Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
      Cars
      '94 Miata - '20 Civic Si - '16 RAV4
      07-31-2020 08:45 AM #51
      Great, car, what a find! Kind of rare these days, I can't remember the last time I saw one in person.

Take care of it then flip it on BaT in a couple years for twice what you paid for it.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      07-31-2020 09:11 AM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by chopWet View Post
      This is all kinds of 90s influenced crazy.

Congrats OP, car looks pretty minty! I think this gen of sporty Toyota is increasing in appreciation if the local prices of RunX RSIs are anything to go by (shares the same drivetrain and underpinnings I assume).
      There's not that much difference in late 90's and early 00's pretty much anything.

Too bad for all the Gen Z'rs who won't get to bro-ify and lift death trap era Exploders thanks to Cash for Clunkers.

Cars
      1975 280Z/2012 Maxima SV/2012 Chevy Cruze eco
      07-31-2020 10:18 AM #53
      Cool video. Now I want a Integra type r.
      Empty wallet.gif

Cars
      '20 F-150 SCREW 2.7EB 4x4
      07-31-2020 10:31 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by elite.mafia View Post
      I have thanked him numerous times. That was rude and uncalled for.
      So who was it, anyway? They deserve the brownie points.

Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      07-31-2020 12:03 PM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by fireside View Post
      Nealric
      2zz-ge 6mt trying to rev to mars

Cars
      '16 WRX STI, Turbo S3 Alfa Spider, 2020 Ascent
      07-31-2020 12:16 PM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by fireside View Post
      I really didnít do much. My old boss (now retired) offered it to me a few months ago. He inherited it and didnít know what to do with it. Didnít buy myself because I donít really have storage space for another car and Iím not really into FWD cars as fun cars. All I did is connect them.

8. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Cars
      '66 Beetle, '92 Ranger, '08 Fit
      07-31-2020 12:27 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by Nealric View Post
      I really didnít do much. My old boss (now retired) offered it to me a few months ago. He inherited it and didnít know what to do with it. Didnít buy myself because I donít really have storage space for another car and Iím not really into FWD cars as fun cars. All I did is connect them.
      You're being modest. I expect you'll get your TCL approved bagel in the mail any day now.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      07-31-2020 01:13 PM #58
      Quote Originally Posted by Nealric View Post
      If it weren't for you I'd never have found this car in a million years. Especially since the guy wasn't even actively listing it for sale!
      I need your address so I can mail you some bagels for xmas.

Cars
      '12 MINI Clubman S '99 BMW 328ic
      07-31-2020 01:40 PM #59
      Quote Originally Posted by Raguvian View Post
      Please tell me this isn't going to be subjected to Boston winters.
      Quote Originally Posted by StressStrain View Post
      ^this
      And if it is, hopefully some kind of under body coating at the very at least.

11. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Cars
      2018 F150
      07-31-2020 03:15 PM #60
      Quote Originally Posted by got-rice View Post
      Nice. Was also following your progress over at TN. The one post you had was locked.
      ?

And OP, had anybody in a parking lot want to buy it yet?
      It looks great.
      Vehicles owned (*=automatic):
      Chevy: 82 Cavalier Type 10, 94 Cavalier Coupe* | Chrysler: 96 Town & Country* | Ford: 73 F100, 88 F150, 18 F150* | Jeep: 78 CJ-5 | Mazdas: 83 GLC, 85 RX7 GS, 86 323, 90 323, 90 B2600i, 92 Miata, 97 Protege, 01 B2300, 01 B3000, 04 RX8 | Nissan: 90 240SX SE | Plymouth: 88 Caravan* | Pontiac: 84 Grand Prix* | Toyota: 84 Celica GTS, 02 Tundra*

Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      07-31-2020 03:23 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      ?

And OP, had anybody in a parking lot want to buy it yet?
      It looks great.
      buy it? no. Countless compliments, had a few people think it's a brand new car
      Lot of kids caught staring at it.

TN = toyota nation, I posted a Want ad for a corolla XRS/Matrix XRS/ Celica GTS on their forums. I was getting non-stop spam messages over there so I asked the mods to close the thread.

Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      07-31-2020 03:25 PM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by CostcoPizza View Post
      And if it is, hopefully some kind of under body coating at the very at least.
      Trying to find a place that will do some sort of oil based undercoating. I've seen countless horror stories about zeibart and other places that use those spray-on rubber/tar based undercoatings so definitely going to avoid that. Also considering just buying something like krown undercoating and spraying it on myself. The oil type stuff doesn't seem to have any issues with trapping rust under it.

Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      08-05-2020 10:56 PM #63
      I keep going back and forth on wanting an intake/exhuast for this car. It's wayyyy too quiet... I don't want some crazy loud exhaust but I'd like it a bit louder. I think I'm gonna go ahead and get this KN 57i intake and go from there. I'm not sure if this is the best option but it seems like it's the only short ram that has a sort of bracket for airflow and potentially blocking out the hot air from the rest of the engine bay. The rest are just stuck into the engine bay without a care in the world, or you shove it into the fender but you have to chop up the fender which isn;'t something I want to do. easily reversible bolt on mods is the only thing I will consider for this car.

Oh the other thing with an aftermarket exhaust is this car has a bumper mounted exhaust tip, though it's supposedly removable with a couple screws... will have to look at it closely.

the only issue with the kn is it doesn't specify if it fits the GTS, and the instructions are for a GT... so IDK.

https://www.carid.com/2005-toyota-ce...377235638.html
      Last edited by elite.mafia; 08-05-2020 at 11:45 PM.

15. Member
      Cars
      2018 Volvo XC60
      08-05-2020 11:27 PM #64
      Trying to find a place that will do some sort of oil based undercoating. I've seen countless horror stories about zeibart and other places that use those spray-on rubber/tar based undercoatings so definitely going to avoid that. Also considering just buying something like krown undercoating and spraying it on myself. The oil type stuff doesn't seem to have any issues with trapping rust under it.
      The closest spot to Boston for a Krown rustproofing treatment is up in New Hampshire: https://www.krown.com/en/locations/u.../grantham/165/

Itís a bit of a drive, but Iíve heard good things about the stuffóit might be worth it to take a day trip up there. The treatment itself shouldnít take very long (45 minutes to an hour) and isnít very expensive (recommended retail price is $129 for 2 and 4-door cars).
      Last edited by DubyaV; 08-05-2020 at 11:29 PM.

Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      08-05-2020 11:45 PM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by DubyaV View Post
      The closest spot to Boston for a Krown rustproofing treatment is up in New Hampshire: https://www.krown.com/en/locations/u.../grantham/165/

Itís a bit of a drive, but Iíve heard good things about the stuffóit might be worth it to take a day trip up there. The treatment itself shouldnít take very long (45 minutes to an hour) and isnít very expensive (recommended retail price is $129 for 2 and 4-door cars).
      Thanks for the info, that's not too bad, I figure there must be some third party that does that or a similar treatment closer to me though. I think it may be worth waiting until fall to get it treated though, like just before they start salting the roads.

17. Member
      08-06-2020 08:43 AM #66
      I keep going back and forth on wanting an intake/exhuast for this car. It's wayyyy too quiet... I don't want some crazy loud exhaust but I'd like it a bit louder. I think I'm gonna go ahead and get this KN 57i intake and go from there. I'm not sure if this is the best option but it seems like it's the only short ram that has a sort of bracket for airflow and potentially blocking out the hot air from the rest of the engine bay. The rest are just stuck into the engine bay without a care in the world, or you shove it into the fender but you have to chop up the fender which isn;'t something I want to do. easily reversible bolt on mods is the only thing I will consider for this car.

Oh the other thing with an aftermarket exhaust is this car has a bumper mounted exhaust tip, though it's supposedly removable with a couple screws... will have to look at it closely.

the only issue with the kn is it doesn't specify if it fits the GTS, and the instructions are for a GT... so IDK.

https://www.carid.com/2005-toyota-ce...377235638.html
      From what I can tell you would need the K&N kit #69-8522TS.

Cars
      '08 Acura TL
      08-06-2020 11:33 AM #67
      I was just starting high school in 2005 (can't believe it's been 15 years ) - I will confess that I preferred the more upscale-looking Scion tC at the time. But I did get sad when I realized they had stopped making the Celica.

Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      08-10-2020 05:42 PM #68
      First and probably the only mod this car will get for a while - 2nd hand k&n typhoon short ram air intake... Typhoon intake for a Tsunami Celica.... right. No video can do justice to how this thing sounds compared to the factory air box, especially the crossover for VVTL-i, it's so ****ing loud up top now! so happy with it. Need to do a bit of a better job managing some of the hoses but super happy with it so far!

One thing I'm not too happy about:
      I cleaned the entire trunk and spare tire well and found out that there was mold growing on the bottom of the spare. I'm likely going to have to throw out every piece of fabric in the trunk as I have washed them several times and they still have that musty smell... I'll keep trying to clean them for now though, any suggestions??? None of the rest of the car has this smell, only the trunk mats.... thankfully...

Cars
      GX, Taco, Tiguan, bikes
      08-10-2020 05:50 PM #69
      First and probably the only mod this car will get for a while - 2nd hand k&n typhoon short ram air intake... Typhoon intake for a Tsunami Celica.... right. No video can do justice to how this thing sounds compared to the factory air box, especially the crossover for VVTL-i, it's so ****ing loud up top now! so happy with it. Need to do a bit of a better job managing some of the hoses but super happy with it so far!

One thing I'm not too happy about:
      I cleaned the entire trunk and spare tire well and found out that there was mold growing on the bottom of the spare. I'm likely going to have to throw out every piece of fabric in the trunk as I have washed them several times and they still have that musty smell... I'll keep trying to clean them for now though, any suggestions??? None of the rest of the car has this smell, only the trunk mats.... thankfully...
      You can absolutely salvage the fabric.

Go buy a mold/mildew killing spray cleaner that doesn't contain any bleach (Any hardware store will have something like this). Spray the affected fabric and soak it, then let it dry completely. Keeping it out in the sun will also help. Then wash the heck out of it with lots of Dawn dish soap and hot water. Then sun dry it again.

Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      08-10-2020 06:08 PM #70
      Quote Originally Posted by Pnuu View Post
      You can absolutely salvage the fabric.

Go buy a mold/mildew killing spray cleaner that doesn't contain any bleach (Any hardware store will have something like this). Spray the affected fabric and soak it, then let it dry completely. Keeping it out in the sun will also help. Then wash the heck out of it with lots of Dawn dish soap and hot water. Then sun dry it again.
      So far I've used turtlewax interior cleaner spray and hosed it down 3 times, its currently drying out in the sun, both the lower carpet and the trunk mat that goes on top of it. The cardboard piece im declaring a total loss though. $70 for a new one from the dealer or I could make my own out of plywood probably, just needs to be shaped and have to transfer the brackets and get some new foam pieces.

This is a sad site, can see the mold growing in the foam, I am not sure if they are normaly speckled but the black stuff is definitely mold. I'm pretty sure this is a common celica issue as almost none of the ones I've seen even had the 2 carpets and cardboard cover.

Cars
      GX, Taco, Tiguan, bikes
      08-10-2020 06:22 PM #71
      So far I've used turtlewax interior cleaner spray and hosed it down 3 times, its currently drying out in the sun, both the lower carpet and the trunk mat that goes on top of it. The cardboard piece im declaring a total loss though. $70 for a new one from the dealer or I could make my own out of plywood probably, just needs to be shaped and have to transfer the brackets and get some new foam pieces.

This is a sad site, can see the mold growing in the foam, I am not sure if they are normaly speckled but the black stuff is definitely mold. I'm pretty sure this is a common celica issue as almost none of the ones I've seen even had the 2 carpets and cardboard cover.

The black chunks are normal as the foam is made from ground up recycled foam, just like in residential carpet padding.

That board looks fine to me. Maybe glue on some new foam, but honestly just clean everything thoroughly as I previously posted. No big deal.

Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      08-10-2020 06:24 PM #72
      Quote Originally Posted by Pnuu View Post
      The black chunks are normal as the foam is made from ground up recycled foam, just like in residential carpet padding.

That board looks fine to me. Maybe glue on some new foam, but honestly just clean everything thoroughly as I previously posted. No big deal.
      Yeah I took the foam off but the cardboard just stinks of mildew. Will continue trying to clean. I don't see anything else obvious besides there was some white fuzz on the spare tire.

24. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Cars
      '66 Beetle, '92 Ranger, '08 Fit
      08-10-2020 09:42 PM #73
      White vinegar may save the day. The acid in it should kill the mold, then dry up completely.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

Cars
      2005 Toyota Celica GT-S
      08-11-2020 03:45 PM #74
      I think I have to remove the sound deadening material that is under the spair. It's about the size of the spare and its glued on. IDK exactly how to remove it, I got some off by just peeling it but it's just crumbling up. I'm fairly sure this is the rest of the smell. It's weird nothing else in the car smells and I never even noticed it until I removed the spare tire... It's the only thing left that isn't metal that was under the mats.

I'll give the suggestions mentioned a shot when I can. For now everything is outside in the sun. and i've been trying to keep the hatch open so it'll air out. I'm pretty sure the primary culprit is the spare tire.
      Last edited by elite.mafia; 08-11-2020 at 03:48 PM.

Cars
      Lifted G-wagon, lifted AWD Prius
      08-11-2020 03:52 PM #75

Man, I miss how a lot of cars used to have clean engine bays like that. More often than not, now it's a mess of black plastic and a tangle of exposed wiring and hoses. Yeah yeah, nobody cares, so why bother, etc.

Anyway, looks like a fun car.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast