Fourtitude.com - Bare Engine Block Comptibility: CDMA or CRZA replaced with BPY?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 08-01-2020 08:52 PM #1
      Was searching for compatiblity of BPY engine blocks (bare, without pistons, rods, etc.) vs CRZA (Mk6 Golf R) or CDMA (Mk2 TTS). Again, I'm referring only to the bottom end. Not the cylinder head. Lots of good threads on what parts are different but nothing specific on the engine block. The engine block does come up as being 'reinforced' in the Golf R and TTS but I think that is just the main caps for the crankshaft, though I don't know that for sure. Doesn't seem to be many definitive answers so hoping one of you experienced people can steer me in the right direction.

My engine block from my Mk2 Audi TTS is scored so going to do a rebuild. Can get my hands on a new BPY engine block for a really good price. Nothing for a new CDMA/CRZA block unless I want to fork out $4000. Forget about used: been looking for the last 4 weeks and nothing. Even on the BPY end they are all very high milage so not worth it.

When I look for Audi parts online it shows the BPY engine block is compatible with my Mk2 TTS. And that's pretty much every site I've checked out. However, I don't trust that data. When I speak to reps they say it's not, so getting mixed messages.

Thanks!
      Last edited by wolfpuppy; 08-02-2020 at 10:19 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 08-02-2020 08:41 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by wolfpuppy View Post
      Was searching for compatiblity of BPY engine blocks (bare, without pistons, rods, etc.) vs CRZA (Mk6 Golf R) or CDMA (Mk2 TTS). Again, I'm referring only to the bottom end. Not the cylinder head. Lots of good threads on what parts are different but nothing specific on the engine block. The engine block does come up as being 'reinforced' in the Golf R and TTS but I think that is just the main caps for the crankshaft, though I don't know that for sure. Doesn't seem to be many definitive answers so hoping one of you experienced people can steer me in the right direction.

My block engine block from my Mk2 Audi TTS is scored so going to do a rebuild. Can get my hands on a new BPY engine block for a really good price. Nothing for a new CDMA/CRZA block unless I want to fork out $4000. Forget about used: been looking for the last 4 weeks and nothing. Even on the BPY end they are all very high milage so not worth it.

When I look for Audi parts online it shows the BPY engine block is compatible with my Mk2 TTS. And that's pretty much every site I've checked out. However, I don't trust that data. When I speak to reps they say it's not, so getting mixed messages.

Thanks!
      I did a lot of research on this topic when I upgraded my BPY rods/pistons with CRZA rods/pistons. From all available info, the only difference between the BPY and CRZA block is that the CRZA (and all K04 based codes) use a grade 12.9 bolt for the main cap vs 10.9 grade in the BPY. Every other part number in the block is the same. That said, my upgrade to CRZA rods/pistons went great and I’ve been making about 300whp with the setup for a year without incident.
      MKV GTI - FSI K04 - SRE Clutch - IE HPFP

4. 08-02-2020 10:18 PM #3
      Excellent! Thank you.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 08-04-2020 03:34 AM #4
      i love tis blog

7. 08-04-2020 03:35 AM #5
      i hate thissss

8. 08-04-2020 03:39 AM #6
      i want to change this

9. 08-04-2020 03:40 AM #7