Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    1. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      02-13-2020 09:30 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by DY View Post
      If you care about resale value, stick with Toyota. The Tacoma and Tundra are at the top of the list each year. My 2019 has all the tech I need in a truck and the reliability speaks for itself.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
      While the Tundra does well it’s worth noting the Silverado and Sierra are only 4-5% behind it. Marginal at most.

Trucks hold their value well, period. Just make sure you get a crew cab, v8, and 4x4.

https://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-re...-pickup-truck/
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
      maybe its just me, but i wouldnt put anything in the circle of "unrealistic" when it comes to sex.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 02-13-2020 10:12 AM #27
      Quote Originally Posted by VeeDub_L_U View Post
      I pulled the trigger on a black AT4 6.2 with sunroof and 20" wheels with duratracs. Hopefully get it shortly after the weekend!
      Basically the Trail Boss with a touch of Denali

Nice score. The 6.2L is the only way id own a GM 1500
      Boiler Up!

Cars
      GMC, SAABs,VW's, MG ect..
      02-13-2020 10:34 AM #28
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post
      AT4 w/ 6.2L all day, every day.

That motor is tits.

I recently drove a 1500 AT4 6.2L. I'd be obligated to at least sit in a new RAM, but the stigma associated with them would probably sway me away. I would however consider an F150.
      From what I can find the F150 is out unless regular cab if I was going to plow. Rams and rust are something of my nightmares

Quote Originally Posted by DY View Post
      If you care about resale value, stick with Toyota. The Tacoma and Tundra are at the top of the list each year. My 2019 has all the tech I need in a truck and the reliability speaks for itself.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Most likely this will be a long time work truck. The current GMC needs rust work now and catch up on another round of maintenance, so for a nearly 20yo truck I think it is time to call it after the 4th cracked manifold.

While the Tundra does well it’s worth noting the Silverado and Sierra are only 4-5% behind it. Marginal at most.

Trucks hold their value well, period. Just make sure you get a crew cab, v8, and 4x4.

https://www.kbb.com/new-cars/best-re...-pickup-truck/

Its a tough call, my luck with Fords and Chevy has not been the most rosy experience, hell it makes Corrado life way less drama filled.

Quote Originally Posted by Juiced6.3 View Post
      Basically the Trail Boss with a touch of Denali

Nice score. The 6.2L is the only way id own a GM 1500

Current 8.1l is a towing monster, but averaging 8-9mpgs makes the eyes water some times.

I know the Tundras well so that is easy, going to go drive a GMC with the 6.2 and compare. The 3.0 Duramax seems like a great motor but cant seem to find any reviews on using it for plowing.

5. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      02-13-2020 11:15 AM #29
      I pulled the trigger on a black AT4 6.2 with sunroof and 20" wheels with duratracs. Hopefully get it shortly after the weekend!
      Congrats, that's a hell of a rig.

Missed that this morning.
      Instagram - efrie004

maybe its just me, but i wouldnt put anything in the circle of "unrealistic" when it comes to sex.

6. Member
      Cars
      '91 E30, '91 Volvo 740, '19 STi, '19 Rebel
      02-13-2020 11:27 AM #30
      Hey OP, I had a similar thing last year choosing a new truck, I didn't own a Tundra but I drove it frequent, at the end I chose a Ram because the ride is that much better, in an ideal world, I would want:

- Tundra exterior
      - GM 6.2L engine
      - Ram's ZF transmission, ride quality and interior.

I've drove Titan and it's just a "meh" truck, only attractiveness is the incentives.

7. 02-13-2020 11:44 AM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDeckMan View Post
      From what I can find the F150 is out unless regular cab if I was going to plow. Rams and rust are something of my nightmares

Current 8.1l is a towing monster, but averaging 8-9mpgs makes the eyes water some times.

I know the Tundras well so that is easy, going to go drive a GMC with the 6.2 and compare. The 3.0 Duramax seems like a great motor but cant seem to find any reviews on using it for plowing.

Rams and rust piss me off. Mine started at year 5 of ownership but has gotten really bad over the last 6 months. 2013!
      A coworker bought a 2014 Silverado 6 months after i bought my Ram. 0 rust and it has close to 100k on the clock.

I love the Rams. Mine has been rock solid for 110k+ miles. Off roading, pulling countless cars, hauling the boat, and even my sister's camper a few times. Part of me wants to be stupid and order the full on Ram Runner kit and fiberwerx fenders but i might get into a lot of trouble with it

I like the idea of the 3.0L duramax and cummins diesels but i don't want to hassle with all the emission stuff. I don't really need the HD truck and that is probably when i'd opt for a diesel
      Boiler Up!

8. 02-13-2020 12:05 PM #32
      Not that it really matters much since you already bought the truck, but some vids to watch for comparisons.

2020 Tundra TRD Pro
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PgovwKWmdw

2019 GMC AT4
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcKSMLqGc9A

9. Member
      Cars
      2019 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2.0T, 2020 Hyundai Palisade
      02-13-2020 01:26 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by Mikepea View Post
      I’d hold off until the new Tundras are out. I can’t imagine they are too far off, potentially as 2021 models. I’d bet on them with TT V-6 and rear coil springs.
      2021 models were shown at Chicago. They are the same as 2020. Rumor is new truck will be here at the end of 2021 as a 2022 model. So still ways away.

Cars
      Manual Avant
      02-13-2020 03:04 PM #34
      Quote Originally Posted by Avus View Post

This one is like WTF!!

I know it is just a work truck but still don't want to brand as "the guy who drive the ugly truck"
      Whoever designed this should be shot.

11. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      02-13-2020 03:08 PM #35
      Quote Originally Posted by Jettavr666 View Post
      It's a lot.
      Instagram - efrie004

Cars
      '92 Jetta 2.1L 16V '08 Mazda3 GT '19 Ram Sport
      02-13-2020 03:11 PM #36
      Quote Originally Posted by Jettavr666 View Post
      Well yes, but also the people who green lit this.
      InstaGram J92Jcarpic 100% Stance Free

13. 02-13-2020 08:38 PM #37
      Hey sorry I haven't updated.

I got the truck, I'm three days with it. It is absolutely amazing compared to the Tundra. I haven't given the domestics a shot in the past. I just kept getting Tundra after Tundra. This is LEAPS and BOUNDS above the Toyota. The 6.2 is silky smooth, the shifts are something to get used to but when you do it's incredible. The seats, the infotainment (although nowhere near RAM) is great for me. And I never in my life thought I'd say this but the BOSE is outstanding.The JBL in my Tundra was an absolute joke. Not only was it too boomy, it rattled like my truck was made out of old beer cans. But with that said, it's hard to decide to listen to music or just listen to the exhaust note. It's very subtle but it's just got that lovely GM small block sound.
      The seats are very comfortable. My Dad came with me to pick it up and he's got 4 herniated disks in his back and 2 in his neck with hip issues and he didn't have a problem at all. He said that's the only ride he's been able to enjoy otherwise he'd be super uncomfortable. The tailgate is amazing, the heated steering wheel is great, the general quality of the interior is stellar. I know it's not the prettiest but I'm in a 2 year lease so I'll basically get new ones every 18 months. It JUST fits into my garage, but thankfully it actually does! We are having -30 weather lately.
      My only gripes are the column shift and that you have to plug in for Apple Carplay. Why is that? Especially with a wireless charger.
      Anyhow, I can't praise this truck enough. I can't believe it took me this long to stray from Toyota.
      If anybody has any questions about the truck let me know!
      2020 GMC Sierra AT4 with 6.2

1968 Firebird. 383 Stroker 4spd.

14. Member
      02-13-2020 09:09 PM #38
      Keep an eye on the MQB 10sp. trans. I have two die-hard Chevy friends who both got rid of theirs because of transmission issues...they were just frustrated at how much time their trucks were in the shop (under warranty of course). The AT4 is a good looking truck though, and congratulations on your new ride.
      '14 F-150 FX4 (bread and butter)
      '11 GTI (wifeys)
      '13 MIATA (dumb modified weekend thrasher)

02-13-2020 10:01 PM #39
      I jumped on the thread and figured I’d add my experience and where I’m at now with my truck. Previously owned 2 Tundras (2000 extended cab and 2007 Crewmax 5.7). After 7 years of ownership with the Crewmax the excessively rusted frame, horrible white paint that was defective from the factory, noisy and not great on fuel 5.7 I was thinking about moving on. The rear wheel bearings that were worn out at 75k miles causing the annoying rotor hat rub on the dust shields were the final straw and I stopped at the local GMC dealership to drive the (then-new) 2015 Sierra 1500 SLT. I was blown away at how quiet and comfortable the truck was and that was the last day the Tundra was mine.

I enjoyed the GMC very much for just under 3 years. It never had any issues, rusted significantly less, and got much better fuel economy. And although the 5.3l V8 didn’t compare to the power of the Tundra, it was more than enough for our needs. The GMC was great until the day I traded it in for new car for my wife after hers was victim to a hit-and-run.

It took less than a year without a truck and I decided it was time to get another GM, but this time went with a crew cab Silverado. Realized within a month that it was a mistake. Because we took a hit on trading to replace the damaged car, I opted for a cheaper model LT missing many of the options the Sierra had. My wife constantly called it the “base-model” truck and hated driving it since it had no proximity sensors, adjustable foot pedals, or memory seats. And the transmission was just terrible. The final straw was a rotational noise coming from the transmission was highway speeds that I just didn’t want to deal with.

Flash forward to December, and my wife was putting the heat on me about getting a new truck. I knew this time it was all or nothing, and I wanted to go back to a GMC. A Tundra wasn’t a consideration because it was the same truck, same frames, same motor with fancier color options. We got a boat last year and I ended up towing it more than 60 times during the summer and fall, and I was intent on going diesel this time. I had been following the introduction of the 3.0L inline diesel from GM, and its 10-speed transmission and then of course there was the 11,000 GVWR lb Duramax 2500HD elephant in the room.
      My wife caught me browsing the GMC site and convinced me to go into the dealer to take a look at the trucks in person.

I had fallen in love with the AT4 2500HD after seeing the press release photos, but a price tag well over $70k with the Duramax was a bit intimidating. We ended up test-driving both a 1500 diesel Denali 1500 and then a 2500HD Duramax with the SLT packaged for a back-to-back comparison. I realized quickly that taking the HD out for a drive was a mistake, as the 6.6L Duramax did not disappoint. The 3.0L was very smooth with the 10-speed, but after seriously considering all my options I decided to bite the bullet and get the nearly unlimited tow capacity of the 2500HD with the AT4 Premium package and Duramax/Allison combo in Carbon Black Metallic. I’ve only hade it two weeks, but I am in love and can’t wait to tow my boat with it! Or better yet, get a bigger, heavier boat since the new truck can handle it like a champ!

Last edited by Gabriel J; 02-13-2020 at 10:09 PM.

16. 02-13-2020 10:42 PM #40
      That's great to hear.
      We have a 2011 Duramax dually in our fleet. It has been great. Just the same old minor issues you'd expect with a truck tied to a trailer 24/7. GMC knocked it out of the park on this 1500 in my opinion. And up here in Canada it was still $74 000 thanks to our ****ty economy right now. But, I'm going to try towing the trailer with this and possibly get rid of the dually while it's still got a lot of value.
      2020 GMC Sierra AT4 with 6.2

1968 Firebird. 383 Stroker 4spd.

17. Member
      Cars
      2015 VW GTI SE
      02-14-2020 09:24 AM #41
      i saw going to say no way for GM truck because there is one i just saw is SO UGLY.... but GMC Sierra still look ok

This one is like WTF!!

I know it is just a work truck but still don't want to brand as "the guy who drive the ugly truck"
      The OP asked about the AT4, so why are we talking about the Sierra HD?
      It's a very different truck.

18. Member
      Cars
      2015 VW GTI SE
      02-14-2020 09:29 AM #42
      I'm on my 5th Tundra now and have started to sway a little bit since Toyota is dragging their feet with any kind of innovation to keep up with competition. The GMC AT4 caught my eye. The AT4 in particular. It seems to be leaps and bounds above the Toyota. The only thing I hate is the interior but I can get over that for the technology and power of the 6.2. Anybody have any experience between these two trucks?
      Does the Tundra still have half the plastic dashboard spray painted silver?
      If so, how can the Sierra AT4's interior be offensive to you?
      I don't get the hate for the current GM truck's interiors, TBH.
      I say this as someone who went to college for car design, and who has worked 20 or so years as an industrial designer.
      Design is subjective and everyone has a valid opinion, but to my eyes, the interior criticism feels overblown.

Cars
      2019 Golf R, Lapiz Blue, DSG; 2009 Honda Element EX.
      02-14-2020 10:05 AM #43

This one is like WTF!!

Being in a small or even average-sized vehicle front of all of those acres of chrome will be like having a goddamned quasar in your rear view mirror
      Quote Originally Posted by Gaki View Post
      So besides a massive case of mud butt for a week straight followed by a $25,000+ stay at a hospital when I got back, I'd say the trip was

20. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      02-14-2020 10:32 AM #44
      Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel J View Post
      I jumped on the thread and figured I’d add my experience and where I’m at now with my truck. Previously owned 2 Tundras (2000 extended cab and 2007 Crewmax 5.7). After 7 years of ownership with the Crewmax the excessively rusted frame, horrible white paint that was defective from the factory, noisy and not great on fuel 5.7 I was thinking about moving on. The rear wheel bearings that were worn out at 75k miles causing the annoying rotor hat rub on the dust shields were the final straw and I stopped at the local GMC dealership to drive the (then-new) 2015 Sierra 1500 SLT. I was blown away at how quiet and comfortable the truck was and that was the last day the Tundra was mine.

I enjoyed the GMC very much for just under 3 years. It never had any issues, rusted significantly less, and got much better fuel economy. And although the 5.3l V8 didn’t compare to the power of the Tundra, it was more than enough for our needs. The GMC was great until the day I traded it in for new car for my wife after hers was victim to a hit-and-run.

It took less than a year without a truck and I decided it was time to get another GM, but this time went with a crew cab Silverado. Realized within a month that it was a mistake. Because we took a hit on trading to replace the damaged car, I opted for a cheaper model LT missing many of the options the Sierra had. My wife constantly called it the “base-model” truck and hated driving it since it had no proximity sensors, adjustable foot pedals, or memory seats. And the transmission was just terrible. The final straw was a rotational noise coming from the transmission was highway speeds that I just didn’t want to deal with.

Flash forward to December, and my wife was putting the heat on me about getting a new truck. I knew this time it was all or nothing, and I wanted to go back to a GMC. A Tundra wasn’t a consideration because it was the same truck, same frames, same motor with fancier color options. We got a boat last year and I ended up towing it more than 60 times during the summer and fall, and I was intent on going diesel this time. I had been following the introduction of the 3.0L inline diesel from GM, and its 10-speed transmission and then of course there was the 11,000 GVWR lb Duramax 2500HD elephant in the room.
      My wife caught me browsing the GMC site and convinced me to go into the dealer to take a look at the trucks in person.

I had fallen in love with the AT4 2500HD after seeing the press release photos, but a price tag well over $70k with the Duramax was a bit intimidating. We ended up test-driving both a 1500 diesel Denali 1500 and then a 2500HD Duramax with the SLT packaged for a back-to-back comparison. I realized quickly that taking the HD out for a drive was a mistake, as the 6.6L Duramax did not disappoint. The 3.0L was very smooth with the 10-speed, but after seriously considering all my options I decided to bite the bullet and get the nearly unlimited tow capacity of the 2500HD with the AT4 Premium package and Duramax/Allison combo in Carbon Black Metallic. I’ve only hade it two weeks, but I am in love and can’t wait to tow my boat with it! Or better yet, get a bigger, heavier boat since the new truck can handle it like a champ!

Very nice!
      Instagram - efrie004

21. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      02-14-2020 10:33 AM #45
      Quote Originally Posted by whitejeep1989 View Post
      The OP asked about the AT4, so why are we talking about the Sierra HD?
      It's a very different truck.
      You know the AT4 is just a trim, right?

You can get an AT4 2500HD.
      Instagram - efrie004

22. Member
      Cars
      2015 VW GTI SE
      02-14-2020 10:57 AM #46

Yup, but since he was comparing it to a Tundra (which doesn't offer an HD), I just assumed OP wasn't looking for the HD.

Cars
      GMC, SAABs,VW's, MG ect..
      02-14-2020 11:37 AM #47
      Quote Originally Posted by Gabriel J View Post

Nice truck!

24. Member
      Cars
      '19 5500, '15 1500, '98 5.3L TJ, '01 DT466 4700LP
      02-14-2020 12:18 PM #48

Is AT4 the new Z71?

But, I'm going to try towing the trailer with this and possibly get rid of the dually while it's still got a lot of value.
      Gotta imagine the new 6.4 is going to pull just fine.

Lets see some pictures man!

25. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      02-14-2020 02:49 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by Gitcha Sum View Post
      Is AT4 the new Z71?

Nah.

Z71 was strictly an option, and all exterior.

AT4 is an actual trim level, different interior, exterior, suspension, etc etc. The Z71 was mostly suspension, skid plates, rear diff. You already know this though.
      Instagram - efrie004

26. 02-14-2020 04:31 PM #50
      Quote Originally Posted by Gitcha Sum View Post
      Is AT4 the new Z71?

I think AT4 is the GMC version of Chevy's Trail Boss
      But it seems GMC is trying to move more upscale from Chevy. It may have always been this way but i could never tell the difference
      Boiler Up!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast