Fourtitude.com - Bay Area folks under 'shelter in place': are you going for a drive?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    Results 126 to 150 of 514
    1. Member Icantdrive65's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 7th, 2001
      Location
      Santa Cruz, CA
      Posts
      2,278
      Cars
      VW Atlas, 2004 R32, 2003 Yukon XL Denali
      03-24-2020 01:38 PM #126
      Quote Originally Posted by vwlifer27 View Post
      Here is my issue: I have a 76 year old mother who is locked into her first floor apartment for weeks and needs some socialization. She lives 5 hours away in a state that is now "shelter in place". My state will probably have that order in a few days as well.

      I am thinking about driving down to talk to her through her first floor window (closed window and talk on the phone) so she doesn't get even more depressed. I have sort of preplanned the trip: bring my own food, I would only need to stop once for gas. Outside contact would be extremely minimal. My wife and I have a box of latex gloves left over from when her dad was alive so staying clean to pump gas wont be an issue(had dementia and incontinence issues)I have been trying to get her to download Zoom, but she wont. She has an android, I have an iPhone, so easy video calls are out. I think me talking to her through the window for an hour would be more uplifting then a phone call or video call.

      Will I even get stopped? if so, will I be arrested or fined?

      Is it worth the minimal risk to bring an hour of happiness to a shut in?
      The shelter-in-place orders here in the Bay Area currently allow for going out for exercise: walking, hiking, etc. Elder care is considered "essential activity" under the orders that I am familiar with. Worst case: Bring food, bottled water or toilet paper with you. If you get stopped, explain that you are bringing essential supplies to your mother. So far, it's not that you can't go out at all. Just stay away from other people.
      Bought my old R32 back in 2018 after 9 years. IG @boomerang_r32

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 28th, 2009
      Posts
      18,240
      Cars
      LS3 Malibu, Mid Engined Camry
      03-24-2020 02:29 PM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by Numbersix View Post
      Single folks definitely need socialization...but dammit, so do I. Even living with someone, we hardly see each other through the day (work in different parts of the house) and then may or may not be in the same room during the evening, unless we have Zoom/FaceTime gatherings with friends/family.

      I'm on a daily with both of my parents, either FaceTime or phone. Mom is one state away and recently had surgery, so I'm especially concerned about her, but all of them are squarely in the age danger zone.

      WA state went to shelter in place last night (about a week too late, IMO). Won't change my behaviour other than I'll just be doing delivery from restaurants instead of having gone to do pickup twice in the past 2 weeks.

      Not driving at all unless it's important for the same reasons Brendan stated. Last thing I need is someone in an Excursion to run a light and t-bone me, sending me to the ER...especially given certain ER's here have waiting lines out the door right now. (No joke.)
      Living with people helps. Having a nice back patio with a view helps. Assetto Corsa helps. Elysian Space Dusts help. Far Cry New Dawn coop helps. Letterkenny helps. Non stop texting helps. Zoom happy hours helps. Getting out of bed on time and early helps. At least you have cats to talk to. My cat is still 75 miles north of me.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

    4. Member vwlifer27's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2005
      Location
      Minneapolis
      Posts
      2,189
      Cars
      2019 GTI, 2004 R32, 2016 GLI
      03-24-2020 02:36 PM #128
      Quote Originally Posted by Icantdrive65 View Post
      The shelter-in-place orders here in the Bay Area currently allow for going out for exercise: walking, hiking, etc. Elder care is considered "essential activity" under the orders that I am familiar with. Worst case: Bring food, bottled water or toilet paper with you. If you get stopped, explain that you are bringing essential supplies to your mother. So far, it's not that you can't go out at all. Just stay away from other people.
      I was thinking of bringing those supplies as well, so it should be fine.

      But everyone is also correct, I don't need to hit a deer on the way down or get into an accident and strain the system. Just have to figure out the risk for me/vs reward for my mom.

    5. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 7th, 2001
      Location
      The Village
      Posts
      25,420
      Cars
      KAR 120C
      03-24-2020 03:52 PM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      Living with people helps. Having a nice back patio with a view helps. Assetto Corsa helps. Elysian Space Dusts help. Far Cry New Dawn coop helps. Letterkenny helps. Non stop texting helps. Zoom happy hours helps. Getting out of bed on time and early helps. At least you have cats to talk to. My cat is still 75 miles north of me.
      Yeah, we have the cats for sure. Sorry you can't have your buddy to hang with right now, B.

      Practicing all of the above (sans alcohol for me, sadly, as it's screwing with my sleep, which is already screwed up enough right now). It's remarkable how virtual connections via FaceTime really buoy the spirits.

      I can't help but thinking one thing that a lot of people may emerge from this learning is that we shouldn't take the connections with people who matter to us for granted. It's easy to get wrapped up in the 'cult of busy' and put off hanging out with people in person, letting texts/IG DM's/etc substitute.

    6. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 28th, 2009
      Posts
      18,240
      Cars
      LS3 Malibu, Mid Engined Camry
      03-24-2020 03:59 PM #130
      Quote Originally Posted by Numbersix View Post
      Yeah, we have the cats for sure. Sorry you can't have your buddy to hang with right now, B.

      Practicing all of the above (sans alcohol for me, sadly, as it's screwing with my sleep, which is already screwed up enough right now). It's remarkable how virtual connections via FaceTime really buoy the spirits.

      I can't help but thinking one thing that a lot of people may emerge from this learning is that we shouldn't take the connections with people who matter to us for granted. It's easy to get wrapped up in the 'cult of busy' and put off hanging out with people in person, letting texts/IG DM's/etc substitute.
      For sure. I'm out all the time, and spend time with people often, but I also had to have a life changing wake up call to change my life due to the cult of busy. It's nice to see that others can break free of that too.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

    7. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2004
      Location
      Southern Indiana
      Posts
      43,240
      Cars
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      03-24-2020 04:04 PM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by Numbersix View Post
      Yeah, we have the cats for sure. Sorry you can't have your buddy to hang with right now, B.

      Practicing all of the above (sans alcohol for me, sadly, as it's screwing with my sleep, which is already screwed up enough right now). It's remarkable how virtual connections via FaceTime really buoy the spirits.

      I can't help but thinking one thing that a lot of people may emerge from this learning is that we shouldn't take the connections with people who matter to us for granted. It's easy to get wrapped up in the 'cult of busy' and put off hanging out with people in person, letting texts/IG DM's/etc substitute.
      The internet is a true Godsend right now. It allowed us to take this more seriously since we could see what was coming and it makes it much easier to deal with our isolation, as it removes an element of it. Can you imagine being away from loved ones when Scarlet Fever or one of the other sicknesses started taking people out before even the invention of the phone? Neither can I.


      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      For sure. I'm out all the time, and spend time with people often, but I also had to have a life changing wake up call to change my life due to the cult of busy. It's nice to see that others can break free of that too.
      You don't miss anything but the money, amirite? *virtual fistbump*
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

    8. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 28th, 2009
      Posts
      18,240
      Cars
      LS3 Malibu, Mid Engined Camry
      03-24-2020 04:46 PM #132
      Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      You don't miss anything but the money, amirite? *virtual fistbump*
      Not at all. Once a quarter I do these off site sales to help a friend of mine out. He pays me well, and it's always enjoyable to kick the rust off the spurs and look bad at some of the better moments. But lord knows I'm a hell of a lot happier not in retail. That was soul crushing. I hate the general public.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. Assetto Corsa Discord Link. Join us for some sim racing fun.
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

    9. Senior Member
      Join Date
      Nov 7th, 2001
      Location
      The Village
      Posts
      25,420
      Cars
      KAR 120C
      03-24-2020 05:05 PM #133
      Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      The internet is a true Godsend right now. It allowed us to take this more seriously since we could see what was coming and it makes it much easier to deal with our isolation, as it removes an element of it. Can you imagine being away from loved ones when Scarlet Fever or one of the other sicknesses started taking people out before even the invention of the phone? Neither can I.
      Oh, totally agree. We still haven't used the information we have had available to us to earliest/best advantage, but I cannot imagine what it would be like if we were relying on foreign news bureaus and cross-governmental connections for a majority of our information about this. And we are also immensely fortunate to be able to have virtual happy hours or to check in with isolated family/friends at any time.

      It's also what may keep a good deal of the population from contracting, and/or transmitting, COVID-19 as they are able to continue to work in self-isolation. Imagine if this had hit in even 2001, when nearly everyone still worked in a workplace? (Not to mention the even greater economic devastation that would come from having to shut down highly concentrated office buildings due to there being no other options.)

    10. Member Alpha-3's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 18th, 2001
      Location
      Miami,Fl
      Posts
      600
      Cars
      2014 CSG GTI
      03-24-2020 05:19 PM #134
      I have to say, it is nice to get out and about. I think it's ok as long as you are careful and keep the 'distance.'

      I got an SOS call this morning from a buddy of mine; he works for the US government, was leaving his office in downtown Miami, his car wouldn't start, would turn over but kept dying. He asked to see if I could help; I've worked on his car before.

      It was a beautiful morning for a drive, I enjoyed it. Never in years have I seen Miami traffic this sparse, it looked like the 1970's all over again. Really enjoyable ride.

      I got downtown, it's about 40mins from my house. His office is a fortress but finally found him and the car. I played with starting the car but right away noticed the ignition lock was glitchy. It didn't feel right and he had, ''NO KEY'' showing in the MFI. I had brought my laptop with VCDS, so I plugged in and scanned the car. Took one look at the report, then told him he needed a towtruck to take it to the dealer. Immobilizer issue. I checked his FOB with my multimeter, but his battery in there was good. So it wasn't the FOB. Several faults found, but my guess is they'll have to pull the steering wheel and re-do the entire lock cylinder and re-code the keys. Or -- hopefully, it's not a bad ECU. Ouch.
      We called the dealer, yes they were open and would take the car. Towtruck came, and off it went. I took my buddy home, he lives down in south Dade near me. Beautiful day out, sunroof open, very little traffic. Miami drivers actually being nice. For a change.

      Great morning out and about. Needed that!
      2014 CSG GTI

    11. Member kiznarsh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2007
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      4,360
      Cars
      987.2 | GTI
      03-24-2020 07:50 PM #135
      Quote Originally Posted by Numbersix View Post
      Single folks definitely need socialization...but dammit, so do I. Even living with someone, we hardly see each other through the day (work in different parts of the house.)
      Maybe you guys can move to some place smaller?


    12. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2004
      Location
      Southern Indiana
      Posts
      43,240
      Cars
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      03-24-2020 08:35 PM #136
      Quote Originally Posted by kiznarsh View Post
      Maybe you guys can move to some place smaller?

      I was going to joke about losing the tennis court, but then I saw the tennis court.

      All of that and only a 3-car garage? That’s criminal!
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

    13. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2004
      Location
      Southern Indiana
      Posts
      43,240
      Cars
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      03-24-2020 08:37 PM #137
      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      Not at all. Once a quarter I do these off site sales to help a friend of mine out. He pays me well, and it's always enjoyable to kick the rust off the spurs and look bad at some of the better moments. But lord knows I'm a hell of a lot happier not in retail. That was soul crushing. I hate the general public.
      Sanity is worth a whoooooole lot of money. I suspect you’re faring rather well, anyway.

      Erfolg! (Success!)

      Quote Originally Posted by Numbersix View Post
      Oh, totally agree. We still haven't used the information we have had available to us to earliest/best advantage, but I cannot imagine what it would be like if we were relying on foreign news bureaus and cross-governmental connections for a majority of our information about this. And we are also immensely fortunate to be able to have virtual happy hours or to check in with isolated family/friends at any time.

