Fourtitude.com - Major car mfrs shutting down factories due to supply chain issues resulting from coronavirus pandemic
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    1. 02-10-2020 01:31 AM #1
      Looks like more and more car plants, and many other manufacturing plants (not just in China) are shutting down due to
      a lack of parts and components from China. This is looking very serious now. Looks like the global economy is in for a possible crash.

In this reddit thread some one that works at the Spartanburg SC BMW plant says they will be shutting down production around Feb 24
      due to a lack of parts.

A lot of the official media have been saying that these plants will reopen in the next few days but in reality these plants will remain shut
      until further notice.

https://www.reddit.com/r/China_Flu/c..._to_stay_shut/

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2012 GTI, 2017 GSW
      02-10-2020 01:36 AM #2
      Yup, Hydunai already announced they are halting production on some models due to lack of supplies from China due to the NCV

edit:

Last edited by EverthingIsTerrible; 02-10-2020 at 01:41 AM.

West Coast, not that west coast. Bay area, not that bay area.
      Cars
      16 Cayman GTS, 16 Colorado Crew, 19 Bolt, 09 Versys, 2017 Barracuda
      02-10-2020 08:12 AM #3
      Tesla just restarted GF3 in Shanghai

https://www.reddit.com/r/teslamotors...mes_operation/

5. 02-10-2020 12:15 PM #4
      It will be interesting to see how many employees show up, I think many won't.
      Also even if the plant itself starts up, will they have enough components to actually make the cars, or if they do have some
      feed line supplies how long will those parts last before they have to close again.

Something else to consider, the experts say that new corona virus can remain active on smooth surfaces for at least nine days or so,
      so it could be potentially dangerous for people to handle potentially contaminated components.

Cars
      2019 Mazda 3
      02-10-2020 12:32 PM #5
      We get a lot from China where I work and it's going to hit us hard. Their Chinese New year is pretty much extended two weeks. Not all companies have gotten the green light from the government to return to work and many of the workers in different provinces are being forced a two week quarantine.

I don't work in the auto industry but I'm sure they'll have similar outcomes.

Sent from a telephone while driving

02-10-2020 01:23 PM #6
      This is a boon to manufacturing outside of China for sure, especially if outbreaks like this only get more and more common as Chinese cities get higher and higher density. Suburbs may be hated by elitists, but diseases cannot travel nearly as well in places where nobody's using public transit, for example.

8. Member
      Cars
      2018 Great Fallllls RIP: 1995 Miata, 1996 Miata, 2007 A4 2.0T, 2002 A4 1.8T, 1998 LGTL, 1995 JGC
      02-10-2020 01:43 PM #7
      Can confirm.
      This is ravaging our tier 1 powertrain business right now.
      Lots of away messages (still) from our Chinese suppliers urging people to "stay safe".

Not sure how much longer this will drag on for, though...
      Quote Originally Posted by Triumph View Post
      That's like a child saying, "I'm going to swing my fists and walk towards you, and if you get hit, it's your fault!"

9. 02-10-2020 01:44 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by 2.0_Mazda View Post
      We get a lot from China where I work and it's going to hit us hard. Their Chinese New year is pretty much extended two weeks. Not all companies have gotten the green light from the government to return to work and many of the workers in different provinces are being forced a two week quarantine.

I don't work in the auto industry but I'm sure they'll have similar outcomes.

Sent from a telephone while driving

The HUGE problem is that of electronic boards and discrete electronic components, like certain chips, capacitors, resistors, diodes ect...
      most of these are ONLY made in China and no where else, so whether you make cars, refrigerators, or well just about anything that uses such items your business is forked.

Major manufacturing cities there are not going to have the workers start back to work until March at the earliest.
      I don't think most Americans know just how disastorous this will be.

10. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Cars
      '19 Alfa Romeo Stelvio, '18 Mazda CX-5
      02-10-2020 01:47 PM #9
      FYI it's not officially a pandemic yet

11. 02-10-2020 02:06 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by absoluteczech View Post
      FYI it's not officially a pandemic yet
      A couple of notable doctors in the USA believe we are. At 2:01

Last edited by focusgroup1; 02-10-2020 at 02:10 PM.

12. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Cars
      '19 Alfa Romeo Stelvio, '18 Mazda CX-5
      02-10-2020 02:10 PM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by focusgroup1 View Post
      A couple of notable doctors in the USA believe we are.

so they found 2 doctors to support a narrative?

There are currently 35 confirmed coronavirus cases in Japan, 28 in Singapore and 25 in Thailand, for example. Compared with China, which is dealing with more than 28,000 cases, most experts agree: It’s not a pandemic — yet.
      https://www.latimes.com/science/stor...ic-coronavirus

13. 02-10-2020 02:13 PM #12
      The fact is that the officials are gilding the lily with regards to the dire nature of this virus, it's almost a certainty that this
      virus is a bio engineered weapon and that makes it far more dangerous and infectious than ordinary viruses.

As for the infection numbers especially in China, they are LYING big time.

Cars
      German, 'Murican, Japanese
      02-10-2020 02:24 PM #13
      The fact is that the officials are gilding the lily with regards to the dire nature of this virus, it's almost a certainty that this
      virus is a bio engineered weapon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Member
      Cars
      2007 Porsche Cayman 5MT; 2009 VW Passat Highline Wagon 6MT; 2017 VW Golf R 6MT Tech Pack
      02-10-2020 02:31 PM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by Cradle2theDave View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      It is also potentially a part of the ploy by VW to push GTI sales towards the 4-door so they can justify killing the 2-door.
      Quote Originally Posted by 20aeman View Post
      No, the real enthusiast vehicle would be the RX8. It combines V12 Lamborghini gas mileage with Hyundai Genesis 4cyl. performance.

02-10-2020 02:43 PM #15
      There are a number of outlets beginning to report that there is a high concentration of Sulphur Dioxide is the atmosphere above Wuhan. One of the possible causes of it could be that they are burning thousands of bodies and covering up the scale of the issue.
      All Hail Andy?

17. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Cars
      16v I4, Twin Turbo Charged V6, Gas drinking V8, High revving V10
      02-10-2020 02:47 PM #16
      virus is a bio engineered weapon and that makes it far more dangerous and infectious than ordinary viruses.

As for the infection numbers especially in China, they are LYING big time.
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

Cars
      Manual Avant
      02-10-2020 02:57 PM #17
      China is managing Corona in the smartest way possible. Sheltering in place, and trying to have minimal contact is the best thing to do in a situation like this.

Other countries are taking the necessary steps to avoid further infections. In places in the US for example where a person has been infected the CDC is there to minimize any possible further spread. Undoubtedly there will be supply chain disruptions like there are when pretty much anything happens. These will be more extended than usual, as noted above most likely for I'm guessing more so for components than finished products. China is already seeing huge costs for Corona, and they want it over with ASAP.

This isn't, and won't be like the 1918 Flu pandemic. Simple knowledge of hygiene, disinfection, and communication will prevent much of that. This also isn't something like Ebola, where infection without treatment means almost certain death. Frankly, my biggest concern with Corona is if it becomes widespread in India. They don't have the resources the Chinese do and have far less ability to contain its spread. Industrialized countries will be annoyed, and it would cost them economically, and some people will be affected, but it will be contained. India almost surely lacks that ability. and if it goes there, it will be a pandemic.

Cars
      Manual Avant
      02-10-2020 03:04 PM #18
      Quote Originally Posted by whalemingo View Post
      There are a number of outlets beginning to report that there is a high concentration of Sulphur Dioxide is the atmosphere above Wuhan. One of the possible causes of it could be that they are burning thousands of bodies and covering up the scale of the issue.
      Can we please stop this crap?

They also built a hospital in 10 days with 2500 rooms.... something tells me the hundreds if not thousands of diesel engines machines running 24/7 had something to do with emissions. And really it's not like polluted air is exactly new to China. Sorry but thats MUCH more logical that a giant funeral pyre.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/07/asia/...hnk/index.html

20. I’m not a loser. I’m a winnah!! patrikman's Avatar
      Cars
      made in ‘murica truck and wagon
      02-10-2020 03:06 PM #19
      It’s winter time in the northern hemisphere, maybe they are just cold?
      this signature kills fascists.

Support Your Local Homebrewery

21. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Cars
      16v I4, Twin Turbo Charged V6, Gas drinking V8, High revving V10
      02-10-2020 03:09 PM #20
      I bet if they drank a certain beer, they would feel a lot better.
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

22. Planters (fasciitis) peanuts. Dang dogg Sold Over Sticker's Avatar
      Cars
      LS3 Malibu, Mid Engined Camry
      02-10-2020 03:11 PM #21
      Can we tell the difference between coal plant emissions and them liquidating the deceased during their coverup?
      Driving While Awesome Podcast. Give it a listen. #TeamAkane. Donate to help a wonderful family kick cancers ass
      Quote Originally Posted by Phillie Phanatic
      SoS - please shoot a message when Brendan & His Retarded Sycophants has another gig. I’ll be there, front row.

02-10-2020 03:12 PM #22
      Quote Originally Posted by Jettavr666 View Post
      Can we please stop this crap?

They also built a hospital in 10 days with 2500 rooms.... something tells me the hundreds if not thousands of diesel engines machines running 24/7 had something to do with emissions. And really it's not like polluted air is exactly new to China. Sorry but thats MUCH more logical that a giant funeral pyre.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/07/asia/...hnk/index.html
      I didn't read your link. CNN cannot be trusted, they are a puppet organization controlled by the Clinton Foundation and George Soros. We all know its a bioweapon engineered by big pharma to boost their 2rd quarter profits in order to boost stock prices. Also Donald Trump is behind it because it kills trade from tghe region and forces China to take our goods as part of Phase II of the trade deal. If you deny this your head is stuck in the mud.
      All Hail Andy?

02-10-2020 03:13 PM #23
      It's a perfect time to burn all the bodies then, Patrickman.
      All Hail Andy?

Cars
      GMC, SAABs,VW's, MG ect..
      02-10-2020 03:13 PM #24

Gretta must have finally got some pull in China, less people less global warming right?

Cars
      North American German crap and German German crap
      02-10-2020 03:14 PM #25
      Don't worry, Tony's got it covered

SS registry owner-emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Vee-Dubber-GLI View Post
      NATORabbitCat5PizzaSand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast