Fourtitude.com - All-new Audi A3
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Results 76 to 94 of 94

    Thread: All-new Audi A3

    1. Member IridiumB6's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 29th, 2010
      Location
      Toronto, Canada
      Posts
      3,606
      Cars
      2018 Tiguan Highline, 2012 X5 35d, 2012 Golf 2.5
      03-24-2020 04:21 PM #76
      I'm not sure about this unless we get some NA spec engine? It seems to have just a 1.5T as a gas engine, then goes on to the serious "S" and "RS" trims. I've driven a 1.5T A3 in England and it was ...adequate, but I'm not sure it'll satisfy most of our pedal mashing sub 6 second 0-60 time driving behaviours we have in North America. Please don't make it an exclusive e-Tron again FFS Audi
      Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post

      If the next GTI has over 300 hp off the showroom floor, I'll eat my airedale.

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 25th, 2004
      Location
      Los Gatos, CA
      Posts
      20,989
      Cars
      2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
      03-24-2020 04:29 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by Son View Post
      Moving the display down in the dash compared to the previous generation is quite surprising. But of course, it becoming a touch screen meant it needed to be closer to the driver than before and maybe then it's a design challenge to have it that high up...
      It's funny how manufacturers have been tackling this problem over the years. The first two generations of Audi A3 had the screen integrated into the dash, then they stuck it on top of the dash for one generation, and have since moved it back into the dash. The more things change the more they stay the same.
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

    4. Member what's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 24th, 1999
      Location
      Los Angeles, CA
      Posts
      14,266
      Cars
      1974 MGB; 2017 Golf Sportwagen S 4-Motion DSG; 2017 Audi A4 Premium+, Sport+ MT
      03-24-2020 04:43 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by JackStraw79 View Post
      Bummer. The B9 is an excellent product and they sold a manual through 2019 MY. Maybe you should have fixed your radar.
      Quote Originally Posted by JackStraw79 View Post
      CPO was off the table?
      I know one coming off lease in October with the Sport+ Package (adjustable dampers, dynamic steering, s-line interior).
      how come a transvestite donkey witch is next to you and why is it wearing a dress?

      Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you mother****er, say what one more goddamn time!

    5. Member Jimmy Russells's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2007
      Location
      Vancouver
      Posts
      16,690
      Cars
      RS3, JKU
      03-24-2020 05:02 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by chucchinchilla View Post
      It's funny how manufacturers have been tackling this problem over the years. The first two generations of Audi A3 had the screen integrated into the dash, then they stuck it on top of the dash for one generation, and have since moved it back into the dash. The more things change the more they stay the same.
      Sort of... It is retractable, and not a touch screen. At least with digital cockpit I can think of one thing the screen does that the DC does not, which is reverse camera (except the TT uses DC for reverse camera but it has no center screen.) It is probably more important and usable in the cars with regular gauges.

    6. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 25th, 2004
      Location
      Los Gatos, CA
      Posts
      20,989
      Cars
      2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
      03-24-2020 05:24 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      Sort of... It is retractable, and not a touch screen. At least with digital cockpit I can think of one thing the screen does that the DC does not, which is reverse camera (except the TT uses DC for reverse camera but it has no center screen.) It is probably more important and usable in the cars with regular gauges.
      Believe me I know, my A6 is also from the era of pop up w/no touchscreen. IMO it's actually the worst part about an otherwise perfect car. While it's nice to tuck the screen away when not in use (which I rarely do), the overall effect is annoying. It pops open and close every time you use the car and sometimes in between. Turn car off, open door only to realize the window is down? Ok hit power button and watch the screen needlessly pop up only to have to fold back down 10 seconds later once you put the window up. Have the screen down but need to put the car in reverse? Up comes the screen to show the backup camera. It's silly and is a mechanism that'll eventually break. Good news is when that eventually happens you don't have to fix it, just keep it up all the time and keep going.
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

    7. Member RocknRolla's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 19th, 2006
      Location
      California
      Posts
      2,595
      Cars
      2018 A6, 2019 Tiguan, 2011 Ranger 4x4
      03-25-2020 12:46 AM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by chucchinchilla View Post
      Believe me I know, my A6 is also from the era of pop up w/no touchscreen. IMO it's actually the worst part about an otherwise perfect car. While it's nice to tuck the screen away when not in use (which I rarely do), the overall effect is annoying. It pops open and close every time you use the car and sometimes in between. Turn car off, open door only to realize the window is down? Ok hit power button and watch the screen needlessly pop up only to have to fold back down 10 seconds later once you put the window up. Have the screen down but need to put the car in reverse? Up comes the screen to show the backup camera. It's silly and is a mechanism that'll eventually break. Good news is when that eventually happens you don't have to fix it, just keep it up all the time and keep going.
      I’ve had an S3 and now the A6 with the retractable screen. I don’t mind it - it looks cool and it’s nice to be able to choose when you want a screen. But I agree with you, having to start the car again to roll the windows up and having the screen come up is a little annoying.

    8. You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can you? Just Another Sweater's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 11th, 2002
      Location
      Southwest Ohio
      Posts
      4,571
      Cars
      GTI Sport 6M
      03-25-2020 12:49 AM #82
      Curious what the S3 and RS3 will look like.

    9. Member Jimmy Russells's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2007
      Location
      Vancouver
      Posts
      16,690
      Cars
      RS3, JKU
      03-25-2020 01:02 AM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by RocknRolla View Post
      I’ve had an S3 and now the A6 with the retractable screen. I don’t mind it - it looks cool and it’s nice to be able to choose when you want a screen. But I agree with you, having to start the car again to roll the windows up and having the screen come up is a little annoying.
      If you have keyless entry just hold your finger on the lock spot on the door handle.

    10. Senior Member Son's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 10th, 2000
      Location
      Munich, GER
      Posts
      31,762
      Cars
      '16 VW Golf 1.4 TSI R-Line
      03-25-2020 05:20 AM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by chucchinchilla View Post
      Have the screen down but need to put the car in reverse? Up comes the screen to show the backup camera. It's silly and is a mechanism that'll eventually break. Good news is when that eventually happens you don't have to fix it, just keep it up all the time and keep going.
      What makes you think it'll break when the screen is in its "up" position? What if it gets stuck halfway going up?

    11. Member swedesc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 13th, 2019
      Location
      South Carolina
      Posts
      113
      Cars
      2017 Volvo S60
      03-25-2020 11:42 AM #85
      Apparently Audi said at the press launch that the interior is inspired by Lamborghini.

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Syracuse, NY
      Posts
      3,390
      Cars
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      03-25-2020 11:57 AM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by swedesc View Post
      Apparently Audi said at the press launch that the interior is inspired by Lamborghini.
      Yeah; I've heard that about the RS6 as well regarding the fenders and bumper and such. Meanwhile, the Urus seems to be inspired by Audi. I really like all these new cars but man it's a little suspicious...

    13. Member RocknRolla's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 19th, 2006
      Location
      California
      Posts
      2,595
      Cars
      2018 A6, 2019 Tiguan, 2011 Ranger 4x4
      03-25-2020 12:43 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      If you have keyless entry just hold your finger on the lock spot on the door handle.
      Tried it this morning and didn't work.

    14. Member Jimmy Russells's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 4th, 2007
      Location
      Vancouver
      Posts
      16,690
      Cars
      RS3, JKU
      03-25-2020 01:13 PM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by RocknRolla View Post
      Tried it this morning and didn't work.
      Weird, works on my car. Just like you're locking the door and then hold your hand there. Maybe it needs to be enabled in the MMI. I assume you have tried with the remote already (hold down lock).
      Last edited by Jimmy Russells; 03-25-2020 at 01:16 PM.

    15. Member m_bolc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 18th, 2008
      Location
      San Jose, Costa Rica
      Posts
      261
      Cars
      2017 Audi A4 1.4T
      03-25-2020 01:46 PM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      Weird, works on my car. Just like you're locking the door and then hold your hand there. Maybe it needs to be enabled in the MMI. I assume you have tried with the remote already (hold down lock).
      I think the coding is different in US cars due to legal concerns...

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 22nd, 2007
      Location
      Syracuse, NY
      Posts
      3,390
      Cars
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      03-25-2020 03:06 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      Weird, works on my car. Just like you're locking the door and then hold your hand there. Maybe it needs to be enabled in the MMI. I assume you have tried with the remote already (hold down lock).
      Or with VCDS. MQB can obviously do it; I know I coded it in on my US market '17 GTI.

    17. Member RocknRolla's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 19th, 2006
      Location
      California
      Posts
      2,595
      Cars
      2018 A6, 2019 Tiguan, 2011 Ranger 4x4
      03-25-2020 07:32 PM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      Weird, works on my car. Just like you're locking the door and then hold your hand there. Maybe it needs to be enabled in the MMI. I assume you have tried with the remote already (hold down lock).
      Doesn't work either. I think it might need to be coded. Or I have a poverty-spec.

    18. Member worth_fixing's Avatar
      Join Date
      Dec 23rd, 2009
      Location
      Montreal, Qc
      Posts
      6,871
      Cars
      2014 Mazda3 Sport GS - 1982 Honda CB750K
      03-25-2020 07:45 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by Galrot View Post
      I'm surprised that there don't appear to be a thread for this one yet ...
      well...

      Quote Originally Posted by Cajetan View Post
      Obviously a stick won't happen, probably no hatch either.
      it's already off my list of consideration.
      http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric/286588.png
      Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy.

    19. 03-25-2020 08:45 PM #93
      I really like it. However, there are a few things I have an issue with. That interior vent setup? WOOF! And, they need to do something different with the rear end; they all look very Jetta-ish. Now, I drive a '19 Jetta, I don't mind people confusing my car for an Audi, but I don't think that Audi buyers who paid $40k+ for their car would be too pleased to know that the rear-end of their vehicle reminds people of $20k Jettas. Every time I see an A3 or A4 or on the road, I think it's a Jetta until I see the four rings.

    20. Member swedesc's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jan 13th, 2019
      Location
      South Carolina
      Posts
      113
      Cars
      2017 Volvo S60
      03-25-2020 10:04 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by TSchuettinger View Post
      I really like it. However, there are a few things I have an issue with. That interior vent setup? WOOF! And, they need to do something different with the rear end; they all look very Jetta-ish. Now, I drive a '19 Jetta, I don't mind people confusing my car for an Audi, but I don't think that Audi buyers who paid $40k+ for their car would be too pleased to know that the rear-end of their vehicle reminds people of $20k Jettas. Every time I see an A3 or A4 or on the road, I think it's a Jetta until I see the four rings.
      This has been Audi design style for much longer than VW and I don’t think enthusiast would like if Audi changed it for that reason. With that being said maybe you mistake Audi’s for Jetta’s because you own one. I for one have never saw an Audi and thought it to be a VW or vice versa (maybe at night). While they may look similar in some ways there are design cues that distinguish the two.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •