Fourtitude.com - My 2005 Solar Yellow Celica GTS w/ Action Package
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Results 51 to 75 of 111
    1. Geriatric Member Sporin's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 17th, 1999
      Location
      Vermont, USA
      Posts
      35,025
      Cars
      '94 Miata - '20 Civic Si - '16 RAV4
      07-31-2020 08:45 AM #51
      Great, car, what a find! Kind of rare these days, I can't remember the last time I saw one in person.

      Take care of it then flip it on BaT in a couple years for twice what you paid for it.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Nov 16th, 2000
      Posts
      7,188
      07-31-2020 09:11 AM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by chopWet View Post
      This is all kinds of 90s influenced crazy.

      Congrats OP, car looks pretty minty! I think this gen of sporty Toyota is increasing in appreciation if the local prices of RunX RSIs are anything to go by (shares the same drivetrain and underpinnings I assume).
      There's not that much difference in late 90's and early 00's pretty much anything.

      Too bad for all the Gen Z'rs who won't get to bro-ify and lift death trap era Exploders thanks to Cash for Clunkers.

    4. Member bificus99's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2008
      Location
      SC
      Posts
      1,483
      Cars
      1975 280Z/2012 Maxima SV/2012 Chevy Cruze eco
      07-31-2020 10:18 AM #53
      Cool video. Now I want a Integra type r.
      Empty wallet.gif

    5. Member fireside's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2008
      Posts
      2,394
      Cars
      '20 F-150 SCREW 2.7EB 4x4
      07-31-2020 10:31 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by elite.mafia View Post
      I have thanked him numerous times. That was rude and uncalled for.
      So who was it, anyway? They deserve the brownie points.

    6. Member elite.mafia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2010
      Location
      I95 Northbound
      Posts
      4,019
      Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      07-31-2020 12:03 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by fireside View Post
      So who was it, anyway? They deserve the brownie points.
      Nealric
      2zz-ge 6mt trying to rev to mars

    7. Member Nealric's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 16th, 2013
      Posts
      8,447
      Cars
      '16 WRX STI, Turbo S3 Alfa Spider, 2020 Ascent
      07-31-2020 12:16 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by fireside View Post
      So who was it, anyway? They deserve the brownie points.
      I really didnít do much. My old boss (now retired) offered it to me a few months ago. He inherited it and didnít know what to do with it. Didnít buy myself because I donít really have storage space for another car and Iím not really into FWD cars as fun cars. All I did is connect them.

    8. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2004
      Location
      So IN
      Posts
      43,877
      Cars
      '66 Beetle, '92 Ranger, '08 Fit
      07-31-2020 12:27 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by Nealric View Post
      I really didnít do much. My old boss (now retired) offered it to me a few months ago. He inherited it and didnít know what to do with it. Didnít buy myself because I donít really have storage space for another car and Iím not really into FWD cars as fun cars. All I did is connect them.
      You're being modest. I expect you'll get your TCL approved bagel in the mail any day now.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

    9. Member elite.mafia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2010
      Location
      I95 Northbound
      Posts
      4,019
      Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      07-31-2020 01:13 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by Nealric View Post
      I really didnít do much. My old boss (now retired) offered it to me a few months ago. He inherited it and didnít know what to do with it. Didnít buy myself because I donít really have storage space for another car and Iím not really into FWD cars as fun cars. All I did is connect them.
      If it weren't for you I'd never have found this car in a million years. Especially since the guy wasn't even actively listing it for sale!
      I need your address so I can mail you some bagels for xmas.
      2zz-ge 6mt trying to rev to mars

    10. Member CostcoPizza's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 20th, 2008
      Location
      USA
      Posts
      7,127
      Cars
      '12 MINI Clubman S '99 BMW 328ic
      07-31-2020 01:40 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by Raguvian View Post
      Please tell me this isn't going to be subjected to Boston winters.
      Quote Originally Posted by StressStrain View Post
      ^this
      And if it is, hopefully some kind of under body coating at the very at least.

    11. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      East-10EC
      Posts
      82,175
      Cars
      2018 F150
      07-31-2020 03:15 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by got-rice View Post
      Nice. Was also following your progress over at TN. The one post you had was locked.
      ?

      .
      And OP, had anybody in a parking lot want to buy it yet?
      It looks great.
      Vehicles owned (*=automatic):
      Chevy: 82 Cavalier Type 10, 94 Cavalier Coupe* | Chrysler: 96 Town & Country* | Ford: 73 F100, 88 F150, 18 F150* | Jeep: 78 CJ-5 | Mazdas: 83 GLC, 85 RX7 GS, 86 323, 90 323, 90 B2600i, 92 Miata, 97 Protege, 01 B2300, 01 B3000, 04 RX8 | Nissan: 90 240SX SE | Plymouth: 88 Caravan* | Pontiac: 84 Grand Prix* | Toyota: 84 Celica GTS, 02 Tundra*

    12. Member elite.mafia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2010
      Location
      I95 Northbound
      Posts
      4,019
      Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      07-31-2020 03:23 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      ?

      .
      And OP, had anybody in a parking lot want to buy it yet?
      It looks great.
      buy it? no. Countless compliments, had a few people think it's a brand new car
      Lot of kids caught staring at it.

      TN = toyota nation, I posted a Want ad for a corolla XRS/Matrix XRS/ Celica GTS on their forums. I was getting non-stop spam messages over there so I asked the mods to close the thread.
      2zz-ge 6mt trying to rev to mars

    13. Member elite.mafia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2010
      Location
      I95 Northbound
      Posts
      4,019
      Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      07-31-2020 03:25 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by CostcoPizza View Post
      And if it is, hopefully some kind of under body coating at the very at least.
      Trying to find a place that will do some sort of oil based undercoating. I've seen countless horror stories about zeibart and other places that use those spray-on rubber/tar based undercoatings so definitely going to avoid that. Also considering just buying something like krown undercoating and spraying it on myself. The oil type stuff doesn't seem to have any issues with trapping rust under it.
      2zz-ge 6mt trying to rev to mars

    14. Member elite.mafia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2010
      Location
      I95 Northbound
      Posts
      4,019
      Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      08-05-2020 10:56 PM #63
      I keep going back and forth on wanting an intake/exhuast for this car. It's wayyyy too quiet... I don't want some crazy loud exhaust but I'd like it a bit louder. I think I'm gonna go ahead and get this KN 57i intake and go from there. I'm not sure if this is the best option but it seems like it's the only short ram that has a sort of bracket for airflow and potentially blocking out the hot air from the rest of the engine bay. The rest are just stuck into the engine bay without a care in the world, or you shove it into the fender but you have to chop up the fender which isn;'t something I want to do. easily reversible bolt on mods is the only thing I will consider for this car.

      Oh the other thing with an aftermarket exhaust is this car has a bumper mounted exhaust tip, though it's supposedly removable with a couple screws... will have to look at it closely.

      the only issue with the kn is it doesn't specify if it fits the GTS, and the instructions are for a GT... so IDK.

      https://www.carid.com/2005-toyota-ce...377235638.html
      Last edited by elite.mafia; 08-05-2020 at 11:45 PM.
      2zz-ge 6mt trying to rev to mars

    15. Member
      Join Date
      Apr 24th, 2013
      Location
      DFW
      Posts
      602
      Cars
      2018 Volvo XC60
      08-05-2020 11:27 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by elite.mafia View Post
      Trying to find a place that will do some sort of oil based undercoating. I've seen countless horror stories about zeibart and other places that use those spray-on rubber/tar based undercoatings so definitely going to avoid that. Also considering just buying something like krown undercoating and spraying it on myself. The oil type stuff doesn't seem to have any issues with trapping rust under it.
      The closest spot to Boston for a Krown rustproofing treatment is up in New Hampshire: https://www.krown.com/en/locations/u.../grantham/165/

      Itís a bit of a drive, but Iíve heard good things about the stuffóit might be worth it to take a day trip up there. The treatment itself shouldnít take very long (45 minutes to an hour) and isnít very expensive (recommended retail price is $129 for 2 and 4-door cars).
      Last edited by DubyaV; 08-05-2020 at 11:29 PM.

    16. Member elite.mafia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2010
      Location
      I95 Northbound
      Posts
      4,019
      Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      08-05-2020 11:45 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by DubyaV View Post
      The closest spot to Boston for a Krown rustproofing treatment is up in New Hampshire: https://www.krown.com/en/locations/u.../grantham/165/

      Itís a bit of a drive, but Iíve heard good things about the stuffóit might be worth it to take a day trip up there. The treatment itself shouldnít take very long (45 minutes to an hour) and isnít very expensive (recommended retail price is $129 for 2 and 4-door cars).
      Thanks for the info, that's not too bad, I figure there must be some third party that does that or a similar treatment closer to me though. I think it may be worth waiting until fall to get it treated though, like just before they start salting the roads.
      2zz-ge 6mt trying to rev to mars

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 13th, 2006
      Location
      Earth.....Sometimes
      Posts
      1,193
      08-06-2020 08:43 AM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by elite.mafia View Post
      I keep going back and forth on wanting an intake/exhuast for this car. It's wayyyy too quiet... I don't want some crazy loud exhaust but I'd like it a bit louder. I think I'm gonna go ahead and get this KN 57i intake and go from there. I'm not sure if this is the best option but it seems like it's the only short ram that has a sort of bracket for airflow and potentially blocking out the hot air from the rest of the engine bay. The rest are just stuck into the engine bay without a care in the world, or you shove it into the fender but you have to chop up the fender which isn;'t something I want to do. easily reversible bolt on mods is the only thing I will consider for this car.

      Oh the other thing with an aftermarket exhaust is this car has a bumper mounted exhaust tip, though it's supposedly removable with a couple screws... will have to look at it closely.

      the only issue with the kn is it doesn't specify if it fits the GTS, and the instructions are for a GT... so IDK.

      https://www.carid.com/2005-toyota-ce...377235638.html
      From what I can tell you would need the K&N kit #69-8522TS.

    18. Member Lifelong Obsession's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 23rd, 2011
      Location
      PA and southern New England
      Posts
      3,785
      Cars
      '08 Acura TL
      08-06-2020 11:33 AM #67
      I was just starting high school in 2005 (can't believe it's been 15 years ) - I will confess that I preferred the more upscale-looking Scion tC at the time. But I did get sad when I realized they had stopped making the Celica.

    19. Member elite.mafia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2010
      Location
      I95 Northbound
      Posts
      4,019
      Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      08-10-2020 05:42 PM #68
      First and probably the only mod this car will get for a while - 2nd hand k&n typhoon short ram air intake... Typhoon intake for a Tsunami Celica.... right. No video can do justice to how this thing sounds compared to the factory air box, especially the crossover for VVTL-i, it's so ****ing loud up top now! so happy with it. Need to do a bit of a better job managing some of the hoses but super happy with it so far!




      One thing I'm not too happy about:
      I cleaned the entire trunk and spare tire well and found out that there was mold growing on the bottom of the spare. I'm likely going to have to throw out every piece of fabric in the trunk as I have washed them several times and they still have that musty smell... I'll keep trying to clean them for now though, any suggestions??? None of the rest of the car has this smell, only the trunk mats.... thankfully...
      2zz-ge 6mt trying to rev to mars

    20. Member Pnuu's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 27th, 2005
      Location
      WA
      Posts
      6,120
      Cars
      GX, Taco, Tiguan, bikes
      08-10-2020 05:50 PM #69
      Quote Originally Posted by elite.mafia View Post
      First and probably the only mod this car will get for a while - 2nd hand k&n typhoon short ram air intake... Typhoon intake for a Tsunami Celica.... right. No video can do justice to how this thing sounds compared to the factory air box, especially the crossover for VVTL-i, it's so ****ing loud up top now! so happy with it. Need to do a bit of a better job managing some of the hoses but super happy with it so far!




      One thing I'm not too happy about:
      I cleaned the entire trunk and spare tire well and found out that there was mold growing on the bottom of the spare. I'm likely going to have to throw out every piece of fabric in the trunk as I have washed them several times and they still have that musty smell... I'll keep trying to clean them for now though, any suggestions??? None of the rest of the car has this smell, only the trunk mats.... thankfully...
      You can absolutely salvage the fabric.

      Go buy a mold/mildew killing spray cleaner that doesn't contain any bleach (Any hardware store will have something like this). Spray the affected fabric and soak it, then let it dry completely. Keeping it out in the sun will also help. Then wash the heck out of it with lots of Dawn dish soap and hot water. Then sun dry it again.

    21. Member elite.mafia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2010
      Location
      I95 Northbound
      Posts
      4,019
      Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      08-10-2020 06:08 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by Pnuu View Post
      You can absolutely salvage the fabric.

      Go buy a mold/mildew killing spray cleaner that doesn't contain any bleach (Any hardware store will have something like this). Spray the affected fabric and soak it, then let it dry completely. Keeping it out in the sun will also help. Then wash the heck out of it with lots of Dawn dish soap and hot water. Then sun dry it again.
      So far I've used turtlewax interior cleaner spray and hosed it down 3 times, its currently drying out in the sun, both the lower carpet and the trunk mat that goes on top of it. The cardboard piece im declaring a total loss though. $70 for a new one from the dealer or I could make my own out of plywood probably, just needs to be shaped and have to transfer the brackets and get some new foam pieces.

      This is a sad site, can see the mold growing in the foam, I am not sure if they are normaly speckled but the black stuff is definitely mold. I'm pretty sure this is a common celica issue as almost none of the ones I've seen even had the 2 carpets and cardboard cover.

      2zz-ge 6mt trying to rev to mars

    22. Member Pnuu's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 27th, 2005
      Location
      WA
      Posts
      6,120
      Cars
      GX, Taco, Tiguan, bikes
      08-10-2020 06:22 PM #71
      Quote Originally Posted by elite.mafia View Post
      So far I've used turtlewax interior cleaner spray and hosed it down 3 times, its currently drying out in the sun, both the lower carpet and the trunk mat that goes on top of it. The cardboard piece im declaring a total loss though. $70 for a new one from the dealer or I could make my own out of plywood probably, just needs to be shaped and have to transfer the brackets and get some new foam pieces.

      This is a sad site, can see the mold growing in the foam, I am not sure if they are normaly speckled but the black stuff is definitely mold. I'm pretty sure this is a common celica issue as almost none of the ones I've seen even had the 2 carpets and cardboard cover.

      The black chunks are normal as the foam is made from ground up recycled foam, just like in residential carpet padding.

      That board looks fine to me. Maybe glue on some new foam, but honestly just clean everything thoroughly as I previously posted. No big deal.

    23. Member elite.mafia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2010
      Location
      I95 Northbound
      Posts
      4,019
      Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      08-10-2020 06:24 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by Pnuu View Post
      The black chunks are normal as the foam is made from ground up recycled foam, just like in residential carpet padding.

      That board looks fine to me. Maybe glue on some new foam, but honestly just clean everything thoroughly as I previously posted. No big deal.
      Yeah I took the foam off but the cardboard just stinks of mildew. Will continue trying to clean. I don't see anything else obvious besides there was some white fuzz on the spare tire.
      2zz-ge 6mt trying to rev to mars

    24. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2004
      Location
      So IN
      Posts
      43,877
      Cars
      '66 Beetle, '92 Ranger, '08 Fit
      08-10-2020 09:42 PM #73
      White vinegar may save the day. The acid in it should kill the mold, then dry up completely.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

    25. Member elite.mafia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2010
      Location
      I95 Northbound
      Posts
      4,019
      Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      08-11-2020 03:45 PM #74
      I think I have to remove the sound deadening material that is under the spair. It's about the size of the spare and its glued on. IDK exactly how to remove it, I got some off by just peeling it but it's just crumbling up. I'm fairly sure this is the rest of the smell. It's weird nothing else in the car smells and I never even noticed it until I removed the spare tire... It's the only thing left that isn't metal that was under the mats.

      I'll give the suggestions mentioned a shot when I can. For now everything is outside in the sun. and i've been trying to keep the hatch open so it'll air out. I'm pretty sure the primary culprit is the spare tire.
      Last edited by elite.mafia; 08-11-2020 at 03:48 PM.
      2zz-ge 6mt trying to rev to mars

    26. Member Samson's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 2nd, 1999
      Posts
      12,443
      Cars
      Lifted G-wagon, lifted AWD Prius
      08-11-2020 03:52 PM #75
      Quote Originally Posted by elite.mafia View Post
      First and probably the only mod this car will get for a while - 2nd hand k&n typhoon short ram air intake... Typhoon intake for a Tsunami Celica.... right. No video can do justice to how this thing sounds compared to the factory air box, especially the crossover for VVTL-i, it's so ****ing loud up top now! so happy with it. Need to do a bit of a better job managing some of the hoses but super happy with it so far!

      Man, I miss how a lot of cars used to have clean engine bays like that. More often than not, now it's a mess of black plastic and a tangle of exposed wiring and hoses. Yeah yeah, nobody cares, so why bother, etc.

      Anyway, looks like a fun car.

    Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •