Fourtitude.com - How to scale for 3" MAF housing in Maestro
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 02-19-2020 11:06 AM #1
      How to scale for 3" MAF housing in Maestro? I am running 550ccF21L base file. With MAF plugged in it runs like ****. With MAF unplugged it runs much smoother. I am assuming that the MAF is not scaled properly gives wrong reading s to ECU resulting in an improper mixture and the car running like ****.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      1984 GLi 20v, '16 M3, '85 Golf, '17 R, '19 Q7
      02-19-2020 02:34 PM #2
      What's the part # there's a drop down in the maf map. But you also might adul need to tune the car. Nothing in maestro runs perfectly, and rarely great. You'll need the car to get up to temp, drive and log(as little cruising as possible) then get a separate idle log when you get back, with ot during the car down. Then check your lt and st trims with vcds.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
      :HOMEGROWN MOTORSPORTS..SingerVehicleDesign...1:4.9 SuaSponte #13Dead Rabbits. Ungluck on IG. MKIforLife
      Quote Originally Posted by .Ant View Post
      What vegeta said.

Cars
      02-19-2020 02:36 PM #3
      Secondly, search. There's an entire thread for maestro. There last stuff is more helpful but a lot had changed. You'll stil get the basics.

I can't stress, CAN'T STRESS enough that the car needs to be medically sound and sorted. Any little mechanical short coming is going to be multiplied.

:HOMEGROWN MOTORSPORTS..SingerVehicleDesign...1:4.9 SuaSponte #13Dead Rabbits. Ungluck on IG. MKIforLife
      What vegeta said.

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. 02-19-2020 04:10 PM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta Gti View Post
      What's the part # there's a drop down in the maf map. But you also might adul need to tune the car. Nothing in maestro runs perfectly, and rarely great. You'll need the car to get up to temp, drive and log(as little cruising as possible) then get a separate idle log when you get back, with ot during the car down. Then check your lt and st trims with vcds.

The part number in the drop-down menu is 077 133 471 J that is a MAF for a 4.2 v8. I ordered that MAF today, will see what happens after I install it and flash the ECU with new file.

Trust me I have searched and searched. Info is either not clear or doesn't answer my questions.

My car is in really good shape mechanically, no leaks anywhere, no check engine light.

Cars
      02-19-2020 07:53 PM #5
      That's a good maf, but it will still need to be tuned to be 100%

What vegeta said.