VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Ford releases the first all-new 2020 Bronco teaser ? It's gonna have two (or four) doors... Seriously!

262K views 3K replies 272 participants last post by  Mr.Veedubya 
#1 · (Edited)
Ford releases the first all-new 2020 Bronco teaser — It's gonna have two (or four) doors... Seriously!

So, all that stuff about the Bronco just being a refreshed Everest?... Nevermind! :laugh:

From a big press release about all of Ford's future plans: http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthre...nd-EVs-five-vehicle-architectures&p=110613353

Press Release said:
Ford also plans to drive growth with two all-new off-road models: the new Bronco and a yet-to-be-named off-road small utility – both designed to win a growing number of people who love getting away and spending time outdoors with their families and friends.

“Ford helped start the off-road phenomenon and has majored in off-road capability for decades – from the Bronco to the Raptor,” said Jim Farley, Ford president, Global Markets. “Now, we’re ready to reclaim our rightful place as the off-road vehicle leader.”

Next-Gen Hybrid Electrics: Part of Ford’s new strategy includes going all-in on hybrids to bring more capability to customers of our most popular and high-volume vehicles like F-150, Mustang, Explorer, Escape and Bronco – and serve as a hedge for customers against higher gas prices.

Ford’s new hybrids will offer customers more space than today’s hybrids. On the F-150 Hybrid, Ford will lean in to capability, such as the low-end torque for extra pulling power and the fact it can serve as a mobile generator. Mustang Hybrid will be all about delivering V8-like performance with more low-end torque.

“Hybrids for years have been mostly niche products but are now on the cusp of a mainstream breakout,” Farley said. “The valuable capability they offer – plus fuel efficiency – is why we’re going to offer hybrid variants of our most popular and high-volume vehicles, allowing our loyal, passionate customers to become advocates for the technology.”

Ford’s new hybrid system is designed to be more efficient and less expensive than previous generations. These lower costs – achieved through supply base relationships, using common cell and component design and by manufacturing motors, transmissions and battery packs – with the intention of lowering cost of ownership for customers.

See less See more
#2,331 ·
View attachment 124137

I got mine yesterday. It's awesome. I love it.

The very dirty st gave me 80k trouble free miles over 6+ years. I paid 19.5 and got 10k for it with no haggling.

The buying experience at Chapman ford Horsham was excellent. I highly recommend them. I don't live close but they'll be my first stop for a maverick.
Is this the first Bronco on Vortex?! Congratulations, it's a gorgeous spec and a super cool car. I really wish they were easier to buy.. I also adore the FiST. Miss mine every day.

Looking forward to hearing more about your experience!

#2,717 ·
The wait is finally over! Today marks exactly 2 years since I placed my reservation on opening day :oops:. It's funny looking back thinking I potentially was going to have the first Bronco in TCL.

My last update from Ford was that the Bronco had shipped and there was a predicted delivery date of 7/14 - 7/20. I wasn't holding my breath on that date after all the stories I've seen of others waiting months after being told its been built or shipped.

Well, last Friday I get the first call I've received from my dealer letting me know it should be here any day now. I assumed they saw it on their incoming allocations, so when it actually was going to show up was still a mystery. Then, about 3 hours later that day I get a call that the truck with my Bronco on it just showed up!

I picked it up first thing on Saturday morning (said they couldn't get it ready in time Friday) and have been absolutely loving it! I had the roof panels and doors off within 15 minutes of getting it home and drove around all weekend until I had to leave town for work. I couldn't wait to get back today and I'm looking forward to a road trip this weekend for a friends wedding. Anyway, here's a few quick pics I took over the weekend.

Automotive parking light Vehicle Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Vehicle Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Vehicle

#2,725 ·
Finally had the opportunity to do some off road adventuring with the Bronco this weekend. A friend recently got his so yesterday we went out to the Uwharrie National Forrest which has a series of trails. Both Broncos performed flawlessly and it was really impressive trying out all the different settings with the lockers on/off and the sway bar disconnected/connected to see how helpful each of those really are. Without the lockers its pretty easy to slip a wheel on a rock or during a flex, but as soon as its locked up it will crawl over everything without the slightest spin.

I only tested the belly skid plate on a few break over conditions with the slightest touch, no damage to the skid but did what it was designed for.

Here are a few raw unedited pics and screen grabs from a couple videos my passengers took.

Tire Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Plant Vehicle Car Wheel

Tire Vehicle registration plate Plant Vehicle Wheel

Plant Tire Vehicle Plant community Ecoregion

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Off-road racing

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Plant

Plant Tire Car Vehicle Wheel

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle

#2,750 · (Edited)
Got my new wheels and tires mounted up last week! I went with Bronze Fifteen52 Turbomac HD wrapped in 35inch BFG Mud Terrains. There is no rain on the forecast for the next two weeks so this is how I'll be keeping it as long as I can.

Also installed the fog/off-road lights in the bumper and ditch lights by the mirrors.

These pics aren't the best representation of the true color of the Cactus Gray and bronze. In direct sunlight its a lot more gray like the last pic.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Sky Car

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Hood Car

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Automotive side marker light Vehicle

#2,776 ·
Beach, mountains, and now snow! Still loving every minute of this this thing after 7,500 miles and the way it checks so many boxes. I do miss taking the doors and roof off, but ripping around in the snow this week has been fun after our 2,000 mile round trip to Illinois for Christmas.

The one thing I have noticed is the 35 inch BFG mud terrain tires have gotten louder now that they have about 4,000 miles on them. They were great when new, but from what I've read they do tend to get louder the more they wear. It's to be expected when you put a big chunky mud tire and then drive 11 hours on the highway, but just wanted to share some feedback.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Snow Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

#2,075 ·

Stopped to look at one and the dealership threw the keys at us and said "Be back before we close." They said it's there on loan from Ford to show off since inventory is so sparce.

They drive so, so mich nicer than a Wrangler. I was surprised at how quiet it was inside considering the 35s. The wife liked it quite a bit too.

It was a Black Diamond Sasquatch. $48k sticker.

#2,740 ·
After a nine-month wait we picked up our Bronco today: Big Bend, 7-speed manual, tow package & door bags.

Initial impressions are that it's pretty awesome! We had the top back immediately, and the kids love it.
The only complaint so-far is that the digital tachometer is essentially a bar graph. I'm looking to see if there are options to improve on that.

#2,332 ·
Update, it's still friggin sweet. People stop and stare, let me into traffic, give me thumbs up, etc. This will be bad for my mental health.

Only at 200mi or so, haven't gone wot or redline yet but it seems quick. Taking off from a stop isn't impressive, due to the 5k curb weight and what I believe to be heavily computer-limited torque. But I goosed it a bit and from 30-60 it got up and went like you would expect from 400+tq.

#2,336 ·
Update, it's still friggin sweet. People stop and stare, let me into traffic, give me thumbs up, etc. This will be bad for my mental health.

Only at 200mi or so, haven't gone wot or redline yet but it seems quick. Taking off from a stop isn't impressive, due to the 5k curb weight and what I believe to be heavily computer-limited torque. But I goosed it a bit and from 30-60 it got up and went like you would expect from 400+tq.
2.7TT? You’re going to **** the first time at WOT on 93 octane lol.

#1,923 ·
300hp and 325 torques and youtubists think it’s slow? Pffft.

it’s a truck. My truck weighs about the same, and has 120hp. But it doesn’t matter. It’s a 4x4 not a sports car.

#1,924 ·
Agreed.

But...I've always loved Ford EB engines - ease of tuning, I mean who isn't excited about a twin-turbo...anything?!

I'm sure the turbo 4 is more than adequate, but since it's available I'd for sure go 2.7TEB. Likely an easy 400+ hp & even more torque with just a tune.

#1,994 ·
I really want to 2 door and it looks like it will have all the space we need (empty nesting FTW!).

#2,277 · (Edited)
Just realized 2022 will bring us the color Eruption Green. Unfortunately this is one of those colors that is hard to find a good pic of because of people adding filters like this..

So here's one in blah light

And one in the sun to show the flake
Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire Hood

Have to say this as a PHEV is at the top of my next car want list.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.