Fourtitude.com - All new 2023 Mustang S650 - what do we know?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
      Cars
      2003 TTq, 2005 Outback 2.0XT, 2019 Renegade 1.3T, 2000 Monster 750
      02-07-2020 07:31 AM #26
      That's crazy an I6 is bigger overall than a DOHC V8

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      2017 Golf R DSG, 2017 Miata RF GT, 2017 Genesis G90 Ultimate
      02-07-2020 07:35 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by l88m22vette View Post
      I think the B58/S55 are more compact than the 2JZ, but yeah, I6s aren't small.

4. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      02-07-2020 10:14 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by l88m22vette View Post
      Is it though?
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      maybe its just me, but i wouldnt put anything in the circle of "unrealistic" when it comes to sex.

5. Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room. Metallitubby's Avatar
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      02-07-2020 10:18 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      Is it though?
      Girth vs length
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

6. Member
      Cars
      '16 TLX SH-AWD- NA is BEST
      02-07-2020 10:38 AM #30
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Girth vs length
      Exactly

Plus I'd bet the S65 in the E9x M3 was similar in size to the Coyote, at least length wise as they are only 1-2mm diff in bore. Therefore by the bench racing associative property a V8 would probably fit in the 2 without issue

But even that old E92 was smaller and roomier than the current Mustang. I just don't see what you get for its relative hugeness

Cars
      2012 Chevrolet Cruze, 2016 Raleigh Merit Competition
      02-07-2020 10:38 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by unhappymeal View Post
      I have no idea why the packaging is so terrible on the Mustang. I still remember when we were shopping the Golf R against the M2 and Mustang GT. We were expecting the Mustang to feel cavernous after testing the other two cars and instead were shocked to find it felt less spacious and had worse visibility.
      What I dislike about the current Mustang is the expansive distance between the top of the steering wheel rim to the front of the car. I don't have measurements but it feels like it's 10-12'. I understand it's for style but that doesn't mean it's necessary.
      Kegels - Team MLP
      Pearl Jam - Hartford 10 | Soundgarden - Mansfield 11 | Chris Cornell - Torrington 11 | Rush - Bridgeport 12 | Soundgarden - NYC 13 | Soundgarden - Wallingford 13 | Pearl Jam - Worcester 13 | Chris Cornell - New Haven 13 | Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers - Hartford 14 | Steely Dan - Wallingford 14 | Yes - Mashantucket 17

8. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      02-07-2020 10:38 AM #32
      Girth vs length
      whynotboth.jpeg
      Instagram - efrie004

maybe its just me, but i wouldnt put anything in the circle of "unrealistic" when it comes to sex.

9. Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room. Metallitubby's Avatar
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      02-07-2020 10:40 AM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      whynotboth.jpeg
      That girth makes a big swath of bystanders as it plows deep into the crowd.
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

10. 02-07-2020 11:29 AM #34
      I have no idea why the packaging is so terrible on the Mustang. I still remember when we were shopping the Golf R against the M2 and Mustang GT. We were expecting the Mustang to feel cavernous after testing the other two cars and instead were shocked to find it felt less spacious and had worse visibility.
      Long hood, short deck, sloping rear roofline, low floor and low roofline to produce a sporty driving position low to the ground, transmission and prop-shaft tunnel up the middle, big wheels and tires, rear suspension not designed for space efficiency. The first three points are mostly styling, partly to accommodate a big engine, and a little bit of weight distribution and perhaps a bit of aero. The last couple of points are because of front engine rear drive layout.

None of the Mustang's direct competitors are much different on these points.

Golf's transverse (and smaller) engine saves a lot of engine-compartment room. It also sits higher and the driver is more upright ... saves length in the passenger compartment. The transmission isn't between the footwells. The higher and squared off roofline lets the rear seat passengers sit more upright, which saves more length in the passenger compartment.

11. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      02-07-2020 11:35 AM #35
      The trail of goo and slime miles long.
      Instagram - efrie004

12. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Cars
      '19 Alfa Romeo Stelvio, '18 Mazda CX-5
      02-07-2020 11:35 AM #36
      girlfriend approved

02-07-2020 01:47 PM #37
      Really? You have no idea why a purpose build 2 door sports coupe that prioritize style has worse space efficiency and visibility than a square hatchback and 2 door sedan with tall roof line? Come on...

14. Member
      Cars
      02-07-2020 02:25 PM #38
      Quote Originally Posted by GoFaster View Post
      Long hood, short deck, sloping rear roofline, low floor and low roofline to produce a sporty driving position low to the ground, transmission and prop-shaft tunnel up the middle, big wheels and tires, rear suspension not designed for space efficiency. The first three points are mostly styling, partly to accommodate a big engine, and a little bit of weight distribution and perhaps a bit of aero. The last couple of points are because of front engine rear drive layout.

None of the Mustang's direct competitors are much different on these points.

Golf's transverse (and smaller) engine saves a lot of engine-compartment room. It also sits higher and the driver is more upright ... saves length in the passenger compartment. The transmission isn't between the footwells. The higher and squared off roofline lets the rear seat passengers sit more upright, which saves more length in the passenger compartment.
      Did you miss the part where I drove the M2? The seating in the Mustang is like a ****ing barcalounger in comparison. Ford is notorious for seats that are unusually high off the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
      Really? You have no idea why a purpose build 2 door sports coupe that prioritize style has worse space efficiency and visibility than a square hatchback and 2 door sedan with tall roof line? Come on...
      ...I don't know what to say. The height between the M2 and Mustang GT are within 1%-3% of one another (depending on if you get the convertible or fastback). No one publishes H-Points (well, Car & Driver used to, but good luck navigating their new website), but they cannot be that drastically different. Stop making excuses for Ford's ****ty packaging.
      Last edited by unhappymeal; 02-07-2020 at 02:33 PM.

15. Member
      Cars
      02-07-2020 02:37 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by CTK View Post
      Exactly

Plus I'd bet the S65 in the E9x M3 was similar in size to the Coyote, at least length wise as they are only 1-2mm diff in bore. Therefore by the bench racing associative property a V8 would probably fit in the 2 without issue

But even that old E92 was smaller and roomier than the current Mustang. I just don't see what you get for its relative hugeness
      I already replied to another poster, but Ford's seats are like barcaloungers. They are absolutely massive compared to BMWs'. The same goes for the Camaro and Challenger. It's not limited to the pony cars though. Go drive a Focus RS, Civic Type-R, Golf R and STI back-to-back. You'll immediately notice how thick and tall the RS seats are, especially compared to the Type-R's faux shells.

Cars
      '12 Golf R - sold, '04 GLI, '18 GTI
      02-07-2020 02:50 PM #40
      Saw this today. Notice the front windshield, similar to the patent they applied for not long ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12