Fourtitude.com - My Goodness Gracious What am I doing?!?!
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314
      Cars
      GX, Taco, Tiguan, bikes
      01-09-2020 11:46 PM #326
      Quote Originally Posted by Crispyfritter View Post
      I once pulled and axle replaced the boots. That is an awful, awful job and I hope to never have to do it again. Honestly, if the axle is under $400, I'd just buy that than have to do that job again.

Chris
      I happily paid the Toyota dealer to do this on my GX a couple years back... I was definitely not in the mood to DIY the leaky boots on both axles.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. I wait in line 4 hours for Pretzels on Pretzel Day Metallitubby's Avatar
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      01-10-2020 07:52 AM #327
      Quote Originally Posted by Crispyfritter View Post
      I once pulled and axle replaced the boots.
      I love doing them. So easy on Honda products.
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

Cars
      GOLF 99, 18 Nismo Econobox
      01-13-2020 02:51 PM #328
      Any updates... i know he was going to be out but the technician is a member as well.... we should be able to see if this has gone stage 3 already lol.

Cars
      16v I4, Turbocharged V6, Twin TurboCharged V6, Gas drinking V8, High revving V10
      01-13-2020 03:03 PM #329
      Quote Originally Posted by SICKVDUB1 View Post
      Any updates... i know he was going to be out but the technician is a member as well.... we should be able to see if this has gone stage 3 already lol.

This has been my life the last 4 days.

My parts manager ordered the wrong part for me(not the tensioner I needed, that was not in the “ultimate Tbelt kit”) so the actual tensioner won’t be in until Wednesday or something.

I am back in the states tomorrow but it seems as if Alex won’t be able to do the kit until the weekend. Once I get home I hope to have a better gauge of when it will be done.

I just ate these and they were Outstanding

If anyone has the ability, I HIGHLY recommend spending some time at Rosewood Mayakoba just north of Playa Del Carmen. It is a top notch property with nothing but great support and wonderful views and waters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

6. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      01-13-2020 03:21 PM #330
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post

If anyone has the ability, I HIGHLY recommend spending some time at Rosewood Mayakoba just north of Playa Del Carmen. It is a top notch property with nothing but great support and wonderful views and waters.

Just looked that up. Boy, AoA really likes you guys.

Seven nights in the room you've got comes to $20,261.59 - That does not include airfare to get you to and from Mexico.

Giggity.
      Last edited by Cabin Pics; 01-13-2020 at 03:54 PM.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by troyguitar View Post
      Go to hell, Cabin Richguy.

Cars
      16v I4, Turbocharged V6, Twin TurboCharged V6, Gas drinking V8, High revving V10
      01-13-2020 04:03 PM #331
      Quote Originally Posted by Cabin Pics View Post

Seven nights in the room you've got comes to $20,261.59 - That does not include airfare to get you to and from Mexico.

Giggity.
      That doesn’t include the probable 2 grand in food or drink I have consumed in the last four days either

Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.

8. Member
      Cars
      01 Passat 4MO Wagon, 6sp manual and 1.8T swap. 05 Golf 2.0
      01-13-2020 05:59 PM #332
      Looks like Lake Michigan has really improved
      2019 Tiguan SE 4Mo Orange, temporarily stock. 2001 Passat 4Mo wagon, 1.8T/6sp swapped, Konis, coilover sleeves, A6Q H+R Race springs.
      2005 Golf GLS, 2.Slow, Auto, GTI suspension, sways.
      2001.5 Passat GLX V6, stock. (son#1), 2000 Passat GLS V6 fwd Tip wagon, stock (son#2)

Cars
      Manual Avant
      01-13-2020 07:58 PM #333

Enter Sataurday night, I havent been on Audiworld in forever but had been throught Audizine two or three times and figured I would check it out. Lo and behold, I found a 2001 S4 with 221,xxx miles on it just outside of Atlanta. It looked super clean for the miles and after checking the (clean) Carfax, my assumptions were correct, it had been a SoCal and Southern car its entire existence. The car has a couple of issues that are to be expected from a car of this vintage and miles. It has a coolant leak from somewhere. It needs tires. The windshield washer system doesnt work. the Coolant temp sensor acts up occasionally, and it needs a battery, but the guy was asking 2k for it so I figured, with how clean it looked and the price, I really couldnt go wrong. Called a tech friend of mine who is big in the B5 world and asked him if it **** the bed would he buy it for parts and he happily accepted. I had our local Atlanta resident check it out for me today and gave it a big ole thumbs up.
      Awesome find for 2k! and that's really cheap for a fairly clean B5 S4...Much like E36 M3's these are starting to rise in value.

Couple things. The washer system likes to leak, and often the nozzles become misaligned as they mount under the edge of the hood. That means they wont spray on to the hood. You can try to realign them, but its often easier just to replace them. Also the headlight washers almost surely wont work and should just be disconnected, as they will also leak.

Coolant leaks will happen... There are tons of small plastic pipes and fittings that will leak overtime as seals degrade, especially if some parts are disconnected and replaced piecemeal. Ask me how I know on my B6 A4.... Best thing to do is replace all the parts you can find all at once.

As far as keeping it going, my best advice is don't go too hard on it.... That's when you will risk blowing turbo's, coolant lines, etc, etc. The engine core is pretty damn strong, but the other issues of the 2.7T are well known.

With the mileage, a can of engine restore along with full synthetic oil changes cant hurt. With that kind of mileage the thickness of the restore will probably help compression and seals a bit, even if the effect is temporary.

The good thing about these vehicles is that most parts for them are DIRT cheap now.. Control arm kits are $120, coolant pipes, sensors etc, are usually $20 or less. given the age of the car, Id go with Chinese aftermarket parts unless its something super difficult and time consuming to change.

Hope you have a good time with it!.

10. Member
      Cars
      99.5 A4 4.2QM, 01.5 Nogaro S4 Avant, 15 Q7 TDI Sport Edition
      01-13-2020 08:02 PM #334
      Quote Originally Posted by Jettavr666 View Post
      Awesome find for 2k! and that's really cheap for a fairly clean B5 S4...Much like E36 M3's these are starting to rise in value.

Couple things. (Many genuinely helpful tips)

Hope you have a good time with it!.
      Don’t worry I have him covered!
      Alex
      Strictly Pleasure

Cars
      02 24V GTI - outback - 84 Softail
      01-13-2020 08:12 PM #335

Damn that looks fantastic !

I think I'll make tacos for dinner !!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
      Please tell me how this does. I have a massive amount of stuff I need to kill
      Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkEnergist View Post
      Sprinkle some of your personality on it.
      PSN: PainKiller-sas-

Cars
      01-13-2020 09:21 PM #336
      Quote Originally Posted by NeedingAnAudi View Post
      Awwww *blush*

Cars
      E39 M5 | 987.2 | GTI
      01-13-2020 11:22 PM #337
      Please update your FJA profile photo with the one of you by the pool. Really sends a strong message.

14. Member
      Cars
      17 JKU 08 Tundra 91 318iC 89 325i 80 D150 SWB 76 Rabbit
      01-14-2020 08:35 AM #338

Giggity.

And you're worried about going stage 3...

15. Geriatric Member Air and water do mix's Avatar
      Cars
      '66 Beetle (X2) '08 Fit
      01-14-2020 09:06 AM #339
      Quote Originally Posted by PainKiller View Post
      Damn that looks fantastic !

I think I'll make tacos for dinner !!
      Well, did you? Where are the pics?

You're right, that does look really good! Is that pickled onions? I've never had those, but it might even make onions palatable for me.
      Quote Originally Posted by Boyz in da Park
      Proletariat, Bourgeoise - Everybody smellin' my potpourri...

Cars
      01-14-2020 11:34 AM #340
      [IMG][/IMG]

This has been my life the last 4 days.

My parts manager ordered the wrong part for me(not the tensioner I needed, that was not in the “ultimate Tbelt kit”) so the actual tensioner won’t be in until Wednesday or something.

I am back in the states tomorrow but it seems as if Alex won’t be able to do the kit until the weekend. Once I get home I hope to have a better gauge of when it will be done.

I just ate these and they were Outstanding

Tinga Tostadas nice.... If anyone ever shows up around Mexico City hit me up i'll let you guys know some of the best spots to have authentic cheap mexican food.

That doesn’t include the probable 2 grand in food or drink I have consumed in the last four days either

Holy ****... 2 grand on food and drink someone either hustled you or you went partying hard core.... I was going to go to Cancun with my family on March flying from Mexico City for 2 adults 2 toddlers was going to set me back around 700USD and hotel was going to set me back like 250USD for a 4 days 3 nights.

Cars
      01-14-2020 12:28 PM #341

Holy ****... 2 grand on food and drink someone either hustled you or you went partying hard core.... I was going to go to Cancun with my family on March flying from Mexico City for 2 adults 2 toddlers was going to set me back around 700USD and hotel was going to set me back like 250USD for a 4 days 3 nights.
      Lol. Yeah. Definitely did not get hustled. **** ain’t cheap at these resorts man. I had a 250 dollar lunch yesterday.

And can confirm, final bill of food and drinks was over the cost of the S4

18. How do I resize a picture? Cabin Pics's Avatar
      Cars
      2004 E46, 2019 Q7
      01-14-2020 12:31 PM #342

$2,000 in food and drink for four days doesn't seem that crazy when the hotel room is $2,000 per night.
      Instagram - efrie004

Quote Originally Posted by troyguitar View Post
      Go to hell, Cabin Richguy.

Cars
      FJ Audi A5
      01-14-2020 12:39 PM #343
      Baller status.

Better keep that R8.
      2019 Audi A5 - back to the brand after 28 years
      2017 Golf Alltrack SEL+Tech - Son #1. In a galaxy far, far away
      2014 Dodge Durango Limited AWD - Wife's
      2004 Acura TSX - Son #2. The sax-mobile
      1967 Chevrolet Corvette - I promise to get this car back on the road in 2018....

Cars
      01-14-2020 03:31 PM #344
      $2,000 in food and drink for four days doesn't seem that crazy when the hotel room is $2,000 per night.
      damn.. that's living it up... i guess there is a high tax on some of the hotels.

Lol. Yeah. Definitely did not get hustled. **** ain’t cheap at these resorts man. I had a 250 dollar lunch yesterday.

And can confirm, final bill of food and drinks was over the cost of the S4

glad you are enjoying your vacations.

Cars
      Manual Avant
      01-14-2020 09:13 PM #345
      Quote Originally Posted by NeedingAnAudi View Post
      Awwww *blush*

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314