      It's also what may keep a good deal of the population from contracting, and/or transmitting, COVID-19 as they are able to continue to work in self-isolation. Imagine if this had hit in even 2001, when nearly everyone still worked in a workplace? (Not to mention the even greater economic devastation that would come from having to shut down highly concentrated office buildings due to there being no other options.)
      “Like”
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

    14. Member
      Join Date
      Mar 8th, 2015
      Posts
      199
      Cars
      2012 Golf R, 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee, 1997 Jeep ZJ
      03-24-2020 10:29 PM #138
      I’m working from home but had to set up a desktop computer the last couple days. Yesterday, I drove down to Sunnyvale from Redwood City to try and find dual monitors. Frys was completely sold out, same with Office Depot and Costco. Luckily, I found a couple monitors at Walmart. Lots of El Camino cruising in my Jeep WK2.

      Today, I had to go to the office in SSF (we’re exempt)to grab some stuff. Took the Golf R. Got back home to RWC and realized I needed to do something back at the office. Another round trip. Later on I needed a VGA cable, which could only be found at Best Buy in Mountain View. Went back to RWC and realized the office scanner I borrowed was a piece of junk, so back to Best Buy Mountain View for a scanner.

      So I drove all around the bay for a simple computer setup that I could of bought complete in one shot a couple weeks ago. Blew through a ton of gas, especially in the Jeep. Weird times.

    15. Member vwpiloto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2006
      Location
      Orange County, CA
      Posts
      12,078
      Cars
      1987 944 S, 2003 S2000, 2011 E90 M3, 2013 Mazda 3, 2014 4Runner Trail
      03-24-2020 10:42 PM #139
      Quote Originally Posted by Numbersix View Post
      Oh, totally agree. We still haven't used the information we have had available to us to earliest/best advantage, but I cannot imagine what it would be like if we were relying on foreign news bureaus and cross-governmental connections for a majority of our information about this. And we are also immensely fortunate to be able to have virtual happy hours or to check in with isolated family/friends at any time.

      It's also what may keep a good deal of the population from contracting, and/or transmitting, COVID-19 as they are able to continue to work in self-isolation. Imagine if this had hit in even 2001, when nearly everyone still worked in a workplace? (Not to mention the even greater economic devastation that would come from having to shut down highly concentrated office buildings due to there being no other options.)
      I'm optimistically hoping that this episode shows some "old-school" companies that various functions can easily be performed by an employee working remotely (e.g. from home). Not only would that reduce traffic, pollution (air and noise), but would also enable companies to use less sq ft for office space, allowing them to have either more warehouse space, or utilize smaller facilities with reduced costs, all the while not impacting their revenue and growth.

      Obviously not all jobs can be done remotely, but there are so many which can, but are not simply because of tradition and an antiquated ideology relating to productivity at home versus work.

    16. Member Elite_Deforce's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 18th, 2012
      Location
      Ottawa-Gatineau
      Posts
      8,935
      Cars
      2012 Mustang GT, 1986 Mazda RX-7 GX
      03-24-2020 10:42 PM #140
      Quote Originally Posted by Air and water do mix View Post
      I was going to joke about losing the tennis court, but then I saw the tennis court.

      All of that and only a 3-car garage? That’s criminal!
      Looks like three double-wides to me.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

    17. Member
      Join Date
      Dec 9th, 2014
      Location
      Corning, NY
      Posts
      3,040
      Cars
      2020 Toyota 86
      03-24-2020 10:54 PM #141
      Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      I'm optimistically hoping that this episode shows some "old-school" companies that various functions can easily be performed by an employee working remotely (e.g. from home). Not only would that reduce traffic, pollution (air and noise), but would also enable companies to use less sq ft for office space, allowing them to have either more warehouse space, or utilize smaller facilities with reduced costs, all the while not impacting their revenue and growth.

      Obviously not all jobs can be done remotely, but there are so many which can, but are not simply because of tradition and an antiquated ideology relating to productivity at home versus work.
      What I'd like to see from this is for bay area software jobs to be available to those of us who live in flyover country.

    18. Member kiznarsh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2007
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      4,360
      Cars
      987.2 | GTI
      03-24-2020 11:57 PM #142
      Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      Obviously not all jobs can be done remotely, but there are so many which can, but are not simply because of tradition and an antiquated ideology relating to productivity at home versus work.
      Honestly I think a big part of it is it's more difficult for management to keep tabs on you. For certain jobs where your daily tasks are quantifiable (e.g. generate x number of reports or drawings), it's easier to evaluate progress.

      Other jobs that have less structure allow people to dick around without being forced to prove you put in your time accurately.

      We use Skype for Business and people treat your availability status as gospel. If it ain't green (available) or red (busy), you're slackin'!

      That's when you tie your mouse to your oscillating fan at home.

    19. Member vwpiloto's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 26th, 2006
      Location
      Orange County, CA
      Posts
      12,078
      Cars
      1987 944 S, 2003 S2000, 2011 E90 M3, 2013 Mazda 3, 2014 4Runner Trail
      03-25-2020 01:50 AM #143
      Quote Originally Posted by kiznarsh View Post
      Honestly I think a big part of it is it's more difficult for management to keep tabs on you. For certain jobs where your daily tasks are quantifiable (e.g. generate x number of reports or drawings), it's easier to evaluate progress.

      Other jobs that have less structure allow people to dick around without being forced to prove you put in your time accurately.

      We use Skype for Business and people treat your availability status as gospel. If it ain't green (available) or red (busy), you're slackin'!

      That's when you tie your mouse to your oscillating fan at home.
      And that's what I'm referring to, with the old-school ways.

      Measuring performance needs to change, but so many companies are used to the older method, that they can't think of adapting to new ones.

      For those jobs which are harder to quantify in terms of productivity, there are solutions to ensure they're productive. Speaking of which, people who would dick around at home do the same at work.

      Whether some hourly jobs move to a contractor type scenario (maybe not popular at the moment), or a company needs to find a better way to manage them, but it's a viable solution if the effort is made. As the poster above said, it would actually open up the job market to those in areas further away, in some cases where they can pay less, proportional to Dept of Labor statistics, given the lower cost of living.

      Regardless, if we can just stick to enabling those jobs which are easily quantifiable to work from home if not entirely, but at least 3 times a week, we'll be doing a huge service to the environment and the personal well being of everyone involved (less traffic, less crowded offices, less daycare costs in some cases, etc.).

    20. Member kiznarsh's Avatar
      Join Date
      Apr 10th, 2007
      Location
      SoCal
      Posts
      4,360
      Cars
      987.2 | GTI
      03-25-2020 02:02 AM #144
      ^^Agreed.

      What I'd like is the opportunity to work from home as needed because if given the option, I'd definitely want to be present at work for certain tasks. If we're having a design review, we're much more efficient all being in the same room and being able to use a whiteboard.

      But on the days where I'm just compiling a report, I'm more efficient from home with fewer distractions and having background music play through speakers instead of headphones.

    21. Member swedesc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 13th, 2019
      Location
      North Carolina
      Posts
      142
      Cars
      '16 S60, '19 XC90, '20 Jetta
      03-25-2020 02:05 AM #145
      Quote Originally Posted by vwlifer27 View Post
      I was thinking of bringing those supplies as well, so it should be fine.

      But everyone is also correct, I don't need to hit a deer on the way down or get into an accident and strain the system. Just have to figure out the risk for me/vs reward for my mom.
      It's your EDERLY mother for crying out loud. Please go see her. Plenty of people us are still going to work just fine. You can go see her once and then go back home once again to quarantine yourself. Unless you get into accidents monthly you shouldn't be worried about driving. The roads are pretty much empty. I've driven to visit my elderly grandmother everyday these past two weeks and it's been the most relaxing driving I've ever done and I get to see my grandma.
      Last edited by swedesc; 03-25-2020 at 02:07 AM.

