Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: All-new Audi A3

Cars
      2018 Tiguan Highline, 2012 X5 35d, 2012 Golf 2.5
      03-24-2020 04:21 PM #76
      I'm not sure about this unless we get some NA spec engine? It seems to have just a 1.5T as a gas engine, then goes on to the serious "S" and "RS" trims. I've driven a 1.5T A3 in England and it was ...adequate, but I'm not sure it'll satisfy most of our pedal mashing sub 6 second 0-60 time driving behaviours we have in North America. Please don't make it an exclusive e-Tron again FFS Audi
      Quote Originally Posted by KevinC View Post

If the next GTI has over 300 hp off the showroom floor, I'll eat my airedale.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Cars
      2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
      03-24-2020 04:29 PM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by Son View Post
      Moving the display down in the dash compared to the previous generation is quite surprising. But of course, it becoming a touch screen meant it needed to be closer to the driver than before and maybe then it's a design challenge to have it that high up...
      It's funny how manufacturers have been tackling this problem over the years. The first two generations of Audi A3 had the screen integrated into the dash, then they stuck it on top of the dash for one generation, and have since moved it back into the dash. The more things change the more they stay the same.
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

Cars
      1974 MGB; 2017 Golf Sportwagen S 4-Motion DSG; 2017 Audi A4 Premium+, Sport+ MT
      03-24-2020 04:43 PM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by JackStraw79 View Post
      Bummer. The B9 is an excellent product and they sold a manual through 2019 MY. Maybe you should have fixed your radar.
      Quote Originally Posted by JackStraw79 View Post
      CPO was off the table?
      I know one coming off lease in October with the Sport+ Package (adjustable dampers, dynamic steering, s-line interior).
      how come a transvestite donkey witch is next to you and why is it wearing a dress?

Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you mother****er, say what one more goddamn time!

Cars
      RS3, JKU
      03-24-2020 05:02 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by chucchinchilla View Post
      It's funny how manufacturers have been tackling this problem over the years. The first two generations of Audi A3 had the screen integrated into the dash, then they stuck it on top of the dash for one generation, and have since moved it back into the dash. The more things change the more they stay the same.
      Sort of... It is retractable, and not a touch screen. At least with digital cockpit I can think of one thing the screen does that the DC does not, which is reverse camera (except the TT uses DC for reverse camera but it has no center screen.) It is probably more important and usable in the cars with regular gauges.

6. Senior Member chucchinchilla's Avatar
      Cars
      2016 A6, 2014 X3, 1967 Bus, 1963 356
      03-24-2020 05:24 PM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Russells View Post
      Sort of... It is retractable, and not a touch screen. At least with digital cockpit I can think of one thing the screen does that the DC does not, which is reverse camera (except the TT uses DC for reverse camera but it has no center screen.) It is probably more important and usable in the cars with regular gauges.
      Believe me I know, my A6 is also from the era of pop up w/no touchscreen. IMO it's actually the worst part about an otherwise perfect car. While it's nice to tuck the screen away when not in use (which I rarely do), the overall effect is annoying. It pops open and close every time you use the car and sometimes in between. Turn car off, open door only to realize the window is down? Ok hit power button and watch the screen needlessly pop up only to have to fold back down 10 seconds later once you put the window up. Have the screen down but need to put the car in reverse? Up comes the screen to show the backup camera. It's silly and is a mechanism that'll eventually break. Good news is when that eventually happens you don't have to fix it, just keep it up all the time and keep going.
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      This forum is more and more of an embarrassment every day...

Cars
      2018 A6, 2019 Tiguan, 2011 Ranger 4x4
      03-25-2020 12:46 AM #81
      Believe me I know, my A6 is also from the era of pop up w/no touchscreen. IMO it's actually the worst part about an otherwise perfect car. While it's nice to tuck the screen away when not in use (which I rarely do), the overall effect is annoying. It pops open and close every time you use the car and sometimes in between. Turn car off, open door only to realize the window is down? Ok hit power button and watch the screen needlessly pop up only to have to fold back down 10 seconds later once you put the window up. Have the screen down but need to put the car in reverse? Up comes the screen to show the backup camera. It's silly and is a mechanism that'll eventually break. Good news is when that eventually happens you don't have to fix it, just keep it up all the time and keep going.
      I’ve had an S3 and now the A6 with the retractable screen. I don’t mind it - it looks cool and it’s nice to be able to choose when you want a screen. But I agree with you, having to start the car again to roll the windows up and having the screen come up is a little annoying.

8. You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can you? Just Another Sweater's Avatar
      Cars
      GTI Sport 6M
      03-25-2020 12:49 AM #82
      Curious what the S3 and RS3 will look like.

Cars
      RS3, JKU
      03-25-2020 01:02 AM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by RocknRolla View Post
      I’ve had an S3 and now the A6 with the retractable screen. I don’t mind it - it looks cool and it’s nice to be able to choose when you want a screen. But I agree with you, having to start the car again to roll the windows up and having the screen come up is a little annoying.
      If you have keyless entry just hold your finger on the lock spot on the door handle.

Cars
      '16 VW Golf 1.4 TSI R-Line
      03-25-2020 05:20 AM #84
      Have the screen down but need to put the car in reverse? Up comes the screen to show the backup camera. It's silly and is a mechanism that'll eventually break. Good news is when that eventually happens you don't have to fix it, just keep it up all the time and keep going.
      What makes you think it'll break when the screen is in its "up" position? What if it gets stuck halfway going up?

Cars
      2017 Volvo S60
      03-25-2020 11:42 AM #85
      Apparently Audi said at the press launch that the interior is inspired by Lamborghini.

12. Member
      Cars
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      03-25-2020 11:57 AM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by swedesc View Post
      Apparently Audi said at the press launch that the interior is inspired by Lamborghini.
      Yeah; I've heard that about the RS6 as well regarding the fenders and bumper and such. Meanwhile, the Urus seems to be inspired by Audi. I really like all these new cars but man it's a little suspicious...

Cars
      03-25-2020 12:43 PM #87
      If you have keyless entry just hold your finger on the lock spot on the door handle.
      Tried it this morning and didn't work.

Cars
      RS3, JKU
      03-25-2020 01:13 PM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by RocknRolla View Post
      Tried it this morning and didn't work.
      Weird, works on my car. Just like you're locking the door and then hold your hand there. Maybe it needs to be enabled in the MMI. I assume you have tried with the remote already (hold down lock).
      Last edited by Jimmy Russells; 03-25-2020 at 01:16 PM.

Cars
      2017 Audi A4 1.4T
      03-25-2020 01:46 PM #89
      Weird, works on my car. Just like you're locking the door and then hold your hand there. Maybe it needs to be enabled in the MMI. I assume you have tried with the remote already (hold down lock).
      I think the coding is different in US cars due to legal concerns...

16. Member
      Cars
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      03-25-2020 03:06 PM #90
      Or with VCDS. MQB can obviously do it; I know I coded it in on my US market '17 GTI.

Cars
      03-25-2020 07:32 PM #91
      Doesn't work either. I think it might need to be coded. Or I have a poverty-spec.

Cars
      2014 Mazda3 Sport GS - 1982 Honda CB750K
      03-25-2020 07:45 PM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by Galrot View Post
      I'm surprised that there don't appear to be a thread for this one yet ...
      well...

Quote Originally Posted by Cajetan View Post
      Obviously a stick won't happen, probably no hatch either.
      it's already off my list of consideration.
      http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric/286588.png
      Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy.

19. 03-25-2020 08:45 PM #93
      I really like it. However, there are a few things I have an issue with. That interior vent setup? WOOF! And, they need to do something different with the rear end; they all look very Jetta-ish. Now, I drive a '19 Jetta, I don't mind people confusing my car for an Audi, but I don't think that Audi buyers who paid $40k+ for their car would be too pleased to know that the rear-end of their vehicle reminds people of $20k Jettas. Every time I see an A3 or A4 or on the road, I think it's a Jetta until I see the four rings.

Cars
      2017 Volvo S60
      03-25-2020 10:04 PM #94
      Quote Originally Posted by TSchuettinger View Post
      I really like it. However, there are a few things I have an issue with. That interior vent setup? WOOF! And, they need to do something different with the rear end; they all look very Jetta-ish. Now, I drive a '19 Jetta, I don't mind people confusing my car for an Audi, but I don't think that Audi buyers who paid $40k+ for their car would be too pleased to know that the rear-end of their vehicle reminds people of $20k Jettas. Every time I see an A3 or A4 or on the road, I think it's a Jetta until I see the four rings.
      This has been Audi design style for much longer than VW and I don’t think enthusiast would like if Audi changed it for that reason. With that being said maybe you mistake Audi’s for Jetta’s because you own one. I for one have never saw an Audi and thought it to be a VW or vice versa (maybe at night). While they may look similar in some ways there are design cues that distinguish the two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234