The itch. Its strong and unrelenting. $45K to $55K budget.
Cliffs - I have been obsessing on RS3s after the CTSV prices are holding. Drove an RS3 and now I want one, but it is a dumb choice?
Lets start with the facts on the current DD car:
- I love my Infiniti M45. It has a wonderful engine, truly fantastic.
- The Infiniti has been cheap to own when I dont ask the dealer to work because I am lazy and bad with money.
- I have started carpooling so even though the mileage is questionable it only needs fuel once a month.
- I buggered up a fender in a accident. The yard guys put a deep scratch down the side. Paint is failing on the spoiler. Front suspension needs to be completely rebuilt (stock with 80K miles on it).
- Could use a windshield.
- Drivers side seat heater is slow to respond/heat.
- Dip function on the drivers side mirror if batsh!t.
As I mentioned the itch is strong. Here is what I want to do:
- Have a new daily driver with modern tech
- Adaptive cruise (stop and go)
- Heated seats/wheel
- Blindspot stuff
- Rear traffic
- Parking assist/sensors
- Android Audio
- Mirror dip in reverse
- A new daily driver which has some uniqueness/rarity to it
- Yes, this is subjective
- I want to see it in my driveway and be excited to drive it
- Something CPO or available with a good aftermarket warranty
- Something engaging, fast, loud, angry
Here is what I am thinking, bolded first choices:
- Audi RS3 (2017 to Early 2018 the screen has to fold down when in drive and have the DAP package)
- BMW M2
- BMW M3
- BMW M6 (last gen)
- Audi S6
- Alfa 4 cheese
Here are the stretch goal cars:
- Caddy CTS-V with the badboy supercharged 6.2L
- 2011 plus C63 AMG with the P30 dev package
Here are the truly terrible car ideas:
- C5Corvette Z06
- 3rd gen MR2
- 90s CRX SI
- Mustang GT350 (stripe delete only)
And here is the HUGE RUB - The 930
I have made my mind up about shipping it to TurboKraft. That bill has the potential to creep past $20K if I go for the full turn key 500 to 600whp package. There are still 3-4 more hail mary's i can try with the car which might be the plan this spring. But obviously doing both a new DD and the Porsche is pretty far fetched financially. So you sort of have to choose. Both the 930 and Infiniti at this point cost zero dollars to own. This choice is killing me.
- I test drove a RS3 and it gave me the fizzies. Finding the spec I want is appearing to be tough though.
- The M cars at the price point I am looking at are pretty low on the tech I care about in a DD
- I really want the Caddy but its price point is somewhat ridiculous when you want a good spec
So what would you do.
- Keep the Infiniti and stash cash for the 930
- Ditch the Infiniti for something more modern and fun, keeping the 930 on the backburner
- Keep the Infiniti and give it a good maintenance refresh