    22. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 13th, 2006
      Location
      Somewhere North of Lyon Mountain.
      Posts
      23,740
      Cars
      SR71 C30 t53a/b/b
      03-25-2020 09:43 AM #146
      Quote Originally Posted by kiznarsh View Post
      We use Skype for Business and people treat your availability status as gospel. If it ain't green (available) or red (busy), you're slackin'!

      That's when you tie your mouse to your oscillating fan at home.


      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.

    23. Member vwlifer27's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2005
      Location
      Minneapolis
      Posts
      2,189
      Cars
      2019 GTI, 2004 R32, 2016 GLI
      03-25-2020 09:46 AM #147
      Quote Originally Posted by swedesc View Post
      It's your EDERLY mother for crying out loud. Please go see her. Plenty of people us are still going to work just fine. You can go see her once and then go back home once again to quarantine yourself. Unless you get into accidents monthly you shouldn't be worried about driving. The roads are pretty much empty. I've driven to visit my elderly grandmother everyday these past two weeks and it's been the most relaxing driving I've ever done and I get to see my grandma.
      I agree. It's relatively safe for me and her if I remain on her front lawn (she keeps saying: "you are coming in if you drive all the way down!"...no mom, no I am not).

      Good for you man, just hope you are doing it carefully for your grandma and keeping the social distance.

    24. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 5th, 2004
      Location
      Southern Indiana
      Posts
      43,240
      Cars
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      03-25-2020 09:57 AM #148
      Quote Originally Posted by vwlifer27 View Post
      I agree. It's relatively safe for me and her if I remain on her front lawn (she keeps saying: "you are coming in if you drive all the way down!"...no mom, no I am not).

      Good for you man, just hope you are doing it carefully for your grandma and keeping the social distance.
      Kudos. The fact that people aren't getting that is perplexing, infuriating, and sad.


      I lost mom a couple of years ago and dad before that. Mom was 92 and dad 94, so I'm glad it didn't hit back then or I would've been in full freak-out mode, as I was a critical link in getting them food and supplies. Dad was at a nursing home at the end and wouldn't have been able to see anyone at all, even Mom. Neither of them could Skype, and getting food to mom would've been an exercise in virus mitigation. I've come up with ways in my head to make her exposure as close to zero as I could, but that would've been frustrating to say the least.

      I can't imagine finding out or figuring out later (or never knowing for sure) that I killed my own mother.

      It's no different for strangers. Taking this seriously is seen as laughable by some, but anyone who thinks that is seriously deficient in some area or another.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

    25. Member swedesc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 13th, 2019
      Location
      North Carolina
      Posts
      142
      Cars
      '16 S60, '19 XC90, '20 Jetta
      03-25-2020 11:24 AM #149
      Quote Originally Posted by vwlifer27 View Post
      I agree. It's relatively safe for me and her if I remain on her front lawn (she keeps saying: "you are coming in if you drive all the way down!"...no mom, no I am not).

      Good for you man, just hope you are doing it carefully for your grandma and keeping the social distance.
      Yes I have to boxes of Clorox wipes in the car, bunch of latex gloves and a few masks. Whenever I’m out I’m wearing my mask and my gloves and wiping everything I touch with my wipes. May seem extreme but you got to be careful.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    26. Member vwlifer27's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 14th, 2005
      Location
      Minneapolis
      Posts
      2,189
      Cars
      2019 GTI, 2004 R32, 2016 GLI
      03-25-2020 11:30 AM #150
      Quote Originally Posted by swedesc View Post
      Yes I have to boxes of Clorox wipes in the car, bunch of latex gloves and a few masks. Whenever I’m out I’m wearing my mask and my gloves and wiping everything I touch with my wipes. May seem extreme but you got to be careful.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I don't find that extreme in the least! As our favorite Dr. Tony (paraphrasing) says; an overreaction is the correct reaction to all of this.

    Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •