VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Squishy brake pedal

2K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Scarlette_VR6 
#1 ·
So I've seemingly fixed my clutch problem, but now my brakes dont start to engage until I get the brake pedal inline with the gas pedal. Could my brake booster be dead, or is it more likely that I'm fighting air in the lines? (Still working on the mk4 golf gti vr6)

#2 ·
have you tried bleeding them? i wouldn't think the booster would cause little or no brakes till half way to the floor. sorry i dont know the history of your compete repairs.

#3 ·
I have bled all my hydraulic lines, but when the car is on my brakes don't work until the pedal is depressed about 60%, and don't do much of anything until 80%.

As far as repairs I also have no idea whats actually been done with the car, I'm the 7th owner, and all I know is that the window regulators kept getting replaced, and the oil pan was replaced at least once due to one owner stancing the car and bottoming out on every bump.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.