Fourtitude.com - What Is Your Average Monthly Car Payment? Please vote
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

View Poll Results: What is your avg car payment per car not including fuel, insurance, maintence.

Voters
    313. You may not vote on this poll
    • $0 because they are paid off

106 33.87%
    • $300 and Under

34 10.86%
    • $301 -$600

121 38.66%
    • $601 - $1000

43 13.74%
    • $1001 +

9 2.88%
    Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
      Cars
      2015 GTI
      09-16-2020 08:27 AM #226
      I don’t have a car payment now but I did until a few months ago for my wife’s Golf SportWagen, it was under $300. We tend to keep cars for 10 yrs so we should be payment free for another 5-6 yrs at which point we’ll spring for something newer. I don’t mind a reasonable car payment every few yrs, it’s just an operating cost of living, like everything else.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Blog Entries
      Cars
      '18 Jeep SRT; '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      09-16-2020 09:25 AM #227
      Quote Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene View Post
      Who said I was single? I'm married, just no kids.
      Gets me 50% off mortgage/rent!
      Yeah, this is definitely the way to do it if you want to maximize you're buying power. I definitely wouldn't have half the "stuff" I have now if I didn't have a partner in crime.

Cars
      Lots of things with a few 911s included
      09-16-2020 09:31 AM #228
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      Wonder how many people will gloss over this 100% accurate discription.

I have spent hours a day, for a month, studying the late model Porsche market, and cannot agree with this sentiment more.

aaaannnnnnnnd we all know you can speak on it the best
      Haha, thanks buddy. It is work in its purest sense, but it is my hobby....so it doesn't feel like work. Also, while I'm always looking to minimize the cost of ownership, it isn't the end of the world if that doesn't work out as planned. I would caution anybody looking to do this, but stretching themselves based on some of the numbers I've talked about over the past couple of days....an educated guess is always just that.
      2019 Guards/Aurum GT3 RS Weissach
      2018 RS3: APR stage 2 10.72 @ 130.5
      2020 Performance Blue Raptor crew cab
      2017 Night blue metallic 991 GTS
      Past: Evo 8, R35 GT-R, F80 M3s, C6 Z06, 991TT-S/GT3, etc

Cars
      14 Boxster 12 Wrangler
      09-16-2020 04:51 PM #229
      Quote Originally Posted by ElixXxeR View Post
      Just bought a 981 Boxster S and it'll be ~$700. Will be my first ever car payment, but only 36 months.
      The above example is why the payment number doesn't matter.
      Know matter how good a deal you got, that car costs more than $25k.

The payment on my 981 boxster is $698, no money down, 2.99% 60 months.
      Jeep is paid. It was $505. 6 years ago I had the cayman s and jeep payment at the same time.
      That was expensive.
      I might trade in the jeep and get a model 3 performance. Can't figure that one out.
      Why get a new car that sits in a garage for weeks at a time. I've only added 800 miles on the boxster this year.
      1100 on the jeep and that's the vacation vehicle.

Her 430i gran coupe is $600 with tax included, it's a lease with 18 months left.

6. Member
      Cars
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      09-16-2020 07:43 PM #230
      Quote Originally Posted by Toaster29 View Post
      Haha, thanks buddy. It is work in its purest sense, but it is my hobby....so it doesn't feel like work. Also, while I'm always looking to minimize the cost of ownership, it isn't the end of the world if that doesn't work out as planned. I would caution anybody looking to do this, but stretching themselves based on some of the numbers I've talked about over the past couple of days....an educated guess is always just that.
      Oh I think you nailed it. I spent way too long shopping for a PCar, and as far as value retention goes, the best option I could come up with was an interesting, low mile, 2-4 year 911 that had depreciated, and keep it for about a year. Problem was, I ruh-healy wanted to spec it myself. In hindsight looking at listings a year later, if I had done that, in terms of dollars I'd be ahead right now. But I'm not even mad, the fun and smiles are unrelenting.

Cars
      2019 Model 3 Performance, 2019 Hyundai Ioniq EV, 2004 S2000
      09-16-2020 08:06 PM #231
      Quote Originally Posted by ikonomore View Post
      I might trade in the jeep and get a model 3 performance. Can't figure that one out.
      Why get a new car that sits in a garage for weeks at a time. I've only added 800 miles on the boxster this year.
      Sell me your boxster.... Specs? I've been looking for a 981
      Slow Car Fast

Cars
      13 Golf TDI, 11 Touareg TDI, 09 Speed Triple, 06 RX8, 02 M3, 98 C2500, 94(98) CP Camaro
      09-16-2020 10:08 PM #232
      I am up to 7 vehicles now but only two payments, $412/mo total. In the process of selling at least two of them.

9. 09-17-2020 01:19 AM #233
      I have a mental limit of $500 a month. Doesnt matter how much I make. I work in Silicon Valley, have a high paying Silicon Valley job with a $1500 month mortgage. My co-workers pay $6-8k a month on their houses.

So now, I drive a F-Type R. Probably can pay it off this year but I like having similar payments to my co-workers who drive Mazda3s.
      A long time ago, my highest payment for a car was $700 and that was for a Range Rover Sport after dropping $40k down payment.

I might not live another 10 years. I have some health issues that plagued my dad and I am not gonna go out like him. Enjoy what I can so money on cars isn't even a concern. I don't care about depreciation. Smiles per mile.

Then there is the utility factor of making car payments. Reliably getting to work and running errands.
      I lease my commuter if the job pays for it. But I dont have that perk anymore.
      My leases are usually under $300 so that means some crazy incentivized EV car. My last commuter was a Jetta which I actually financed instead of leasing because I got it down to $202 with tax & license. Sold the Jetta so I need another car. Will probably get a Stelvio. Either lease or buy but my limit is $300 for that.

10. Member
      Cars
      08 2dr jk wrongler 6spd and 03 5.4l f150 2wd and dying
      09-17-2020 02:27 AM #234
      $250(ish) a month for me. Can’t stomach more than $300 a month for a vehicle for some reason. Mines a little different though, using my works credit union and with auto deposit and pay, I don’t see the payment. Actual payment is 120 every 2 weeks and the bank is on auto deposit of 125 every 2 weeks. Don’t have to worry, and I don’t really notice the lack of money anymore.

Cars
      14 Boxster 12 Wrangler
      09-17-2020 01:44 PM #235
      Quote Originally Posted by Tommietank View Post
      Sell me your boxster.... Specs? I've been looking for a 981
      Thank you but no thanks. It's just about the perfect Porsche for me.
      My 2008 base cayman was great but i was worried about ims so away it went.

My 2014 cayman S had every sport option which i thought i wanted.
      It had PASM, PTV, SC, Sport exhaust, 20" rims but no bose or nav.
      It felt like i was in a race car all the time which is fine sometimes but in the colder months i had to be very careful driving it.
      Snows would fix it but still. It was an event car. Sticker was $80k and i just worried about it all the time.

My 2014 boxster was used and showed up at a MB dealer. This dealer is strange because they have 150 used MBs and 3 off brand cars.
      Boxster has pdk, bose, nav. Test drove it for like 5 miles and that sealed it for me. I drive it whenever i can. I love dropping the top
      compared to my wrangler. Drops at 34 mph or below. I also bought a set of winter tires and rims which takes away cold weather driving worries.

12. Member
      Cars
      Fahrvergnügen
      09-17-2020 03:35 PM #236
      Quote Originally Posted by tip View Post
      Another $0 here

I just can't justify car payments anymore. My last car loan was in 2008 and it was $179/month.

My wife is a stay at home mom, so having more $$ freed up has let us make that work, which (to us) we couldn't put a price on.
      Yeah, same boat.

13. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Cars
      '66 Beetle, '92 Ranger, '08 Fit
      09-17-2020 03:49 PM #237
      Thank God the cars are all paid off. Due to COVID-19 regulations I haven't drawn a paycheck since the end of March.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

14. Member
      Cars
      2016 Golf R
      09-17-2020 08:57 PM #238
      Quote Originally Posted by ikonomore View Post
      Thank you but no thanks. It's just about the perfect Porsche for me.
      My 2008 base cayman was great but i was worried about ims so away it went.

My 2014 cayman S had every sport option which i thought i wanted.
      It had PASM, PTV, SC, Sport exhaust, 20" rims but no bose or nav.
      It felt like i was in a race car all the time which is fine sometimes but in the colder months i had to be very careful driving it.
      Snows would fix it but still. It was an event car. Sticker was $80k and i just worried about it all the time.

My 2014 boxster was used and showed up at a MB dealer. This dealer is strange because they have 150 used MBs and 3 off brand cars.
      Boxster has pdk, bose, nav. Test drove it for like 5 miles and that sealed it for me. I drive it whenever i can. I love dropping the top
      compared to my wrangler. Drops at 34 mph or below. I also bought a set of winter tires and rims which takes away cold weather driving worries.
      You lost me at pdk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Rick

15. Member
      Cars
      F
      09-17-2020 10:41 PM #239
      Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      Thank God the cars are all paid off. Due to COVID-19 regulations I haven't drawn a paycheck since the end of March.
      oof

wife works in a salon so its every other week for her after an extended shutdown in q2. no sign of going back full time for the foreseeable future.

Cars
      Orig Owner 90 G60 & 02 Allroad 6Sp Man w/ 3rd Row Seat 07 3x White NB & 08 Yukon Denali XL to tow em
      09-17-2020 11:04 PM #240
      Quote Originally Posted by Human5 View Post
      using my works credit union and with auto deposit and pay, I don’t see the payment. Actual payment is 120 every 2 weeks and the bank is on auto deposit of 125 every 2 weeks.
      What he said ... having the payment pulled from your credit union checking account on payday 2x a month is amazing. This was important because wife was finishing masters when vehicle were needed.

Along with a 2.9% rate offered back in 2014, our credit union (Nordstrom) made it painless to purchase a convertible beetle and Yukon Denali the same year. Luxury vehicles from desperate dealers at low dij pricing / rates.

In a blink it seems, they’re paid off, painlessly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      !! opɐɹɹoɔ ǝɥʇ!!ƃuıʇɔǝdsǝɹ !!!
      !! odarroɔ ǝht gnitɔepser !!

17. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      LS3 Malibu, Mid Engined Camry
      09-18-2020 03:25 AM #241
      Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      Ouch. Glad you're making do. Many people can't survive that kind of drought, so good for you for preparing.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910