VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Recommend a remote starter

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  MaDMvD 
#1 ·
Searched but couldn’t find anything on this topic, but looking to get a remote starter for a 2019 Q5. I saw a video where the shop used iDataStart where the lock button on the Audi keyfob can be pressed 3 times. Granted this shop is in Canada and looking to see if anyone has had one installed to get their feedback/thoughts/issues? Also looking to see if anyone in the D.C. region has had this installed? If not I see Viper & Compustar are in pretty much every big box electronics store. Want to stay away from a second fob just to start, but if necessary will do so. Between Viper & Compustar which is the best to install in an Audi if I end up having to go this route?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Honestly no luck, if it was a VW like you I’d just get factory to be honest. Audi is a different animal apparently.

#5 ·
Not at the moment. I saw another maker/installer where you use the spare key that’s hidden in the car so you can remote start. Not a fan of that idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.