Fourtitude.com - My COVID-19 purchase. Feel free to share yours too.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    1. 03-28-2020 08:13 PM #26
      Thanks guys,

I did not personally qualify for any current customer incentives. I simply negotiated until we hit a price I liked. I liked working with him, and I was fully ready to go down and pay with a cashier's check. But then the 0/0/72 came out, and he now wants to increase the price if I use 0/0/72. I have learned that dealers, not just customers, get incentives as well. Is that correct? Perhaps he would lose a dealer-side incentive I do not know about if we use the VW captive lender incentive?

Anyway, I'm sure I will end up happy one way or another. It was a good deal paying with cash as well. I just want to take advantage of stellar financing if I can.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      '12 Honda CRV EX, '18 Tundra TRD Off-Road 4x4
      03-28-2020 08:26 PM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by qwikz28 View Post
      Would you mind PMing me with details about your purchase if you are amenable to sharing? My wife has been asking me for a Yukon for a while now and her birthday is coming up. The dealership I got my Buick is ordered closed (Northern NJ) but I have my salesman's contact information and I'm sure will be willing to make a deal on a Denali.
      Food for thought, one of my good buddies bought one of these new for his wife when this current gen came out. He said it was $80K new, about two years in they were tired of it and said he took a "bath" to get out it. Just be sure your ole lady really wants one bad, you are going to chew on a lot of it down the road if she doesn't like it. Also nothing falls faster in value than an expensive, luxury domestic vehicle, right when the new generation is out. I believe the new platform comes out later this year or next.

I personally ate it hard, when I bought a new fully loaded Ford EcoBoost, FX4 with every option back in late 2013. Then less than one year Ford introduced the current gen F-150. I got $12K off my 2013 F-150, but still the value drop was staggering when I sold it.

4. 03-28-2020 08:44 PM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Crispyfritter View Post
      It's a 2020 Ram Laramie.
      Whoa, whoa, whoa. You didn't trade in the Jeep, did you?
      Dempsey Bowling
      Sales Consultant at Doug Smith Dodge/Chrysler/Jeep/Ram/Subaru/Kia/used
      My fleet: 91 Miata (5.0L swap project), 98 Wrangler Sport, 01 Suburban 2500 8.1L, 80 Grand Prix LJ 454, 86 GLHS #75, 13 Leaf SV

5. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      03-28-2020 09:35 PM #29
      I purchased some fuel to drive to work.

At least it's cheap now.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      maybe its just me, but i wouldnt put anything in the circle of "unrealistic" when it comes to sex.

6. Member
      Cars
      2002 Camaro Z28, 2018 Buick Regal Sportback, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee (wife)
      03-28-2020 10:06 PM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Cutandthrust View Post
      Food for thought, one of my good buddies bought one of these new for his wife when this current gen came out. He said it was $80K new, about two years in they were tired of it and said he took a "bath" to get out it. Just be sure your ole lady really wants one bad, you are going to chew on a lot of it down the road if she doesn't like it. Also nothing falls faster in value than an expensive, luxury domestic vehicle, right when the new generation is out. I believe the new platform comes out later this year or next.

I personally ate it hard, when I bought a new fully loaded Ford EcoBoost, FX4 with every option back in late 2013. Then less than one year Ford introduced the current gen F-150. I got $12K off my 2013 F-150, but still the value drop was staggering when I sold it.
      Thanks. My wife changes her mind more than I change clothes. I figured she wouldn't care it was an older generation, but I'm not sure she can handle as large of a car as she says she wants. Good call

Cars
      F80 / TDI / LWB
      03-28-2020 10:08 PM #31
      Hell yeah! Congrats! The Ram is my favorite full size at the moment.
      flickr | Everything you need to know | » | Scratch-It™ | Vimeo | Instagram

Quote Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
      BMW made the decision to chase tuhao money with questionable aesthetic and it can't expect more sophisticated markets to go along with the crassness of its current batsh1t crazy design.

8. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      03-28-2020 10:18 PM #32

The domestic trucks and SUV's hold their value quite a bit better than their European counterparts.

All new vehicles take a dive in value, particularly when the new model comes out, but relatively speaking, a 4x4 domestic truck or full size SUV is a solid gamble compared to the competition.

If anyone was really worried, they could just buy something 3-4 years old. Granted, you're still going to spend $30,000-40,000 but then you could drive it for 3-5 years without taking too big of a hit.

Case in point -

https://www.autosofozarks.com/vdp/15...-Home-AR-72653

https://www.autosofozarks.com/vdp/13...-Home-AR-72653

And just for sh*ts and giggles, here is a 2013 with 99,000 miles on it for $24,900. https://www.autosofozarks.com/vdp/13...-Home-AR-72653

Comparatively speaking, they hold their value incredibly well. It's not fair to talk about how hard of a hit they take when brand new, because that's all cars.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorz.../#47f4cf926675

Full size SUV with best retention - Tahoe.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      maybe its just me, but i wouldnt put anything in the circle of "unrealistic" when it comes to sex.

03-28-2020 10:50 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by antilock View Post
      That sucks that you have to press the brake to start it. In fact it reminds me of my motorcycle that required me to press the clutch in while starting it. Which I was happy to bypass. Good riddance.
      Brake Transmission Shift Interlock (BTSI) is a safety technology that is intended to prevent children from accidentally putting a vehicle into gear. The technology forces the driver to have their foot on the brake, in all key positions, when shifting out of park.

On February 28, 2008, the ‘‘Cameron Gulbransen Kids Transportation Safety Act of 2007’’ (the K.T. Safety Act, or ‘‘Act’’) was signed into law and it has been a requirement under Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 114 Theft protection and rollaway prevention for vehicles manufactured since September 1, 2010. In other words, model year 2011 and newer vehicles, although many manufacturers had BTSI before then and many who didn’t started phasing it in beginning in 2006/07 as the writing was already on the wall. Although not an “economically significant” rule, it has undoubtedly saved hundreds of lives.

https://www.safetyresearch.net/blog/...ift-interlocks

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/.../2010-7078.pdf

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-id..._1114&rgn=div8

10. Member
      03-29-2020 10:24 AM #34
      Took advantage of the Ford deal. Let the crowd plowing begin.

03-29-2020 11:50 AM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by TurboMinivan View Post
      Whoa, whoa, whoa. You didn't trade in the Jeep, did you?
      Nope. Taking it to the river today, in fact, before the state of Kansas goes on lockdown.

Quote Originally Posted by mikegilbert View Post
      Hell yeah! Congrats! The Ram is my favorite full size at the moment.
      Thanks! I need to bring it out to you so you could shoot some pics of it for me.

Chris
      | 20 Ram | 18 JLU Sport | 13 Altima | 01 BMW 740 iL | 74 SuperBeetle | 62 Ford Unibody |

12. 03-29-2020 11:55 AM #36
      A certain luxury German mark in Canada that I know well only sold 15 cars in a day across all of Canada last week. Sales are waaaaaay down.

03-29-2020 12:14 PM #37
      Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
      A certain luxury German mark in Canada that I know well only sold 15 cars in a day across all of Canada last week. Sales are waaaaaay down.
      I sold that many in the month of March. Not that that's even impressive, but...

Chris
      | 20 Ram | 18 JLU Sport | 13 Altima | 01 BMW 740 iL | 74 SuperBeetle | 62 Ford Unibody |

Cars
      OG 2001 Jetta 1.8t
      03-29-2020 12:25 PM #38
      Keyword is "luxury", very few people are currently looking at luxury, and they are just "looking"

Cars
      2019 Mazda 3
      03-29-2020 12:49 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by modular View Post
      Took advantage of the Ford deal. Let the crowd plowing begin.
      Congrats! Wait until this COVID-19 thing passes, crowds will be larger, will be much more entertaining.

Cars
      19 GLI S, 17 Civic LX, 16 Golf R, 91 B2600i
      03-29-2020 01:08 PM #40
      It was a little bit ago, before the county and governor declared stay at home, but after all the TP, meat, and eggs started to disappear.
      Purchase was mainly driven by the "Well, we're waiting..." thread (i.e. steep discount because manuel don't sell).
      But I was questioning my sanity all the while...first paid the dealer a visit on that big Monday market drop (the first one). Then got it the following Saturday. So, no 0% interest for me. But I do not plan on going near full term with the payments.

Plans are college commuter for one of the kids.

But I'm claiming it as my COVID-19 purchase. So there.

If you are going at a speed that causes you to run off the road before ESC can provide any assistance, you may not experience the benefits of ESC

Cars
      2012 Kia Forte EX
      03-29-2020 01:36 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by freedomgli View Post
      Brake Transmission Shift Interlock (BTSI) is a safety technology that is intended to prevent children from accidentally putting a vehicle into gear. The technology forces the driver to have their foot on the brake, in all key positions, when shifting out of park.

On February 28, 2008, the ‘‘Cameron Gulbransen Kids Transportation Safety Act of 2007’’ (the K.T. Safety Act, or ‘‘Act’’) was signed into law and it has been a requirement under Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 114 Theft protection and rollaway prevention for vehicles manufactured since September 1, 2010. In other words, model year 2011 and newer vehicles, although many manufacturers had BTSI before then and many who didn’t started phasing it in beginning in 2006/07 as the writing was already on the wall. Although not an “economically significant” rule, it has undoubtedly saved hundreds of lives.

https://www.safetyresearch.net/blog/...ift-interlocks

https://www.govinfo.gov/content/pkg/.../2010-7078.pdf

https://www.ecfr.gov/cgi-bin/text-id..._1114&rgn=div8
      TIL the Brake Shift Interlock wasn't mandated *before* this. I figured it happened after the Audi scare of the 80's

Cars
      '19 4Runner TRD Offroad, 2012 V-Strom 650 ADV
      03-29-2020 02:11 PM #42
      While not a car, I'm purchasing a set of king coilers and rear shocks for my 'runner. Just left to decide what spring rate I need in the front. Waiting to discuss with Ben at Filthy next week.

Pretty stoked!

Cars
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      03-29-2020 02:15 PM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by antilock View Post
      That sucks that you have to press the brake to start it. In fact it reminds me of my motorcycle that required me to press the clutch in while starting it. Which I was happy to bypass. Good riddance.
      You have to push in the brake with every automatic car that has push button start...

And you have to push in the clutch on any manual car to start it...

Have you never driven a car before?
      iain

20. 03-29-2020 02:21 PM #44

In general, this is accurate. However, the Tahoe and Yukon seem to be immune to the depreciation that the Escalade, and nearly all Ford products are infected with. Go look up used prices for 3-4 year old ones. Upper 40's, low 50s. I would not say that is bad considering transaction prices for these are in the high 60s, low 70s. There is nothing else in the market, except the ancient Sequoia. The Expedition does awful on resale, along with the Armada. In the BOF 3 row world, Yukon/Tahoe will hold their value the best. Sequoia might do better, but it is not a competitive product.

21. 03-29-2020 02:22 PM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      The domestic trucks and SUV's hold their value quite a bit better than their European counterparts.

All new vehicles take a dive in value, particularly when the new model comes out, but relatively speaking, a 4x4 domestic truck or full size SUV is a solid gamble compared to the competition.

If anyone was really worried, they could just buy something 3-4 years old. Granted, you're still going to spend $30,000-40,000 but then you could drive it for 3-5 years without taking too big of a hit.

Case in point -

https://www.autosofozarks.com/vdp/15...-Home-AR-72653

And just for sh*ts and giggles, here is a 2013 with 99,000 miles on it for $24,900. https://www.autosofozarks.com/vdp/13...-Home-AR-72653

Comparatively speaking, they hold their value incredibly well. It's not fair to talk about how hard of a hit they take when brand new, because that's all cars.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jimgorz.../#47f4cf926675

Full size SUV with best retention - Tahoe.
      Exactly, just made this same post, without the references. His post was completely inaccurate.

Cars
      04 Expedition, 72 Pontiac Catalina, 12 Fusion V6, 72 Yamaha XS-2, 06 Speed Triple
      03-29-2020 02:35 PM #46
      I went into a motorcycle dealer yesterday thinking I may be able to score a deal. In the end they tacked on 25% worth of hidden fees to their advertised price and I just walked away. Apparently they don't need the sell as bad as I was thinking they did.

23. 03-29-2020 03:14 PM #47
      Nice truck. What's with the trigonometry formulas underneath the center console lid?

24. Member
      Cars
      2013 Corolla, TBA
      03-29-2020 03:52 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by initiation View Post
      Nice truck. What's with the trigonometry formulas underneath the center console lid?
      Construction = math

There's a SAE to metric conversion chart in there too

03-29-2020 04:05 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      You have to push in the brake with every automatic car that has push button start...
      It applies to all light vehicles under 10k lbs gvwr and automatic transmission w/ “park” position built on or after September 1, 2010, except trailers and motorcycles.

Rules regarding engine start stop buttons are a different regulation outside the scope of btsi. As are rules regarding automatic engine start stop functionality.

03-29-2020 04:08 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by rickhamilton620 View Post
      TIL the Brake Shift Interlock wasn't mandated *before* this. I figured it happened after the Audi scare of the 80's
      You’d think. But never underestimate the desire for bean counters to shave pennies from the cost of building a car so that the company can spend millions down the road in legal fees and settlements.

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast