Fourtitude.com - 03 Passat air bag issue
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 01-21-2020 06:59 PM #1
      Hello I have a 2003 Passat on air bags, I am new with airbags.... all I know is I have manual controls on the dash and a tank and compressor in the trunk, next to trunk I see wires running to a relay...

But my issue is, it’s freezing in Pennsylvania for the past couple days and the other day I went to raise the car and it wouldn’t raise... not sure if lines are frozen but I’m wondering if anyone could help me, and wondering if I can manually force the bags up somehow? I forced the compressor on and it works it just seems maybe a valve to push air to the bags is “frozen” and both valves for the front and rear both don’t work going up, it works going down.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. 01-22-2020 04:15 PM #2
      today it is 40 degrees and I believe its been warm enough to unfreeze anything.... car still is not going up with either valve... any help is appreciated

4. 01-22-2020 05:21 PM #3
      Hey so I messed with it some more today, I did what I did yesterday and touched the two wires to compressor, I pumped it up to 100 psi and the switches work now and I raised it, so basically the compressor isn’t putting air into the tank like it should be, I guess maybe a pressure switch is bad on the tank? Any ideas ?