Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
      Cars
      2019 Alfa Romeo Giulia Ti Sport Q4, 1987 Scirocco 16V, 1989 Jetta GL
      03-18-2020 11:38 AM #76
      Quote Originally Posted by SourKrout View Post
      After taking the Ti Sport below for a test drive last Saturday an enjoying it, it sure would be tough to justify spending $50k on a new car. This would apply with any luxury brand but I was somewhat underwhelmed with the entire experience for what your money buys you.

https://www.alfaromeousaofmechanicsb...4ff327f0e3.htm

The car itself drove wonderfully with the sentiments shared by others being true here too. The power and HK stereo/leather quality didn't blow me away but it drove so well that in true TCL fashion it'd be an easy decision to buy one used. The best part was the salesman while a bit over the top (claiming it had a Ferrari derived 4cyl) had a COVID-19 related emergency meeting and left me with the car for an extra 30 minutes which was time well spent being able to mess around with the infotainment, etc.

Our dealer charges $270 for an oil change which seems to be middle of the road based on other posts but still a tough pill to swallow.
      If you can stomach the base seats and lack-of paddle shifters, the base models are a decent deal if you want the performance at a lower price. The flat seats don't grip you well in spirited driving though.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 03-18-2020 12:02 PM #77
      I've got two local dealers - one is shared Alfa/Maser/BMW and one is FIAT/Alfa/Jeep/Ram. The second one charged me $190 I think. That's a lot, probably too much, but it's only every 10k vs. 5-7k what I'd DIY. So the annual out of pocket isn't that much more.

Cars
      7.4, 6.4, 5.7 & 2.0T
      03-18-2020 12:20 PM #78
      Here is the invoice previous owner paid for dealership oil change in October 2019. $104.85 plus tax.

5. Member
      Cars
      18 Taco, 83 GTI
      03-18-2020 01:12 PM #79
      Quote Originally Posted by silverspeedbuggy View Post
      If you can stomach the base seats and lack-of paddle shifters, the base models are a decent deal if you want the performance at a lower price. The flat seats don't grip you well in spirited driving though.
      It'd be the same case for any competitors car (3 series, S60, etc.) where if you're spending 50k they don't necessarily feel worth the money. The base seats weren't as bad as comments make them out to be though, sure they won't hold you well in spirited driving but they felt comfortable enough. That being said, the Ti Sport seats would be a must have, they're the Goldilocks of seats to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Cr4shT3st View Post
      I've got two local dealers - one is shared Alfa/Maser/BMW and one is FIAT/Alfa/Jeep/Ram. The second one charged me $190 I think. That's a lot, probably too much, but it's only every 10k vs. 5-7k what I'd DIY. So the annual out of pocket isn't that much more.
      That seems more reasonable, our dealer also had a few Ferrari's in the service bays as well so their labor rates might be higher. The 20k/40k services were $749 which includes oil/brake fluid changes, engine/cabin filters, and a few other misc. inspections. It's service pricing like that which makes me want to just pay for the necessary software (if it exists) to do a fluid flush on the brake by wire system.

03-19-2020 02:15 PM #80
      Ordered a 2020 Sport on 2/6. Still waiting for it to arrive. My salesperson hasn't been very informative in the process. Could be on a boat ... could still be at the factory .... basically waiting in the dark until it arrives.

Going for the base model with only 3 options ... paint, upgraded stereo, and sport package. $43K.

7. 03-25-2020 02:35 AM #81
      My 4C.

8. Member
      Cars
      2002 A4 1.8TQ, 2000 S4, 2006 Range Rover Sport
      03-25-2020 01:17 PM #82
      My Quadrifoglio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03-25-2020 01:55 PM #83
      Quote Originally Posted by SourKrout View Post
      Our dealer charges $270 for an oil change which seems to be middle of the road based on other posts but still a tough pill to swallow.
      Quote Originally Posted by Cr4shT3st View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumGLS View Post
      Here is the invoice previous owner paid for dealership oil change in October 2019. $104.85 plus tax.
      I live in an area with a reparative abundance of dealers but most of them are terrible. Two of my local dealers recently went out of business. The other two both charge $485 for an oil change on a base/Ti 2.0 car, which is outrageous. Of those two dealers, I fired one 2 years ago because of their gross incompetence and dishonesty. The other one has horrible reviews stretching back years to when they were a Fiat store run by the same scoundrels. I'm convinced both dealers are engaged in price fixing. Neither one will ever see a cent from me ever again.

I DIY'd my last oil change. I'll do one more oil change before I return my car at lease end. I'll probably never buy a new Alfa again. Not because the car is bad but because service is such a terrible experience.

03-25-2020 01:55 PM #84
      Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
      My 4C.
      Nice. Just detailed and ceramic coated I take it? Looks incredible. The 4C has really grown on me the past few years.

11. 03-25-2020 08:56 PM #85
      Quote Originally Posted by freedomgli View Post
      Nice. Just detailed and ceramic coated I take it? Looks incredible. The 4C has really grown on me the past few years.
      Yup, exactly.

Thank you. I definitely take good care of it.

Hard to believe, but I have it 5 years now. It's a Launch Edition car that I bought in March of 2015. It has 15k miles on it.

I absolutely love it. It's beautiful to look at, it's pretty quick, it sounds amazing, and it gives you that sense of occasion when you take it out.

It's definitely not for everyone, but about 10 seconds into my test drive, I knew it was right for me.

12. 03-25-2020 08:58 PM #86
      BTW, nice Giulia. Your color choice is suspect, but other than that....

13. Member
      Cars
      2020 Toyota 86
      03-25-2020 09:00 PM #87
      Quote Originally Posted by Flash View Post
      My 4C.

Is that a garage with a full wall of glass? It looks amazing.

14. 03-26-2020 01:16 AM #88
      Quote Originally Posted by troyguitar View Post
      Is that a garage with a full wall of glass? It looks amazing.
      While I'd love to say "Why yes! That's one of my 19 garages.", truth is, it's my detailers finishing room LOL.

Cars
      987.2 | GTI
      03-26-2020 02:26 AM #89
      Quote Originally Posted by freedomgli View Post
      I DIY'd my last oil change. I'll do one more oil change before I return my car at lease end. I'll probably never buy a new Alfa again. Not because the car is bad but because service is such a terrible experience.
      Just curious...but is continuing to maintain it yourself not an option?

16. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      03-26-2020 09:51 AM #90
      Quote Originally Posted by kiznarsh View Post
      Just curious...but is continuing to maintain it yourself not an option?
      You know how I know you never dated an Italian woman?

"Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

17. 03-26-2020 09:55 AM #91
      I will take mine to the dealer for service through the warranty period - because it's convenient and the service intervals are pretty infrequent - but I would like to eventually DIY. I really love this car and I hope I don't change my mind on that. I'd like to keep it many years and eventually will want to DIY and modify. I see some Giulia forum members have used Porsche jack pucks on the Alfa plastic jacking points. I have some from my old cars I can try.

The only thing on this car that worries me long term is the brake by wire. Still not clear if I can DIY pads and rotors without the required computer connection.

Cars
      987.2 | GTI
      03-26-2020 10:52 AM #92
      Quote Originally Posted by GreenandChrome View Post
      You know how I know you never dated an Italian woman?

Cars
      03-26-2020 11:19 AM #93
      Have the other new owners received as many surveys as I have? I think Alfa's sent me 3 and I also got one from a third-party company. I love the car, so I completed them all, but wow: it's a lot of surveys.

20. Learning New Things Every Day. GreenandChrome's Avatar
      Cars
      '12 Earth F****r Limited EL; '12 A4q; '18 UBM Q3q
      03-26-2020 12:03 PM #94
      Have the other new owners received as many surveys as I have? I think Alfa's sent me 3 and I also got one from a third-party company. I love the car, so I completed them all, but wow: it's a lot of surveys.
      Not an Alfa, but the other A brand. I got bombarded. I haven't seen an email lately. Oh wait... they did send out a CoronaVirus one that let me know they're cleaning more frequently in the showroom.
      "Excluding the possibility that a female Scandinavian Olympian was running around outside our house last night, what else might be a possibility?"
      If someone you know is afflicted with Dunning-Kruger, please help. #knowthecure
      @mbull | instagram #imhardlyeverserious
      __________________________________________ #srtallthethings

21. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Cars
      '19 Alfa Romeo Stelvio, '18 Mazda CX-5
      03-26-2020 12:07 PM #95
      Not yet, but I got that leather notepad and stuff like you did last month. I haven't received any surveys, but maybe its cause I'm leasing?

Cars
      7.4, 6.4, 5.7 & 2.0T
      03-26-2020 12:10 PM #96
      No surveys but am getting these automated dealership emails even though I bought the car a few weeks ago...

Why I press the "Unsubscribe" link, I get this error...

23. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Cars
      '19 Alfa Romeo Stelvio, '18 Mazda CX-5
      03-26-2020 12:12 PM #97
      No surveys but am getting these automated dealership emails even though I bought the car a few weeks ago...

Why I press the "Unsubscribe" link, I get this error...

you can report them to the FTC for violating the CAN-SPAM act. Or better yet email your sales person and tell them to remove your email from their CRM or you will report them since their unsubscribe link isnt working

Cars
      7.4, 6.4, 5.7 & 2.0T
      03-26-2020 12:15 PM #98
      Quote Originally Posted by absoluteczech View Post
      you can report them to the FTC for violating the CAN-SPAM act. Or better yet email your sales person and tell them to remove your email from their CRM or you will report them since their unsubscribe link isnt working
      I'll email them, thanks

Cars
      03-26-2020 01:11 PM #99
      Quote Originally Posted by absoluteczech View Post
      Not yet, but I got that leather notepad and stuff like you did last month. I haven't received any surveys, but maybe its cause I'm leasing?
      I'm leasing too. The first survey was a short post-purchase survey about the dealership. The second was an initial-quality one/how am I enjoying the car. The third was a LENGTHY one on my opinions about the car; it took me close to 40 minutes to complete. The most recent was a 90-day one and it focused again on the dealership.

Cars
      987.2 | GTI
      03-26-2020 01:48 PM #100
      The third was a LENGTHY one on my opinions about the car; it took me close to 40 minutes to complete.
      Dedication. You have it.

Pssshhh...I still get emails from the VW dealer asking me to trade in my GTI. Ya know...the one I bought in 2007.

They wanna hear from me!

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast