Fourtitude.com - Setting adjustable Swaybar links
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

1. 01-12-2020 12:21 AM #1
      Is there any reason to set the swaybar links longer or shorter than the factory links? I’m running a 27mm front swaybar with factory springs can Koni Active FSB shocks and ECS adjustable links. Just curious if I should make any adjustments to the endlinks different from factory length.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      MK4 .:R32
      01-12-2020 12:52 AM #2
      Endlinks only need to be adjusted when the ride height is changed. Ideally you want the swaybar to be parallel to the ground. When you lower a car it will angle up slightly, throwing off the geometry. So it only needs to be adjusted on cars that are not factory ride height

4. 01-12-2020 12:54 AM #3
      Quote Originally Posted by Dandaman919 View Post
      Endlinks only need to be adjusted when the ride height is changed. Ideally you want the swaybar to be parallel to the ground. When you lower a car it will angle up slightly, throwing off the geometry. So it only needs to be adjusted on cars that are not factory ride height
      I do have a slight lift as I running a little taller tire. Couldn’t be more than 1-1.5” taller. Should I set them at the factory length or shorten them a tad?

5. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

6. Member
      Cars
      MK4 .:R32
      01-12-2020 12:57 AM #4
      Quote Originally Posted by abishoff View Post
      I do have a slight lift as I running a little taller tire. Couldn’t be more than 1-1.5” taller. Should I set them at the factory length or shorten them a tad?

From what I understand a very slight difference shouldn’t be a big deal. If you really want to make sure they’re good then you would want to get under the car with all 4 wheels in the ground and see if the swaybar is parallel with the ground. If it’s not, adjust then longer/shorter as needed.

My car is fairly low and I don’t have adjustable endlinks. I plan to get them eventually but it’s not my top priority.

7. 01-12-2020 01:11 AM #5
      Quote Originally Posted by Dandaman919 View Post
      From what I understand a very slight difference shouldn’t be a big deal. If you really want to make sure they’re good then you would want to get under the car with all 4 wheels in the ground and see if the swaybar is parallel with the ground. If it’s not, adjust then longer/shorter as needed.

My car is fairly low and I don’t have adjustable endlinks. I plan to get them eventually but it’s not my top priority.
      Gotcha. I scored a set of front MK6 GTI swaybars with endlinks that supposedly fit my ‘15. Passat for $200 so I figured l’d install everything.

Cars
      2015 VW tiguan 2.0T
      01-12-2020 08:25 AM #6
      I put a Rsb on about 6 months ago and thought I would need end links. I purchased some 034 motor sports adjustable. I am lowered with springs and koni special actives.

Now if I get in the car it groans. Drive out of my driveway and it groans and creaks. So much noise in the cabin and now it drives me crazy. I will be putting the stock end links back on when I get a chance. I reached out to 034 and they suggested a lube which did nothing, then they said this is normal and expected noises with these end links.

I was looking for performance but it is also my daily driver and I don’t feel the end links were a necessity at my current ride height. However in the near future I am thinking about lowering more with coils and would like an end link that doesn’t have the noise issues.

01-26-2020 12:26 AM #7
      Did you get the 034 sphericals?
      I hate cupholders

Cars
      2015 VW tiguan 2.0T
      01-26-2020 12:59 AM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Tcardio View Post
      Did you get the 034 sphericals?
      Yes, I got these ones.

https://store.034motorsport.com/sway...m_campaign=map

Cars
      2015 VW tiguan 2.0T
      01-26-2020 01:06 AM #9
      Quote Originally Posted by MJG44 View Post
      Yes, I got these ones.

https://store.034motorsport.com/sway...m_campaign=map

Looks like they suggest that you get the dynamic + which are ball joint to minimize the noise. When I purchased that was not made clear.

https://store.034motorsport.com/034m...p-audi-a3.html

01-26-2020 07:57 PM #10
      Quote Originally Posted by MJG44 View Post
      Looks like they suggest that you get the dynamic + which are ball joint to minimize the noise. When I purchased that was not made clear.

https://store.034motorsport.com/034m...p-audi-a3.html

yeah that's what I thought. Sphericals make noise and need lube every oil change. The other ones you highlighted are the way to go. They don't necessarily help you out that way when you order or call
      I hate cupholders

13. 01-26-2020 08:11 PM #11
      If you look at the 034 RSB end links from the front or rear they are at a 15-20 degree angle. If they are set too short the bolt heads can actually rub on outer portion of the heim joints. That will make them creak and groan. I have a lathe and made a set of longer standoffs for the upper end so they more vertical. Since then I haven’t had any noise from the RSB. When I talked to 034 about it they said I should have just lengthened the end links.

Cars
      2005 Holden Cruze
      02-20-2020 04:00 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by abishoff View Post

I understand a very slight difference shouldn’t be a big deal. If you really want to make sure they’re good then you would want to get under the car with all 4 wheels in the ground and see if the swaybar is parallel with the ground.