VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

EZ Wiring 21 circuit information write up.

16K views 12 replies 3 participants last post by  CRAIG1MACK 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread is here to aid in installation of a EZ wiring 21 standard harness into a 1993 cabriolet carb converted.
Ill be posting my findings as well as asking questions in hopes of leaving a trail for others that decide to go this route.

The wiring was melted under the hood to the ecu. The wiring in the car was corroded.

#2 ·
The wiring harness is sitting in the car as i await a Bentley Publishers book and a 2" grommet for routing wires through the firewall. All the wires are labeled every 5 inches telling what they are intended for. I will upload pics asap. The grommet can be found on ebay.

#5 ·
Anyone know where i can buy a Terminal or pin assortment for this car? I would like to replace the pins rather than soldering to existing old wire. All the connectors are okay so i could direct to the connectors if i could find an assortment. Only the ecu harness was melted all other connectors survived.

#8 ·
Under hood relays

Ez wiring doesn't provide a relay setup for the headlights, starter or cooling fan. Im thinking of hiding a relay box under the hood somewhere. My fear is that without relays and wired up like Ez shows in their diagrams that the ignition switch will melt lol.

List of relays i want to add. Let me know if you think i should add one not shown on my list.

UNDERHOOD

Headlights
Starter
Cooling fan

IN CAR

Fuel pump

I WILL ADD NEW PICS SOON! SORRY FOR SLACKING.

#9 ·
I have changed several times so this was kinda a wire as you go project. I used a S&P Radiator, stock temp switch and a relay for the fan

1 relay feeds the Ford EDIS parts+the blue exiter wire on the alt 1 relay feeds Megajolt controller. Either can do it all in a pinch.

I have relay for headlights and relay for center lights. Here is one I scarfed from a cabriolet. The other is hidden somewhere. Also ground bus MK3 part

EDIS/Megajolt

Engine

#11 ·
Errors in the Wiring Diagrams for A/C Radiator Cooling Fan Harness

There is good information in thread----->>>""""Errors in the Wiring Diagrams for A/C Radiator Cooling Fan Harness"""'<------about 90 plus cabby thermoswitch, after run module and two speed fan wiring.

Errors in the Wiring Diagrams for A/C Radiator Cooling Fan Harness

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.