Fourtitude.com - Electric cars outsold the manual transmission for the first time in 2019
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    1. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      02-11-2020 02:47 PM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by absoluteczech View Post
      Stop buying 20 year old used cars for pennies and instead put your money where you mouth is and buy them when you had a chance.
      You shut your whore mouth.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      maybe its just me, but i wouldnt put anything in the circle of "unrealistic" when it comes to sex.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 02-12-2020 04:35 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      You shut your whore mouth.

I've definitely noticed that there are long time members that seem to believe they have special privileges around here.

I can't say how many times I've walked into numerous dealerships and wanted a manual version of a car only to be told they didn't have any and this goes back 30 years now, the sales guys would even tell me that they would get numerous people asking about the manual version but that the factory wasn't sending them any and even special ordering could take months.

There has clearly been a pattern in the US market and industry for decades of trying to push customers into automatic versions only.
      Last edited by focusgroup1; 02-12-2020 at 04:37 AM.

4. Member
      Cars
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      02-12-2020 08:53 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by focusgroup1 View Post

I've definitely noticed that there are long time members that seem to believe they have special privileges around here.

I can't say how many times I've walked into numerous dealerships and wanted a manual version of a car only to be told they didn't have any and this goes back 30 years now, the sales guys would even tell me that they would get numerous people asking about the manual version but that the factory wasn't sending them any and even special ordering could take months.

There has clearly been a pattern in the US market and industry for decades of trying to push customers into automatic versions only.
      They don't keep them on the lots because next to nobody buys them. Or even worse, someone will order one, then decide not to buy it, leaving the dealer stuck with lot cancer.

Selling cars is a for profit endeavor.

Cars
      '86 Interceptor 700, '82 Quantum Coupe, Hyundai Elantra GT Daily
      02-12-2020 09:34 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      They don't keep them on the lots because next to nobody buys them. Or even worse, someone will order one, then decide not to buy it, leaving the dealer stuck with lot cancer.

Selling cars is a for profit endeavor.
      Some dealers don't help themselves with that though.

When I bought my Elantra, I had been trying to buy a Focus hatch. There was a dealer with a manual in stock. 1.0T, manual, as trimmed up as you could get one with that engine.

Their asking price was FULL MSRP. Not a dollar less. If I'd take an automatic Titanium trim model I could get it for ~$20k same dealer, a couple grand less than this manual SE.

It sat on their lot for a month. Asked again, no change.

Two months. Black on black, trying to sell in the middle of an SC summer. No change, still north of $22k asking.

So I bought an automatic Elantra GT with more equipment for $5k less, in a more preferred color (blue), that didn't involve my traveling half the state to get to.

I kept an eye on that car, it was still in their inventory in November of that year, when they emailed me asking if I would be interested... At $20k.

Yeah no, they could keep it.
      Quote Originally Posted by zukiphile View Post
      There is an area of a normal brain that lets the owner know the object works and needs to be left alone. Not all of us have it. It is like being colorblind.

6. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      LS3 Malibu, Mid Engined Camry
      02-12-2020 09:54 AM #30

And I’ve noticed a recent increase in “brand new” members who enjoy pointing out the nuances and peculiarities of these forums. Odd that someone so new would notice or care.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. #TeamAkane. Donate to help a wonderful family kick cancers ass
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

7. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      02-12-2020 11:36 AM #31

If absoluteczech has an issue with anything I say I'd hope he'd say something to me directly.

I was clearly joking with him, we seem to get along fine on these forums.

Thanks for your police work, it's greatly appreciated.
      Instagram - efrie004

maybe its just me, but i wouldnt put anything in the circle of "unrealistic" when it comes to sex.

Cars
      15 Rav4
      02-12-2020 11:53 AM #32
      Manual transmission take rates and EV purchases are unrelated to each other.

This is a pointless comparison.

9. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      02-12-2020 11:57 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by Lwize View Post
      Manual transmission take rates and EV purchases are unrelated to each other.

This is a pointless comparison.
      I don't think it's a comparison so much as an eye opener.

EV sales are a small percentage of total sales in the US, and the fact that number is still greater than manuals sold is astounding.
      Instagram - efrie004

10. Feels Like the First Time DeeJoker's Avatar
      Cars
      2013 C300 4M, 2004 TRD Tacoma
      02-12-2020 11:59 AM #34
      If absoluteczech has an issue with anything I say I'd hope he'd say something to me directly.

I still think my Tacoma is more fun in many circumstances than the Medium Performance German Sport Sedan. Sure, the MPGSS has 7 forward gears, 100+ more ponies under the hood, accelerates smoothly and efficiently as German cars should, isn't scary north of 75mph, and can corner far better, but all of that doesn't matter- the Taco has three pedals and five manuel forward gears.

Even after factoring in the soul only found in German cars, the Taco still wins.

The above post may contain opinions, coarse language, offensive terms, spelling mistakes, and/or improper grammar. You have been warned.

11. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Cars
      SR71 C30 t53a/b/b
      02-12-2020 12:10 PM #35

Reported.
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.
      Buy my couch!

12. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      02-12-2020 12:18 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by DeeJoker View Post

I still think my Tacoma is more fun in many circumstances than the Medium Performance German Sport Sedan. Sure, the MPGSS has 7 forward gears, 100+ more ponies under the hood, accelerates smoothly and efficiently as German cars should, isn't scary north of 75mph, and can corner far better, but all of that doesn't matter- the Taco has three pedals and five manuel forward gears.

Even after factoring in the soul only found in German cars, the Taco still wins.

What about a Medium Performance German Sport Sedan with three pedals?

Instagram - efrie004

13. Feels Like the First Time DeeJoker's Avatar
      Cars
      2013 C300 4M, 2004 TRD Tacoma
      02-12-2020 12:28 PM #37
      What about a Medium Performance German Sport Sedan with three pedals?

Alas, the wizards in Stuttgart put so much soul into the Medium Performance German Sport Sedan that there just wasn't enough room left to put in a third pedal.

The above post may contain opinions, coarse language, offensive terms, spelling mistakes, and/or improper grammar. You have been warned.

14. 02-12-2020 12:32 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      And I’ve noticed a recent increase in “brand new” members who enjoy pointing out the nuances and peculiarities of these forums. Odd that someone so new would notice or care.

Don't think that Vortex is special, I've seen this kind of carp on numerous forums sites all each with their own unique traits.
      It's hard not to notice a thread in the TCL where it's titled something like which member will be banned first.

But about manual availability again, it isn't new that manual models have been very difficult or nearly impossible to obtain in the USA.
      It's clear to me that in the US these companies are trying to force many customers to spend the extra grand + on the slushbox to pad their profit margins.

Cars
      Clownshoe, x5 3.5d, Tesla 3
      02-12-2020 12:36 PM #39
      It checks out! Bought an EV, sold a manual transmission car!

I put my money where my mouth is and bought my first-ever new car in 2016, a 6MT Golf R

it was awesome, no regrets!

Where's TCL to come along and thank me for my service in driving MT demand? Oh, no, apparently y'all will just run around saying "nobody buys them". In fact, I specifically held off buying a car for a few more years because BMW brought the F31 I wanted with a slushbox only. Screw that, and screw you, BMW.

Bought a Model 3 when our reservation came up. It's also awesome! No regrets, almost 30k in 18 months.

EVs are rad, MTs are rad. All I know is, slushboxes suck ass. Especially now that we have EV options, stop buying that autotragic crap. EVs make autos seem like an even sillier hack than they ever were.
      Dash cam people suck. Don't be a dash cam person.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravenport View Post
      this thread is a mess, I can't tell if it's full of trolls or idiots and I'm not sure it matters

16. Member
      Cars
      02-12-2020 12:36 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by DeeJoker View Post

All MP_SSs are not created equal.

17. 02-12-2020 12:37 PM #41
      Quote Originally Posted by LT1M21Stingray View Post
      Reported.

Why? Isn't it true?

18. 02-12-2020 12:44 PM #42

Didn't sound like a joke to me, maybe I should report you.

19. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      02-12-2020 12:50 PM #43
      Didn't sound like a joke to me, maybe I should report you.
      Instagram - efrie004

20. 02-12-2020 01:01 PM #44
      I read something about vinyl records outselling compact discs in 2019.

Too bad hipsters don't dig manual gearboxes.

Okay boomer, hipster as a descriptive term is played out. Hey! I'm not a boomer, Gen X dood. Whatev, sosha meds got reddits up yinyang, 69 + <3.
      How can reading this be deciphered, it is too old?
      New members only jacket.
      Plush parachute pants.
      Robotic necrobump.
      Electrovoice.
      As always.
      Quaife!

21. 02-12-2020 01:16 PM #45
      Call me old but I still buy vinyl (used only) and clutch every day to work...one of these days I'll get tired of clutching I'm sure.

22. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      02-12-2020 01:20 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by child_in_time View Post
      Call me old but I still buy vinyl (used only) and clutch every day to work...one of these days I'll get tired of clutching I'm sure.
      Instagram - efrie004

23. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      LS3 Malibu, Mid Engined Camry
      02-12-2020 01:34 PM #47
      Don't think that Vortex is special, I've seen this kind of carp on numerous forums sites all each with their own unique traits.
      It's hard not to notice a thread in the TCL where it's titled something like which member will be banned first.
      I stated that I found it odd that someone “new” would notice or care about such things. Thanks for addressing that at you noticed it. I’m still wondering why you care.
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. #TeamAkane. Donate to help a wonderful family kick cancers ass
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

24. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      02-12-2020 01:38 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Sold Over Sticker View Post
      I stated that I found it odd that someone “new” would notice or care about such things. Thanks for addressing that at you noticed it. I’m still wondering why you care.
      Instagram - efrie004

25. Member
      Cars
      02-12-2020 01:43 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by stiggy-pug View Post
      I read something about vinyl records outselling compact discs in 2019.

Too bad hipsters don't dig manual gearboxes.
      We only buy used records (way cheaper, thanks Discogs!)

Vinyl is way less of a hassle than manual transmissions.

26. 02-12-2020 01:46 PM #50
      Add to my list tube amplifiers . I wouldn't mind driving Tesla though...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast