Fourtitude.com - Doug Demuro reviews the new Bronco
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Results 51 to 75 of 187
    1. Member Surf Green's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 1999
      Location
      Silver Spring, GerryMarylandering
      Posts
      14,835
      Cars
      2 Manuel Turbo Wagons... One is incredibly slow.
      10-14-2020 10:09 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by Sortafast View Post
      Yeah, he literally says that at the beginning of the review.
      I see his name a lot, but haven't invested the time required to formulate an opinion, be it positive or negative.
      My take is... pretty much the only thing left about this vehicle rollout worth paying attention to is actually seeing it move/drive. I guess I'll have to wait a bit longer for that.
      It's comforting to know there's always a chronically angry person at the ready to correct my think.
      2002 Golf Wagon TDI, 210k - 2007 Fuji Heavy Industries WRB WRX Wagon, 126k
      Past: 1996 Surf Green GTI VR6 - 1985 Golf 1.8L - No Trim Level Edition

      Grammatical and spelling errors may be intentional

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 26th, 2009
      Location
      Saint Paul, MN
      Posts
      3,235
      Cars
      2013 VW CC 3.6 4mo
      10-14-2020 10:12 AM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by ADDvanced View Post
      I consider anybody who gets dirty and wrenches much more of a real car person than Doug.
      There's that good-old community gatekeeping.

    4. Member masa8888's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 5th, 2003
      Location
      Reston VA
      Posts
      8,617
      Cars
      2021 VW Atlas, 2000 911 Carrera, 2005 Audi TT 3.2 Quattro
      10-14-2020 10:12 AM #53
      Doug has grown on me, and based on the percentage of "likes" vs. "dislikes" his videos get these days, he's grown on others too. I remember when I first watched him, he nearly had 50% dislikes.

      IMO he captures things well that a normal person would experience when fiddling around with a new car in the dealer showroom.

    5. Member turbo_nine's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 6th, 2000
      Posts
      12,933
      Cars
      the kidney people wouldn't take it
      10-14-2020 10:23 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by r_fostoria View Post
      This is true, but eeeevery once in a while he will say something that's so incorrect it catches me off guard. I can remember two particular times I had to stop the video and rewind to make sure I heard correctly. Here in the SAAB 9-5 video @8:28 he talks about how he really likes the black painted A-pillars that no one else was doing at the time...

      [snip video]

      ...except for the much more culturally significant, highly influential Nissan GT-R which came out with that style 3 years prior. It's almost certainly where SAAB and everyone else copied that from.
      Or did the GTR copy it from the 1990 Subaru Legacy?

      call it potatography

    6. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 23rd, 2020
      Location
      Midwest
      Posts
      461
      Cars
      77 Porsche 911S, 95 Audi S6 Avant RS2, 04 Beetle Turbo S, 00 Honda Insight, Boats, Sleds, Bikes, etc
      10-14-2020 10:59 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by oidoglr View Post
      There's that good-old community gatekeeping.
      I'm going to defend that gate until I die.

      IRL, every 'car guy' I know wrenches. And every time we see a rich dude who doesn't know how to change his own oil, we shake our heads. When you wrench, you gain a MUCH deeper understanding of the construction/engineering of a vehicle, and become way better at diagnosing it, and improving it. Once you've been through a suspension, while you are driving if anything feels off, my brain is able to visualize everything under the car and try to hypothesize what is happening. Same goes for engines, transmissions, etc etc etc. You gain a far deeper understanding of cooling systems, electrical systems, and all the other subsystems in a car, and all that stuff is sort of connected both directly and indirectly.

      Feel free to disagree, but this is a rock I will choose to die on. If you walk into a dealership and buy a brand new car and never wrench on it, you will never really get the bond of man and machine that someone else has. This isn't meant to be a dig at anyone, but there are levels of enthusiasts to all hobbies/things in life, and in terms of automotive goals, designing and building your own car is probably at the absolute top of the list and something that few people will actually achieve. I won't, but that doesn't mean I don't look UP to people that do, and I look UP because they're above me and my accomplishments.
      Last edited by ADDvanced; 10-14-2020 at 11:01 AM.
      I <3 Weird & Fast. Weirst? Faseird?

      IG @ADDvanced
      YT @ADDvanced

    7. Member OOOO-A3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 19th, 2004
      Location
      NAT HLA & WATRS+
      Posts
      8,834
      Cars
      2013 Volt
      10-14-2020 11:10 AM #56
      Background on the Bronco vid:

    8. Member r_fostoria's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2009
      Location
      York, PA
      Posts
      7,893
      Cars
      2009 VW GTI, 2002 VW Golf
      10-14-2020 11:14 AM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by ADDvanced View Post
      This isn't meant to be a dig at anyone
      Yes it is. You and your friends cast negative judgments on people who don't live up to your standard.

      Quote Originally Posted by ADDvanced View Post
      And every time we see a rich dude who doesn't know how to change his own oil, we shake our heads.

    9. Member Braga_Dub's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 8th, 2001
      Location
      NoVA
      Posts
      11,954
      Cars
      13' GenCoupe, 20' Tiguan, 04' 330Ci
      10-14-2020 12:06 PM #58
      I love his reviews!

      Anyone can tell me how much power a car has and how a car "feels" to drive.

      But who will tell me that there's a button behind a panel inside the glovebox that when pressed, will make my car bark anytime I downshift? DOUG!

      Seriously though. I love learning about all the little fun quirks of a car.

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 10th, 2016
      Posts
      674
      10-14-2020 12:07 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by ADDvanced View Post
      No he doesn't. I've corrected him countless times on all sorts of things. Dude doesn't wrench at all, so he is pretty clueless about anything technical. I still think he's an okay dude, and going into all the details on the interiors is great, but when it comes to nuts and bolts he's kind of lost. I consider anybody who gets dirty and wrenches much more of a real car person than Doug.



      K, so I don't hate Doug at all... but... lmao. No ****ing way dude. I just checked his wiki. He was a 'vehicle allocation manager' at Porsche in Atlanta. That sounds like a glorified "so and so wants this car combination can you find it" type of job. He majored in Economics (lol), not engineering and not design. As far as I know, no actual design or engineering happens there... seems more like a 'rich boy in person porsche catalogue order form' experience, that helps people pick out what color thread on what color leather they want to order.
      I don't think Doug understands cars or design at all. He ripped the STI for having a plastic steering wheel cover that looked like metal and was complaining that Subaru didn't make it out of real metal.

      Because having a metal plate flying at you when the airbag explodes is definitely a great idea.

      I've hated him ever since he took a lighter and a toilet plunger to a brand new Tesla Model X that he BORROWED from a viewer. I can't imagine disrespecting someone else's property like that.
      Current: 2007 Mazda MX5 5MT | 2019 VW Golf Sportwagen 4Motion 6MT | 1991 Toyota Pickup 5MT
      Previous: 1989 Volvo 240 5MT | 1991 Toyota 4Runner 4x4 V6 5MT | 1985 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE 5MT | 1996 Subaru Outback 5MT | 2018 Subaru Crosstrek 6MT | 1986 Toyota MR2 5MT

    11. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2004
      Location
      So IN
      Posts
      43,935
      Cars
      '66 Beetle, '92 Ranger, '08 Fit
      10-14-2020 12:10 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by ADDvanced View Post
      I'm going to defend that gate until I die.

      IRL, every 'car guy' I know wrenches. And every time we see a rich dude who doesn't know how to change his own oil, we shake our heads. When you wrench, you gain a MUCH deeper understanding of the construction/engineering of a vehicle, and become way better at diagnosing it, and improving it. Once you've been through a suspension, while you are driving if anything feels off, my brain is able to visualize everything under the car and try to hypothesize what is happening. Same goes for engines, transmissions, etc etc etc. You gain a far deeper understanding of cooling systems, electrical systems, and all the other subsystems in a car, and all that stuff is sort of connected both directly and indirectly.

      Feel free to disagree, but this is a rock I will choose to die on. If you walk into a dealership and buy a brand new car and never wrench on it, you will never really get the bond of man and machine that someone else has. This isn't meant to be a dig at anyone, but there are levels of enthusiasts to all hobbies/things in life, and in terms of automotive goals, designing and building your own car is probably at the absolute top of the list and something that few people will actually achieve. I won't, but that doesn't mean I don't look UP to people that do, and I look UP because they're above me and my accomplishments.
      While that's the way I deal with cars too, I also feel that I'm not more of an enthusiast than someone like Charles Phoenix. I wouldn't say I'm at a different "level" than he is, but I'm a different type of enthusiast. Someone who can regurgitate production numbers, varying model types and options is a different type sill, but one thing is for certain. NOBODY is more enthusiastic about cars than he.

      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

    12. Member x(why)z's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 1st, 2010
      Location
      Pennsylvania/British Columbia
      Posts
      1,841
      Cars
      '97 BMW M3/4/5, Highlander Limited, Honda CB1100
      10-14-2020 12:13 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by ADDvanced View Post
      I'm going to defend that gate until I die.

      IRL, every 'car guy' I know wrenches. And every time we see a rich dude who doesn't know how to change his own oil, we shake our heads. When you wrench, you gain a MUCH deeper understanding of the construction/engineering of a vehicle, and become way better at diagnosing it, and improving it. Once you've been through a suspension, while you are driving if anything feels off, my brain is able to visualize everything under the car and try to hypothesize what is happening. Same goes for engines, transmissions, etc etc etc. You gain a far deeper understanding of cooling systems, electrical systems, and all the other subsystems in a car, and all that stuff is sort of connected both directly and indirectly.

      Feel free to disagree, but this is a rock I will choose to die on. If you walk into a dealership and buy a brand new car and never wrench on it, you will never really get the bond of man and machine that someone else has. This isn't meant to be a dig at anyone, but there are levels of enthusiasts to all hobbies/things in life, and in terms of automotive goals, designing and building your own car is probably at the absolute top of the list and something that few people will actually achieve. I won't, but that doesn't mean I don't look UP to people that do, and I look UP because they're above me and my accomplishments.
      Not a dig, but a question. What about someone like Matt Farah? Doesn't wrench but is obviously knowledgeable about a pretty substantial portion of the hobby.

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 23rd, 2020
      Location
      Midwest
      Posts
      461
      Cars
      77 Porsche 911S, 95 Audi S6 Avant RS2, 04 Beetle Turbo S, 00 Honda Insight, Boats, Sleds, Bikes, etc
      10-14-2020 12:18 PM #62
      Farrah is a rich boi, pretty sure his parents are from Ralph Lauren.

      Does he like fast cars? Yup.

      Does he ever wrench or even show enthusiasm for it? Not really.

      To be the type of enthusiast he is, all it takes is a big bank account, not knowledge, skills, or talent. Just my opinion.

      Letís go the other way. Chip Foose. Classically trained automotive designer. Not only interested in helping build what he envisions, but actively pushes to learn new skills materials and methods. I look up to him. I donít look up to Farrah. I think heís an ok guy and Iíd definitely share some beers but heís not one of my heroes. Same w Doug.

      Go watch Ford vs Ferrari again. :p


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I <3 Weird & Fast. Weirst? Faseird?

      IG @ADDvanced
      YT @ADDvanced

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 5th, 2017
      Location
      Are Vee Aye
      Posts
      6,713
      10-14-2020 12:24 PM #63
      Do you even wrench [rich] bro?

      But for real, not all car guys wrench. Whether you look up to them or not is another story.

    15. Geriatric Member @McMike's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 9th, 2002
      Location
      Northern part of the Virginia
      Posts
      38,218
      Cars
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      10-14-2020 12:24 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      While that's the way I deal with cars too, I also feel that I'm not more of an enthusiast than someone like Charles Phoenix. I wouldn't say I'm at a different "level" than he is, but I'm a different type of enthusiast. Someone who can regurgitate production numbers, varying model types and options is a different type sill, but one thing is for certain. NOBODY is more enthusiastic about cars than he.
      I haven't heard of Charles, but I have now. LOL, ****ing love this dude.



      You don't have to work on cars to be an enthusiast. Most of the gamers I know can't program ****, but I don't judge their nerd level because of it. Same with airplane enthusiasts. Most of them can't even FLY A PLANE.

    16. Member x(why)z's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 1st, 2010
      Location
      Pennsylvania/British Columbia
      Posts
      1,841
      Cars
      '97 BMW M3/4/5, Highlander Limited, Honda CB1100
      10-14-2020 12:27 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by ADDvanced View Post
      Farrah is a rich boi, pretty sure his parents are from Ralph Lauren.

      Does he like fast cars? Yup.

      Does he ever wrench or even show enthusiasm for it? Not really.

      To be the type of enthusiast he is, all it takes is a big bank account, not knowledge, skills, or talent. Just my opinion.

      Letís go the other way. Chip Foose. Classically trained automotive designer. Not only interested in helping build what he envisions, but actively pushes to learn new skills materials and methods. I look up to him. I donít look up to Farrah. I think heís an ok guy and Iíd definitely share some beers but heís not one of my heroes. Same w Doug.

      Go watch Ford vs Ferrari again. :p


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Fair enough. I guess I like my hobbies like I like my society: open to anyone as long as they aren't hateful. I like Foose, I like Farrah, I like Doug. I like my buds who enjoy their cars and the adventures they engender even though they can't turn a wrench.

      As for Farrah being a "rich boi", sure, but I'm happy for him. It formed his worldview but hasn't defined it. The thing I like about Farrah is that for all his flaws and bro-iness, he acknowledges it and tries to do some good and accepting. I appreciate that even if the wrapper can be a bit alienating as I'm not rich nor ever have been. He appreciates cars and the stories they tell by the people who own them, and for that, he's a car guy.

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 22nd, 2010
      Location
      MN
      Posts
      1,648
      Cars
      2020 Subaru Ascent & 2020 Subaru WRX
      10-14-2020 12:32 PM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by ice4life View Post
      Do you even wrench [rich] bro?

      But for real, not all car guys wrench. Whether you look up to them or not is another story.
      There have been discussions here as well about what types of cars you can be into and still be an enthusiast or not.

      My dad was a tech for 30 years before he changed careers. It took the fun of cars away from him. He's back in the game now doing a nut and bolt restoration on an old Chevy and loves it like crazy. I listened to every word he said when he was telling me not to be a tech as a career choice and only picked up wrenches if I needed to hand them to him. I enjoy the driving aspect of cars and have zero interest in working on them.

    18. Senior Member Iroczgirl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 2007
      Location
      Bend, OR
      Posts
      34,196
      Cars
      Hot hatchback coupť heaven
      10-14-2020 12:41 PM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by turbo_nine View Post
      Or did the GTR copy it from the 1990 Subaru Legacy?

      Subaru copied that and the 4wd idea from AMC, which started to offer blacked out a-pillars a decade earlier.



      Lots of VW stuff|Rare Scirocco parts!
      The family: 1955 Customline 351C | 1970 TR6 262Olds | 1977 Capri Cologne | 1980 Rabbit AAZ | 1984 C30 350 | 1988 Scirocco 9A | 1988 Scirocco LP7Y | 1992 Pickup 22RE | 1997 D21 KA24E | 2000 Grand Marquis Modular
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      You're always better off with a CitroŽn.ô

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 5th, 2017
      Location
      Are Vee Aye
      Posts
      6,713
      10-14-2020 12:45 PM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by Iroczgirl View Post
      Subaru copied that and the 4wd idea from AMC, which started to offer blacked out a-pillars a decade earlier.



      I donít see blacked out A-Pillars. I only see black trim on the window frames.

    20. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 5th, 2017
      Location
      Are Vee Aye
      Posts
      6,713
      10-14-2020 12:46 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by bnkrpt311 View Post
      I enjoy the driving aspect of cars and have zero interest in working on them.
      I agree


      Quote Originally Posted by x(why)z View Post
      Fair enough. I guess I like my hobbies like I like my society: open to anyone as long as they aren't hateful.
      Words to live by

    21. Geriatric Member Sporin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 1999
      Location
      Vermont, USA
      Posts
      35,155
      Cars
      '94 Miata - '20 Civic Si - '16 RAV4
      10-14-2020 12:47 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by x(why)z View Post
      Fair enough. I guess I like my hobbies like I like my society: open to anyone as long as they aren't hateful. I like Foose, I like Farrah, I like Doug. I like my buds who enjoy their cars and the adventures they engender even though they can't turn a wrench.

      As for Farrah being a "rich boi", sure, but I'm happy for him. It formed his worldview but hasn't defined it. The thing I like about Farrah is that for all his flaws and bro-iness, he acknowledges it and tries to do some good and accepting. I appreciate that even if the wrapper can be a bit alienating as I'm not rich nor ever have been. He appreciates cars and the stories they tell by the people who own them, and for that, he's a car guy.
      I like Farrah, and even more so now that I've listened to a bunch of his podcasts. He might come from money (and he's never denied that) but he can talk all kinds of cars with just about any level of enthusiast and he'd be pretty high on my "have a beer with" list in this genre.

      He's damn sure more authentic than the plethora of Euro Trust Fund boys who populate YouTube these days, buying and selling one exotic after another, jetting off to Dubai, and doing the same, shallow thing over and over again.

      Speaking of the Smoking Tire podcast, listen to the one with Doug Demuro and I guarantee you'll come out of that liking DD a LOT more.

    22. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 26th, 2009
      Location
      Saint Paul, MN
      Posts
      3,235
      Cars
      2013 VW CC 3.6 4mo
      10-14-2020 12:48 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by ADDvanced View Post
      I'm going to defend that gate until I die.

      IRL, every 'car guy' I know wrenches. And every time we see a rich dude who doesn't know how to change his own oil, we shake our heads. When you wrench, you gain a MUCH deeper understanding of the construction/engineering of a vehicle, and become way better at diagnosing it, and improving it. Once you've been through a suspension, while you are driving if anything feels off, my brain is able to visualize everything under the car and try to hypothesize what is happening. Same goes for engines, transmissions, etc etc etc. You gain a far deeper understanding of cooling systems, electrical systems, and all the other subsystems in a car, and all that stuff is sort of connected both directly and indirectly.

      Feel free to disagree, but this is a rock I will choose to die on. If you walk into a dealership and buy a brand new car and never wrench on it, you will never really get the bond of man and machine that someone else has. This isn't meant to be a dig at anyone, but there are levels of enthusiasts to all hobbies/things in life, and in terms of automotive goals, designing and building your own car is probably at the absolute top of the list and something that few people will actually achieve. I won't, but that doesn't mean I don't look UP to people that do, and I look UP because they're above me and my accomplishments.
      By that measure, someone can't be a music enthusiast if they don't play an instrument, or an art aficionado if they don't paint, sculpt or photograph themselves. Or a foodie if they can't cook!
      Last edited by oidoglr; 10-14-2020 at 01:12 PM.

    23. Senior Member Iroczgirl's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 2007
      Location
      Bend, OR
      Posts
      34,196
      Cars
      Hot hatchback coupť heaven
      10-14-2020 12:51 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by got-rice View Post
      I don't think he's hated here as much as Scotty.
      I can't even take that guy for more than a minute, while I do occasionally watch a Doug video.
      Lots of VW stuff|Rare Scirocco parts!
      The family: 1955 Customline 351C | 1970 TR6 262Olds | 1977 Capri Cologne | 1980 Rabbit AAZ | 1984 C30 350 | 1988 Scirocco 9A | 1988 Scirocco LP7Y | 1992 Pickup 22RE | 1997 D21 KA24E | 2000 Grand Marquis Modular
      Quote Originally Posted by Crimping Is Easy View Post
      You're always better off with a CitroŽn.ô

    24. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 23rd, 2020
      Location
      Midwest
      Posts
      461
      Cars
      77 Porsche 911S, 95 Audi S6 Avant RS2, 04 Beetle Turbo S, 00 Honda Insight, Boats, Sleds, Bikes, etc
      10-14-2020 01:08 PM #73
      Quote Originally Posted by bnkrpt311 View Post
      I have zero interest in working on them.
      Thatís fine.

      But youíll never understand how they work. Sure, maybe youíll have a basic understanding but through wrenching I gain a deeper understanding and appreciation for the engineering and design decisions happening beneath the surface.

      Not everyone has to be that way. Are you still a car guy? Sure. Just not as much as someone who is enthusiastic as someone who enjoys the pie.

      There are things Iíve tried and struggled at, and things I wonít even attempt again (example: rusty exhausts. Nope. Going to pay for that)

      That said, I consider the dudes who can craft a beautiful set of tubular headers craftsman, artists, would love to learn more, and if one of them offered to show me how to build some, I would be completely yoked about it. I look up to them because they possess a skill and a facet of being an automotive god I donít currently have, and you donít give a ****.

      This is why all my closest friends wrench, we are in it. We strive to learn more and more.

      Iím redoing my 911 engine this year. Iíve never done it before and Iím learning a ton. Iíve already made mistakes but Iím gaining confidence and skills I didnít have 5 years ago. Thatís what life is all about imho; pushing yourself and constantly learning.

      You seem content where you are at, thatís fine if thatís what you want. I want the whole pie.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I <3 Weird & Fast. Weirst? Faseird?

      IG @ADDvanced
      YT @ADDvanced

    25. Member SchnellFowVay's Avatar
      Join Date
      May 20th, 2001
      Location
      Las Vegas, NV
      Posts
      15,343
      Cars
      '19 MDX, '17 S3, '08 987.1 S, '86 535is 5MT
      10-14-2020 01:23 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by ADDvanced View Post
      Thatís fine.

      But youíll never understand how they work. Sure, maybe youíll have a basic understanding but through wrenching I gain a deeper understanding and appreciation for the engineering and design decisions happening beneath the surface.

      Not everyone has to be that way. Are you still a car guy? Sure. Just not as much as someone who is enthusiastic as someone who enjoys the pie.

      There are things Iíve tried and struggled at, and things I wonít even attempt again (example: rusty exhausts. Nope. Going to pay for that)

      That said, I consider the dudes who can craft a beautiful set of tubular headers craftsman, artists, would love to learn more, and if one of them offered to show me how to build some, I would be completely yoked about it. I look up to them because they possess a skill and a facet of being an automotive god I donít currently have, and you donít give a ****.

      This is why all my closest friends wrench, we are in it. We strive to learn more and more.

      Iím redoing my 911 engine this year. Iíve never done it before and Iím learning a ton. Iíve already made mistakes but Iím gaining confidence and skills I didnít have 5 years ago. Thatís what life is all about imho; pushing yourself and constantly learning.

      You seem content where you are at, thatís fine if thatís what you want. I want the whole pie.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      But nobody gives a ****. That's great that you and your friends are into wrenching. But a crafting hobby is totally different than enjoying driving, or racing, or just looking at cars. Your worldview is so myopic that you think anyone who doesn't appreciate something in the same way you do is somehow less relevant. That's fine. Go wrench on your cars.

      Have you studied how cars are marketed? Have you tried reupholstering a car? Have you studied the legalities of new car sale and safety regulations? Maybe you aren't as hardcore of an enthusiast as an in-house attorney at Ford who specializes and gets "Down and dirty" with NHTSA car regulations. Why is the only way to enjoy a car to wrench on it?

      What about people who race cars? I have an uncle who spent years amateur racing Porsches. He doesn't even know how to change oil, and he doesn't care. He just pays someone to do it for him. But he drives the hell out of the cars (he blew up a 996 GT2 conversion car he owned). He is also a driving instructor on weekends for free, and tries to teach new people how to drive their cars fast. Is he not an enthusiast?

      What are you even talking about?
      Last edited by SchnellFowVay; 10-14-2020 at 01:29 PM.
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      I used to pack his chute all the time

    26. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 5th, 2017
      Location
      Are Vee Aye
      Posts
      6,713
      10-14-2020 01:24 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by ADDvanced View Post
      Thatís fine. But youíll never understand how they work.
      Thatís a pretty blanketed statement.

    Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •