VW Vortex - Volkswagen Forum banner

Uber Wagon is turning fiddy today...recommend a midlife crisis car!

Uber Wagon is turning fiddy today...recommend me a midlife crisis car!

3K views 69 replies 49 participants last post by  Uber Wagon 
#1 · (Edited)
I know, happy birthday to be blah, blah, blah. :D

So even though I just bought a Audi S3, but I'm itching for something that screams "I'm fiddy" in the most obnoxious and hilarious way.

So what say you T-C-L? Which one of these models should I prep my angus for?

1) 2020 BMW M2 Competition

2) 2019 Audi TTRS (because demand TTRS)

3) Mustang 5.0 (because 5.0)

4) Leftover 2019 Corvette

5) Keep the Audi and lease a Mazda Miata

6) Jeep Wrangler

7) something else...like $672 a month lease for a Chevy Bolt. :p

See less See more
#2 ·
TTRS gonna hold its value and is very easy and fun to make even more power out of

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

#5 · (Edited)
In my opinion:

1) 2020 BMW M2 Competition: Not a bad option. It's not a very wild ride however.

2) 2019 Audi TTRS (because demand TTRS) Not a choice I'd consider. I don't care for the brand and I'm not really interested in a less practical golf R. Oh, and auto-only kills it for me. YMMV.

3) Mustang 5.0 (because 5.0) If you never owned a V8 pony car, this isn't a bad option. But if you're looking at a TT-RS and M2comp, forget the MGT. Go for the GT350.

4) Leftover 2019 Corvette Theoretically, I'm a big fan of these. I haven't driven one to elaborate any further.

5) Keep the Audi and lease a Mazda Miata Are you 50 or 20? Miata has never been the answer for me personally.

6) Jeep Wrangler Wow, out of left field! This has no on-road performance capability, but the current versions are charming enough--as long as you keep it under 85.

7) something else...like $672 a month lease for a Chevy Bolt. :p Previous generation Vantage, F-type, newest Evora you can afford, Cayman/Boxster of any sort, Camaro ZL1, Hellcat, Viper....I could go on and on.

#7 ·
What is your real goal here though?

If your goal is specifically to have a mid-life crisis car, it needs to be a 911 or Corvette, preferably in red, with white new balances to keep your foot stable on the clutch pedal. You'd also need to learn how to incorrectly reference things about it in inappropriate settings, such as telling the receptionist at the dentist office how your 2019 Corvette has 4-barrel carbs.

On the other hand, if your goal is to treat yourself, then just get the M2C...I think it's pretty clear how much you want one, and it's a fantastic auto that is very reasonable to want. :thumbup:

#9 ·
Rolling billboard Mid-life crisis car: Corvette

Best car out of the given options: M2C.

Runner up: TTRS...also whoever compared it to a Golf R...gtfo. I understand the reference but that's just a foolish comment.

Non-poll option: The nicest 997 you can find for the money.

#12 ·
Not even a discussion. Leftover 'Vette! Get a good color, too. Something that you can put a silly plate on and drive around in with a ****-eating grin on your face. :thumbup:

#23 ·
It's hard for me to argue with this. I'm older than you, but I'm still hauling kids around, so a 2-seater is out for me. If I were in your position and looking at your list exclusively I'd probably go for the 'Vette. Because manual.

I'm not the guy to ask, as I'd spend that much on an old 911 with torsion bars.

#14 ·
STI

#25 ·
#31 ·
Obvious answer is obvious.

Corvette.

Happy birthday!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.