Fourtitude.com - 2020 Cadillac CT5-V First Drive
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?
  • Log in or Sign up

    Fourtitude.com


    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Results 76 to 93 of 93
    1. Member Karl_1340's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 1st, 2017
      Location
      Ottawa
      Posts
      1,030
      Cars
      2018 ATS 2.0T 6 speed manual, 2014 RDX, 1989 VW Cabriolet
      03-12-2020 08:35 AM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by dubdaze68 View Post
      Does the Blackwing fit in this platform at all? Or is it too wide?
      Nope. It will get the LT4 from the CTS-V

    2. Remove Advertisements

      Advertisements
       

    3. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 18th, 2018
      Posts
      6,618
      Cars
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      03-12-2020 08:40 AM #77
      Quote Originally Posted by sandwich-chris View Post
      My only complaint is either you get full option load or essentially nothing. As soon as you want any option you're forced to take every other option and the price jumps. My wife wants an XT4, and I cringe at the thought that the CT5-V could be had for essentially the same price.
      To me that makes the CT5-V sound like the bargain; RWD platform sports sedan vs what's basically GM's Lexus NX. XT4 is sized like a Q3 but priced like a Q5 which seems really strange.

    4. Senior Member Mike!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 17th, 2002
      Location
      Ontario & Ohio
      Posts
      20,458
      Cars
      2015 Fusion Wagon Allroad Turbo
      03-12-2020 09:28 AM #78
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      To me that makes the CT5-V sound like the bargain; RWD platform sports sedan vs what's basically GM's Lexus NX. XT4 is sized like a Q3 but priced like a Q5 which seems really strange.
      IIRC the base XT4 seems reasonable for what it includes for the price, but it gets optioned up. In Canada at least, base ("Luxury") AWD is ~$42,000 CAD which is barely over $30,000 USD, with most things you could want except adaptive cruise or HUD. Also gets better mileage than the oddly low Q3 (which is priced basically identical with it in Canada).

    5. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 18th, 2018
      Posts
      6,618
      Cars
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      03-12-2020 09:55 AM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
      IIRC the base XT4 seems reasonable for what it includes for the price, but it gets optioned up. In Canada at least, base ("Luxury") AWD is ~$42,000 CAD which is barely over $30,000 USD, with most things you could want except adaptive cruise or HUD. Also gets better mileage than the oddly low Q3 (which is priced basically identical with it in Canada).
      The 1st Q3 we got sucked; there is a new one coming that should be better all around, especially on gas mileage.

      I stand corrected though, looks like the XT4 does compete with the Q5 and not the Q3 which makes its value proposition a little more favorable. It's still way down on cargo space in that class though. I'm seeing differences as much as 10 cu ft with the seats up.

    6. Moderator Oliver@triplezoom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 30th, 1999
      Location
      Fredericton NB Canada
      Posts
      48,183
      Cars
      2011 BMW 328i Touring, 2017 MINI Clubman John Cooper Works
      03-12-2020 10:16 AM #80
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      The 1st Q3 we got sucked; there is a new one coming that should be better all around, especially on gas mileage.

      I stand corrected though, looks like the XT4 does compete with the Q5 and not the Q3 which makes its value proposition a little more favorable. It's still way down on cargo space in that class though. I'm seeing differences as much as 10 cu ft with the seats up.
      The new Q3 has been out for a while now.

    7. Senior Member Mike!'s Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 17th, 2002
      Location
      Ontario & Ohio
      Posts
      20,458
      Cars
      2015 Fusion Wagon Allroad Turbo
      03-12-2020 10:21 AM #81
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      The 1st Q3 we got sucked; there is a new one coming that should be better all around, especially on gas mileage.
      I thought the 2020 was the new MQB one? 19/22/27 with the new 8AT, albeit on regular. The first one was 20/23/28 with the old 6AT, but on Premium.

    8. Member
      Join Date
      Aug 10th, 2015
      Location
      PA
      Posts
      1,528
      Cars
      2019 Q5, 2018 Tiguan Allspace
      03-12-2020 10:42 AM #82
      Quote Originally Posted by Mike! View Post
      I thought the 2020 was the new MQB one? 19/22/27 with the new 8AT, albeit on regular. The first one was 20/23/28 with the old 6AT, but on Premium.
      MQB Q3 came out in North America for the 2019 MY. Also, it's not really that the first Q3 sucked, it's just that it was kind of old when we first got it here and had been sold in Europe for years. It was ok for the price and was a slight upgrade over the Tiguan. This MQB Q3 is also the same deal- a slight upgrade over the SWB Tiguan.

      There are couple things at play that are drawbacks to all of these smallest premium CUVs. There is always a bit of sandbagging in multiple aspects of the cars to ensure that they don't cannibalize the sales of their bigger brother cash cows (Q5, XT5, RX, etc), and then also the short wheelbases coupled with the CUV height doesn't do the cars any favors when it comes to trying to accomplish premium levels of refinement and ride quality suitable for their badge. They are good runabouts for congested cities but not if you are a suburbs dweller who logs a lot of highway miles. If you don't live in a major city, I wouldn't recommend a Q3.

    9. Member TangoRed's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 7th, 2005
      Location
      Seattle, WA
      Posts
      12,247
      03-12-2020 11:03 AM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      The 1st Q3 we got sucked; there is a new one coming that should be better all around, especially on gas mileage.

      I stand corrected though, looks like the XT4 does compete with the Q5 and not the Q3 which makes its value proposition a little more favorable. It's still way down on cargo space in that class though. I'm seeing differences as much as 10 cu ft with the seats up.
      The new Q3 has been on the roads for a while now. And the fuel economy dropped.

      2020 Q3: 22 combined/19 city/27 highway https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/42041.shtml
      2018 Q3: 23 combined/20 city/ 28 highway https://www.fueleconomy.gov/feg/noframes/38716.shtml

      EDIT: Looks like I was late to this show.
      Quote Originally Posted by Doug Butabi View Post
      And on the tenth day of the two thousand fifteenth year, TCL finds out about rich people.

    10. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 13th, 2008
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      464
      Cars
      ATS, Type-R
      03-12-2020 11:37 AM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      To me that makes the CT5-V sound like the bargain; RWD platform sports sedan vs what's basically GM's Lexus NX. XT4 is sized like a Q3 but priced like a Q5 which seems really strange.
      Agreed - perhaps I poorly worded my reply. Much rather a CT5-V vs XT4...

      XT4 pricing is Canada is OK as long as you can stay away from the options list. I've seen discounts as high as 10K on highly optioned models.

    11. Moderator Oliver@triplezoom's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 30th, 1999
      Location
      Fredericton NB Canada
      Posts
      48,183
      Cars
      2011 BMW 328i Touring, 2017 MINI Clubman John Cooper Works
      03-12-2020 11:49 AM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by sandwich-chris View Post
      Agreed - perhaps I poorly worded my reply. Much rather a CT5-V vs XT4...

      XT4 pricing is Canada is OK as long as you can stay away from the options list. I've seen discounts as high as 10K on highly optioned models.
      $50k for a loaded XT4 isn't terrible IMO.

    12. Member
      Join Date
      Oct 13th, 2008
      Location
      Canada
      Posts
      464
      Cars
      ATS, Type-R
      03-12-2020 02:51 PM #86
      Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
      $50k for a loaded XT4 isn't terrible IMO.
      Without having driven either; I find it a hard sell vs a CX-5. Discounts alter that perception slightly. Finding an XT4 with adaptive cruise control is difficult (less than 10%) and it also forces 20" wheels which I don't really want.

    13. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 18th, 2018
      Posts
      6,618
      Cars
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      03-12-2020 03:59 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by sandwich-chris View Post
      Without having driven either; I find it a hard sell vs a CX-5. Discounts alter that perception slightly. Finding an XT4 with adaptive cruise control is difficult (less than 10%) and it also forces 20" wheels which I don't really want.
      I think the XT4 is way bigger than a CX-5 inside. The legroom is astronomical (83-84" combined! Prob like 7-8" more than a CX-5). The trunks are prob the same size. XT4 would be worth the premium to me

      But for the money, a Corsair or RDX with a better overall space balance seems best.

    14. Geriatric Member ByronLLN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 29th, 2004
      Location
      Detroit Metro, Mich
      Posts
      39,634
      Cars
      '13 392, '90 Miata, '11 Wrangler
      03-12-2020 04:23 PM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by Karl_1340 View Post
      That's what he meant by OEM applications. Also, that deal isn't done. The news was premature.

    15. Member CaleDeRoo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 30th, 2011
      Location
      Rochester, NY
      Posts
      3,684
      Cars
      2005 Corvette Z71, 1998 Corvette
      03-12-2020 05:15 PM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      I think the XT4 is way bigger than a CX-5 inside. The legroom is astronomical (83-84" combined! Prob like 7-8" more than a CX-5). The trunks are prob the same size. XT4 would be worth the premium to me

      But for the money, a Corsair or RDX with a better overall space balance seems best.
      Where are you getting those numbers? I had a XT4 rental last month and it definitely seemed half a class down size wise than the CX5.
      Instagram: calederoo

      #FREEPATRIKMAN

    16. Member
      Join Date
      Jan 18th, 2018
      Posts
      6,618
      Cars
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      03-12-2020 05:52 PM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by CaleDeRoo View Post
      Where are you getting those numbers? I had a XT4 rental last month and it definitely seemed half a class down size wise than the CX5.
      https://www.cars.com/research/compar...=USD00CAS071A0

      Could be wrong

    17. Member CaleDeRoo's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 30th, 2011
      Location
      Rochester, NY
      Posts
      3,684
      Cars
      2005 Corvette Z71, 1998 Corvette
      03-12-2020 06:05 PM #91
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      The CX-5 matches or beats it in every way besides front legroom. FWIW though I really liked the XT4, but I have no experience with any other cute utes.
      Instagram: calederoo

      #FREEPATRIKMAN

    18. Member BlakeV's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 24th, 2015
      Location
      Original join 1999
      Posts
      2,060
      Cars
      2019 Audi S5 Sportback
      03-13-2020 02:04 PM #92
      Not a V but the entry level version doesn't seem as athletic or inspiring like the last ATS CTS were.

      https://youtu.be/2vUPgEiqHI0

    19. Member lowlight's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 8th, 2005
      Location
      Milwaukee, WI
      Posts
      2,090
      Cars
      '17 Tundra, '16 3 GT
      03-13-2020 04:21 PM #93
      Quote Originally Posted by BlakeV View Post
      Not a V but the entry level version doesn't seem as athletic or inspiring like the last ATS CTS were.

      https://youtu.be/2vUPgEiqHI0
      I was bummed too after initial reviews, but not completely surprised (GM can ruin anything!). After ATS & CTS sales were ignored despite driving best in class, you know they had to make a watered down trim to satisfy the lease special luxury sedan owner who really isn't interested in actually driving.

      Seems like the V (& and hopefully forthcoming V+) have things sorted better. Glad GM didn't ruin the handling/steering magic of the previous gen/Alpha chassis!

      How did this thread get into XT4 discussion?
      Current: '17 Tundra, '16 3 GT
      Past/Sold: '13 Evo, '08 Si, '12 Mustang GT, '03 Evo VIII, '01 Golf 1.8T

    Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •