Fourtitude.com - It doesn't have a 2JZ but I still like it. (2020 Supra Content)
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
      Cars
      MK6 GTI, 2020 Supra
      06-05-2020 04:06 PM #1

So I just picked this up last night. The damn 0% finance offer and deep discount my local dealer was offering on the Premium model was too tempting.

I initially went to the dealer to just test drive one and see if it was something I'd enjoy further down the line when they hit the used market.

I walked in wearing a raggedy band t-shirt from like 10 years ago, cheap worn out golf shorts and beat up vans. I walked into the dealer and the first salesman came right up to me and asked my what I was there for and said I was there to check out the new Supra they had on the showroom floor. He eagerly grabbed the keys and we started going over it. I asked about a test drive and the GMs policy was no test drives without proof of intent to purchase. So I figured I'd go ahead and let them run my credit. I'm not actually planning on buying for another year to two anyways. They run it and I get approved right away for a garbage 5% rate. Whatever thought at least I get to test drive it now.

They pull it out of the showroom and give me the keys and tell me to be back in 20 minutes, no one sitting in the passenger seat to try and show me all the features while I'm driving or anything. So I take it around the area, giving it a little bit of push here and there to see how I like it, but being gentle as it still had the delivery mileage on it.

We come back and they say they were able to get me the 0% rate and once they said that it was done. Paperwork was drafted and signed in less than 30 minutes.

In and out of the Dealer in about an hour and a half. Delivery of the car was amazing, they didn't drill in the front license plate mount and even left all the plastic covers on all the brushed aluminum bits for the ultimate owner to remove so not a single scratch was anywhere. I couldn't be happier, I spent all night last night driving it around, after 5 hours of sleep went and drove it again this morning. This car gets constant thumbs up from other drivers and even had a guy in a ZL1 decide to do a fly-by on me while driving down the street.

I know a lot of people had concerns about the auto and the BMW underpinnings but honestly the ZF transmission is amazing. Not on par with the likes of a PDK found in a similarly priced Cayman but still awesome and snappy especially in sport mode. As for the BMW motor I love it, I love the fact that Toyota partnered with BMW, why reinvent the wheel and start R&D on a brand new straight 6 when you can just work with the manufacturer that has been perfecting the straight 6 for so long!

Now as I type this I just got back from the dealer. Had to drop it off to get the battery maintenance light turned off. Apparently these things are notorious for it due to them sitting in showrooms never being started but opened and closed constantly. I can't wait to get back in the drivers seat.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      '19 Ridgeline, '19 Miata
      06-05-2020 04:10 PM #2
      THat's awesome! I'm glad you like it and you got a smooth transaction. But I have a question: How do you feel about buying a 2020 Supra when the 2021 will have a bunch of revisions, including more power? Was the price and 0% financing worth it to you?

4. Member
      Cars
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      06-05-2020 04:27 PM #3
      I have really come around to these.... congrats!

How tall are you and is the low door opening annoying?
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post
      I spent my entire season budget during the off-season on go fast parts, so now I'm wishing I hadn't and had saved a little so I could buy a sim rig.

Cars
      Present: 991.1 GT3 Past: ND MX-5, GVB STI
      06-05-2020 04:29 PM #4
      Hey, congrats! Good to see someone on here with one of these.
      Last edited by Meroving1an; 06-05-2020 at 05:34 PM.

Cars
      MK6 GTI, 2020 Supra
      06-05-2020 04:32 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Smigelski View Post
      THat's awesome! I'm glad you like it and you got a smooth transaction. But I have a question: How do you feel about buying a 2020 Supra when the 2021 will have a bunch of revisions, including more power? Was the price and 0% financing worth it to you?
      The revisions are very nice, especially the chassis work they have done. But my budget was set at 50k and I didn't want to go over it. I'm also not going to be trying to squeeze every bit of power out of it so the powertrain differences aren't that big of a deal to me, if it bothered me that much I could just throw a tune on it. I really just wanted a fun unique weekend car that I could autocross a bit and occasionally track day.

If I waited for the new 2021 model I could only afford the 2.0 base. Meanwhile with the current market it how it is I was able to snag my 3.0 premium for the same price so I jumped on it.

7. 06-05-2020 04:35 PM #6
      Hell yes!! Great car. To tell you the truth I have seen both a C8 and a Supra out on the street, and I have to say, the Supra has more presence to me from the front. Really would like to get one but it makes absolutely no sense in my life right now.

Enjoy it!

Cars
      MK6 GTI, 2020 Supra
      06-05-2020 04:35 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      I have really come around to these.... congrats!

How tall are you and is the low door opening annoying?
      I'm 5'9" and have a pretty long torso (inseam is only 30-31") and fit pretty well. A helmet is a little snug. The biggest thing about the doors is how wide those sills are. Gotta really stretch to get out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Meroving1an View Post
      Hey, congrats! Go too see someone on here with one of these.
      Thanks! I have been watching these for a while, even went to the launch at the Chicago autoshow and waited in line for over an hour to play in a simulator for a whooping 60 seconds. Still cant believe I own it (Bank)

Blog Entries
      Cars
      '18 Jeep SRT; '11 M3 ZCP; '94 SLC
      06-05-2020 04:46 PM #8
      Very pretty car, congrats!

10. 06-05-2020 04:48 PM #9
      Congrats on the new car. You should join the SupraMKV forums.

Cars
      '17 Tundra, '16 3 GT
      06-05-2020 04:54 PM #10
      Congrats OP! What an exciting turn of events!

I see you're down the road too...do you ever attend "Supercar Saturday" events in IL? I always enjoy the number of nice cars that attend, WAY more than any official auto show I've been to.

I'm getting close to my next car, an RS3, so your story of strolling into a dealer not intending to purchase hits home with me! I'm hoping to stay close to the 50K mark too.

Any mod plans? Planning on driving it year-round or will that duty fall to your VW? What other cars were you considering in addition to the Supra?

Well done, love the Supra!
      Current: '17 Tundra, '16 3 GT
      Past/Sold: '13 Evo, '08 Si, '12 Mustang GT, '03 Evo VIII, '01 Golf 1.8T

06-05-2020 06:38 PM #11
      Great score! I was hoping you'd make a thread. Got more pics?

Chris
      | 20 Ram | 13 Altima | 00 Tahoe | 94 Integra GS-R | 74 SuperBeetle | 62 Ford Unibody |

13. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      LS3 Malibu, Mid Engined Camry
      06-05-2020 07:44 PM #12
      Congrats! I don't these photograph well, but I like how they look in person. Enjoy it!
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

14. Member
      Cars
      2012 Cayman | 2019 R | 2015 Golf
      06-05-2020 07:50 PM #13
      Nice score!

Red is a great color on these cars and the overall shape of them I think is pretty awesome.

Agreed with others, more pics required!

15. Member
      Cars
      small car that does it all, incredibly reliable too
      06-05-2020 08:06 PM #14
      I still haven't seen one on the streets yet. But the next time I'm near the Brat Stop or Mars Cheese Castle I'll keep my eyes open for it.
      You can’t take advantage of “record low” gas prices when you have nowhere to drive. And it’s not really more affordable if you don’t have a paycheck to buy it with.

Cars
      '16 sti
      06-05-2020 08:14 PM #15
      Get the wheels powder coated black. It makes a huge difference.

Cars
      2012 Mustang GT, 1986 Mazda RX-7 GX
      06-06-2020 02:09 AM #16
      Quote Originally Posted by _FLASH_ View Post

There is already too much black on those wheels.

Congrats OP!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

18. Member
      Cars
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      06-06-2020 07:24 AM #17
      I think the B58/S58 are better motors than the 2JZ anyway. 2JZ isn't bad but I don't understand the obsession.
      Quote Originally Posted by QUIRKiT View Post
      I spent my entire season budget during the off-season on go fast parts, so now I'm wishing I hadn't and had saved a little so I could buy a sim rig.

Cars
      '97 BMW M3/4/5, Highlander Limited, Honda CB1100
      06-06-2020 07:52 AM #18
      I saw my first one on the road a few weeks ago and it changed my mind completely. The proportions are amazing, and the styling translates to the real world much better than in pictures. It's lower, shorter and more stout looking than I expected. Tons of presence.

Congrats! Super cool car.

Cars
      99' M3, 06' 4Runner, '13 CX5
      06-06-2020 08:00 AM #19
      Congrats! The deals on these things are very compelling. Having seen a few of these in person, I think they have beautiful styling and really look like something special. True sports car proportions, I love the double bubble roof and the hips. Although I like the M2, the Supra makes the M2 look plain.
      GLi : M3 : CX5
      OSD#2

21. Member
      Cars
      2017 Golf R DSG, 2017 Miata RF GT, 2017 Genesis G90 Ultimate
      06-06-2020 09:05 AM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by x(why)z View Post
      I saw my first one on the road a few weeks ago and it changed my mind completely. The proportions are amazing, and the styling translates to the real world much better than in pictures. It's lower, shorter and more stout looking than I expected. Tons of presence.

They look and sound amazing in motion.

Cars
      MK6 GTI, 2020 Supra
      06-06-2020 09:11 AM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by lowlight View Post
      Congrats OP! What an exciting turn of events!

I see you're down the road too...do you ever attend "Supercar Saturday" events in IL? I always enjoy the number of nice cars that attend, WAY more than any official auto show I've been to.

I'm getting close to my next car, an RS3, so your story of strolling into a dealer not intending to purchase hits home with me! I'm hoping to stay close to the 50K mark too.

Any mod plans? Planning on driving it year-round or will that duty fall to your VW? What other cars were you considering in addition to the Supra?

Well done, love the Supra!
      I've heard of it but have no idea where its actually at! I'll have to search more on facebook and check it out. I normally just stick to myself but I do miss going to events like that a lot!

I love the RS3! That and a TTRS were my top contenders with the Supra. No mods planned yet, kinda wanna ride out the warranty but we know how that goes. and the MK6 is now stuck on DD duty. I have a 100 mile commute that the Supra will not be doing!

Quote Originally Posted by vb22 View Post
      Congrats on the new car. You should join the SupraMKV forums.
      Just did!

Quote Originally Posted by Crispyfritter View Post
      Great score! I was hoping you'd make a thread. Got more pics?

Chris
      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      Congrats! I don't these photograph well, but I like how they look in person. Enjoy it!
      Quote Originally Posted by KrisA View Post
      Nice score!

Red is a great color on these cars and the overall shape of them I think is pretty awesome.

Agreed with others, more pics required!

More pics will be soon! I have noticed that the way the photograph the best from the front is when your exactly level with the windshield. Looking down on it from the front just makes it seem kinda goofy. But from the rear it looks good at all positions!
      Last edited by AnchorsAweigh; 06-06-2020 at 09:15 AM.

Cars
      2013 Charger R/T Road & Track
      06-06-2020 09:12 AM #22
      Looks like a fun ride OP, congrats. I can confirm that red is the fastest color. It’s science.

Cars
      MK6 GTI, 2020 Supra
      06-06-2020 09:14 AM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by _FLASH_ View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post

There is already too much black on those wheels.

Congrats OP!
      Yeah I don't plan on touching the OEM ones, maybe later on down the road they might get replaced with something else but thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      I think the B58/S58 are better motors than the 2JZ anyway. 2JZ isn't bad but I don't understand the obsession.
      I agree, especially considering the new tweaks going into the 2021s!

Quote Originally Posted by x(why)z View Post

Quote Originally Posted by danny_16v View Post
      Congrats! The deals on these things are very compelling. Having seen a few of these in person, I think they have beautiful styling and really look like something special. True sports car proportions, I love the double bubble roof and the hips. Although I like the M2, the Supra makes the M2 look plain.
      Quote Originally Posted by unhappymeal View Post
      They look and sound amazing in motion.
      Thanks, the looks in person really got me, I've been interested in these since they were teased. Just never thought I'd end up with one! The exhaust note really is something special in sport mode

Cars
      2016 Kia Sorrento / 97 XJ Country
      06-06-2020 09:57 AM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by AnchorsAweigh View Post
      . No mods planned yet, kinda wanna ride out the warranty but we know how that goes.

juuuust leave this here. Love mine

https://burgertuning.com/products/jb...0-toyota-supra
      Demokratikally Elekted Direktor and Konveyor of Positive Vibrations for the Independent People's Republik of Offtopikstan
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkAnalyst View Post
      I am the Fgt
      greenie: i'm banging my mechanic

Cars
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      06-06-2020 10:10 AM #25
      Nice pick-up OP! There is a silver one down the street from me but they are still rare enough it’s a little exciting to see one out in the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Smigelski View Post
      From what I saw in an episode of Everyday Driver the 2020 cars were really underrated so the 2021 power bump isn’t really as much as it seems on paper.
      Last edited by Hostile; 06-06-2020 at 10:12 AM.
      iain

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast