VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

91 vw passat 16v to ms2 with relay

2K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  tyrone27 
#1 ·
Well since my cis-m system is 30 years old and hacked up wiring and not running right figure it's time I just convert to megasquirt with a relay board. I'm going with a relay board because it's easier to add features and wiring reworking when I change setups. Plus my last standalone system I ran was electromotive tec2 so I'm used to these connectors. Should be starting the wiring in two or three weeks.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#3 ·
Relay board on the way. This is a picture of the stock wiring. Also I'm thinking about deleting the stock coil and running a aba coil. The relay cable is 4 feet. So I'm probably going to mount the megasquirt and relay board under the glovebox and run the wiring out the passenger side of the car or I might just run it out where the existing fuse box end harness runs. Because all sensors are on the driver's side of a engine bay except for the air temperature sensor which is on the passenger side.

#6 ·
Updated the wiring diagram. Also the IAT sensor will be here Tuesday and I'm planning on mounting it at the end of the manifold. Also I made a harness for the relay board to engine. Should start installing Tuesday.

#8 ·
UPDATE: got the harness run. And throttle body swapped. Went to install the 02 sensor and when I jacked up the car the 02 sensor is disconnected and the previous owner welded the whole exhaust together. He cut out the cat and put a aftermarket one and exhaust front to back welded together. Plus I tried but couldn't get the old 02 out so sprayed it down with WD 40 and going to try tomorrow.

#10 ·
F that 02 sensor. its still in there and i said the hell with it. i ended up striping the damn thing and it still wont move F it F it. i just brought a add a 02 bung kit and drilled a hole so added it in front of the old one. i have to get a new exhaust system one day and i'm not paying 600 to fix it because when boost it i'll have to redo the exhaust again.

i closed the air leaks in the intake. then it wouldn't start. messed around with the idle screw and got it started and running. also my 8v fuel pressure regulator was leaking gas out of the vaccum line so i replaced it and it starts and runs. today i used autotune because it was super lean at low rpm and high rpm it added and added and added fuel and now its good. with the vacuum leaks fixed i was able to set timing perfectly. i used a 3/4 bolt with hose clamp to seal up the idle valve hose and a TT cold injector delete flange. now i have to figure out where to mount the relay box and ms2. i brought the paid version of tunerstudio and autotune works good. have to do the warmup tune soon.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.