VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Help

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  manys 
#1 ·
I have recently started a business detailing cars. I did a 2016 charger last week. Today it has been raining off and on and the owner messaged me quite upset that the water is beading on the hood of the car ( which is flat) and says water should never do that. I tried to explain to him that there is no where for the water to go when the vehichle is sitting. Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can explain to this guy that's there is nothing wrong. Worst part is I offered to do this guys car so I had pictures for my Instagram account so he didnt pay a fine but is now irate.

#2 ·
If he's such an expert offer him a job!

Unfortunately, in ANY customer service and/or service rendered industry you'll have people that a just plain idiots. Ask him what happens when he drives about 30mph for the first time, I'd bet the water blows right off. Tell him to beat it, and pick different clients. Don't do work for free, ever.

#3 ·
You're going into too much detail, "nowhere to go" is irrelevant. It's suppposed to bead, sheeting means the paint is unprotected and/or dirty, and it sounds like he's never had a good detail, had sealant applied, etc. "Most people with cars like yours don't wait four years to protect it." If he keeps at you, tell him he's welcome to a refund and if that's not enough he can take you to court. I dislike bullies, short-circuit his entire line of thinking. Don't worry about him talking bad about you to others, anybody who knows him probably stopped taking his hothead reviews seriously long ago.

Heck, in 5 minutes I could come up with 20 youtubes of people doing details of cars more expensive than his, spelling all of this out in detail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.