Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1. Member
      Cars
      AWD German Hatch
      08-04-2020 10:28 AM #1
      What better time to get a new CEO than the middle of the worst economic crisis in a century?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fo...of2&yptr=yahoo

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      08-04-2020 10:45 AM #2
      Bill Ford needs to step down as chairman. Hinrichs should have been CEO long ago. Hackett should have never been hired and Farley should have been siloed/exiled. All Farley is good at is bullying his way up the corporate ladder.
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post
      I spent my entire season budget during the off-season on go fast parts, so now I'm wishing I hadn't and had saved a little so I could buy a sim rig.

4. Member
      08-04-2020 10:48 AM #3
      Ford couldn't Hackett it anymore and figured a change would go Farley well.

To go on an Expedition, you have to be an Explorer, willing to Escape the norms to give yourself an Edge of confidence, to Flex your muscles, ride that Bronco and prepare for the next Excursion.

Cars
      '17 GTI Sport
      08-04-2020 10:51 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      Ford couldn't Hackett it anymore and figured a change would go Farley well.

To go on an Expedition, you have to be an Explorer, willing to Escape the norms to give yourself an Edge of confidence, to Flex your muscles, ride that Bronco and prepare for the next Excursion.
      With enough Focus, the company can get this Mustang running, Transit the tough times, and possibly throw a Fiesta once things are good.

08-04-2020 10:52 AM #5
      Aside from the Bronco and the V8 Mustangs, Hackett has done a great job of COMPLETELY removing me from their customer list.

The Explorer was ghastly, and the stench has rubbed off on the Aviator. The FoST and FiST were the closest to what I look for in a car...and they are now gone. Quality is in the dumps - I won't risk my money on pretty much any Ford right now.

Shame, as their emotional models are really good, but Ford just doesn't offer anything that gets my interest.
      Matt
      2018 Toyota Highlander SE AWD, Midnight Black Metallic/Black
      2018 Four Winns H210 / 5.3L Volvo Penta V8 300 / DPS-A Duoprop drive

7. Member
      08-04-2020 11:01 AM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by JustinCSVT View Post
      With enough Focus, the company can get this Mustang running, Transit the tough times, and possibly throw a Fiesta once things are good.

Cars
      S4, R32
      08-04-2020 11:06 AM #7
      welcome to the layer cake

9. Member
      Cars
      08-04-2020 11:07 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Maximum_Download View Post
      Aside from the Bronco and the V8 Mustangs, Hackett has done a great job of COMPLETELY removing me from their customer list.

The Explorer was ghastly, and the stench has rubbed off on the Aviator. The FoST and FiST were the closest to what I look for in a car...and they are now gone. Quality is in the dumps - I won't risk my money on pretty much any Ford right now.

Shame, as their emotional models are really good, but Ford just doesn't offer anything that gets my interest.
      I think the Corsair is top value in its segment. Good looking, well equipped, nice performance, proper pricing. Outside of that and the emotional models I agree though. But I could say the same of most mainstream companies.
      I spent my entire season budget during the off-season on go fast parts, so now I'm wishing I hadn't and had saved a little so I could buy a sim rig.

Cars
      the kidney people wouldn't take it
      08-04-2020 11:26 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      chrisFarley.jpg
      I was thinking more like "I live in a Ford Transit down by the river!"
      call it potatography

08-04-2020 11:46 AM #10
      There is a lot of problem at Ford to fix, Farley better get to work fast.

1. B-segment CUV strategy is a disaster. Ford was the first company to really dominate the segment with a modern global platform vehicles (the original EcoSport and European Fusion) but watched the competitor leapfrog it in the fastest growing segment in the world.

2. Emerging market strategy is a mess. Ford is totally clueless about what to do in China and South America, and has pretty much given up in Southeast Asia and India.

3. Product development process is broken and it takes too long to bring vehicles to market. Ford has global platforms but failed to understand how to leverage them... you don't just do an Escape and hope everyone like it. You add 10 different bodystyles to it and customize it for every region and market like VW does it.

4. Not enough emphasis on selling vans. This is probably Ford's biggest sin. Ford Transit is its 2nd most profitable vehicle after F-150. So naturally, you would think that they try to sell as many as they can... but it will boggle your mind to know that Ford doesn't sell vans in all of its markets. It is unreal product planning blunder.

On the other hand, Farley has had a hand in MACH E and Bronco and they are both very promising. Maverick and Fusion Active are next and they should be pretty bang on the buck too.

12. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7, 2008 A6
      08-04-2020 12:09 PM #11
      Is this a good thing or a bad thing?
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

Cars
      '19 Accord EX Hybrid, '16 e-Golf SE, '04 Sequoia SR5
      08-04-2020 12:15 PM #12
      OUT

IN

14. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Cars
      2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
      08-04-2020 12:51 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      Bill Ford needs to step down as chairman.
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

Cars
      1987 944 S, 2003 S2000, 2011 E90 M3, 2013 Mazda 3, 2014 4Runner Trail
      08-04-2020 12:55 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
      There is a lot of problem at Ford to fix, Farley better get to work fast.

1. B-segment CUV strategy is a disaster. Ford was the first company to really dominate the segment with a modern global platform vehicles (the original EcoSport and European Fusion) but watched the competitor leapfrog it in the fastest growing segment in the world.

2. Emerging market strategy is a mess. Ford is totally clueless about what to do in China and South America, and has pretty much given up in Southeast Asia and India.

3. Product development process is broken and it takes too long to bring vehicles to market. Ford has global platforms but failed to understand how to leverage them... you don't just do an Escape and hope everyone like it. You add 10 different bodystyles to it and customize it for every region and market like VW does it.

4. Not enough emphasis on selling vans. This is probably Ford's biggest sin. Ford Transit is its 2nd most profitable vehicle after F-150. So naturally, you would think that they try to sell as many as they can... but it will boggle your mind to know that Ford doesn't sell vans in all of its markets. It is unreal product planning blunder.

On the other hand, Farley has had a hand in MACH E and Bronco and they are both very promising. Maverick and Fusion Active are next and they should be pretty bang on the buck too.
      Very much this. They're in a good position, relatively speaking, to make good gains. It' just a matter of can they pick a good strategy and execute it properly.

I'm not sure how well an American brand is going to do in China at the present time, and in the next couple of years, given the political climate, but certainly they need to make big gains in India and Southeast Asia. Besides native competition, the teaming up of PSA/FCA, and Renault-Nissan's new formed strategy put them on better footing than Ford.

However, I think Ford has good platforms on which to develop, so it really comes down to how well their product strategy and execution will be.

16. Member
      Cars
      Boring silver appliance w/rear disc brakes & TuRD Japan shift knob
      08-04-2020 03:39 PM #15
      Yes, Jim is related to Callahan III...if Jimmy boy stayed at Toyota, would he have been given the reins there.

17. Member
      08-04-2020 03:40 PM #16
      Ford needs to bring this beauty

The Music city. Or The Motor City. What day is it?
      Cars
      2020 Nissan GT-R Premium, 2020 Tesla Model 3 Performance
      08-04-2020 06:46 PM #17
      Bill Ford needs to step down as chairman. Hinrichs should have been CEO long ago. Hackett should have never been hired and Farley should have been siloed/exiled. All Farley is good at is bullying his way up the corporate ladder.
      Joe couldn't play nice with others. I liked him, but he would've been (and was) problematic in the type A culture that exists in Dearborn. My pick would've been Hai Thai-Tang, as Farley isn't exactly liked internally, and yes to your take on Bill Ford. Seeing Alan Mulally kiss him on the forehead in front of folks was the funniest thing I've seen in this industry, on so many levels.

Cars
      2016 A6 2.0T Quattro
      08-04-2020 08:10 PM #18
      This would be bigger news if not for the world falling apart. Apparently he is Chris Farley’s cousin.

08-04-2020 08:56 PM #19
      Bill Ford needs to step down as chairman.
      With so, so few exceptions, companies run by 3rd generation family and beyond are always mismanaged. Families need to get out of the management structure. Keep your ownership stakes that grandpa gave you, but get out of the management unless you are truly the best of the best.

Cars
      2015 Passat "Limited Edition"
      08-04-2020 09:23 PM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by Canaletto View Post
      What better time to get a new CEO than the middle of the worst economic crisis in a century?

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/fo...of2&yptr=yahoo
      Except that this was planned before the pandemic and won't take effect for another 3 months.

22. Member
      Cars
      08-04-2020 09:25 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by Minority5 View Post
      Joe couldn't play nice with others. I liked him, but he would've been (and was) problematic in the type A culture that exists in Dearborn. My pick would've been Hai Thai-Tang, as Farley isn't exactly liked internally, and yes to your take on Bill Ford. Seeing Alan Mulally kiss him on the forehead in front of folks was the funniest thing I've seen in this industry, on so many levels.
      Yea Farley is not liked, and has no resume. He was responsible for Scion As for your last sentence.... WHAT? LMAO. Between Bill Ford and the UAW it's a miracle Ford keeps moving forward. What a disaster.

23. Member
      Cars
      Boring silver appliance w/rear disc brakes & TuRD Japan shift knob
      08-04-2020 11:52 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by Minority5 View Post
      Now that you mention Hau Thai-Tang, responsible for a lot of good things at FoMoCo, I wonder why he isn't higher is because of perhaps a 'glass ceiling' that supposedly affects Asians in the business diaspora.

Cars
      1987 944 S, 2003 S2000, 2011 E90 M3, 2013 Mazda 3, 2014 4Runner Trail
      08-05-2020 12:19 AM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by got-rice View Post
      Now that you mention Hau Thai-Tang, responsible for a lot of good things at FoMoCo, I wonder why he isn't higher is because of perhaps a 'glass ceiling' that supposedly affects Asians in the business diaspora.
      My guess would be that most of Wall Street hasn't heard of him, but they have heard of Farley. As an outsider with no inside connection, I too think Thai-Tang should be in the top or at least second to the top spot, just judging by the programs he's been responsible and I've come away impressed seeing him answer question in interviews.

25. Member
      Cars
      AWD German Hatch
      08-05-2020 08:07 AM #24
      The Autoextremist certainly isn't pleased with the change:

http://www.autoextremist.com/

26. Member
      Cars
      08-05-2020 08:23 AM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by Canaletto View Post
      The Autoextremist certainly isn't pleased with the change:

http://www.autoextremist.com/
      This has been my main window into the Ford C suite drama... I am honestly scared to click that link lmao

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast