Fourtitude.com - Coronavirus: US Declares Public Health Emergency
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 122 of 535 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast
    Results 3,026 to 3,050 of 13363
      An island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water.
      Cars
      2.15678L 16V ABA, SN 95 Mustang V8, 2013 Frontier V6
      03-23-2020 08:50 AM #3026
      Quote Originally Posted by Silly_me View Post
      It doesn't help that there was a recall of those masks (from China) fairly recently
      Well, that is one sure sly way of getting equipment that you desperately need back for this type of emergency. What's the easiest way a manufacturer can get a product back from a consumer that otherwise would not surrender it easily.... #RECALL

Quote Originally Posted by NashGTI View Post
      It leaves things open as essential services that are in no way essential, and the press conference at least didn't lay out what will happen if you break the order. Not that you can really enforce it well anyway as they're still encouraging people to get out, just not work. Also they set the social gathering limit at 10 when it could probably be much lower.
      Right where I'm at (PR, USA) the governor went into shut down after the music festival fiasco were we had a tourist act as patient zero inside a dance / music festival knowing he had full blown open symptoms (the guy is a doctor) were he deliberately flew to NYC infected; down to Florida and to Puerto Rico for the Zalsa festival then when he got back to his home country of Panama in the airport he declared what he had and was tested immediately and sent to the hospital. The government of Panama gave the Governor or PR a heads up of what happened and 2 - 4 days latter we went into full lock down / quarantine. Only essential services which were stated in the initial press release and announcement could operate. Anything else had to shut down or face a penalty of $5k per employee forced to work. If you are caught outside you get a warning (which was done in the first 2 days) if caught outside and you are a non essential or are out to get medicine, food or groceries you get arrested, fined $5,000.00 plus 6 months in jail. We currently have 23 positive, 2 dead and 79 cases pending testing. of the 23 positive 11 came from the music Zalsa festival thanks to the Panamanian doctor. Lock down arrests are up to 190 so we have more morons that positive and pending Covid-19 infected and possibly infected people.

Businesses currently defined as essential are grocery stores (sams and Costco included), banking (only teller operations), doctors and nurses, medical, restaurants for carry out only, pharmacies and gas stations. Everything else is closed.
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      Banging a hooker will make the wasps go away? I'm off to find a bee's nest. BRB.
      Quote Originally Posted by 88c900t View Post
      You mean CalDeRoo?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      7.4, 6.4, 5.7 & 2.0T
      03-23-2020 09:05 AM #3027
      After 1,000 confirmed cases and nine deaths as of Sunday, Michigan expected to announce 'stay at home' order Monday as coronavirus cases climb.
      Quote Originally Posted by admirallaserbeam
      Rotary engines suck, dont get the miata
      2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4 | 2018 RAM 1500 | 2000 Cobalt 246 w/454 Mag MPI

RareSportBikesForSale.com | German Cars For Sale Blog

Cars
      A blue oval and a bowtie. Domestic swill.
      03-23-2020 09:53 AM #3028
      Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumGLS View Post
      After 1,000 confirmed cases and nine deaths as of Sunday, Michigan expected to announce 'stay at home' order Monday as coronavirus cases climb.
      Mrs. DonL will be happy, except I'm worried that "certain manufacturing operations" would somehow drag us into the fray. We're both pretty stressed about it already, and I really want to be home.
      "I get my kicks above the waistline, sunshine."

An island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water.
      Cars
      2.15678L 16V ABA, SN 95 Mustang V8, 2013 Frontier V6
      03-23-2020 10:05 AM #3029
      Quote Originally Posted by DonL View Post
      Mrs. DonL will be happy, except I'm worried that "certain manufacturing operations" would somehow drag us into the fray. We're both pretty stressed about it already, and I really want to be home.
      I feel you; I just found out that I have been placed on the "essential employee" list in the event that some of the warehouse guys gets ill at work.
      Quote Originally Posted by Time for a GTI View Post
      Banging a hooker will make the wasps go away? I'm off to find a bee's nest. BRB.
      Quote Originally Posted by 88c900t View Post
      You mean CalDeRoo?

03-23-2020 10:32 AM #3030
      I think he'll be gone by Friday:

'I can't jump in front of the microphone and push him down': Fauci addresses Trump coronavirus claims

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...mp/2897004001/

Cars
      2015 Outback
      03-23-2020 10:36 AM #3031
      MA announced closure of all nonessential businesses starting at noon tomorrow through April 7th.

https://whdh.com/news/gov-baker-issu...f-coronavirus/
      -Matt

Cars
      15 Rav4
      03-23-2020 10:37 AM #3032
      Quote Originally Posted by OttaCee View Post
      My company is one of the worlds largest producers of the N95 masks. In the US alone, we are building dozens of temporary factories that will be up and running within 15-20 days and hire close to new 10,000 workers. Today, we have doubled our output and once all factories are up, 20x day output. All N95 masks previously made were for commercial purposes but all the new plants will make industrial level mask for the government and healthcare facilities.
      Thank you for inventing Scotch Tape.

Cars
      03-23-2020 10:51 AM #3033
      Quote Originally Posted by Old Windy View Post
      I feel you; I just found out that I have been placed on the "essential employee" list in the event that some of the warehouse guys gets ill at work.
      If we're in a skeleton crew situation to maintain certain equipment, I'd probably be on that list, too. Except I'd be probably one of maybe a half dozen in the building at any one time. Also, one of our directors said that if we're told to shut down, the company could petition the state to be considered, "essential," as we could furnish testing services to the medical industry as they ramp up. That's a pretty weasel move, IMO, but I know damn well sure they'd use that as an excuse for the state but we'd still end up doing the same crap as usual. It would be funny if they wanted two or three weeks to shelter in place but the petition process takes as long as the sheltering time.

Cars
      03-23-2020 10:53 AM #3034
      Quote Originally Posted by Lwize View Post
      Thank you for inventing Scotch Tape.
      I've always been fond of their flynns.

11. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Cars
      2019 Audi eTron, 2018 R8 RWS, 2002 Chevy 2500HD, 1988 16v Scirocco
      03-23-2020 10:54 AM #3035
      . It would be funny if they wanted two or three weeks to shelter in place but the petition process takes as long as the sheltering time.
      I would suspect if they are that gunho on keeping you open, you would be working those two-three weeks of appeals.

We are officially on skeleton crew. We are technically open by appointment only. I will be sitting here for 7 hours waiting for the phone to ring for someone to come in and look at a car.
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

Cars
      03-23-2020 10:57 AM #3036
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      I would suspect if they are that gunho on keeping you open, you would be working those two-three weeks of appeals.
      ****. I really don't want to be here.

13. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      03-23-2020 10:58 AM #3037

We are officially on skeleton crew. We are technically open by appointment only. I will be sitting here for 7 hours waiting for the phone to ring for someone to come in and look at a car.
      You need to get some RC cars or hot wheels sets and go to town inside the showroom. Or a slot-car racer.

Unless you guys turned off the chatbots and are all chatting at potential customers who want something for nothing ().
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

14. 03-23-2020 11:00 AM #3038
      Quote Originally Posted by vwtool View Post
      I think he'll be gone by Friday:
      Trump is ready to end the shutdown too. He apparently watched this guy on Fox News.

Donald J. Trump
      @realDonaldTrump
      WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF. AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!
      The man is destined to bring an end to this country.

15. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      03-23-2020 11:01 AM #3039
      ****. I really don't want to be here.
      My town more than doubled in Covid-19 cases overnight. From 5 to 11.

"Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"

Cars
      7.4, 6.4, 5.7 & 2.0T
      03-23-2020 11:05 AM #3040
      The problem with many people not taking this seriously is that no one they personally know has been physically impacted by it to a severe degree let alone died from it.
      2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4 | 2018 RAM 1500 | 2000 Cobalt 246 w/454 Mag MPI

17. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Cars
      03-23-2020 11:06 AM #3041
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post

Unless you guys turned off the chatbots and are all chatting at potential customers who want something for nothing ().
      this is really what it is. We had 13 leads this morning. A typical Monday morning we have 40+. Most of what we get are useless, so I am interested to see if that trend continues through this or if people are really still thinking about coming in.
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.

Cars
      7.4, 6.4, 5.7 & 2.0T
      03-23-2020 11:10 AM #3042
      this is really what it is. We had 13 leads this morning. A typical Monday morning we have 40+. Most of what we get are useless, so I am interested to see if that trend continues through this or if people are really still thinking about coming in.
      I know of dealerships asking customers not to come in. Instead, they deliver the cars to prospective customer's house or office.

19. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Cars
      03-23-2020 11:11 AM #3043
      I know of dealerships asking customers not to come in. Instead, they deliver the cars to prospective customer's house or office.
      Also very much on the table. But we have not had that happen yet. I am not sure if I would feel comfortable doing it, personally, tho...

Who knows what youre walking into...

20. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      03-23-2020 11:18 AM #3044
      If anyone asks if you have a car in a color that matches their track suit, it's McMike.

03-23-2020 11:21 AM #3045
      Quote Originally Posted by spockcat View Post
      Trump is ready to end the shutdown too. He apparently watched this guy on Fox News.

The man is destined to bring an end to this country.
      Exactly what 15 day period are they looking at though? Each state has been starting whenever they wanted. Massachusetts only just started their 15 day period today, for example. That's part of the problem: having a 15 day shutdown doesn't do much when every state gets to decide when to start and end.

22. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Below the glide path to KAUS, Outside COTA
      Cars
      Dodge, Hyundai, Toyota, VW
      03-23-2020 11:22 AM #3046
      Quote Originally Posted by AZGolf View Post
      Exactly what 15 day period are they looking at though? Each state has been starting whenever they wanted. Massachusetts only just started their 15 day period today, for example. That's part of the problem: having a 15 day shutdown doesn't do much when every state gets to decide when to start and end.
      We haven't even started yet.
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

23. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      03-23-2020 11:23 AM #3047
      The problem with many people not taking this seriously is that no one they personally know has been physically impacted by it to a severe degree let alone died from it.
      I'm less than 6 degrees from a Covid-19 death. Me> Co-worker> co-worker's wife> co-worker in same department

Someone in my wife's building tested positive and they sent everyone home, immediately. She was already WFH at that point. Her company did an internal investigation to find out who the infected had contacted. Those people were contacted by the company & health people. It happened most riki-tik.

24. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Cars
      03-23-2020 11:24 AM #3048
      Quote Originally Posted by AZGolf View Post
      Exactly what 15 day period are they looking at though?
      Im sure you know this, and asked rhetorically, but I venture my guess to be a week from Wednesday. Last Monday was when he suggested to have everyone stay away from social gatherings for 15 days.

But your point is far more valid. Staying at home, for 15 days is a great way to slow the spread, if every, single, person, did it. But that clearly wont happen....

25. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      03-23-2020 11:25 AM #3049
      Also very much on the table. But we have not had that happen yet. I am not sure if I would feel comfortable doing it, personally, tho...

Who knows what youre walking into...
      How far you willing to deliver? I'll have a trade-in, so you have transportation back. Much Earth F**king.

26. I need new ones NeverEnoughCars's Avatar
      Below the glide path to KAUS, Outside COTA
      Cars
      Dodge, Hyundai, Toyota, VW
      03-23-2020 11:29 AM #3050
      Last Monday was when he suggested to have everyone stay away from social gatherings for 15 days.
      But people didnt follow that suggestion. So when do we start the 15 day period?
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio! View Post
      Pedantry: winning arguments through exasperation since 1651. An Old World Tradition!
      "Now i am become death the destroyer of worlds."-bhagavad gita
      “Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” -T.S. Eliot

Page 122 of 535 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132172222 ... LastLast