Fourtitude.com - Active GM Truck Forum
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 03-24-2020 09:43 PM #1
      Anyone know of a good one that gets decent activity?

With this 0% for 84 months, I made a low ball offer on a leftover 2019 Yukon Denali and the dealer accepted. Unfortunately, it has the Ultimate Black Edition package, which includes some wheels I am not a fan of. I'm looking to trade them out for the stock wheels.

It seems I can't find a good GM Truck discussion forum. For Example, VWVortex is fairly active, I know of a few e46 M3 boards, but how can some of the most common trucks in the world not have a good forum?

These are the wheels, btw. Not a deal breaker, but if someone wants them, and will swap me their stock ones, I would be happy.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      GX, Taco, Tiguan, bikes
      03-24-2020 10:14 PM #2
      I'd recommend either giving it a couple months to see if you get used to them, or buy a set of stock wheels and carefully store these wheels. If you ever sell this truck the missing special edition wheels will seriously hurt resale value.

4. 03-24-2020 11:05 PM #3
      Really? It's not like they're rare, this configuration was the most common one around me actually.

These are the wheels I want to switch to:

Cars
      It varies.
      03-25-2020 08:59 AM #4
      You could try gm-trucks.com or gmfullsize.com. There's probably a subreddit for T1xx trucks and I would also keep an eye on craigslist for the wheels you want if they're common.

BTW-nice truck.
      Now this was a superior machine. Ten grand worth of gimmicks and high-priced special effects. The rear windows lit up with a touch like frogs in a dynamite pond. The dashboard was full of esoteric lights and dials and meters that I would never understand.

6. Member
      Cars
      '19 RS3, '19 SQ5, '20 Silverado RST
      03-25-2020 09:17 AM #5
      Just bought a 2020 Silverado and found this:

https://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/

I would recommend staying away from the 0%. You lose a significant cash incentive - it was $6,000 on my $55k MSRP truck. If you have the credit rating to get the GM 0/84, you can probably get a low enough APR through another vendor that will actually have you paying less per month and over the duration of the loan.
      2019 RS3 - APR Stage 1 // 538WHP/510WTQ // 10.96 @ 126.5
      2019 SQ5 - stock
      2020 Silverado RST 5.3L - stock

Cars
      17 Golf Alltrack S, 08 Yukon XL
      03-25-2020 09:31 AM #6
      I have received a good amount of help here: https://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/
      CLICK * POINT * CHUTE

Cars
      '17 Tundra, '16 3 GT
      03-25-2020 09:49 AM #7
      Just wanted to say congrats OP!

Hoping my brother upgrades to a Suburban at some point from his ancient Trailblazer. I was raised in a GM family.

I dislike how no one seems to do "large outside/disproportionally small inside" like GM/domestics. IMO, XL/Suburban is necessary if you need true full-size passenger/cargo volume.

Personally prefer smaller 17-18" wheels with taller sidewall all-terrain tires, but that's me. I think GM uses Goodyear Duratrac's too, a nice A/T tire.

Can't believe the deals these days! Nice to hear about dealers willing to play ball. Local Audi dealer has FOUR new '19 RS3 (and 1 new '20) with minimal discount (3-4K). Guess they want to keep paying floor plan 'til the end of time!

Also love the Armada in this segment, our neighbors have one. "What do we covet most Clarice?" "That which we see every day..."
      Current: '17 Tundra, '16 3 GT
      Past/Sold: '13 Evo, '08 Si, '12 Mustang GT, '03 Evo VIII, '01 Golf 1.8T

9. 03-25-2020 10:43 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Pnuu View Post
      I'd recommend either giving it a couple months to see if you get used to them, or buy a set of stock wheels and carefully store these wheels. If you ever sell this truck the missing special edition wheels will seriously hurt resale value.
      Yes, keep them dont swap them. When you sell later, i promise someone will ask about the factory wheels. I would contact any aftermarket wheel/rim shop near you. A lot of times, they have take offs for guys that want to do 26", 28" etc. Certainly the ones that are rent to own always have take offs as they give credits for turning factory wheels in. You may even be able to see if any other dealer has anything laying around. My buddy drives an F150 and got his larger factory wheels from a ford parts department. Owner traded a truck with a different factory wheel on, Dealer swapped it to the correct edition wheels and took off what was on the truck. This is the other reason why I mention some want the correct wheels on the car or truck.

Cars
      2006 GMC Yukon Denali, 1987 Ford Thunderbird TurboCoupe
      03-25-2020 10:53 AM #9

11. 03-25-2020 11:43 AM #10
      Had no idea the factory wheels mattered this much. My plan was to still get OEM GMC wheels, just not the ones that came with the package. I guess I understand your points though, if I see a car with non-factory wheels, unless I specifically want them, they lower the value of the car.

Cash on the hood was only $4500, so payments are still lower with 84 months. Doubt a regular bank is going to offer sub 3% for 84 months, which would keep payments close. Incentive probably going up in April, but the pickings are getting slim for 2019s, that qualify for the 84 months. Wanted to make sure we could get black/black combo.

Cars
      GX, Taco, Tiguan, bikes
      03-25-2020 11:53 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by shimps1 View Post
      Had no idea the factory wheels mattered this much. My plan was to still get OEM GMC wheels, just not the ones that came with the package. I guess I understand your points though, if I see a car with non-factory wheels, unless I specifically want them, they lower the value of the car.

Cash on the hood was only $4500, so payments are still lower with 84 months. Doubt a regular bank is going to offer sub 3% for 84 months, which would keep payments close. Incentive probably going up in April, but the pickings are getting slim for 2019s, that qualify for the 84 months. Wanted to make sure we could get black/black combo.
      Factory wheels are usually the best quality until you get to a high performance race wheel.

But in this specific case, the "Ultimate Black Edition" wheels will definitely be important to a buyer who wants a truck with this package and is willing to pay for it. For that kind of buyer, having the special wheels in brand new condition and carefully stored would even be a perk.

So definitely find some OEM take-offs and keep these wheels. Checking with the dealership and wheel/tire shops is a good idea as others said.

Cars
      2016 Mazda 6
      03-25-2020 05:33 PM #12
      Where are you located? It sounds obvious, but trying looking on CL and Facebook Marketplace in your area. Around here, there's a guy who runs a business specializing in takeoffs for full-size trucks and SUVs, and another guy who does the same for Jeeps. They both advertise heavily on CL. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, odds are there's someone or someplace similar within a reasonable distance of you.
      Current: 2016 Mazda 6 Grand Touring
      Departed: 2008 Mazda 3 | 1997 Mazda MX-6 LS V6 | 1996 Ford Probe | 1986 Ford Mustang GT | 1983 VW GTI

14. 03-25-2020 06:46 PM #13
      Quote Originally Posted by retro_rocket View Post
      Where are you located? It sounds obvious, but trying looking on CL and Facebook Marketplace in your area. Around here, there's a guy who runs a business specializing in takeoffs for full-size trucks and SUVs, and another guy who does the same for Jeeps. They both advertise heavily on CL. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, odds are there's someone or someplace similar within a reasonable distance of you.
      Located in Des Moines, IA. Unfortunately, not a big enough town to have people doing that.

15. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Cars
      2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
      03-25-2020 07:04 PM #14
      IMO you'd be best off just buying the set you want, swap over the tires, and resell your wheels. In the short term a lot of money will be moving around but in the long term you'll be out very little if anything.

Wheels like the ones you want on ebay w/free shipping. $1400
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/22-GMC-Sier...4AAOSw2gxYpNCR

Wheels like the ones you don't want on ebay. $1500
      https://www.ebay.com/itm/22-GMC-Yuko...MAAOSwYPJeN6KW
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

Cars
      2016 Mazda 6
      03-25-2020 07:12 PM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by shimps1 View Post
      Located in Des Moines, IA. Unfortunately, not a big enough town to have people doing that.
      I wouldn't be so sure about that

https://desmoines.craigslist.org/search/wta?query=take

Bunch of listings in the CL wheel and tire classifieds for new takeoff Chevy and GMC truck/SUV wheels. Looks like many are from the same 1 or 2 people - maybe try giving them a call, odds are they deal heavily in takeoffs and would be interested in yours.
      Current: 2016 Mazda 6 Grand Touring
      Departed: 2008 Mazda 3 | 1997 Mazda MX-6 LS V6 | 1996 Ford Probe | 1986 Ford Mustang GT | 1983 VW GTI

17. Member
      Cars
      2017 Chevrolet SS 6M
      03-25-2020 10:12 PM #16
      Damn, nice pickup.
      Quote Originally Posted by Broduski View Post
      TCL would suggest a Bi-Turbo to a single mother of 4 just for sh*t's and giggles.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      Here we can all drive like Colin McRae in his prime, earn $25k a month and bang super models. We can also text and drive.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      You only live once, and you can file for Chapter 7 Bankruptcy every 8 years.