Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
      Cars
      GMC, SAABs,VW's, MG ect..
      09-08-2020 02:05 PM #26
      RS looks fantastic Toaster! It is crazy how the high end market has exploded in prices at the moment

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2019 Model 3 Performance, 2019 Hyundai Ioniq EV, 2004 S2000
      09-08-2020 02:10 PM #27
      Wow what a garage
      Slow Car Fast

Cars
      '12 MINI Clubman S '99 BMW 328ic
      09-08-2020 02:38 PM #28
      Wait a sec...991.2's GTS have already appreciated?

I could see the .1's as that's the last NA GTS, but I'm a little confused here.

Cars
      2020 Cayman GT4 - Miami Blue - PCCB
      09-08-2020 02:41 PM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Toaster29 View Post
      I've kind of gotten the 718 GT4 bug. The dealer has a now unspoken-for spyder being delivered next month. It's gentian blue. They want me to drive it. I will
      I mean... I'm not biased or anything, but the the new GT4 (and the Spyder) is a nice car.
      Personally, Gentian is too dark for me and I would want Red/Yellow/Miami (which is going away end of this year).
      ASP.NET / C# Software Engineer

2020 718 Cayman GT4 - Miami Blue - PCCB
      2017 718 Cayman - GT Silver - PDK/Sport Chrono/PSE - gone
      2016 Golf R 6MT - Deep Black Pearl - gone

Cars
      '19 MDX, '17 S3, '08 987.1 S, '86 535is 5MT
      09-08-2020 02:42 PM #30
      Looks great!!
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      I used to pack his chute all the time

Cars
      '17 CarTruck, '17 Alltrack
      09-08-2020 02:46 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by CostcoPizza View Post

a nice blue '16 GTS manual 22k mi going for same price as '18 GTS manual with 6k miles

Cars
      Lots of things with a few 911s included
      09-08-2020 03:19 PM #32
      Quote Originally Posted by CostcoPizza View Post

All 991s have gone up 10-15% over the past couple of months. The 911 GTS market is red hot, regardless of NA or forced induction. There are merits for both...but the 3.0TT is quite considerably faster. On equal tires, it is nearly as fast as a .2 GT3 in most cases, and faster than a .1 GT3.

Quote Originally Posted by iliveoncaffiene View Post
      I mean... I'm not biased or anything, but the the new GT4 (and the Spyder) is a nice car.
      Personally, Gentian is too dark for me and I would want Red/Yellow/Miami (which is going away end of this year).
      I would keep the RS so the color is redundant and I'm a sucker for a really well done blue. Honestly, I'm sort of intrigued by the Sypder, though I'm not a convertible guy in the slightest. They had a Miami GT4 on the floor. While this is always a hot color viewing on a computer, I always find it a little off putting with the amount of turquoise going on in real life. It is fun to think about, but there's nothing about either the Spyder or the GT4 that my current cars don't do a better job other than top-down driving, which I'm not very interested in. It's fun to play with ideas though.

Quote Originally Posted by SchnellFowVay View Post
      Looks great!!
      Quote Originally Posted by rich! View Post
      a nice blue '16 GTS manual 22k mi going for same price as '18 GTS manual with 6k miles
      They are similarly priced. .1s feel a bit old compared to the .2s, but whatever floats peoples boats.
      2019 Guards/Aurum GT3 RS Weissach
      2018 RS3: APR stage 2 10.72 @ 130.5
      2020 Performance Blue Raptor crew cab
      2017 Night blue metallic 991 GTS
      Past: Evo 8, R35 GT-R, F80 M3s, C6 Z06, 991TT-S/GT3, etc

Cars
      '06 Evo Mr, '18 Accord Sport
      09-08-2020 03:36 PM #33
      RS is dope..... super dope.
      2.0T+034efi+meth = 300+whp = RIP

Quote Originally Posted by Ryukein View Post
      Everyone always praises function over form until the form is something that they don't like

10. Member
      Cars
      2016 Camaro
      09-08-2020 05:44 PM #34
      Red RS. Damn... not that the blue isn't nice. but damn.

Cars
      2004 R32
      09-16-2020 09:38 AM #35

Untitled by glmmd81, on Flickr

Page 2 needs more images!

I admit I'm not normally a big black wheel fan (even though currently 4 out of 6 cars we own have black wheels) But the HRE's look fantastic. Any weight savings over the factory wheels or is it a wash?

How are you enjoying the GTS? Your review has piqued my interest in them. Have you tuned it yet?

RS3 VS GTS which is a better daily to you? Clearly it's not apples to apples, but both are dual clutch cars with amenities.
      Last edited by audicoupej; 09-16-2020 at 10:07 AM.
      JEMM Auto Detailing: Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Planes, RVs, Bathtubs, if you pay me I will buff it

John

Cars
      '16 F82 Krautrocket
      09-16-2020 10:05 AM #36
      Well, hopefully by the time I can afford a GT P-car you haven't moved on to Ferrari's or some other equally as more expensive marque so I can just buy whichever car you've recently become bored with. Your mods, as always, are right on the money. Carry on.
      Quote Originally Posted by DzlDub View Post
      Cars are ****ing awesome, anyone who doesn't want a car is a communist.
      Disclaimer: Generally, I strongly dislike people.
      Current: 2016 BMW M4
      Prior Vehicles: '18 Infiniti Q50RS l '13 E92 335i M-Sport l '04 E46 330ci SMG l '04 MKIV GLI 1.8t 6spd

Cars
      09-16-2020 10:57 AM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by audicoupej View Post
      Page 2 needs more images!

I admit I'm not normally a big black wheel fan (even though currently 4 out of 6 cars we own have black wheels) But the HRE's look fantastic. Any weight savings over the factory wheels or is it a wash?

How are you enjoying the GTS? Your review has piqued my interest in them. Have you tuned it yet?

RS3 VS GTS which is a better daily to you? Clearly it's not apples to apples, but both are dual clutch cars with amenities.
      I'm loving the new, black wheels as well. I was a bit hesitant as first, as the wheels are such a beautiful design in person, and black hides a lot of that detail at a glance....but I'm really happy that I made the change. The car looks so mean and aggressive now. We had a recent Porsche rally put on by the local dealership and this car was the star of the show. Looks were killer, sound was killer....everybody including me had an absolute blast. I hope we all do it again in the spring. Yes, there is a weight savings of about 7-8 pounds per corner. Huge improvement. I honestly don't know that I can tell much of a difference from the seat of my pants though.

The GTS is wonderful. Like I said before, it has a lot of the dual personality going on like the RS3. Turn a few knobs and the car goes from quiet and calm to a much harder edged, meaner character. The sport cats continue to entertain me tremendously. The car sounds so nice with them. The phrase "should have come this way from the factory" is really overused, but I simply think it is true in this case....at least for the GTS. The car has a lot of neat touches that makes it feel special compared to other Carreras. I still haven't tuned it. To be honest with the amount of attention from other friends who want to buy the car from me, I'm trying to decide if I may just leave it as is. I know that sounds crazy, especially coming from me, but the car really is a ton of fun with just that one hardware mod. I love the looks. I like the power. I like the noise and the feel. I have no issues at all about tuning it, I even have all the hard parts sitting here...it really is just that good with the change to the new cats. We will see.

As far as GTS to RS3 for better DD, that's a really tough question. Both are great. Obviously a 4 door with fold down rear seats is a lot more usable. The RS3 in stage 2 guise like this one can be picked up for around 50k. That's half of what I paid for my GTS, and even less now that the GTS have appreciated 10-15% in the past few months. Dollar for dollar, the RS3 obviously wins. It is just about as fun once modded *on the street*, and just about as special for a whole lot less money. That said, it is not and never will be a 911. It'll never have that feel, that sound, that look, or that feeling when you crank it up and the rear end wiggles when the motor fires to life. You will never drive it to the track, give it hell, and drive it back home. There are a lot of smaller nuances that are difficult to convey about 911s that make them very special cars.

Quote Originally Posted by GLI Dan View Post
      Well, hopefully by the time I can afford a GT P-car you haven't moved on to Ferrari's or some other equally as more expensive marque so I can just buy whichever car you've recently become bored with. Your mods, as always, are right on the money. Carry on.
      Thank you!

Honestly, I won't say that I will not own something like that one day, but those cars tend to be a little "much" than what I'm looking for. I think if I had a Mac store in my town I would have given a used 720S a chance by now, but a few of my partners own Ferraris and transporting them in an enclosed trailer back and forth from Atlanta just really doesn't interest me. The only caveat is the Ferrari store in north Atlanta is just a couple miles away from my Mom's house, so I could just always drive it and hang out with her for a couple of days. For now I'm still having plenty of fun with these cars and I get them serviced right down the road. I enjoy being friends with the local techs and dealership folks too. All good people.
      Last edited by Toaster29; 09-16-2020 at 11:01 AM.

Blog Entries
      Cars
      '18 Jeep SRT; '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      09-16-2020 11:03 AM #38
      You will never drive it to the track, give it hell, and drive it back home.
      Could you provide some detail on this? What makes the RS3 so much more fragile than a 911 regarding your comment above?

09-16-2020 12:06 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by 6cylVWguy View Post
      Could you provide some detail on this? What makes the RS3 so much more fragile than a 911 regarding your comment above?
      911s don't really overheat- while the non-GT cars have some oiling issues if tracked hard, they don't have issues with brakes, oil temp, drivetrain, etc. Cars like the RS3 will overheat the Haldex system, have oil temp issues, overheat the gearbox, etc. They're not made for track use. Porsche GT cars are even better, for track use.

Only other cars that I've seen that have no issues with track use are the Camaro 1LE cars- they're definitely built for track use and show it. Only issue with them is that the ZL1s can kill brake caliper seals.

Cars
      RS3, TTRS
      09-16-2020 12:34 PM #40
      if one pic could summarize what we've seen here ... it's this.

Brother, amazing, I don't even think I saw the red one. I like it a lot and your taste is impeccable as usual. Looking forward to the continuation and when you get that GT4 .

PS: That RS3 looks a bit lonely not being driven
      Previous: '95 Talon AWD 2.0T | '98 GTI 2.0 | '00 Jetta 2.0 | '02 GLI 2.8 | '07 GTI 2.0T | '09 GLI 2.0T | '00 A4 2.8 | '04 R32 3.2 | '12 R 2.0T | '01 S4 2.7TT | '14 ST 1.6T | '12 R 2.0T | '16 R 2.0T | '17 R 2.0T | '18 RS3 2.5T | '13 TTRS 2.5T |
      VW/Audi Installation YT Vids: Schwabo

17. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7, 2008 A6
      09-16-2020 12:51 PM #41
      This thread is amazing.

That GT3 is absolutely stunning.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

Blog Entries
      Cars
      09-16-2020 01:08 PM #42
      Quote Originally Posted by t44tq View Post
      911s don't really overheat- while the non-GT cars have some oiling issues if tracked hard, they don't have issues with brakes, oil temp, drivetrain, etc. Cars like the RS3 will overheat the Haldex system, have oil temp issues, overheat the gearbox, etc. They're not made for track use. Porsche GT cars are even better, for track use.

Only other cars that I've seen that have no issues with track use are the Camaro 1LE cars- they're definitely built for track use and show it. Only issue with them is that the ZL1s can kill brake caliper seals.
      I mean not for nothing, but my ancient corrado has done 20ish track days and it's always performed. I've only driven it to and from the track---and that's with a non-intercooled SC and until recently, the stock suboptimal oil cooler. I've seen about 290F on the oil temp, but the car always performed as I would have expected---as long as cool air was going into the front of the car, it always ran great regardless of oil temp. It's a bit disappointing that modern cars that are far more money with a much bigger performance envelope can't get through a track day in stock form without a problem. Having said that, I also didn't notice much of an issue with the f80 I drove on track during an M track day. Those cars kept going over an entire day of people pushing them quite a bit harder then they would on the street. Really impressive cars from that perspective.

I'm considering a 718 generation Cayman of some sort and although it won't be a track rat, it would be disappointing if it wouldn't be able to get through a track session in stock form.

Cars
      09-16-2020 01:51 PM #43

While I can't speak for earlier generations, the 991 takes everything you throw at it on track like it is nothing. The Porsche driving school 991 GTS we had ran all day long with zero issues. There are no issues with oiling or cooling with that model in any flavor. Brakes never changed character no matter what you threw at them. Instructor said we were at 9/10ths of the capability of the GTS. Even the Turbo S on track didn't miss a beat....and that car and the GT3RS were the only ones that made me yell "WOW" running them around. The turbo absolutely snatches you out of corners and down the straights.

Quote Originally Posted by SCHWAB0 View Post
      if one pic could summarize what we've seen here ... it's this.

Brother, amazing, I don't even think I saw the red one. I like it a lot and your taste is impeccable as usual. Looking forward to the continuation and when you get that GT4 .

PS: That RS3 looks a bit lonely not being driven
      Haha, thanks buddy. RS3 still is getting driven. Usually on the weekends.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      This thread is amazing.

That GT3 is absolutely stunning.
      I still find myself walking out into the garage just to stare at it. That was one thing that my touring was sorely lacking.

I mean not for nothing, but my ancient corrado has done 20ish track days and it's always performed. I've only driven it to and from the track---and that's with a non-intercooled SC and until recently, the stock suboptimal oil cooler. I've seen about 290F on the oil temp, but the car always performed as I would have expected---as long as cool air was going into the front of the car, it always ran great regardless of oil temp. It's a bit disappointing that modern cars that are far more money with a much bigger performance envelope can't get through a track day in stock form without a problem. Having said that, I also didn't notice much of an issue with the f80 I drove on track during an M track day. Those cars kept going over an entire day of people pushing them quite a bit harder then they would on the street. Really impressive cars from that perspective.

I'm considering a 718 generation Cayman of some sort and although it won't be a track rat, it would be disappointing if it wouldn't be able to get through a track session in stock form.
      Capabilities of modern cars are so much higher now than they previously were. You could easily get out there and drive something like an RS3 at similar performance threshold to your Corrado and not have any issues. Much less speed, much less heat, a lot less mass too. RS3s just aren't designed with track work in mind. My F80 that I raced at Spa and the Nurburgring did great as well. No issues with anything other than the brakes had a gritty feel through the pedal that resolved after 1000 miles of street driving.

A 718 will handle anything you can throw at it on track and the drive back home with ease. We also ran 718 GTS on the track all day at Barber. Great car. Much more similar of a drive to a 991 than the mid-engine folks care to admit if you ask me.

09-16-2020 01:54 PM #44

We're in agreement there- I think the problem with the RS3 is that it's a very power dense engine in a relatively tight engine compartment. I don't think the Golf platform was designed with the intent of putting a 5 cylinder engine sideways in there. Push that to 500hp and that's a lot of heat to deal with.

BMWs are pretty good on brakes, can have high oil temps, but M3s are usually pretty good. I've never seen anyone try to run a M5 or M6 really hard at the track (at least not post-E34) but it wouldn't surprise me if those heavy pigs overheated at the track as well.

A friend of a friend tracked his W212 E63 wagon and lit the pads on fire and caused brake system failure, but that was a stock car that he abused to the point of failure and most people don't do that. No engine or drivetrain issues, though.

09-16-2020 02:02 PM #45
      While I can't speak for earlier generations, the 991 takes everything you throw at it on track like it is nothing. The Porsche driving school 991 GTS we had ran all day long with zero issues. There are no issues with oiling or cooling with that model in any flavor. Brakes never changed character no matter what you threw at them. Instructor said we were at 9/10ths of the capability of the GTS. Even the Turbo S on track didn't miss a beat....and that car and the GT3RS were the only ones that made me yell "WOW" running them around. The turbo absolutely snatches you out of corners and down the straights.
      What I meant about that is the M96 and M97 engined cars (996/997) tend to have engine failures when tracked hard. They can't control oil flow like the dry sumped cars and have lots of issues with that, despite baffling, deep sump pans, etc. Same issue that C5/6/7s have that are wet sump and tracked hard- they kill engines due to oil issues. I haven't heard much about the 9A1 and 9A2 engines, not much in the way of issues. I think Porsche has acquitted themselves fairly well after the IMS thing.

Aren't the Turbos and GT cars still dry sump, though? Even after the switch to the new engine architecture?

Cars
      09-16-2020 02:11 PM #46
      What I meant about that is the M96 and M97 engined cars (996/997) tend to have engine failures when tracked hard. They can't control oil flow like the dry sumped cars and have lots of issues with that, despite baffling, deep sump pans, etc. Same issue that C5/6/7s have that are wet sump and tracked hard- they kill engines due to oil issues. I haven't heard much about the 9A1 and 9A2 engines, not much in the way of issues. I think Porsche has acquitted themselves fairly well after the IMS thing.

Aren't the Turbos and GT cars still dry sump, though? Even after the switch to the new engine architecture?
      Yea I thought I had read something about the NA 997 engines having some issues. All non-GT 991s use a "hybrid" system that is marketed as dry sump, but it looks like it has a shallow wet sump. See the underside of my GTS on the previous page of this thread. The turbo is the same setup. This oiling setup has been bulletproof. The GT cars continue to have a separate oil tank and all like a traditional dry sump setup, but none of them are similar to the old GT1 block Mezgers.

23. Member
      Cars
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      09-16-2020 02:14 PM #47
      A 718 will handle anything you can throw at it on track and the drive back home with ease. We also ran 718 GTS on the track all day at Barber. Great car. Much more similar of a drive to a 991 than the mid-engine folks care to admit if you ask me.
      Yes. Sure the drivetrains are flipped around but they're not that far off percentage wise, particularly with a PDK Cayman. It still hunkers under braking and has lift oversteer etc.

I've gotten a few complements for picking the 'small' Porsche or the 'mid-engine' Porsche. I thank them but I leave out the fact that I wouldn't have hesitated on a 992 if only the price gap were smaller. I want the multi-link and rear-wheel steer and PTV+.

Cars
      2004 R32
      09-17-2020 08:58 AM #48
      I'm loving the new, black wheels as well. I was a bit hesitant as first, as the wheels are such a beautiful design in person, and black hides a lot of that detail at a glance....but I'm really happy that I made the change. The car looks so mean and aggressive now. We had a recent Porsche rally put on by the local dealership and this car was the star of the show. Looks were killer, sound was killer....everybody including me had an absolute blast. I hope we all do it again in the spring. Yes, there is a weight savings of about 7-8 pounds per corner. Huge improvement. I honestly don't know that I can tell much of a difference from the seat of my pants though.

The GTS is wonderful. Like I said before, it has a lot of the dual personality going on like the RS3. Turn a few knobs and the car goes from quiet and calm to a much harder edged, meaner character. The sport cats continue to entertain me tremendously. The car sounds so nice with them. The phrase "should have come this way from the factory" is really overused, but I simply think it is true in this case....at least for the GTS. The car has a lot of neat touches that makes it feel special compared to other Carreras. I still haven't tuned it. To be honest with the amount of attention from other friends who want to buy the car from me, I'm trying to decide if I may just leave it as is. I know that sounds crazy, especially coming from me, but the car really is a ton of fun with just that one hardware mod. I love the looks. I like the power. I like the noise and the feel. I have no issues at all about tuning it, I even have all the hard parts sitting here...it really is just that good with the change to the new cats. We will see.

As far as GTS to RS3 for better DD, that's a really tough question. Both are great. Obviously a 4 door with fold down rear seats is a lot more usable. The RS3 in stage 2 guise like this one can be picked up for around 50k. That's half of what I paid for my GTS, and even less now that the GTS have appreciated 10-15% in the past few months. Dollar for dollar, the RS3 obviously wins. It is just about as fun once modded *on the street*, and just about as special for a whole lot less money. That said, it is not and never will be a 911. It'll never have that feel, that sound, that look, or that feeling when you crank it up and the rear end wiggles when the motor fires to life. You will never drive it to the track, give it hell, and drive it back home. There are a lot of smaller nuances that are difficult to convey about 911s that make them very special cars.
      Wow, that's a significant weight savings! It's a nice justification to the cost of the wheels. Nice to see you are actually using and enjoying your rolling art work.

Thank you for your feedback. Especially the part about not needing to tune it (secretly I'm hoping you give in so we can get some Dragy data as I cannot find much searching online). We definitely welcome more sound clips of the PSE on with the Soul sports cats.

Interesting that the RS3 is "about as fun once modded". How is the RS3 in the twisties? No one ever talks about that. Just the straight line performance. How would you compare the sounds? Obviously they are totally different engines but both are known for their iconic sounds. The way you write about 911's gives me funny feelings in my tummy.
      JEMM Auto Detailing: Cars, Trucks, Motorcycles, Planes, RVs, Bathtubs, if you pay me I will buff it

John

Blog Entries
      Cars
      09-17-2020 09:17 AM #49
      Capabilities of modern cars are so much higher now than they previously were. You could easily get out there and drive something like an RS3 at similar performance threshold to your Corrado and not have any issues. Much less speed, much less heat, a lot less mass too. RS3s just aren't designed with track work in mind. My F80 that I raced at Spa and the Nurburgring did great as well. No issues with anything other than the brakes had a gritty feel through the pedal that resolved after 1000 miles of street driving.
      You can't really compare the performance capabiities of the corrado and RS3. The fact of the matter is that I'm pushing the corrado much harder than it was engineered to deal with from the factory. But you're talking about basically driving a stock RS3 at or less than what the car was engineered to handle in order to match my level of performance of said performance car. The point I was making is that any car, especiallly a performance car, in stock form should be able to handle a HPDE session without a hiccup. Obviously one might want to use better brake pads and fluids for safety. But an RS3 should absolutely be a car one could drive to a HPDE, have some fun on the track, and drive home. That's not to say that it's a flawless car on track or that it wouldn't benefit from some mods to help the on-track feel.

That really cool to hear. These were the 2.5t cars correct? No issues wit heat soak or any other heat-related issues? Your last sentence has me a bit concerned however. I'm not a huge fan of the modern carrera cars--if I had the funds, I'd follow your path and get some type of GT-series 911. I guess I'll have to get some seat time in both the upcoming GTS and maybe a GT4.

Cars
      09-21-2020 01:03 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by audicoupej View Post
      Wow, that's a significant weight savings! It's a nice justification to the cost of the wheels. Nice to see you are actually using and enjoying your rolling art work.

Thank you for your feedback. Especially the part about not needing to tune it (secretly I'm hoping you give in so we can get some Dragy data as I cannot find much searching online). We definitely welcome more sound clips of the PSE on with the Soul sports cats.

Interesting that the RS3 is "about as fun once modded". How is the RS3 in the twisties? No one ever talks about that. Just the straight line performance. How would you compare the sounds? Obviously they are totally different engines but both are known for their iconic sounds. The way you write about 911's gives me funny feelings in my tummy.
      Yes, significant weight savings for sure. The car is about as light as it can reasonably be now. Has the LWBs and PCCBs, now the light weight wheels as well. I need to get more media with the soul cats and PSE, but there is quite of bit of it already on YouTube.

The RS3 in the twisties once you get some real wheels and tires is alright. There is next to zero steering feel. The car has a lot of grip, but it isn't particularly fun. Terminal understeer is the name of the game here. Like I said before, it is a wonderful street car. I have zero interest in tracking it. The noises are fairly equal...just very different. The GTS sounds great outside the car. The RS is so unique, people always ask if they happen to hear it under throttle. I don't want to downplay the 911, especially the GTS. It is by far the most interesting and special, but that is diluted by the cost. If cost is not a burden, I would go with the GTS over the RS3 no doubt.

You can't really compare the performance capabiities of the corrado and RS3. The fact of the matter is that I'm pushing the corrado much harder than it was engineered to deal with from the factory. But you're talking about basically driving a stock RS3 at or less than what the car was engineered to handle in order to match my level of performance of said performance car. The point I was making is that any car, especiallly a performance car, in stock form should be able to handle a HPDE session without a hiccup. Obviously one might want to use better brake pads and fluids for safety. But an RS3 should absolutely be a car one could drive to a HPDE, have some fun on the track, and drive home. That's not to say that it's a flawless car on track or that it wouldn't benefit from some mods to help the on-track feel.

That really cool to hear. These were the 2.5t cars correct? No issues wit heat soak or any other heat-related issues? Your last sentence has me a bit concerned however. I'm not a huge fan of the modern carrera cars--if I had the funds, I'd follow your path and get some type of GT-series 911. I guess I'll have to get some seat time in both the upcoming GTS and maybe a GT4.
      The RS3 is not engineered for track duty. That is the crux of it. An F8x is, and does a great job. A 991 or 718 is, and does an amazing job. The RS3 was simply not designed with this in mind. You can get 2 or 3 laps in pushing the car hard before it starts turning the brake calipers crimson, smoking the pads, and boiling the fluid. The trans will get hot and puke oil everywhere out the vent in the engine bay, and the factory tires will get hot, chunk, and generally disintegrate.

Yes, the GTS is the 2.5T with a larger turbo. The power is very strong. There is zero issue with performance degradation of any turbocharged Porsche sports car on track in stock configuration. They are literally built around this usage model.

As I recall, you drove an NA 997? Despite popular culture, I don't think those cars are very fun....at least for my personal tastes. They certainly don't hold a candle to any 991 generation car when it comes to performance, and the turbocharged 991s...even the base, run circles around the NA versions. A 991.2 has next to nothing in common with an NA 997. On track, any 991 is very, very fast. The 991.2 GTS with a set of equal tires is faster than a .1 GT3.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast