wold card left, he always wanted to wear red, this may be his shot at it. He just has to beat Ocon, which should be easy.
I see no reason why Ferrari would want Ricciardo, when they're all-in with Leclerc. I see them getting a solid driver who isn't really going to challenge Leclerc, but is good enough to consistently be on the podium and score points. Ricciardo isn't that guy, and I don't know if he's as good as Leclerc or not, but he will for sure not play the informal role of a #2 driver. So I see no reason why Ferrari would go for him.

I think if he's not driving for Ferrari, then Vettel retires, as rich man and 4 time WDC...and probably fathers a 4th child.

#249 ·
His fight to become a Vegan? Him giving up his plane because it was too harmful to the environment? I cant keep them all in place :(

#252 ·
Horner Was Right

Christian Horner predicted that the top drivers would stay in place a month ago, seems he may be right. Martin Brundle thought Verstappen or Leclerc would land at Mercedes. I thought Verstappen would too, not Leclerc though, you don't leave the red car when you've won poles, races and the Ferrari garage by soundly beating a 4X championship driver next to you.

Brundle believes something has happened behind the scenes but looking at it, I think it was a good move by both young drivers:

"I really would have expected one of Verstappen or Leclerc to rock up at Mercedes.

“But it has cut Lewis’ options down, if indeed he hasn’t already signed with Mercedes-Benz longer term. Maybe the music stopped before Christmas, they all sat down and there is some embedded news we haven’t heard yet.

“But these post-2020 deals have certainly happened earlier than I expected. I thought Max would see whether Red Bull could give him a championship-challenging car over the first few races of the year and then take a view.

“So something has crystalised that earlier, which again makes my mind wonder about what is going on elsewhere.”

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/v...ected_Leclerc_or_Verstappen_to_join_Mercedes/

#266 ·
I was lucky enough to hear the V8 on Mark Webber's RB3 back in 2007 on a promotion event and will never forget that sound. I had a press pass that day and was inside the "pit lane" and that's the closest i ever got to an F1 car.
I wouldn't mind getting that sound back, but F1 was always about the pinnacle of hi tech used on cars. And still is, no matter if we like it or not. And unless FE starts some real racing, on real circuits and for a reasonable amount of racing time, F1 will have no trouble keeping it this way.
As for the fans, if we get proper racing with electric cars, I guess we won't have a problem with them.
After all, our everyday cars now produce artificial engine or exhaust sounds on our speakers. And we still buy them. So all FE will need is good speakers!
But for now I am more interested on who will go where for the seasons after 2021. Contracts are there to be broken, no matter how expensive they are. And if someone sees no future where he drives, he won't mind paying some extra cash to break free.

#267 ·
Exactly

I was lucky enough to hear the V8 on Mark Webber's RB3 back in 2007 on a promotion event and will never forget that sound. I had a press pass that day and was inside the "pit lane" and that's the closest i ever got to an F1 car.
I wouldn't mind getting that sound back, but F1 was always about the pinnacle of hi tech used on cars. And still is, no matter if we like it or not. And unless FE starts some real racing, on real circuits and for a reasonable amount of racing time, F1 will have no trouble keeping it this way.
As for the fans, if we get proper racing with electric cars, I guess we won't have a problem with them.
After all, our everyday cars now produce artificial engine or exhaust sounds on our speakers. And we still buy them. So all FE will need is good speakers!
But for now I am more interested on who will go where for the seasons after 2021. Contracts are there to be broken, no matter how expensive they are. And if someone sees no future where he drives, he won't mind paying some extra cash to break free.

Exactly, there's lots of good stories in F1 to follow with silly season around the corner. :thumbup:

#273 ·
Champions Round Table

As posted earlier, I think this gives proper perspective:

Verstappen (Australia 2015 - USA 2019)

Titles: 0
Wins: 7
Poles: 1
Fastest laps: 7
Podiums: 29
Races led: 18

Hamilton (Australia 2007 - Germany 2012)

Titles: 1
Wins: 18
Poles: 21
Fastest laps: 11
Podiums: 46
Races led: 42

Races led: 42

Vettel (USA 2007 - USA 2012)

Titles: 2 (3rd title secured in 101st race)
Wins: 26
Poles: 36
Fastest laps: 15
Races led: 47

Alonso (Australia 2001 - Italy 2007)

Titles: 2
Wins: 19
Poles: 17
Fastest laps: 11
Races led: 47

Schumacher (Belgium 1991 - Japan 1997)

Titles: 2
Wins: 27
Poles: 17
Fastest laps: 28
Podiums: 54
Races led: 46

https://www.gpfans.com/en/articles/4...0-grands-prix/

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.