Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
      Cars
      2019 VW Tiguan SEL-P R Line
      01-08-2020 11:48 AM #51
      Quote Originally Posted by MolotovMan View Post
      Picture out of your 2nd floor window, nice. Clearly the whole county looks like that, you should make the closing decisions so you don't have to be mad about watching your kids.
      Never said it did and not mad about watching my kids since we had fun going to stores and looking at cars at VW, since theyíre both into cars even at their age. But hey I take ownership of feeding the trolls that lack reading comprehension. Hope you feel good for chiming in champ, glad I could help you flex behind that keyboard of yours. I know as much about your situation as you do
      mine, so stay in your swim lane and Iíll stay in mine.

I was only chiming in since OP mentioned heís been in Montana and Alaska, so helping him realize what to expect with weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      VCDS Mod Living Doc: https://tinyurl.com/TigRLineMods

The Gram: https://www.instagram.com/project.tig210/

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      '94 FD RX-7
      01-08-2020 12:03 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by Reihenmotor5 View Post
      Never said it did and not mad about watching my kids since we had fun going to stores and looking at cars at VW, since theyíre both into cars even at their age. But hey I take ownership of feeding the trolls that lack reading comprehension. Hope you feel good for chiming in champ, glad I could help you flex behind that keyboard of yours. I know as much about your situation as you do
      mine, so stay in your swim lane and Iíll stay in mine.

I was only chiming in since OP mentioned heís been in Montana and Alaska, so helping him realize what to expect with weather.

I guess reading comprehension and introspection are lost on your end. OP you probably don't want to move next to this guy.

Cars
      01-08-2020 12:27 PM #53
      Oh boy, introspection you know me from Adam. So Iíll help you out a little. As I said Iím not important, but I have a pretty good handle with introspection considering I watched my son live in a NICU for his first 103 days of his life, I received a kidney from a dear friend two years ago and because of that, every race I run I wear someone in need of a donor on my back in the hopes someone considers being a living donor and advocate for organ donors and recipients. If thereís someone here in need Iíll be happy to do the same with 3 races I have coming up in March. Iím grateful for all that I have and understand that lím extremely lucky, and if you took my joking posts as being serious I donít know what I can say. Texts donít always come across as intended when typed. Considering also the OP asked for realtor references and I happily replied. If I was really the guy you think I am from some banter/joking posts and taking replies in stride, I doubt Iíd reply offering help. Banter is banter, take a step back and see it that way. I replied since itís funny to me, you come in and pop off like you know me. Maybe my reply didnít come across as funny as I thought, so my apologies. I mentioned Iím familiar that itís not based on my street, my dad was a teacher in PWC and we would close due to the western part of the county. Hey all in good fun, no love lost here, and no offense taken on my end. Just replying back to elaborate that Iím very familiar with introspection and Iím also cognizant that there are others out there that have it even harder than me and my son. Not posting for pity, but maybe sometimes we all (myself included) need to take a moment before we post something that may be taken in the wrong manner. With that I call it done on my end and if the OP needs help, PM me and Iíll be happy to give you my info for the mortgage company since Iím friends with them and still keep in touch with them and the owner. Also, if you, a family member or friend is in need of an organ donor, message me and Iíll help anyway I can.

Now back to the real topic of helping the OP.

Cars
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      01-09-2020 09:06 PM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      Yup. The lesser of two evils.

The county would rather hear from inconvenienced parents instead of lawyers.
      But most of the parents are lawyers.
      signatures are annoying, right?

Cars
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      01-15-2020 05:54 AM #55
      Quote Originally Posted by A.Wilder View Post
      But most of the parents are lawyers.
      And the school systems know it's not illegal to use a snow day and later have it not snow.

Cars
      '17 GTI, '19 Atlas
      01-15-2020 10:20 AM #56
      After more searching the Vita Apartments in Tysons Corner look super nice, surrounded by amenities, and across the street from the metro. Plus if I follow on to Falls Church it would be really close.

EDIT: The real question is who is/are the best internet provider(s) in the area? We use spectrum right now and it's fine, but I'm hoping in a populated area there might actually be competition that benefits the consumer
      Last edited by Visheau; 01-15-2020 at 11:40 AM.

Cars
      '94 FD RX-7
      01-15-2020 01:44 PM #57
      Quote Originally Posted by Visheau View Post
      After more searching the Vita Apartments in Tysons Corner look super nice, surrounded by amenities, and across the street from the metro. Plus if I follow on to Falls Church it would be really close.

EDIT: The real question is who is/are the best internet provider(s) in the area? We use spectrum right now and it's fine, but I'm hoping in a populated area there might actually be competition that benefits the consumer
      Verizon- get FiOS and don't look back.

Cars
      01-15-2020 01:46 PM #58
      I agree with this, FiOS for sure. Even if you just do internet and stream with Hulu Live or other providers out there.

Cars
      '17 GTI, '19 Atlas
      01-15-2020 03:27 PM #59
      we do youtube TV, Netflix, and Prime. Looks like I can get a 300 mbps plan for less than I pay for 100 mbps here

thanks, I'll probably pick them when we get there

Cars
      01-15-2020 03:47 PM #60
      we do youtube TV, Netflix, and Prime. Looks like I can get a 300 mbps plan for less than I pay for 100 mbps here

thanks, I'll probably pick them when we get there
      Running 300/300 for $70 currently

Cars
      02 24V GTI - outback - 84 Softail
      01-15-2020 06:51 PM #61
      Quote Originally Posted by @McMike View Post
      Start here. If you can afford more, tighten the circle up a bit.

Try to stay in Fairfax County, because schools. Try to stay outside of the beltway because less expensive.

PizzaCat and I are in this red zone of "Ouch, it costs too much, but I really can't live further away from work" area.
      WOW, this thread is really going to help me make decisions. I should have looked before asking a similar question in the CSB thread
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
      Please tell me how this does. I have a massive amount of stuff I need to kill
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      Sprinkle some of your personality on it.
      PSN: PainKiller-sas-

Cars
      02 24V GTI - outback - 84 Softail
      01-16-2020 11:31 AM #62
      Quote Originally Posted by kenny301 View Post
      Sorry you don't like free world class museums, free concerts, free cultural events, a good mass transit system (compared to other US cities), and easy access to mountains and the ocean and all of the activities that come with access to them. This area has so much to offer and, contrary to popular belief, we aren't all lawyers or lobbyists and don't all work for the government. We have our fair share of unfriendly *******s just like any city or town but the people I know, and have met, over the years are generally awesome people.

Of course Crystal City closed down early. Lots of offices and few residents there after a lot of DOD stuff moved out of the area. There is a metro stop in Crystal City that you cold have likely walked to and gone to other neighborhoods with things to do or a cheap bus ride to accomplish the same.

Yeah, housing is expensive here and the traffic sucks but there is a lot to see and do here to make up for that. Reston does kinda blow and I would never want to commute to the city from it especially for the prices that are being charged for housing out there. It is likely your sister could have lived closer to the city for less or the same money. A friend of mine bought a single family home in VA close to the city, less than half the distance from Reston, last year for barely under $500k that is a 10 minute drive to a metro stop. The house is tiny but they make it work.

If you've never had the city life, it might be worth it to live somewhere at least close to metro so you can easily get into DC and experience what the city has to offer at least for a little while. If you are looking for cheap, PG County is the best place to look but be careful as some areas (actually, a lot of them close to the city) are still pretty sketchy and the school system isn't great. Montgomery County, Fairfax, Alexandria, and Arlington are better school system and crime wise but you are going to pay more. Within a mile of a metro stop, you are also going to pay more than you will outside of that radius.

A lot of development has been going up around suburban metro stops and they are turning from a place with a stop and a parking lot into small clusters of walkable housing, offices, and retail. Look at the area around the Dunn-Loring Merrifield metro station. There were condos there five or so years ago but they were limited. Now there are many more housing and dining options, bars, retail, etc. within walking distance of the metro stop. Even more if you walk ~10-15 minutes to Mosaic District. This is also the case with some stops in Montgomery County.

I haven't looked at apartment prices in years so I don't have a ton of input there. I imagine you should be able to find something reasonably close to a metro stop with two, maybe three bedrooms for that much towards the end of the orange/blue/yellow lines in NOVA or along the red line in MD.

I have lived in the area my entire life and I've lived in DC and neighborhoods all over the DMV. I'm happy to help with any other questions you have.
      Solid input here
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
      Please tell me how this does. I have a massive amount of stuff I need to kill
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      Sprinkle some of your personality on it.
      PSN: PainKiller-sas-

14. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Cars
      SR71 C30 t53a/b/b
      01-16-2020 03:41 PM #63
      Avoid the area. Buildings are collapsing!

Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.

Cars
      2 Manuel Turbo Wagons... One is incredibly slow.
      01-16-2020 03:51 PM #64
      Quote Originally Posted by LT1M21Stingray View Post
      Avoid the area. Buildings are collapsing!
      sure... but Emergency Service response time is on point.
      It's comforting to know there's always a chronically angry person at the ready to correct my think.
      2002 Golf Wagon TDI, 205k - 2007 Fuji Heavy Industries WRB WRX Wagon, 120k
      Past: 1996 Surf Green GTI VR6 - 1985 Golf 1.8L - No Trim Level Edition

Grammatical and spelling errors may be intentional

01-17-2020 07:15 AM #65
      Quote Originally Posted by Surf Green View Post
      "Oh ****! ladies and gents, we are stopping here - this will be WAY cooler than the 'i've fallen and I can't get up' call we were headed to"
      Quote Originally Posted by Turbio!
      They make my ass look pretty.

Cars
      '94 FD RX-7
      01-17-2020 10:03 AM #66
      Quote Originally Posted by Reihenmotor5 View Post
      Running 300/300 for $70 currently

I was able to get the gigabit for $74.99/mo after shopping around and applying a discount through work. The price will eventually go up $20-30/mo but if you can deal with internet separation for a 24 hour period you can cancel your service and then schedule a new install under you SO's name the following day to get the promotional rate again. It's ridiculous, trash service is the same way.

Cars
      01-17-2020 10:33 AM #67
      Quote Originally Posted by MolotovMan View Post
      I was able to get the gigabit for $74.99/mo after shopping around and applying a discount through work. The price will eventually go up $20-30/mo but if you can deal with internet separation for a 24 hour period you can cancel your service and then schedule a new install under you SO's name the following day to get the promotional rate again. It's ridiculous, trash service is the same way.
      Itís such a joke, theyíll do promotional pricing for new customers but if youíve been with them for 10+ years they donít seem to care. Now I have had them just bump my speed without asking for price of my old speed a few times.

19. Senior Member LT1M21Stingray's Avatar
      Cars
      SR71 C30 t53a/b/b
      01-17-2020 10:40 AM #68
      Quote Originally Posted by Surf Green View Post
      Oh look, bricks and fents on the crub!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mk1Madness
      Back when making your car faster and better handling was the big thing.
      Quote Originally Posted by Tavarish
      The car's best safety feature includes ejecting you in the moment of impact and wishing you the best of luck.

Cars
      '17 GTI, '19 Atlas
      05-08-2020 03:58 PM #69
      Update, we leave Montana in 6 weeks and are going to live, at least the first year, in Tysons Corner.

Gonna go from a state of a million people with 400 COVID cases to a county of a million people with 3500 cases, should be interesting.

Cars
      05-08-2020 03:59 PM #70
      Welcome to VA! Gloves and masks!

05-08-2020 07:25 PM #71
      and turn in all yours guns at the border. Blackface Gov doesn't like those evil things.

Cars
      05-08-2020 07:37 PM #72

Cars
      Ferrari La Ferrari
      05-09-2020 08:44 AM #73
      Update, we leave Montana in 6 weeks and are going to live, at least the first year, in Tysons Corner.

Gonna go from a state of a million people with 400 COVID cases to a county of a million people with 3500 cases, should be interesting.
      Enjoy the insane traffic.
      signatures are annoying, right?

Cars
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      05-09-2020 01:49 PM #74
      Quote Originally Posted by finklejag View Post
      and turn in all yours guns at the border. Blackface Gov doesn't like those evil things.
      unsubscribe

Cars
      '17 GTI, '19 Atlas
      05-12-2020 01:41 PM #75
      actually, any issues with 2 pistols and a rifle? Is it better if I haven't shot any of them since 2013?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast