Fourtitude.com - OK, What's Up With The Riot Briks?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 1 of 84 123451151 ... LastLast
      Cars
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      06-01-2020 09:08 AM #1
      Several times now I have seen references to a pallet of briks sitting among these recent protests, with reports of no construction in the near vicinity.

Where are they coming from, and why are all the white people breaking store front glass? I have also seen footage of dudes chipping briks up from crosswalks to (I'm assuming) to be readily available in case anyone wants to throw one? Why not bring your own briks?

I also suppose we could discuss why some policemen are terrible too, but I'm really curious about the briks.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. I got a poop emoji! CHEVY!! Time for an aSS's Avatar
      Cars
      17 Chevy SS
      06-01-2020 09:13 AM #2
      I’ve been looking at this the last couple days as well.

One of the instances was debunked, the bricks had been there and the person filming purposely avoided the broken up sidewalk down the street from the pallet.

That is one of quite a few examples. Definitely seems suspicious overall.

There’s another video of the protesters handing a guy to cops that was throwing bricks. That was pretty cool.
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      We can not be trusted.

Cars
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      06-01-2020 09:20 AM #3
      Bricks are pretty common construction, landscaping, road, sidewalk, etc. material. Can find them pretty much everywhere. I wouldnt assume any conspiracy without some actual evidence beyond a random guy on the internet speculating.
      signatures are annoying, right?

Cars
      2016 Ford Fusion Hybrid, 1967 Datsun 1600
      06-01-2020 09:22 AM #4
      Could be worse. Could be LEGOs. Those can sting

Cars
      06-01-2020 09:24 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for an aSS View Post
      I’ve been looking at this the last couple days as well.

One of the instances was debunked, the bricks had been there and the person filming purposely avoided the broken up sidewalk down the street from the pallet.

That is one of quite a few examples. Definitely seems suspicious overall.

There’s another video of the protesters handing a guy to cops that was throwing bricks. That was pretty cool.
      Yeah, I can't take any of these claims seriously enough yet, but it is suspicious. I've also heard accounts of people wearing all black, and breaking out windows of stores and then leaving. Almost as if to "throw the first stone" to promote looting or something. Suspicious, for sure. Again, not sure how accurate any of this is, but its interesting.

And delivering Andy Dufresne to the police was pretty sweet. They just picked him up, took the rock hammer out of his hand and handed him over.
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      Bricks are pretty common construction, landscaping, road, sidewalk, etc. material. Can find them pretty much everywhere. I wouldnt assume any conspiracy without some actual evidence beyond a random guy on the internet speculating.
      Which is why I want to get to the bottom of it. We can ID a bumper fragment from a early 90s Mitsubishi with a paint color and half a part number in less than 20 minutes. I have faith in us.
      Last edited by @McMike; 06-01-2020 at 09:29 AM.

Cars
      15 Rav4
      06-01-2020 09:34 AM #6
      Much like the great Animal Crossing, one must also question why businesses have glass doors and windows to entice breakage with said bricks.

And given those bricks look like common city pavers, I'd say there's local city government involvement.
      YouTube is not a medical device.

Cars
      '04 Honda Recon 250ES
      06-01-2020 09:34 AM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      I'm not sure if Mike's OP photos are indicative of this being widespread.

However, I work for a commercial construction company and i have never seen any contractor just leave an unsecured pallet of their product up for grabs on the street. If a project is on public property, such as a sidewalk or crosswalk, the product is generally brought in for the day of work and excess is removed and returned for following days until completion. If they're left on site, they're secured under cover or otherwise locked up.
      I'm watching you, Erik.

Quote Originally Posted by welderdood View Post
      What you lack in obsessive compulsions you make up for in debauchery.

Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      06-01-2020 09:37 AM #8
      Yeah, I can't take any of these claims seriously enough yet, but it is suspicious. I've also heard accounts of people wearing all black, and breaking out windows of stores and then leaving. Almost as if to "throw the first stone" to promote looting or something. Suspicious, for sure. Again, not sure how accurate any of this is, but its interesting.
      There are dozens, probably hundreds of videos on twitter with that happening. There seems to be a lot of people out there using this opportunity to just be destructive and stir **** up.

Questions raised over masked white man with umbrella seen calmly smashing windows before Minneapolis riots
      Speculation that figure dubbed 'Umbrella Man' may have been an agent provocateur
      https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a9539741.html

Black Protesters Who Want To Demonstrate Peacefully Are Calling Out White People Who Instigate Violence
      https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...e-george-floyd

https://twitter.com/realBenjiirby/st...427828737?s=20
      Last edited by Sporin; 06-01-2020 at 09:53 AM.

I'm a little upset about a bad sexual episode I had last night.
      Cars
      2015 Forester, 2006 CR-V
      06-01-2020 09:37 AM #9
      Damn, was hoping this was indicative of the path forward, pave the way towards resolution...
      A loving welcome from TCL

Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Life is way more fun with people you enjoy being around.

11. Just Going with the FLO. Strange Mud's Avatar
      Cars
      2017 GTI, 06 Taco, Rusty plow truck, 1955 MF tractor
      06-01-2020 09:40 AM #10
      bricks for sale $2.00 each. See my ad in classified

and
      Quote Originally Posted by VigorousZX
      On a side note long term EMF exposure in electric cars causes AIDS.
      Quote Originally Posted by Metalbutty View Post

Cars
      2018 Atlas SEL R-Line, 2019 330xi M-Sport
      06-01-2020 09:41 AM #11
      Paid agitators and those promoting a nefarious cause can get a lot of work done when they incite mayhem and simply step away.

It's the same people that ran amok during the late 90s/early 00s WTO and World Bank riots. :shrug:

13. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Cars
      SR71 C30 t53a/b/b
      06-01-2020 09:42 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by Sporin View Post
      There are dozens, probably hundreds of videos on twitter with that happening. There seems to be a lot of people out there using this opportunity to just be destructive and stir **** up.
      That does not surprise me a bit.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.

Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      06-01-2020 09:42 AM #13

Cars
      06-01-2020 09:44 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic View Post

However, I work for a commercial construction company and i have never seen any contractor just leave an unsecured pallet of their product up for grabs on the street. If a project is on public property, such as a sidewalk or crosswalk, the product is generally brought in for the day of work and excess is removed and returned for following days until completion. If they're left on site, they're secured under cover or otherwise locked up.
      First photo I found. Most of the other images are stills from IG live or Tiktok videos.

Which reminds me of my new least favorite thing. Screen recordings of social media videos.

My new hell.

16. 06-01-2020 09:47 AM #15
      My neighbor has had 1-1/2 pallets of pavers sitting in his driveway for over a year now since his pool paver project ended with too many pavers bought. Is this why he has been holding on to them rather than sending them back or offering them up on CL?
      Americans hate EVs because they grew up with Power Wheels that were glacially slow, ran out of power in 20 minutes and took an entire day to recharge.

17. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7, 2008 A6, 2006 CR-V
      06-01-2020 09:58 AM #16
      First photo I found. Most of the other images are stills from IG live or Tiktok videos.

Which reminds me of my new least favorite thing. Screen recordings of social media videos.

My new hell.

At least they're capturing it vertically...

Oh wait.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

06-01-2020 09:59 AM #17
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic View Post

It is interesting, but beyond idiots on the internet or anecdotal "I know a guy who borked a guy who used a brik to wipe his butt" accounts, I can't lend it any creedence.

I have a 1/2 doze commercial sites right now with construction-grade brick(used for underground situations to level pipe/structures prior to being cemented in, etc) on pallets out in the open. Now, certain things we don't tie down because it takes work to steal them, and most criminals are unwilling to do the work. They might WANT to steal a pallet of new manhole castings so they can scrap them, but then they would have to figure a way to pick up and carry away 100s of lbs of iron. Even when we have been in high-traffic areas we would be unlikely to tie down brick on pallets. Most likely they would be wrapped in plastic so they aren't as easy to tip over and make a mess.

As for reports of "pallets of brick" being left near protest sites - I want everyone to take a breath until those are found out to be true. Remember how many people would need to be involved in order to make that happen, and that all of those people would need to keep their yaps shut about it.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio!
      They make my ass look pretty.

19. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Cars
      SR71 C30 t53a/b/b
      06-01-2020 10:08 AM #18
      Saw this on twitter. I added 9 and 10.

1. Instill fear.
      2. Lock people in their houses.
      3. Drive tens of millions out of work.
      4. Remove the pressure valves: Sports, Concerts, Bars, Theaters, Lunch with Friends...
      5. Close the churches.
      6. Dehumanize through masking the healthy.
      7. Wait.
      8. Strike match.
      9. ???
      10. Profit.
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.

20. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      06-01-2020 10:19 AM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      As for reports of "pallets of brick" being left near protest sites - I want everyone to take a breath until those are found out to be true. Remember how many people would need to be involved in order to make that happen, and that all of those people would need to keep their yaps shut about it.
      Antifa HQ: "Hello, Home Depot, this is Bob Johnson at American Restoration Contractors, I need a pallet of bricks delivered for a reno project we're starting. The address? Riot Avenue, Injustice City. Here's the credit card- it's my bosses', we're a small operation. Thanks!"

Super easy.

Heresay: A woman in a protest saw white men all kitted up, w/o weapons, get out of unmarked SUVs, and "join" the protest. Apparently they looked like military/LEO by the way they carried themselves.

So rumors are out there that not only does ANTIFA s**theads ruin everything, but "good guys" are joining to be rabble rousers and trigger police response (presumably to end the protest/riot). Now protests have 3 undesirables in their midst. ANTIFA, Police antagonizers, and opportunistic thugs.

There was an aerial shot of Westlake Center in Seattle and the protestors were about 40-50ppl, and Social Media attention whores were at least double that. So many people were out there hoping to catch the next viral TikTok/SnapChat/GiveADogABone video; they don't really care about the protests.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

Cars
      06-01-2020 10:26 AM #20
      Quote Originally Posted by Tornado2dr View Post
      It is interesting, but beyond idiots on the internet or anecdotal "I know a guy who borked a guy who used a brik to wipe his butt" accounts, I can't lend it any creedence.

I have a 1/2 doze commercial sites right now with construction-grade brick(used for underground situations to level pipe/structures prior to being cemented in, etc) on pallets out in the open. Now, certain things we don't tie down because it takes work to steal them, and most criminals are unwilling to do the work. They might WANT to steal a pallet of new manhole castings so they can scrap them, but then they would have to figure a way to pick up and carry away 100s of lbs of iron. Even when we have been in high-traffic areas we would be unlikely to tie down brick on pallets. Most likely they would be wrapped in plastic so they aren't as easy to tip over and make a mess.

There's a LOT of suggestions/theories that I'm paying attention to that I find interesting, but am just sitting on them, waiting for the facts to roll in.

Here's a good one.

In a early statement sent to WDRB News, Metro Council President David James said he questioned the mayor's office about why the officers used tear gas before the curfew set in. The mayor's response to James was that police saw people approaching with leaf blowers loaded with bleach, which were intended to hurt police. .
      I'm pretty sure they're clearing the police's tear gas, since they weren't supersoakers.

22. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      06-01-2020 10:26 AM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by LT1M21Stingray View Post

1. Instill fear.
      4. Remove the pressure valves: Sports, Concerts, Bars, Theaters, Lunch with Friends...
      5. Close the churches.
      7. Wait.
      8. Strike match.
      9. ???
      10. Profit.
      I can answer the ???: Make the survivors depend on gov't assistance to "get back up" and push for more gov't reliance. Then one particular political party gets to stay in power.

I loved the interview with a young protester, I wish I would have recorded it. "I'm standing against capitalism, socialism, and racism."

Oh vey.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

23. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      06-01-2020 10:28 AM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by LT1M21Stingray View Post

1. Instill fear.
      5. Close the churches.
      7. Wait.
      8. Strike match.
      9. ???
      10. Profit.
      Who's profiting?
      Instagram - efrie004

You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

06-01-2020 10:31 AM #23
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      Who's profiting?
      As an investor in several riot brick manufacturing companies, me.

25. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Cars
      SR71 C30 t53a/b/b
      06-01-2020 10:33 AM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by westsideseal View Post
      Glass/window manufacturers too.

26. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      06-01-2020 10:33 AM #25
      Quote Originally Posted by westsideseal View Post
      Not too hard, not too soft.
      Instagram - efrie004

Page 1 of 84 123451151 ... LastLast