VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Replacing turbo - exhaust manifold gasket

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  TimS78 
#1 ·
Hi all: I am replacing the turbo in my 2008 Jetta with the FSI engine. It is just a daily driver so I am putting in a k03 stigan turbo. In the kit that I purchased are two exhaust manifold gaskets, one all metal and another identical to the factory gasket that came off with the old turbo. Do I need to use both, or simply replace the original factory gasket?

Thanks for the help.

#2 ·
I've never heard of using two gasket on anything ever. Doing so would create double the surface that needs sealing. I would only use the oem type gasket.

You could test it after the install, but you'd need to seal off the exhaust tips. But then needs to allow someway to introduce air pressure that can be contained within the exhaust or simply continue applying air. Then just spray soapy water over the exhaust manifold to head joint and see if it bubbles. You could also check the turbo to down-pipe joint at the same time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.