Fourtitude.com - Bay Area folks under 'shelter in place': are you going for a drive?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
      Cars
      2019 GTI, 2004 R32, 2016 GLI (wifey)
      03-25-2020 11:31 AM #151
      Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      Kudos. The fact that people aren't getting that is perplexing, infuriating, and sad.

I lost mom a couple of years ago and dad before that. Mom was 92 and dad 94, so I'm glad it didn't hit back then or I would've been in full freak-out mode, as I was a critical link in getting them food and supplies. Dad was at a nursing home at the end and wouldn't have been able to see anyone at all, even Mom. Neither of them could Skype, and getting food to mom would've been an exercise in virus mitigation. I've come up with ways in my head to make her exposure as close to zero as I could, but that would've been frustrating to say the least.

I can't imagine finding out or figuring out later (or never knowing for sure) that I killed my own mother.

It's no different for strangers. Taking this seriously is seen as laughable by some, but anyone who thinks that is seriously deficient in some area or another.
      Exactly.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Senior Member
      Cars
      KAR 120C
      03-25-2020 12:55 PM #152
      Quote Originally Posted by kiznarsh View Post
      Maybe you guys can move to some place smaller?

How did you get that aerial photo? We specifically requested no such photos be published in the Architectural Digest piece.

4. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      LS3 Malibu, Mid Engined Camry
      03-25-2020 01:05 PM #153
      Quote Originally Posted by Numbersix View Post
      How did you get that aerial photo? We specifically requested no such photos be published in the Architectural Digest piece.
      NSA drone footage is easy to come across if you know the right people. Chemtrails are real and coronavirus is just a government ploy to get us all vaccinated.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. #TeamAkane. Donate to help a wonderful family kick cancers ass
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I値l be there, front row.

5. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      03-25-2020 01:17 PM #154
      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      NSA drone footage is easy to come across if you know the right people. Chemtrails are real and coronavirus is just a government ploy to get us all vaccinated.
      Don't trust Big Vaccine.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      maybe its just me, but i wouldnt put anything in the circle of "unrealistic" when it comes to sex.

6. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Cars
      SR71 C30 t53a/b/b
      03-25-2020 01:24 PM #155
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      Don't trust Big Vaccine.
      What will hurt is when Big Needle gets implemented.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.
      Buy my couch!

7. Senior Member
      Cars
      KAR 120C
      03-25-2020 01:29 PM #156
      You subscribe to the newsletter too, I see.

8. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      03-25-2020 01:30 PM #157
      Quote Originally Posted by Numbersix View Post
      You subscribe to the newsletter too, I see.
      I知 not just a subscriber, I知 also an author.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. #TeamAkane. Donate to help a wonderful family kick cancers ass
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I値l be there, front row.

9. Member
      Cars
      2005 Acura TSX
      03-25-2020 01:48 PM #158
      Don't trust Big Vaccine.
      coronavirus causes vaccines!

10. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Cars
      2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
      03-25-2020 04:27 PM #159
      As Maury would say, the results are in!

Date: Total cases
      1/31: First case
      3/1: 7
      3/5: 20 (+185%)
      3/10: 45 (+125%)
      3/15: 114 (+153%)
      3/20: 196 (+71%)
      3/25: 375 (+91%)

Again too soon to tell but IMO we're doing pretty well. Check out this article from the SF Chronicle comparing NYC to the Bay Area. The headline says it all "New York state has 10 times the COVID-19 cases California has. Why?" Part of the answer is more testing but the real answer can be seen via the chart below...

*Important note: Many Bay Area companies and most all of Silicon Valley tech companies started implementing work from home policies starting March 9th.
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

11. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Cars
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      03-25-2020 04:37 PM #160
      Quote Originally Posted by chucchinchilla View Post
      Thanks for posting that.

I was having a discussion with a doofus who didn't know "why we're doing all of this" and "we should wait to see if..." I wanted to yell at her through the computer.

It's funny, but I'm not good at math. I am, however, good at the concepts of math. How people can't/don't/won't see the runaway cases of this without early implementation of these orders is beyond my comprehension.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

12. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      03-25-2020 04:40 PM #161

*Important note: Many Bay Area companies and most all of Silicon Valley tech companies started implementing work from home policies starting March 9th.
      Yeah, that's a huge part of it. The Peninsula went pretty dark the first week of March. Thank god.

It'll be interesting to see how many waves of shelter in place we'll have to go through before we get a vaccine in place.

Cars
      987.2 | GTI
      03-25-2020 06:31 PM #162
      Yeah, that's a huge part of it. The Peninsula went pretty dark the first week of March. Thank god.

It'll be interesting to see how many waves of shelter in place we'll have to go through before we get a vaccine in place.
      Motion to set up vaccine injection stations at canyons road entrances.

14. 03-25-2020 07:28 PM #163
      Id say also the reason why less cases in commiefornia because less density than NYC everyone is literally on top of eachother.

Newsom is still a tool

Cars
      Present: 991.1 GT3 Past: ND MX-5, GVB STI
      03-25-2020 07:30 PM #164
      Don't trust Big Vaccine.
      I'm skipping the COVID-19 vaccine, obviously.

16. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Cars
      03-25-2020 07:30 PM #165

3/25: 375 (+91%)
      mfers, once again thanks to an end of day update I have to update my list itt for future reference..

3/25: 459 (+134%)

In case you're wondering that's an increase of 84 cases from earlier today. My statements still stand that we're doing a good job but damn, that's disappointing.

17. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      03-25-2020 07:43 PM #166
      mfers, once again thanks to an end of day update I have to update my list itt for future reference..

3/25: 459 (+134%)

In case you're wondering that's an increase of 84 cases from earlier today. My statements still stand that we're doing a good job but damn, that's disappointing.
      And as we finally start testing more there's going to be a spike.

Cars
      1987 944 S, 2003 S2000, 2011 E90 M3, 2013 Mazda 3, 2014 4Runner Trail
      03-25-2020 08:23 PM #167
      Quote Originally Posted by ImpeccableNEW View Post
      Id say also the reason why less cases in commiefornia because less density than NYC everyone is literally on top of eachother.

Newsom is still a tool

He is, but he's done a good job managing this so far, and he deserves credit for it. He was quick to shut down all schools and issue requests for what is essentially a lockdown in an effective manner. While some of his and his predecessor's policies aren't the best in terms of California's economic health, IMO, going heavy with prevention on the coronavirus is key to ensuring we get back to our pre-coronavirus economy sooner than later.

The issue in NY, aside from the high density, is that NYC seems to elect interesting characters as mayor, and if it wasn't for their governor making the necessary calls, de Blasio had no clue as to what to do.

19. Member
      Cars
      E46 M3, 90 Series Landcruiser, Kluger
      03-25-2020 11:52 PM #168
      Meanwhile in Australia...

- Schools are open. Well at least if you want to send your kid, you can (I have my three learning from home, they are all HS age). NFI why we haven't closed them yet
      - Essential services are open. Including hairdressers. NFI why hairdressing is essential.
      - Everyone else is at home.

Our Gvt is tripping over itself left and right. So many decisions just do not make practical sense.

Cars
      Present: 991.1 GT3 Past: ND MX-5, GVB STI
      03-26-2020 01:40 AM #169
      Quote Originally Posted by MVZOOM View Post

- Schools are open. Well at least if you want to send your kid, you can (I have my three learning from home, they are all HS age). NFI why we haven't closed them yet
      - Essential services are open. Including hairdressers. NFI why hairdressing is essential.

Our Gvt is tripping over itself left and right. So many decisions just do not make practical sense.
      Damn. Hang in there, man.

Cars
      Clownshoe, x5 3.5d, Tesla 3
      03-26-2020 12:21 PM #170
      Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      He is, but he's done a good job managing this so far, and he deserves credit for it. He was quick to shut down all schools and issue requests for what is essentially a lockdown in an effective manner. While some of his and his predecessor's policies aren't the best in terms of California's economic health, IMO, going heavy with prevention on the coronavirus is key to ensuring we get back to our pre-coronavirus economy sooner than later.

The issue in NY, aside from the high density, is that NYC seems to elect interesting characters as mayor, and if it wasn't for their governor making the necessary calls, de Blasio had no clue as to what to do.
      Newsom's probably got his picture in the dictionary under the word "politician", but I kinda like the guy. But yeah, he's politicking so hard. But he's also *making good, tough decisions* which is all we can ask for. And say what you want about Governor Brown, but he was very prudent, and he's the *reason* we have a $20bn "rainy day" fund instead of having spent it all on the wishlist social programs that (frankly) could have helped a lot of people, improved schools, whatever. And you bet your ass we're gonna need that $20bn when tax receipts dry up this year, since we're so dependent on the boom and bust cycle of taxes from RSUs and other stock sales.

Quote Originally Posted by MVZOOM View Post

To be fair, you're just doing what *literally* every single area is doing. Utterly failing to learn from anyone else. I'd reading a thread right now from some dude in North Dakota who thinks things are too draconian there, because the virus isn't there *yet*. You see that in Alaska, too. You saw it in Hawaii, where cruise ships were continuing to disgorge passengers as usual even, I think, a week ago.
      And nationwide, in the US, where we also have utterly incompetent leadership at the top, China's problem couldn't happen here. Italy's problem couldn't happen here. Washington's problem couldn't happen here. California's problem couldn't happen here.

I guess the good thing about our federal system is, if enough states take action, pretty soon the feds have to begrudgingly follow.
      Dash cam people suck. Don't be a dash cam person.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravenport View Post
      this thread is a mess, I can't tell if it's full of trolls or idiots and I'm not sure it matters

Cars
      2016 A6 2.0T Quattro
      03-26-2020 12:41 PM #171

Cars
      1987 944 S, 2003 S2000, 2011 E90 M3, 2013 Mazda 3, 2014 4Runner Trail
      03-26-2020 01:42 PM #172
      Quote Originally Posted by smoothsix View Post
      Newsom's probably got his picture in the dictionary under the word "politician", but I kinda like the guy. But yeah, he's politicking so hard. But he's also *making good, tough decisions* which is all we can ask for. And say what you want about Governor Brown, but he was very prudent, and he's the *reason* we have a $20bn "rainy day" fund instead of having spent it all on the wishlist social programs that (frankly) could have helped a lot of people, improved schools, whatever. And you bet your ass we're gonna need that $20bn when tax receipts dry up this year, since we're so dependent on the boom and bust cycle of taxes from RSUs and other stock sales.

Your comments are Newson are better said that my attempt at it, and I wholeheartedly agree.

As for Brown, it was always his approach to be fiscally prudent, and he did good in that respect, but at a long term cost, imo. As a small business owner, doing anything involving manufacturing or production of goods is extremely challenging in CA, between high and multiple taxes, and other fees (indirect taxes), generally extreme regulation, making it very hard to get something off the ground and running.

By no means am I blaming Brown for all of that, as his policies mainly tried to adjust for years of poor fiscal policy. But I simply felt he went too far, and did too little in cutting back on some state spending.

Anyhow, on the entire COVID-19 issue, I sure hope we get mass testing available soon. Without it, we're all playing a guessing game for a very long time.

And kids were right all along: everyone has cooties, or we're supposed to act like they do!

24. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      03-26-2020 01:46 PM #173
      Quote Originally Posted by 2000JettaGLXVR6 View Post

25. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Cars
      03-26-2020 04:18 PM #174
      Quote Originally Posted by 2000JettaGLXVR6 View Post
      that feel when you arrive at the supermarket
      Just got back from Safeway and Trader Joes. Came back and was requested to throw clothes in the wash and take a shower...made me think of guys being drenched in decontamination spray.

Cars
      1975 280Z/2012 Maxima SV/2012 Chevy Cruze eco
      03-26-2020 05:54 PM #175
      Just got back from Safeway and Trader Joes. Came back and was requested to throw clothes in the wash and take a shower...made me think of guys being drenched in decontamination spray.
      Yikes!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast