Fourtitude.com - Need help finding a shipping company
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Cars
      2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid
      06-20-2020 08:28 PM #1
      From my understanding, most shipping companies are just coordinators, and they draw their drivers from the same pool.

Been trying to ship a car from Oregon to Virginia, and been getting no notification that they have a pickup date from the company I am using, apparently because they cannot find a driver over the past week. I would be tempted to try a different company, but I feel it would be the same answer.

Is there a certain company I should try that would have better luck, and wouldn't cost an arm and a leg? Part of me would want to fly out to load it upon on a rental, but those prices are even worse ($2200 before fuel, food, and hotels)

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      4 Cars, 30 cylinders, 2 turbos, 1500hp and 23 gears
      06-20-2020 08:38 PM #2
      I’ve used Priority Auto Relocations a few times and have been happy with the service. I’ve never used them to do cross country but from Texas to Ct prices were very reasonable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Junior Member
      Cars
      1978/VW/Rabbit, 1974/Porsche/911, 2004/Mazda/Miata, 2016/Toyota/Prius
      06-20-2020 09:36 PM #3
      I ship a number of vehicles every month. Right now space on trucks is very tight and if your move is not on a high traffic route you could have wait. Have you tried posting something on Uship? You may get a response from someone with a small car Carrier.

Sent from my Moto G (5) using Tapatalk

Cars
      '19 Accord EX Hybrid, '16 e-Golf SE, '04 Sequoia SR5, '00 GTI 1.8t
      06-21-2020 08:53 AM #4
      Why not resume your road trip idea? Fly out, rent a Uhaul truck and trailer and drive it back. Nothing like seeing the country from the vinyl seat of a Chevy Express box truck!

Edit - sorry didn’t read all the way to the end of your post.

Cars
      2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid
      06-21-2020 09:27 AM #5
      I might just have to. From reading reviews on Uship, the 2 quotes I got were dispatchers and not carriers, and half of the reviews stated that pick up windows were not honored or drivers were not found.

Cars
      '97 BMW M3/4/5, Highlander Limited, Honda CB1100
      06-21-2020 09:32 AM #6
      I used Nexus Auto Transport. I got bogged down at how poor the reviews were for every shipping company minus the fully enclosed exotic and rare vehicle shippers and finally just chose the least terrible. They ended up being great. They were on time and professional. My car arrived in great shape, and the driver was actually quite good driving a manual so didn't burn he clutch up loading and unloading which was for sure a worry. The price was super reasonable from Virginia to NW PA. I think I paid $450.00 for an e36 M3.

https://nexusautotransport.com/

8. 06-21-2020 10:14 AM #7
      Any way to get the car to a more common pickup point that Oregon? Maybe drive it down to the Northern California area?

When my son bought his Bolt in FL, he used Montway Auto Transport to ship it to his home in CA. But they are coordinators, not an actual trucking company.
      Americans hate EVs because they grew up with Power Wheels that were glacially slow, ran out of power in 20 minutes and took an entire day to recharge.

9. Member
      06-21-2020 12:54 PM #8
      Recommend https://www.fourcornerstransportservices.com/

Low rates, good customer service, 4 for 4 on delivering early.
      Current: 2015 Chevy SS 6MT (For Sale), 2011 CTS-V Wagon, 1969 Mercedes 250
      Past: 1969 Mercedes 250 w/ V8 swap, 1973 Mercedes 280C, 1977 BMW 320i, 1992 Buick Roadmaster, 2005 Ford Excursion, 2006 E46 M3 ZCP, 2007 BMW Z4M Coupe, 2009 Audi A4 2.0TQ, 2009 BMW 135i, 2014 Ford Fiesta ST, 2014 Volkswagen Passat SE 1.8T 5MT, 2016 MK7 GTI PP (bought back!)

Cars
      2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid
      06-21-2020 01:43 PM #9
      Actually just switched to Montway, as they said they just shipped several from Oregon last week. Lets see if it wasn't just talk.

11. 06-21-2020 02:05 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by Egz View Post
      Actually just switched to Montway, as they said they just shipped several from Oregon last week. Lets see if it wasn't just talk.
      Well they might have just had a truck go through but they might not have another one for a while. The trucks are independent based on my experience with them. But Montway does advertise heavily, so maybe they have more customers and thus more trips and work for the truckers.

The guy that they arranged for me started out in So. FL, then went for 1 or 2 pickups in the Naples area, then another pickup just south of me. Then finally our pickup. He was about a day late because one of his earlier pickups was for 2 cars that either wouldn't start or were non-runners. Either he didn't know that in advance or didn't expect the trouble loading them he encountered.
      Americans hate EVs because they grew up with Power Wheels that were glacially slow, ran out of power in 20 minutes and took an entire day to recharge.

Cars
      2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid
      06-21-2020 03:04 PM #11
      I just would be happy knowing it was picked up. I hate to have the seller be dragged along this entire wait.

Montway also said that they pay more in commissions, so there are more incentives for drivers. It will cost more, but at this point, I don't care.

06-21-2020 03:29 PM #12
      I have used Montway in the past (twice), but they're just a broker for other transports. Probably easiest to use them because they do all of the paperwork, but if you can find a local company and verify they're fully bonded and insured, then that is the most reliable way I find.

Cars
      '73 Camaro Z/28, '86 3.2 Carrera, '15 Touareg TDI & '05 LGT Wagon
      06-22-2020 08:55 AM #13
      I might just have to. From reading reviews on Uship, the 2 quotes I got were dispatchers and not carriers, and half of the reviews stated that pick up windows were not honored or drivers were not found.
      My experience isn't recent, but I used Uship and lucked out working directly with a single car carrier, private company. It was also a fraction of the cost of the big companies with a much tighter delivery date (Picked up on Friday, delivered on Monday from New Jersey to Pa). Short distance sure, but the big carriers were giving me up to a 30 day window between pickup and drop-off, while also being significantly more expensive. Its been 5 plus years, so I don't recall the business, but he was only on the east coast anyhow. Just thought I'd share my positive experience.
      1986 3.2 Carrera Mini-build thread:
      https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...-build-thread/
      1973 Pro-Touring Camaro build thread:
      https://forums.vwvortex.com/showthrea...8-build-thread

Cars
      '19 Accord EX Hybrid, '16 e-Golf SE, '04 Sequoia SR5, '00 GTI 1.8t
      06-22-2020 09:34 AM #14
      New idea. Buy a truck out there too! Something like this:

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/...138460831.html

Rent a U-haul flat bed, load it up and drive home. Forget hotels, just sleep in the Suburban! You get to have your road trip too. Once home, sell rust free west coast truck here in the mid-atlantic for at least what you bought it for, maybe more.

Most importantly, this makes for a much cooler story for TCL to read rather than "I had my new project car shipped to me incident free".

Cars
      2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid
      06-22-2020 09:42 AM #15
      I guess changing dispatchers worked. Just got a call from Montway, and they plan to get it tomorrow or the day after.

I thought about buying a truck for towing, but that would be even more than a Uhaul, and then I would have a truck I would have to sell.

17. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Cars
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      06-22-2020 09:53 AM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by 2 doors View Post
      New idea. Buy a truck out there too! Something like this:

https://portland.craigslist.org/clk/...138460831.html

Rent a U-haul flat bed, load it up and drive home. Forget hotels, just sleep in the Suburban! You get to have your road trip too. Once home, sell rust free west coast truck here in the mid-atlantic for at least what you bought it for, maybe more.

Most importantly, this makes for a much cooler story for TCL to read rather than "I had my new project car shipped to me incident free".
      You know... That's not a terrible idea.

I guess changing dispatchers worked. Just got a call from Montway, and they plan to get it tomorrow or the day after.

I thought about buying a truck for towing, but that would be even more than a Uhaul, and then I would have a truck I would have to sell.
      After reading the above post I must say I'm slightly disappointed, but good on you anyway. Here's to getting it done.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...