Fourtitude.com - '10 Passat Wagon With Unknown DSG Service History, Service It Now?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. Member
      Cars
      '90 Cabby
      02-11-2020 07:58 PM #1
      A new friend of mine owns a '10 Passat wagon with a somewhat unknown past. He bought it used about a year ago and it has 150k on it. The dealer told him it had been serviced at their dealership regularly for the life of the vehicle and they bought it from the owner. They let him see the records but there was no record of DSG services that He could see and the dealer didn't know if any had ever been done.

He knows he hasn't done one since owning it and so he does not know when it was last done.

I've heard via word of mouth over the years that if you haven't done one, it might be detrimental to do one so late in the cars life.

So what is the right thing to do? Service it now? Don't service it? Service it twice, driving it in between, to try to "flush" any crud out after you drain it the first fill?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 02-14-2020 04:20 PM #2
      Quote Originally Posted by agentphish View Post
      A new friend of mine owns a '10 Passat wagon with a somewhat unknown past. He bought it used about a year ago and it has 150k on it. The dealer told him it had been serviced at their dealership regularly for the life of the vehicle and they bought it from the owner. They let him see the records but there was no record of DSG services that He could see and the dealer didn't know if any had ever been done.

He knows he hasn't done one since owning it and so he does not know when it was last done.

I've heard via word of mouth over the years that if you haven't done one, it might be detrimental to do one so late in the cars life.

So what is the right thing to do? Service it now? Don't service it? Service it twice, driving it in between, to try to "flush" any crud out after you drain it the first fill?

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks!
      You can check connect to device and let see oil pressure first. if it normal use continue, if have leaking need repair asap. For TCU can not know when it will be stop.