Fourtitude.com - The OFFICIAL 2020 NASCAR thread. Yep, they still turn left.
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
    1. Member
      Cars
      Current - '19 GLI AB 6MT; Dead - '10 S4 6MT; Gone - '01 S4 6MT
      06-25-2020 01:33 PM #376
      Welp, now I definitely understand Bubba's position...weird that no one thought it was odd last year, unless it looked different (not according to the FBI).

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      15 Rav4
      06-25-2020 09:45 PM #377
      Stay classy, North Carolina:

North Carolina speedway owner offers ‘Bubba Rope’ for sale
      DANBURY, N.C. (AP) — The owner of a North Carolina racetrack advertised “Bubba Rope” for sale in a social media marketplace days after NASCAR driver Bubba Wallace, who is Black, announced a noose had been found in his garage at Talladega Superspeedway in Alabama.

Mike Fulp, the owner of the half-mile (0.8 km) 311 Speedway in Stokes County, made the pitch Wednesday on Facebook Marketplace: “Buy your Bubba Rope today for only $9.99 each, they come with a lifetime warranty and work great.”

Fulp’s Facebook followers criticized his ad, with some self-described loyal spectators saying they would stop attending events at the dirt track because of the post. More critical comments appeared on the speedway’s Facebook page Thursday.

No one answered the phone at the speedway Thursday and the inbox couldn’t accept a message seeking comment. The ad had been taken down by midday Thursday.

A Facebook post on Fulp’s page Monday announced the speedway is sponsoring a “Heritage Night” on Saturday. A subsequent post on the event encouraged fans to purchase a variety of items, including Confederate flags and caps, and added, “don’t forget your 2nd Amendment Right, 311 Speedway.”

NASCAR officials released a photo Thursday of the rope found Sunday in Wallace’s garage stall that prompted a federal investigation, which determined it had been there since October.

The incident placed racism front and center for NASCAR, which two weeks ago banned the Confederate flag from its venues and races at Wallace’s urging. It also sparked criticism from some fans that NASCAR had somehow overreacted — criticism the sanctioning body cited in releasing the photo taken by NASCAR security.

NASCAR moved quickly and by Monday, FBI agents were at the Alabama track. On Tuesday, authorities said the rope had been used as a door pull since last fall and thus was not a hate crime targeting the 26-year-old Wallace.
      https://apnews.com/16312a353a61a7046d397c14cbe55ba3

YouTube is not a medical device.

4. 06-26-2020 06:00 AM #378
      Quote Originally Posted by Lwize View Post
      In NC, the struggle is real, despite a forum member's belief that it doesn't even exist.

So, this just happened. And when you read this below, know thatvitcwas three Wilmington, NC officers. Think about the people they have pulled over and the treatment they received. And, of course, the three officers say they aren't racists :

"3 North Carolina Officers Fired After Video Captured ‘Extremely Racist’ Rants in Squad Cars

The Wilmington Police Department took the action on Tuesday against Cpl. Jessie Moore, and officers Kevin Piner and Brian Gilmore.

At the 46-minute mark of the video, Piner and Gilmore began talking from their respective cars, at which time Piner criticized the department, saying its only concern was “kneeling down with the black folks.” About 30 minutes later, Piner received a phone call from Moore, according to the investigation, a segment in which Moore referred to a Black female as a “negro.” He also referred to the woman by using a racial slur. He repeated the use of the slur in describing a Black magistrate, and Moore used a gay slur to describe the magistrate as well.

Later, according to the investigation, Piner told Moore that he feels a civil war is coming and that he is ready. Piner said he was going to buy a new assault rifle, and soon “we are just going to go out and start slaughtering them (expletive)” Blacks. “I can’t wait. God, I can’t wait.” Moore responded that he wouldn’t do that.

Piner then told Moore that he felt a civil war was needed to “wipe them off the (expletive) map. That’ll put them back about four or five generations.”

https://time.com/5859125/wilmington-...-racist-rants/

It's unfortunate the noose incident happened but the resulting show of unity was as powerful as it was important to see. Again, there's more of us in the middle and we need to stand up and be heard and not let the lesser of us try to be the face of us.

I've honestly had my struggles with NASCAR, my father got me into motorsport, and NASCAR especially. We bonded there and I still watch other forms of racing. Maybe through all of this a cloud will move away from NASCAR and old and new fans won't have the dilemma and stigma to deal with. I hope for brighter, sunnier days for NASCAR

5. Member
      Cars
      2015 VW GTI SE
      06-26-2020 06:11 AM #379
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      https://www.foxsports.com/nascar/sto...lladega-062520

This is the actual pull rope found Sunday before they cut it down.

That’s a friggin noose!
      It’s just done in a clever way as to be explained as having some other purpose.

6. Member
      Cars
      2015 VW GTI SE
      06-26-2020 06:19 AM #380
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      In NC, the struggle is real, despite a forum member's belief that it doesn't even exist.

So, this just happened. And when you read this below, know thatvitcwas three Wilmington, NC officers. Think about the people they have pulled over and the treatment they received. And, of course, the three officers say they aren't racists :

"3 North Carolina Officers Fired After Video Captured ‘Extremely Racist’ Rants in Squad Cars

The Wilmington Police Department took the action on Tuesday against Cpl. Jessie Moore, and officers Kevin Piner and Brian Gilmore.

At the 46-minute mark of the video, Piner and Gilmore began talking from their respective cars, at which time Piner criticized the department, saying its only concern was “kneeling down with the black folks.” About 30 minutes later, Piner received a phone call from Moore, according to the investigation, a segment in which Moore referred to a Black female as a “negro.” He also referred to the woman by using a racial slur. He repeated the use of the slur in describing a Black magistrate, and Moore used a gay slur to describe the magistrate as well.

Later, according to the investigation, Piner told Moore that he feels a civil war is coming and that he is ready. Piner said he was going to buy a new assault rifle, and soon “we are just going to go out and start slaughtering them (expletive)” Blacks. “I can’t wait. God, I can’t wait.” Moore responded that he wouldn’t do that.

Piner then told Moore that he felt a civil war was needed to “wipe them off the (expletive) map. That’ll put them back about four or five generations.”

https://time.com/5859125/wilmington-...-racist-rants/

It's unfortunate the noose incident happened but the resulting show of unity was as powerful as it was important to see. Again, there's more of us in the middle and we need to stand up and be heard and not let the lesser of us try to be the face of us.

I've honestly had my struggles with NASCAR, my father got me into motorsport, and NASCAR especially. We bonded there and I still watch other forms of racing. Maybe through all of this a cloud will move away from NASCAR and old and new fans won't have the dilemma and stigma to deal with. I hope for brighter, sunnier days for NASCAR

That’s the kind of stuff makes me afraid to drive my car.
      I just want to avoid any unintentional provocations with the police, and DWB seems to be a common denominator in a lot of these brutality cases.

7. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      06-28-2020 08:54 PM #381
      I wonder when they changed the pit road rules.

Hamlin's last pitstop the RF tire carrier grabbed the used tire, went to the front of the car, set the tire down, and rolled it to the wall.

What ever happened to the tire had to be within an arm's reach?

But hey, Toyota probably b*tched the weren't winning enough, so...
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

8. 06-28-2020 09:45 PM #382
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      I wonder when they changed the pit road rules.

Hamlin's last pitstop the RF tire carrier grabbed the used tire, went to the front of the car, set the tire down, and rolled it to the wall.

What ever happened to the tire had to be within an arm's reach?

But hey, Toyota probably b*tched the weren't winning enough, so...
      https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...ire-penalties/

They modified/relaxed the rule last summer. Teams and fans on Twitter were complaining about penalties that didn't really affect pit road safety.

9. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      06-29-2020 12:05 AM #383
      Quote Originally Posted by mappy View Post
      https://www.nascar.com/news-media/20...ire-penalties/

They modified/relaxed the rule last summer. Teams and fans on Twitter were complaining about penalties that didn't really affect pit road safety.
      Ah. The arms-length rule was dumb to begin with. Glad NASCAR realized their mistake.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"

Cars
      '07 Civic Hy, '93 940, '17 NPS50
      06-29-2020 09:07 AM #384
      i made off like a bandit this weekend in random fantasy. you got one pick for both races and i was given the 11.
      My Flickr // IG - @mwoodski
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt
      I have literally zero experience with snow, but it seems to me that if it was raining and there was slush/snow still on the ground, I'd just wash it away with the hose rather than using a shovel. Sure it may freeze overnight, but if it's already raining, it's already going to be wet and freeze anyway, right?

11. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      06-29-2020 10:51 AM #385
      Quote Originally Posted by Woodski View Post
      i made off like a bandit this weekend in random fantasy. you got one pick for both races and i was given the 11.
      Denny's so great at Pocono... why can't he do anything on a road course?

Cars
      02 BMW 325I 5spd/ 97 Jetta/ 2012 Acura TSX wagon / 2019 Elantra GT N-line
      06-29-2020 11:36 AM #386
      weird Fox didn't have a replay of Blaney hitting Kyle

Gabehart won this one for Denny

13. Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room. Metallitubby's Avatar
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      06-29-2020 11:52 AM #387
      Quote Originally Posted by gonzo08452 View Post
      weird Fox didn't have a replay of Blaney hitting Kyle
      They did. They showed it toward the end of the race. It wasn't intentional, but was caused by the huge speed differential when Kyle came up on Smithley.
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

Cars
      06-29-2020 11:59 AM #388
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      They did. They showed it toward the end of the race. It wasn't intentional, but was caused by the huge speed differential when Kyle came up on Smithley.

Cars
      06-29-2020 12:02 PM #389
      The fancy Radioactive cameras picked it up so it looked amazing lmao.
      I have literally zero experience with snow, but it seems to me that if it was raining and there was slush/snow still on the ground, I'd just wash it away with the hose rather than using a shovel. Sure it may freeze overnight, but if it's already raining, it's already going to be wet and freeze anyway, right?

16. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      06-29-2020 12:04 PM #390
      And Blaney's spotter missing the "slow car ahead" call.

17. Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room. Metallitubby's Avatar
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      06-29-2020 12:07 PM #391
      And Blaney's spotter missing the "slow car ahead" call.
      Oh totally, but the way Kyle was reacting, he made it seem like it was intentional... and then we saw the footage.
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

Cars
      06-29-2020 12:14 PM #392
      next race road course right?

19. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      06-29-2020 01:45 PM #393
      Oh totally, but the way Kyle was reacting, he made it seem like it was intentional... and then we saw the footage.
      In Kyle's defense, he is the greatest thing to ever stuff those ears in a helmet.

20. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      06-29-2020 01:49 PM #394
      Quote Originally Posted by gonzo08452 View Post
      next race road course right?
      Nope, not until 8/16. Indy oval. Xfinity races Saturday on the RC.

Cars
      06-29-2020 01:50 PM #395
      Nope, not until 8/16. Indy oval. Xfinity races Saturday on the RC.

that's right

22. Member
      Cars
      06-30-2020 08:54 AM #396
      Did anyone else feel like they got the package right for Pocono? That seemed like the best racing at Pocono in years. Normally, it's a snooze fest, but I thoroughly enjoyed the Saturday race.

Cars
      06-30-2020 09:11 AM #397
      Quote Originally Posted by amusante1002 View Post
      Did anyone else feel like they got the package right for Pocono? That seemed like the best racing at Pocono in years. Normally, it's a snooze fest, but I thoroughly enjoyed the Saturday race.
      no

the xfinity package is the best in the sport right now and cup needs to be following that again.

24. Member
      Cars
      06-30-2020 09:30 AM #398
      no

the xfinity package is the best in the sport right now and cup needs to be following that again.
      Alrighty then. Also, the truck race Sunday morning was an absolute disaster. I don't think they put together 3 green laps in a row for the first hour.

25. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      06-30-2020 11:10 AM #399
      no

But they're slow.

I wasn't a big fan of the draft being so huge at Pocono for Cup. Didn't see Xfinity.

Cars
      06-30-2020 01:00 PM #400
      But they're slow.

I wasn't a big fan of the draft being so huge at Pocono for Cup. Didn't see Xfinity.
      the busch cars have more power than a cup car!!

at places like michigan and fontana arca cars are the fastest on the weekends!!

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast