Fourtitude.com - Corona-virus - great time for car shopping
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. 03-13-2020 08:38 AM #1
      Dealers are already advertising 0% interest rates and cash incentives...I think it will be a great time to get into new ride in the following months. And petrol is getting cheap
      Fu*k the virus.

2. Member
      Cars
      2007 Porsche Cayman 5MT; 2009 VW Passat Highline Wagon 6MT; 2017 VW Golf R 6MT Tech Pack
      03-13-2020 08:43 AM #2
      Compelling narrative, chap!
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

3. Member
      Cars
      small car that does it all, incredibly reliable too
      03-16-2020 09:06 PM #3

4. 03-16-2020 10:10 PM #4
      I am officially in a "Shelter in place" which is essentially lock-down if you dont work in essential services (supermarket, mail, healthcare).
      So basically, I cant even go look at cars this weekend. Wonder how this is going to fare.

Cars
      Present: 991.1 GT3 Past: ND MX-5, GVB STI
      03-16-2020 10:13 PM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by mrspeedmaster View Post
      I am officially in a "Shelter in place" which is essentially lock-down if you dont work in essential services (supermarket, mail, healthcare).
      So basically, I cant even go look at cars this weekend. Wonder how this is going to fare.
      Me too.

Though with newly low interest rates I might see to re-finance my current loan...

6. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Cars
      SR71 C30 t53a/b/b
      03-16-2020 10:47 PM #6
      OP should ask the dealer to throw in 2-3 of those gigantic commercial TP rolls into the deal.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.
      Buy my couch!

7. Member
      Cars
      01 911 Turbo
      03-13-2020 08:52 AM #7
      Perfect timing cause I need a reliable daily. Maybe base model pickup or something for under 200/mth

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
      2012 CTS-V Wagon 6MT w/ Recaro package - Stock. For now....
      2012 C63 AMG - P31/Eurocharged V5/Loaded option car -SOLD
      2011 Audi S4 6MT- Heavily modded -SOLD
      Co-Founder Momentum Nutrition LLC
      momentum-nutrition.com

Cars
      19 GLI S, 17 Civic LX, 16 Golf R, 91 B2600i
      03-13-2020 09:05 AM #8
      Monday this week I stopped in the local dealer to look at 2019 Jetta GLI that was heavily discounted.

I talked up the huge stock market drop that day, told them I was not expecting to do this so soon, but the their already existing discount of $6,600 on the Jetta and the people first warranty had me considering.

I leave without the car - but I managed to get them to remove all of the their dealer shenanigans...Nitrogen, 3 years maintenance, Tint, door cups, unlimited car washes, I had great counter arguments for all of them. This they valued at $1,795.

I email them later, asking about rates etc... get them to match a BofA rate that was lower then their offer.

I just checked their web site, but see o mention of 0% rates. Perhaps I'll ask tomorrow when I go to sign.
      If you are going at a speed that causes you to run off the road before ESC can provide any assistance, you may not experience the benefits of ESC

9. Member
      Cars
      Boring silver appliance w/rear disc brakes & TuRD Japan shift knob
      03-13-2020 12:42 PM #9
      I've got Carmax transferring a vehicle to my local lot, perhaps no one will want to buy it even when it gets here.

10. 03-13-2020 12:56 PM #10
      does leasing a Challenger widebody count as social distancing since it's so damn big?

Cars
      2003 S2000, 2008 Lexus GS350, 2015 Lexus GX460
      03-13-2020 01:07 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by Cr4shT3st View Post
      does leasing a Challenger widebody count as social distancing since it's so damn big?
      i mean, you'll be at least 6 feet away, enveloped in a giant cloud of tire smoke, and probably be running your filtered HVAC...so yes!
      Quote Originally Posted by capsaicin View Post
      AP1 S2000? I can not in good conscience talk you out of that. May your slip angle be great and your bed not be the couch!

03-13-2020 02:38 PM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by Cr4shT3st View Post
      Yes. Yes it does. How can I help?

Chris
      | 20 Ram | 11 JLU Sport | 01 BMW 740 iL | 74 SuperBeetle | 62 Ford Unibody | The poster formerly known as 200HP4dr

03-16-2020 11:32 PM #13
      I think everyone should wait a few weeks to do there car shopping. The scope of the damage to the economy hasn't sunk in yet.

Cars
      '17 CarTruck, '17 Alltrack
      03-17-2020 07:32 AM #14
      VW shutting down production lines by friday (as they just opened up china ones)

Quote Originally Posted by puma1552 View Post
      Careful on the refi, mortgage rates are volatile...my credit union's rates have changed almost every day for the last couple weeks and have swung anywhere between 3.25 and 4.00 on a 30 year conventional. Rates actually went up today to 4.00 after the rate cut announcement.
      the spreads are very bad, most have said due to shortage of workers, not to increase demands, and profit

15. Member
      Cars
      2015 VW GTI SE
      03-17-2020 08:30 AM #15
      Quote Originally Posted by HI SPEED View Post
      I think everyone should wait a few weeks to do there car shopping. The scope of the damage to the economy hasn't sunk in yet.
      Agreed.
      I've heard talk of reviving Cash for Clunkers, if car sales continue to drop and the economy crashes.
      With most countries on lockdown and Wall Street unstable, does anyone actually feel secure enough in the future of their jobs, to even consider buying a new car? My priorities are keeping the roof over my head, food on the table, and any funds after that will be banked. I have a currently reliable car. Buying a new one, in this climate, is so far from a priority.

16. Member
      Cars
      2015 VW GTI SE
      03-17-2020 08:34 AM #16
      On a side note, the Chrysler 300/Dodge Charger has gone from Carpocalypse to potential Carpocalypse II without any platform updates.
      It is truly the cockroach of the automotive world!

03-17-2020 08:52 AM #17
      Personally I think we are just at the beginning of a very large downward slide. I would not be buying anything right now until the shelter in place orders are lifted and we start seeing daylight on the other side, and from what I am reading, we're looking at 2-6 months of that.

And if that is the case, we're heading towards a pretty bad recession.

For those reasons, I am not interested in buying until things like my job are assured. So I am in "wait and see" mode right now.

However.....I do have a Highlander lease coming due in less than 1 year's time.....
      Matt
      2018 Toyota Highlander SE AWD, Midnight Black Metallic/Black
      2018 Four Winns H210 / 5.3L Volvo Penta V8 300 / DPS-A Duoprop drive

Cars
      8 Fords, 1 Chevy and 1 VW
      03-17-2020 09:35 AM #18
      So I bought two cars last week. I got a great deal on my Fiesta ST and paid cash, so no worries there.

The Cross Sport also landed a great deal and ended up financing for 48 months and had zero negative equity in the XC60 trade.

I'm not too worried about my daily life changing too much as my position is considered "essential" as part of the supply chain. (commercial trucking) I also have the ability to work from home if a lockdown were to be put in effect in my area.

I really view it as a buyers market and more so in the coming months. I do think it varies on an person to person basis though. I have no concerns with my recent purchases, but someone in a "non-essential" position will certainly feel differently.
      "keep it between the mayonnaise and mustard"

ford x8 (mustang x4, thunderbird, lightning, svt focus, fiesta st)
      chevy x1 (2500hd)
      vw x1 (atlas cross sport) "I bought it"

03-17-2020 02:22 PM #19
      Quote Originally Posted by HI SPEED View Post
      I think this is particularly sage advice.

Amazon just announced they are shutting down shipments until the first week in April.

We're heading for a recession. The only question I have is how bad it's going to be.
      Matt
      2018 Toyota Highlander SE AWD, Midnight Black Metallic/Black
      2018 Four Winns H210 / 5.3L Volvo Penta V8 300 / DPS-A Duoprop drive

Cars
      '12 Yaris, '17 Corolla
      03-17-2020 02:28 PM #20
      GM is about to do 0% for 7 years plus deferred payments for three months.

I have started a replacement car fund but am not doing anything until I see how this plays out. I don't want to buy something and then get furloughed (even though I would probably be reassigned from my current role instead of being mothballed).

Quote Originally Posted by GM Authority
      Quote Originally Posted by GM Authority
      General Motors is offering a number of discounts and deals to help drive vehicle sales amid the global coronavirus pandemic.
      Starting this week, GM will be offering 0 percent interest for up to seven years for qualified customers and 84-month loan periods on certain vehicles. Certain customers will also be able to defer payments for up to 120 days if they are in the top credit tier.

https://gmauthority.com/blog/2020/03...irus-pandemic/
      Improving the signal-to-noise ratio

Cars
      GX, Taco, Tiguan, bikes
      03-17-2020 02:44 PM #21
      Quote Originally Posted by Maximum_Download View Post
      I think this is particularly sage advice.

Amazon just announced they are shutting down shipments until the first week in April.

We're heading for a recession. The only question I have is how bad it's going to be.
      Amazon is halting their corporate fulfillment of items that aren't a priority right now, and focusing on "Baby Products, Health & Household, Beauty & Personal Care (including personal care appliances), Grocery, Industrial & Scientific and Pet Supplies." This is a two-week situation.

That seems like a good move so their corporate system isn't bogged down with people ordering toys or clothing. Independent sellers can still fulfill (pack and ship) whatever they want to.

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Cars
      2017 Passat SE
      03-17-2020 08:21 AM #22
      Payment free from Ford and Hyundai.

Hyundai, Ford offer coronavirus payment relief https://a.msn.com/r/2/BB11h13Y?m=en-us

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk
      --Pete--

23. 03-21-2020 07:33 PM #23
      I took advantage of the market and traded my Civic Si for a GX460.

3.25% on a 9 year old vehicle? Who would had thought!
      They REALLY did not want me to go with a credit union, they were really pushing for a bank with higher rate; they had me in and out of the finance office quick.

But thanks to the situation, I also got way more than expected for my previously rear ended and side hit Civic Si.

24. Junior Member
      Cars
      GLE350 4Matic
      03-21-2020 11:27 PM #24
      Quote Originally Posted by Roboturner913 View Post
      Great time if your job is secure. How many are? I guess we'll find out in a few months. All I know is, I went from looking at 3-year-old Accords to 15-year-old Focuses and Outbacks.

Maybe, someday, when all this is over I will revisit. But for now I need something to drive and I'm not committing to any kind of a payment with all this uncertainty.
      For the vast majority of America, it’s a terrible time to make a commitment as large as a car. There are few jobs that are untouchable in the current climate. It’s best to stay liquid.

Cars
      '94 Miata - '16 RAV4 - '10 Prius
      03-22-2020 12:05 AM #25
      Yeah, I’m surprised by anyone making big purchases right now. My financial anxiety is really high, no one knows how this thing is going to shake out yet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast