Fourtitude.com - Sold the Matrix XRS - now what?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Results 101 to 125 of 323
    1. Member elite.mafia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2010
      Location
      I95 Northbound
      Posts
      3,680
      Cars
      2003 Toyota Matrix XRS
      06-26-2020 03:48 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
      I would say if you are looking at Focus, the Mazda3 is a better car and runs on old Focus platform anyway. But that's not any of my business.
      They're all more expensive and higher mileage than the focus. There are lots of focus with around 50-70k miles for around 9k. like this one:
      https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-fo...id=autotempest

      that said, this is a 3 cylinder ecoboost? Seems like a bizarre motor

      here's a 2012 5 speed with 78k miles on it. not bad but its a base model I guess? steelies and other bargain bin options
      https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...paign=atempest
      Last edited by elite.mafia; 06-26-2020 at 03:51 PM.
      '03 Matrix XRS 6mt 2zz-ge

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member bificus99's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2nd, 2008
      Location
      SC
      Posts
      1,448
      Cars
      1975 280Z/2012 Maxima SV/2012 Chevy Cruze eco
      06-26-2020 03:51 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
      I would say if you are looking at Focus, the Mazda3 is a better car and runs on old Focus platform anyway. But that's not any of my business.
      That was my thought too.

    4. Member elite.mafia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2010
      Location
      I95 Northbound
      Posts
      3,680
      Cars
      2003 Toyota Matrix XRS
      06-26-2020 03:58 PM #103
      2010 mazdaspeed 3... looks nice, has a lot of suspension stuff done to it...
      https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...paign=atempest



      theres a 2015 mazda 6 with a manual for about 10k with 65k miles.

      https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...paign=atempest

      may go take a look at this, looks like a pretty nice car.

      also this other 2015 with a little over 100k miles for the same price, but it is a touring model
      https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...paign=atempest
      '03 Matrix XRS 6mt 2zz-ge

    5. Member Senior Member's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 1st, 2016
      Location
      Original Join Date 2001 Central NJ
      Posts
      2,307
      Cars
      OG 2001 Jetta 1.8t
      06-26-2020 04:02 PM #104
      You need something like this https://youtu.be/wIWGo2d8Xr8?t=163

    6. Member elite.mafia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2010
      Location
      I95 Northbound
      Posts
      3,680
      Cars
      2003 Toyota Matrix XRS
      06-26-2020 04:43 PM #105
      Quote Originally Posted by Senior Member View Post
      You need something like this https://youtu.be/wIWGo2d8Xr8?t=163
      right.... as cool as that is, that's got 0 cargo space, also it's not gonna be easy to find one for sale........
      '03 Matrix XRS 6mt 2zz-ge

    7. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      East-10EC
      Posts
      80,990
      Cars
      2018 F150
      06-26-2020 05:13 PM #106
      Are reasonable mile Scion iMs down to this price range yet?
      Vehicles owned (*=automatic):
      Chevy: 82 Cavalier Type 10, 94 Cavalier Coupe* | Chrysler: 96 Town & Country* | Ford: 73 F100, 88 F150, 18 F150* | Jeep: 78 CJ-5 | Mazdas: 83 GLC, 85 RX7 GS, 86 323, 90 323, 90 B2600i, 92 Miata, 97 Protege, 01 B2300, 01 B3000, 04 RX8 | Nissan: 90 240SX SE | Plymouth: 88 Caravan* | Pontiac: 84 Grand Prix* | Toyota: 84 Celica GTS, 02 Tundra*

    8. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      East-10EC
      Posts
      80,990
      Cars
      2018 F150
      06-26-2020 11:50 PM #107
      Vehicles owned (*=automatic):
      Chevy: 82 Cavalier Type 10, 94 Cavalier Coupe* | Chrysler: 96 Town & Country* | Ford: 73 F100, 88 F150, 18 F150* | Jeep: 78 CJ-5 | Mazdas: 83 GLC, 85 RX7 GS, 86 323, 90 323, 90 B2600i, 92 Miata, 97 Protege, 01 B2300, 01 B3000, 04 RX8 | Nissan: 90 240SX SE | Plymouth: 88 Caravan* | Pontiac: 84 Grand Prix* | Toyota: 84 Celica GTS, 02 Tundra*

    9. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 18th, 2018
      Posts
      6,598
      Cars
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      06-27-2020 08:12 AM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by elite.mafia View Post
      They're all more expensive and higher mileage than the focus. There are lots of focus with around 50-70k miles for around 9k. like this one:
      https://www.truecar.com/used-cars-fo...id=autotempest

      that said, this is a 3 cylinder ecoboost? Seems like a bizarre motor

      here's a 2012 5 speed with 78k miles on it. not bad but its a base model I guess? steelies and other bargain bin options
      https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...paign=atempest
      I think manual Focii are great value. Their pricing got destroyed by the Power**** disaster. I had a brown (!) manual (!!) diesel (!!!) wagon (8IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID~~~~~~~~) Focus rental when we went on vacation in France, and a regular Powershift sedan rental when we drove up the West Coast. Both were fine. Pretty much as good as any 2.0L NA FWD compact can be. Prob will be a little let down from the 2ZZ though.
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post
      I spent my entire season budget during the off-season on go fast parts, so now I'm wishing I hadn't and had saved a little so I could buy a sim rig.

    10. Member elite.mafia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2010
      Location
      I95 Northbound
      Posts
      3,680
      Cars
      2003 Toyota Matrix XRS
      06-27-2020 10:34 AM #109
      jeez thats a low mile, pretty rare example of a sentra se-r spec v. Definitely has a few small issues I can spot, rusty exhaust manifold makes me think underneath the car probably looks about the same. It's not badly rusted though. ALso seems to be missing the exhaust tip, or it has some dinky aftermarket muffler on it. also looks like soemthing below the rear bumper is hanging on it.... seemingly minor things, but I think this car may have been hit in the rear. also really bad orange peel on the rear shots of the car.

      edit:
      car was definitely in at least 2 accidents, though they were both to the front? either way probably hurts the value pretty significantly.

      muffler replaced by some random muffler shop, so it's probably got some ****ty aftermarket job on it, and the original likely rusted off....


      also looks like it';s been for sale for an extremely long time....
      Last edited by elite.mafia; 06-27-2020 at 10:41 AM.
      '03 Matrix XRS 6mt 2zz-ge

    11. Member elite.mafia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2010
      Location
      I95 Northbound
      Posts
      3,680
      Cars
      2003 Toyota Matrix XRS
      06-27-2020 10:42 AM #110
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      Are reasonable mile Scion iMs down to this price range yet?
      not really. There's a couple scattered throughout the country with like 60k+ miles for about 8k but most of them are like 12k.
      '03 Matrix XRS 6mt 2zz-ge

    12. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      East-10EC
      Posts
      80,990
      Cars
      2018 F150
      06-27-2020 10:47 AM #111
      Quote Originally Posted by elite.mafia View Post
      jeez thats a low mile, pretty rare example of a sentra se-r spec v. Definitely has a few small issues I can spot, rusty exhaust manifold makes me think underneath the car probably looks about the same. It's not badly rusted though. ALso seems to be missing the exhaust tip, or it has some dinky aftermarket muffler on it. also looks like soemthing below the rear bumper is hanging on it....
      I think that gen Sentra SER Spec V got completely lost on the import scene due to:
      -Looks.(which actually aged quote well imo as most others have gone with a more tall higher seating stance- this gen Sentra was quite roomy and easy out see out of imo. But the rear struts in the trunk mean you lose the folding seat room)
      -Much faster turbo competition.
      .
      Note Spec V requires premium gas though- but does make 200 hp.
      .
      I agree that the miles are very low, especially for an affordable "performance" model.
      But Carfax shows it to be a one owner with regular mileage intervals.
      Maybe it was just somebody's extra/summer car (always summer tires)?
      Possibly an older owner that's health declined as the miles seem to grow much much slower in the last four years.
      Have them face time and walk around showing the underside of the car if you are interested in it.

      also looks like it';s been for sale for an extremely long time....
      Damage happens.
      First must have been parked since not a moving accident.
      Second was in 15, and the car was not totaled.
      So it must have been fairly minor damage.
      As far as being for sale for a while- we have been in a pandemic.
      But yeah, I would be suspect of any car that looks like a really good deal that's been sitting on a small car lot for a while.
      -
      -
      The reason I even searched for that car for this thread was because of my toilet habits.
      I like to search for manual vehicles- Facebook, craigslist, auto-trader.
      Just to see what available in my area (*for cheap).
      I just came across this car and it made me research this gen Spec V:
      https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...68558463236511
      Last edited by BRealistic; 06-27-2020 at 10:53 AM.
      Vehicles owned (*=automatic):
      Chevy: 82 Cavalier Type 10, 94 Cavalier Coupe* | Chrysler: 96 Town & Country* | Ford: 73 F100, 88 F150, 18 F150* | Jeep: 78 CJ-5 | Mazdas: 83 GLC, 85 RX7 GS, 86 323, 90 323, 90 B2600i, 92 Miata, 97 Protege, 01 B2300, 01 B3000, 04 RX8 | Nissan: 90 240SX SE | Plymouth: 88 Caravan* | Pontiac: 84 Grand Prix* | Toyota: 84 Celica GTS, 02 Tundra*

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 22nd, 2014
      Location
      Houston
      Posts
      430
      Cars
      2012 Accord, 2012 Escape, 69 (nice) Beetle
      06-27-2020 11:29 AM #112
      Another vote for a focus. I had one for a year in Morocco, and while it was a diesel so engine reliability and performance not comparable, it was plenty of fun to drive through twisty mountain roads, big enough for 5 adults to squeeze in for our 120 mile round trip commute when we couldn't get the montero, and comfy enough for my wife and 2 year old and nanny to drive all over Morocco and Spain on our weeks off.

      30 miles a day were on dirt roads with pot holes as big as the car. Not sure if suspension was beefed up for diesel, but I never broke anything in ~30k miles.

      Also, the company fleet manager would send mass emails every month reminding us to call him for service appointments, then tell us he was busy when we called. I did all those 30k miles on dusty back roads and 100mph runs to Spain without an oil change, air filter, or any other service.

      When I went to turn it in, they said I had to get an oil change so there would at least be one real one on the books. 14 ounces of oil came out of that engine.

    14. Member elite.mafia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2010
      Location
      I95 Northbound
      Posts
      3,680
      Cars
      2003 Toyota Matrix XRS
      06-27-2020 11:31 AM #113
      There's a few cars I may look at within the next couple days locally but I keep going back to wanting to fly out for that corolla XRS. It's a lot less money than most of the other stuff I'm looking at, as anything local is gonna have to be fairly new or its gonna be rusty AF.

      I really need to figure out a way to get a fiesta ST by the sounds of things. There's a few for sale but they're all about 12k.
      hmmmmmm
      Last edited by elite.mafia; 06-27-2020 at 11:42 AM.
      '03 Matrix XRS 6mt 2zz-ge

    15. Member Pnuu's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 27th, 2005
      Location
      WA
      Posts
      5,753
      Cars
      GX, Taco, Tiguan, bikes
      06-27-2020 12:31 PM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by gotcha640 View Post
      Another vote for a focus. I had one for a year in Morocco, and while it was a diesel so engine reliability and performance not comparable, it was plenty of fun to drive through twisty mountain roads, big enough for 5 adults to squeeze in for our 120 mile round trip commute when we couldn't get the montero, and comfy enough for my wife and 2 year old and nanny to drive all over Morocco and Spain on our weeks off.

      30 miles a day were on dirt roads with pot holes as big as the car. Not sure if suspension was beefed up for diesel, but I never broke anything in ~30k miles.

      Also, the company fleet manager would send mass emails every month reminding us to call him for service appointments, then tell us he was busy when we called. I did all those 30k miles on dusty back roads and 100mph runs to Spain without an oil change, air filter, or any other service.

      When I went to turn it in, they said I had to get an oil change so there would at least be one real one on the books. 14 ounces of oil came out of that engine.
      It's unfortunate that in the US, we only had the 1st Gen Focus available and never a real 2nd Gen.

      I also drove one for a couple weeks in France in 2011. It was a 2010 I believe, so late 2nd Gen, 5dr Wagon with a 1.6L turbo diesel and 6sp manual. Pretty decent trim level too. I wanted to bring that car home with me, for being relatively underpowered it was so much fun to drive around the countryside roads. I had driven 1st Gen Focii before, and this was so much more composed and responsive. I would still own that exact car if I had the opportunity.

      Maybe a 3rd Gen Focus would be within OP's budget?

    16. Member Pnuu's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 27th, 2005
      Location
      WA
      Posts
      5,753
      Cars
      GX, Taco, Tiguan, bikes
      06-27-2020 12:33 PM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by elite.mafia View Post
      There's a few cars I may look at within the next couple days locally but I keep going back to wanting to fly out for that corolla XRS. It's a lot less money than most of the other stuff I'm looking at, as anything local is gonna have to be fairly new or its gonna be rusty AF.

      I really need to figure out a way to get a fiesta ST by the sounds of things. There's a few for sale but they're all about 12k.
      hmmmmmm
      If you're really set on that Corolla XRS, post up a thread and see if someone in the area can take a look at it for you. Or, have the seller take it to their local Toyota dealer and you can schedule/pay for a PPI over the phone.

    17. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      East-10EC
      Posts
      80,990
      Cars
      2018 F150
      06-27-2020 05:34 PM #116
      Note the Fiesta STs optional Recaro seats are only for the very thin.
      The Fiesta ST is popular because it's a great driving car with enough power to match it's handling potential- Ford used special front hubs to change the geometry a bit over normal Fiestas.
      But even normal Fiestas have a very good chassis and steering feel.
      What about a 5 speed 1.0 ecoboost 3 cyl Fiesta?
      That engine seems to work well in the light Fiesta.

      https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ngId=541109477
      Vehicles owned (*=automatic):
      Chevy: 82 Cavalier Type 10, 94 Cavalier Coupe* | Chrysler: 96 Town & Country* | Ford: 73 F100, 88 F150, 18 F150* | Jeep: 78 CJ-5 | Mazdas: 83 GLC, 85 RX7 GS, 86 323, 90 323, 90 B2600i, 92 Miata, 97 Protege, 01 B2300, 01 B3000, 04 RX8 | Nissan: 90 240SX SE | Plymouth: 88 Caravan* | Pontiac: 84 Grand Prix* | Toyota: 84 Celica GTS, 02 Tundra*

    18. Member elite.mafia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2010
      Location
      I95 Northbound
      Posts
      3,680
      Cars
      2003 Toyota Matrix XRS
      06-27-2020 06:55 PM #117
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      Note the Fiesta STs optional Recaro seats are only for the very thin.
      The Fiesta ST is popular because it's a great driving car with enough power to match it's handling potential- Ford used special front hubs to change the geometry a bit over normal Fiestas.
      But even normal Fiestas have a very good chassis and steering feel.
      What about a 5 speed 1.0 ecoboost 3 cyl Fiesta?
      That engine seems to work well in the light Fiesta.

      https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ngId=541109477
      honestly I'm seeing much much lower mileage ones than that for about the same price. That said, I think the fiesta may be a bit small. IIRC its quite a bit smaller than a fit, and way smaller than the matrix i had.
      '03 Matrix XRS 6mt 2zz-ge

    19. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 18th, 2018
      Posts
      6,598
      Cars
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      06-27-2020 07:12 PM #118
      Quote Originally Posted by elite.mafia View Post
      jeez thats a low mile, pretty rare example of a sentra se-r spec v.
      I have heard bad things about those 2.5s. And honestly the whole QR25DE SE-R package is mediocre. Low revving engine with minimal aftermarket support, crappy suspension setup, typical Nissan manual transmission etc. A same year Civic Si costs more but you get more than what you pay for.
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post
      I spent my entire season budget during the off-season on go fast parts, so now I'm wishing I hadn't and had saved a little so I could buy a sim rig.

    20. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      East-10EC
      Posts
      80,990
      Cars
      2018 F150
      06-27-2020 07:28 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by elite.mafia View Post
      honestly I'm seeing much much lower mileage ones than that for about the same price. That said, I think the fiesta may be a bit small. IIRC its quite a bit smaller than a fit, and way smaller than the matrix i had.
      Yeah, the Fiesta is small inside.
      Hmm.. what about a Suzuki SX4 sedan?
      Another vehicles I ran across searching local manuals.

      https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...84353974951937
      Vehicles owned (*=automatic):
      Chevy: 82 Cavalier Type 10, 94 Cavalier Coupe* | Chrysler: 96 Town & Country* | Ford: 73 F100, 88 F150, 18 F150* | Jeep: 78 CJ-5 | Mazdas: 83 GLC, 85 RX7 GS, 86 323, 90 323, 90 B2600i, 92 Miata, 97 Protege, 01 B2300, 01 B3000, 04 RX8 | Nissan: 90 240SX SE | Plymouth: 88 Caravan* | Pontiac: 84 Grand Prix* | Toyota: 84 Celica GTS, 02 Tundra*

    21. Member fireside's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2008
      Posts
      2,299
      Cars
      '20 F-150 SCREW 2.7EB 4x4
      06-27-2020 07:58 PM #120
      https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...0362/overview/

      2013+ Lancer GT/GTS? I really like these. They're attractive, the interiors are alright, they're roomy, and they're pretty dead nuts reliable. I had a '15 Outlander Sport with the 2.0L MIVEC and a 5 speed manual for a few years and I beat the living snot out of that thing, like, hard. Was absolutely bulletproof.

    22. Geriatric Member BRealistic's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 16th, 2005
      Location
      East-10EC
      Posts
      80,990
      Cars
      2018 F150
      06-27-2020 09:09 PM #121
      Vehicles owned (*=automatic):
      Chevy: 82 Cavalier Type 10, 94 Cavalier Coupe* | Chrysler: 96 Town & Country* | Ford: 73 F100, 88 F150, 18 F150* | Jeep: 78 CJ-5 | Mazdas: 83 GLC, 85 RX7 GS, 86 323, 90 323, 90 B2600i, 92 Miata, 97 Protege, 01 B2300, 01 B3000, 04 RX8 | Nissan: 90 240SX SE | Plymouth: 88 Caravan* | Pontiac: 84 Grand Prix* | Toyota: 84 Celica GTS, 02 Tundra*

    23. Member elite.mafia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2010
      Location
      I95 Northbound
      Posts
      3,680
      Cars
      2003 Toyota Matrix XRS
      06-27-2020 10:07 PM #122
      How bad are these in terms of reliability? 07 jetta GLI fahrenheit
      https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...2615/overview/

      I like this a lot....

      '03 Matrix XRS 6mt 2zz-ge

    24. You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can you? Just Another Sweater's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 11th, 2002
      Location
      Southwest Ohio
      Posts
      5,199
      Cars
      GTI Sport 6M
      06-27-2020 10:15 PM #123
      About the same as any 13 year old VW. Carbon cleaning will be needed occasionally, they have a timing belt, there were issues with the A/C failing, and the water pump is prone to failing. I'm sure I'm forgetting things, it's been years since I owned a MkV.

      It's not a bad choice but will be nowhere near as reliable as a 13 year old Toyota.

    25. Member elite.mafia's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 17th, 2010
      Location
      I95 Northbound
      Posts
      3,680
      Cars
      2003 Toyota Matrix XRS
      06-27-2020 10:16 PM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by fireside View Post
      https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/d...0362/overview/

      2013+ Lancer GT/GTS? I really like these. They're attractive, the interiors are alright, they're roomy, and they're pretty dead nuts reliable. I had a '15 Outlander Sport with the 2.0L MIVEC and a 5 speed manual for a few years and I beat the living snot out of that thing, like, hard. Was absolutely bulletproof.
      I feel like importing a car from canada might be a bit more of a PITA than I'm looking to deal with.
      '03 Matrix XRS 6mt 2zz-ge

    26. Member fireside's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 23rd, 2008
      Posts
      2,299
      Cars
      '20 F-150 SCREW 2.7EB 4x4
      06-27-2020 11:03 PM #125
      Quote Originally Posted by elite.mafia View Post
      I feel like importing a car from canada might be a bit more of a PITA than I'm looking to deal with.
      so find one stateside? It was an example of an idea. I still stand by my '12-'18 Focus recommendation, though. I'm waiting for you to actually buy something though. Can't wait for you to come in here and blow us all away with something wayyyy off base from what you were initially looking for hahaha.

    Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •