VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

CIS Injector Plastic Inserts

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  mathieuhache55 
#1 ·
Hi, I had initially posted this question in Cabriolet without knowing that there was a CIS-specific page..

I was in the process of replacing the injectors on my 1986 Cabriolet and noticed that all of the original injector inserts have self-destroyed over the last 34 years. They no longer serve a purpose in the shape they're in and I had to run a small vacuum hose in the intake manifold to remove the broken pieces that fell in. I was unable to find replacement inserts in Canada despite an extensive online search. There are some on Ebay or Europe market with ridiculous shipping fees. My question is, can I run the car without the lower plastic inserts - with only the brass holder? The car is otherwise in great shape. The injectors had a horrible spray pattern, which is why I replaced them in the first place.

I appreciate your help!

#3 ·
Responses have been slow on this topic :). Every supplier that I have tried was out of stock. Found 4 in Florida but they've been stuck in Chicago for two months and I lost hope in ever seeing them. I'll give the shinny new Bosch injectors without the insert/insulator and will try to somehow secure the fuel lines so that the angle of the injectors remains optimal. Maybe some sort of line holder that is secured against the intake manifold.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.