Fourtitude.com - Bay Area folks under 'shelter in place': are you going for a drive?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    1. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Cars
      2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
      03-23-2020 04:06 PM #101
      Quote Originally Posted by corrado-correr View Post
      this is so epic. a++++++ would watch again.
      I clicked not wanting to watch laugh at a funny video and then the punchline. Well done.
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Senior Member
      Cars
      KAR 120C
      03-23-2020 04:07 PM #102
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      That's what I appreciates about ya.
      Oh, is *that* what you appreciate about me, Squirrely CP?

4. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Cars
      03-23-2020 05:13 PM #103
      Back to the OP, this weekend I did notice a fair number of classic cars on the roads which did make me a bit jealous as I miss driving mine dearly. Yes I'm making assumptions about what they were doing but I don't believe it's essential that you cruise the high streets in a Model A Ford. Oh well, my classics are staying in the garage. Instead of going for a drive I went for a bike ride and wow the bike paths were loaded with people. Loaded. Makes me think in these crazy times where most leisure activities have been cut, people are taking the opportunity to rediscover simply going for a walk/bike ride which is a positive thing.

5. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      LS3 Malibu, Mid Engined Camry
      03-23-2020 06:21 PM #104
      Quote Originally Posted by chucchinchilla View Post
      Back to the OP, this weekend I did notice a fair number of classic cars on the roads which did make me a bit jealous as I miss driving mine dearly. Yes I'm making assumptions about what they were doing but I don't believe it's essential that you cruise the high streets in a Model A Ford. Oh well, my classics are staying in the garage. Instead of going for a drive I went for a bike ride and wow the bike paths were loaded with people. Loaded. Makes me think in these crazy times where most leisure activities have been cut, people are taking the opportunity to rediscover simply going for a walk/bike ride which is a positive thing.
      Yeah but they're totally missing the point about sheltering in place. I live on a walking path, and yesterday there was a 20 person pile up/traffic jam. Guys. That's not the point of this.

My friends relative pinched a nerve in his back, and asked to be taken to the hospital since he's in searing hot pain. He got to the hospital, saw what it looked like, and had my friend take him back home. He said it scared the hell out of him how it was overrun, and looked like ET where everyone is all kitted up and things are sealed.

It's why I'm not driving. That's all I need. Make a mistake, stack the car, and end up in a hospital right now in NorCal? ExCUSE me seriously? Please and THANK YOU? (gotta keep the Letterkenny vibin)
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. Iíll be there, front row.

6. Member
      03-23-2020 06:32 PM #105
      Agreed with all of the above.

Some of my neighbors have been pushing me to go for a drive. It's simply just not worth the risk.

Cars
      08 Infiniti Guido35x, 74 Datsun Z
      03-23-2020 06:45 PM #106
      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post

It's why I'm not driving. That's all I need. Make a mistake, stack the car, and end up in a hospital right now in NorCal? ExCUSE me seriously? Please and THANK YOU? (gotta keep the Letterkenny vibin)
      That's a hard no bud! Last thing ya needs is ta be ditch bangin in yer SS cause yer sniper in the co-pilot chair said she's got the scoots mid corner. Ball 'er up into the tulies so hard the medics gots ta cut ya out and now yer en route to emerge where it's nothin but Covid cases.
      Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      yes, i am bored by FWD driving dynamics, and anyone who doesn't drive there cars to the limits and the beyond.

Cars
      Present: F87 M2C Past: 991.1 GT3, ND MX-5, GVB STI
      03-23-2020 07:48 PM #107
      It seems they've closed down the bars and restaurants, so people are congregating in parks and beaches. Won't be long before those get completely banned as well. I get going outside and taking a walk, but if too many people do that all at one spot, then we have the same problem.

Below the glide path to KAUS, Outside COTA
      Cars
      Dodge, Hyundai, Toyota, VW
      03-23-2020 07:51 PM #108
      Quote Originally Posted by Meroving1an View Post
      It seems they've closed down the bars and restaurants, so people are congregating in parks and beaches. Won't be long before those get completely banned as well. I get going outside and taking a walk, but if too many people do that all at one spot, then we have the same problem.
      If people want to be stupid I just hope it is them or their family that pay the price and not anyone else.

10. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      03-23-2020 08:00 PM #109
      Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Eddie View Post
      That's a hard no bud! Last thing ya needs is ta be ditch bangin in yer SS cause yer sniper in the co-pilot chair said she's got the scoots mid corner. Ball 'er up into the tulies so hard the medics gots ta cut ya out and now yer en route to emerge where it's nothin but Covid cases.
      Does a duck with a boner drag weeds?
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. Iíll be there, front row.

11. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7, 2008 A6
      03-23-2020 09:08 PM #110
      Does a duck with a boner drag weeds?
      Youíre made of spare parts, arenít you, bud?
      Instagram - efrie004

You take that fake rich sled back to the toothless masses and rub their stupid meth faces in your success. Do it for me.

12. Semi-n00b
      03-24-2020 01:48 AM #111
      Saturday, went for a drive in my new (1 month ago) to me silver 2012 Carrera S with some friends and their black 2016 Carrera GTS and red 2007 Targa 4S.

Fun day of driving with friends, ended up driving about 100 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      03-24-2020 05:44 AM #112
      Lovely.

14. Member
      03-24-2020 11:18 AM #113
      Yeah but they're totally missing the point about sheltering in place. I live on a walking path, and yesterday there was a 20 person pile up/traffic jam. Guys. That's not the point of this.

My friends relative pinched a nerve in his back, and asked to be taken to the hospital since he's in searing hot pain. He got to the hospital, saw what it looked like, and had my friend take him back home. He said it scared the hell out of him how it was overrun, and looked like ET where everyone is all kitted up and things are sealed.

Man, I got lucky then. I cut my hand about two and a half weeks ago and went to the ER and other than people having face masks on and making sure I didn't have any symptoms, the ER was pretty empty. When I went to the local clinic to get my stitches out a week later, they handed me a mask as soon as I walked through the door. I can't imagine what it'll be like in a few weeks as things get worse.

Cars
      '15 STi & '16 .:R
      03-24-2020 11:53 AM #114
      Quote Originally Posted by Raguvian View Post
      I've been to three stores today looking for distilled water, and all the stores have sold out of it.

Who is hoarding and drinking distilled water?!
      Because the stores are out of regular bottled water, all they have left is distilled water. But I guess that's even getting bought up now.
      iain

Quote Originally Posted by GoLfUnV View Post
      he stuck his thumb into my butt cheek, held it there for 2-3 minutes, and i haven't had any pain since.

16. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      03-24-2020 11:56 AM #115
      Quote Originally Posted by Hostile View Post
      Because the stores are out of regular bottled water, all they have left is distilled water. But I guess that's even getting bought up now.
      I live on the water, so I just plan on channeling my memories of ďThe Voyage of the MimiĒ and making a solar still. We made those in 5th grade so Iím sure that knowledge will just come running back.

Cars
      2019 GTI, 2004 R32, 2016 GLI
      03-24-2020 12:14 PM #116
      Here is my issue: I have a 76 year old mother who is locked into her first floor apartment for weeks and needs some socialization. She lives 5 hours away in a state that is now "shelter in place". My state will probably have that order in a few days as well.

I am thinking about driving down to talk to her through her first floor window (closed window and talk on the phone) so she doesn't get even more depressed. I have sort of preplanned the trip: bring my own food, I would only need to stop once for gas. Outside contact would be extremely minimal. My wife and I have a box of latex gloves left over from when her dad was alive so staying clean to pump gas wont be an issue(had dementia and incontinence issues)I have been trying to get her to download Zoom, but she wont. She has an android, I have an iPhone, so easy video calls are out. I think me talking to her through the window for an hour would be more uplifting then a phone call or video call.

Will I even get stopped? if so, will I be arrested or fined?

Is it worth the minimal risk to bring an hour of happiness to a shut in?

18. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      03-24-2020 12:16 PM #117
      Set up a meeting on Zoom. Even if it takes the two of you an hour long phone call to figure it out, itís better than being shut in.

I donít think youíll get fined, but who knows. Enforcement of that seems to be all over the map.

Cars
      03-24-2020 12:18 PM #118
      Set up a meeting on Zoom. Even if it takes the two of you an hour long phone call to figure it out, itís better than being shut in.

I donít think youíll get fined, but who knows. Enforcement of that seems to be all over the map.
      That's what I've been trying to do (Zoom), but she is refusing for some stupid reason.

Another issue is that she had terrible internet and cell reception in her apartment. Half the time my calls never get answered and when they do, call drops happen. A lot. She isn't on a national carrier for some reason, just a state cell carrier.
      Last edited by vwlifer27; 03-24-2020 at 12:21 PM.

Cars
      Present: F87 M2C Past: 991.1 GT3, ND MX-5, GVB STI
      03-24-2020 12:21 PM #119
      Quote Originally Posted by bertauy View Post
      Saturday, went for a drive in my new (1 month ago) to me silver 2012 Carrera S with some friends and their black 2016 Carrera GTS and red 2007 Targa 4S.

Greetings, comrades!

21. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Cars
      03-24-2020 12:21 PM #120
      I live on the water, so I just plan on channeling my memories of ďThe Voyage of the MimiĒ and making a solar still. We made those in 5th grade so Iím sure that knowledge will just come running back.
      Wow, haven't thought about that show since I was a kid. Just looked it up and apparently the main kid in the show was Ben Affleck.

Meanwhile the restoration shop we're sending our Bus to has been trying for weeks to arrange shipment of the car from Sonoma to Silverton, Oregon. Finally got an update from the shop owner this morning regarding the situation and he said "I have talked to a few truckers and they said they are talking the next few weeks off. Donít understand why, no one is in the truck with them while they drive. We do have it on the board so I am hopeful soon. " Yes there are worse things in the world right now, but it would have been nice knowing at least the Bus is making progress while the rest of us ride out the quarantine.

22. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      03-24-2020 12:21 PM #121
      Quote Originally Posted by vwlifer27 View Post
      That's what I've been trying to do (Zoom), but she is refusing for some stupid reason.
      Odd. Well Iíd recommend do whatever it takes to secure her mental health. Iím on daily video conferences with some of my friends for that very reason. Amazing how blowing up a routine can kick start depression in some people.

Cars
      03-24-2020 12:23 PM #122
      Odd. Well Iíd recommend do whatever it takes to secure her mental health. Iím on daily video conferences with some of my friends for that very reason. Amazing how blowing up a routine can kick start depression in some people.
      Agreed. She is an odd bird.

Zoom is where its at though. Wife and I have been having Zoom meeting with her mom, sister and sisters kids, aunt and uncle while playing online games through Jackbox.tv. Its actually pretty fun.

24. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      03-24-2020 12:36 PM #123
      Quote Originally Posted by vwlifer27 View Post
      Agreed. She is an odd bird.

Zoom is where its at though. Wife and I have been having Zoom meeting with her mom, sister and sisters kids, aunt and uncle while playing online games through Jackbox.tv. Its actually pretty fun.
      My favorite has been our Zoom happy hour. I notice my single friends who live alone needs more Zoom time than others.

Quote Originally Posted by chucchinchilla View Post
      Wow, haven't thought about that show since I was a kid. Just looked it up and apparently the main kid in the show was Ben Affleck. :
      Ben Affleck? What?? Now I gotta look that up.

And that shop owner is an idiot.

Cars
      987.1 Cayman S, GMT800
      03-24-2020 01:07 PM #124
      Quote Originally Posted by bertauy View Post

I'm sorry, but I have to ask. Not only are you not following guidelines to shelter in place (assuming you're in a place with such order), but you also have to park in the most obnoxious way possible in order to take low quality photos in front of nondescript backdrops. Why?

26. Senior Member
      Cars
      KAR 120C
      03-24-2020 01:09 PM #125
      Single folks definitely need socialization...but dammit, so do I. Even living with someone, we hardly see each other through the day (work in different parts of the house) and then may or may not be in the same room during the evening, unless we have Zoom/FaceTime gatherings with friends/family.

I'm on a daily with both of my parents, either FaceTime or phone. Mom is one state away and recently had surgery, so I'm especially concerned about her, but all of them are squarely in the age danger zone.

WA state went to shelter in place last night (about a week too late, IMO). Won't change my behaviour other than I'll just be doing delivery from restaurants instead of having gone to do pickup twice in the past 2 weeks.

Not driving at all unless it's important for the same reasons Brendan stated. Last thing I need is someone in an Excursion to run a light and t-bone me, sending me to the ER...especially given certain ER's here have waiting lines out the door right now. (No joke.)

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast