VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

P0340 aba swapped mk1 with tt 276

964 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Butcher 
#1 ·
Jrfunk55
Hey all I’️m in need of some help, I recently swapped a aba obd2 engine in my mk1 cabriolet. It has since had a camshaft position sensor code. I have timed this thing like 300 times and hve replaced the distributor. Every time the code returns. I am starting to think that the tt 276 camshaft may be causing the code. I don’️t have the ecu chipped and was wondering if that may be my issue.
Any help would be appreciated Thank you

#3 ·
Have you done any testing? If so, share your results.

Sadly, just because you have a code that says your cam sensor is not working properly, does not mean it's the cam sensor. Computers are pretty good, but they do not ever tell you to just replace parts. The computer is telling you why the light is on and that should narrow the tests that you need to do.

When I first started in the automotive industry, there were no codes. What you had to do was to test everything. The more experience you had, the faster you were to narrow the customers complaint.

Computers are so good today, people get lost when they have to actually test parts.

Not much help, but share your test results and there may be more help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.