Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast
      Cars
      2012 Mustang GT, 1986 Mazda RX-7 GX, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
      02-04-2020 04:22 PM #401
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Imagine if they were sponsored by Orange Julep or craft poutine.
      Saputo Cheeses®
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Cars
      '19 Alfa Romeo Stelvio, '18 Mazda CX-5
      02-04-2020 06:28 PM #402
      My votes canadians finest maple syrup

Cars
      German Vans, British cars, and a motorbike.
      02-05-2020 05:58 AM #403
      Car launch dates are right around the corner.

Feb 11 - Ferrari
      Feb 12 - Renault
      Feb 13 - McLaren
      Feb 14 - Mercedes
      Feb 14 - Aphlatauri
      Feb 17 - Racing Point
      Feb 17 - Williams
      Feb 19 - Alfa Romeo
      Feb 19 - Haas

?????? - Red Bull

Testing starts on the 19th - Two weeks from today.

5. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Cars
      16v I4, Twin Turbo Charged V6, Gas drinking V8, High revving V10
      02-05-2020 09:17 AM #404
      Dont think its been mentioned, so sorry if I missed it, but will coverage in the US stay on ESPN this year? Furthermore, are they not doing commercials again?
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

6. Member
      Cars
      Explorer PI, LS430, GX460
      02-05-2020 10:17 AM #405
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      Dont think its been mentioned, so sorry if I missed it, but will coverage in the US stay on ESPN this year? Furthermore, are they not doing commercials again?
      Hopefully because if not, then I'm wasting a ton of money per year on cable TV. The only thing we watch on cable is F1. Considering other alternatives, I wonder if the F1 streaming service will be better this year. I keep considering it, but then hear horror stories about it...

7. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Cars
      02-05-2020 10:50 AM #406
      Quote Originally Posted by roman16v View Post
      Hopefully because if not, then I'm wasting a ton of money per year on cable TV. The only thing we watch on cable is F1. Considering other alternatives, I wonder if the F1 streaming service will be better this year. I keep considering it, but then hear horror stories about it...
      Yeah, I very well could be cutting the cord, so also very much interested in the F1TV streaming quality.

I heard a lot more issues about streaming when it first launched in 18, but I dont recall hearing nearly as much, if anything for 2019.

Anyone have any insight?
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.

8. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Cars
      02-05-2020 10:57 AM #407
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      Yeah, I very well could be cutting the cord, so also very much interested in the F1TV streaming quality.

I heard a lot more issues about streaming when it first launched in 18, but I dont recall hearing nearly as much, if anything for 2019.

Anyone have any insight?
      My issue is the delivery of content. Theres no roku app. I'm not going to get my laptop and run an HDMI cable mirror the screen every time I want to watch a race. They have an iOS app afaik. That's my biggest gripe so far. ESPN has been pissing me off with qualifying session, because towards the end of last year they kept putting them on ridiculous channels that required extra packages like ESPN U. Why is F1 on a ESPN university channel? GTFO.

9. Member
      Cars
      Explorer PI, LS430, GX460
      02-05-2020 12:35 PM #408
      I'd even settle for F1 torrents. There used to be a great site, FormulaMonkey, that had all the practice, qual, and race sessions, in high quality and loaded immediately after broadcast. That site went TU a few years back and I have yet to find a torrent site with F1 content that captures everything from a calendar stop weekend.

For ESPN, I only have ESPN and ESPN2 which costs quite a bit of money. I wish I could just pay $20 a month for all of the ESPN channels and nothing else.

10. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Cars
      02-05-2020 12:49 PM #409
      yea finding torrents isnt an issue, and i've done that for quali sessions, i would just prefer to have it already on my DVR when I wake up

reddit has a sub called MotorsportsReplays that does a good job of posting them

Cars
      2012 Mustang GT, 1986 Mazda RX-7 GX, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
      02-05-2020 03:09 PM #410
      Quote Originally Posted by absoluteczech View Post
      yea finding torrents isnt an issue, and i've done that for quali sessions, i would just prefer to have it already on my DVR when I wake up

reddit has a sub called MotorsportsReplays that does a good job of posting them
      Even the HD torrents don't take very long to download if you have a decent connection. You can start it, make a coffee, and be ready to go.

I use Sportsurge.net, which very rarely lets me down. You get what you pay for sometimes, though. I'd much rather miss the live race and watch a torrent (especially for early morning races) than pay for F1TV or cable.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

12. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Cars
      02-05-2020 03:15 PM #411
      Well, for me, its now irrelevant. Called and got Comcast to do what I wanted to do in the new house, so I will not be cutting the cord yet.

I get the frustration with the ESPNU, it was legitimately a big concern of mine of cutting the cord since I knew how ESPN will transfer coverage over there if there is something more pressing (IE makes espn more money) on ESPN2.

13. 02-06-2020 08:25 AM #412
      Those of you looking to get away from cable might want to investigate YouTube TV. We have had it for a while now and we have been pretty happy with it. It is $50 a month and it has served us well. Take a look at the channel lineup and available quasi-a la carte add ons and see if it might work for you all. It has an unlimited DVR so you can store as much as you want for 9 months I think. It might get you what you want. Just a suggestion.

14. Member
      02-06-2020 09:41 AM #413
      Quote Originally Posted by Blaspherion View Post
      Those of you looking to get away from cable might want to investigate YouTube TV. We have had it for a while now and we have been pretty happy with it. It is $50 a month and it has served us well. Take a look at the channel lineup and available quasi-a la carte add ons and see if it might work for you all. It has an unlimited DVR so you can store as much as you want for 9 months I think. It might get you what you want. Just a suggestion.
      Bingo. The only reason I have it is because I can watch Indy, F1, and IMSA thanks to it having all of the channels necessary.

15. Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room. Metallitubby's Avatar
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      02-06-2020 10:07 AM #414
      The Haas looks much better/cleaner:

* My contributions are not representative of American Honda

16. 02-06-2020 10:13 AM #415
      Quote Originally Posted by n0thing View Post
      Bingo. The only reason I have it is because I can watch Indy, F1, and IMSA thanks to it having all of the channels necessary.

17. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Cars
      02-06-2020 10:20 AM #416
      t is $50 a month and it has served us well.
      $50? not $5? That seems crazy. For $50/m I might as well keep my cable subscription.

18. 02-06-2020 10:43 AM #417
      $50? not $5? That seems crazy. For $50/m I might as well keep my cable subscription.
      I was paying $125 a month on DISH for the channels necessary to watch F1. $50 was a drastic reduction for us. That and it got rid of channels that we NEVER watched so it was a win for us.

19. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Cars
      02-06-2020 10:46 AM #418

So much better. I never liked the black with the gold they used for #fakerich Energy. The gray/black/white/red theme really looks great.

20. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Cars
      02-06-2020 10:50 AM #419
      I was paying $125 a month on DISH for the channels necessary to watch F1. $50 was a drastic reduction for us. That and it got rid of channels that we NEVER watched so it was a win for us.
      Dang thats a lot. We pay our cable co $120 after all taxes and fees for dvr plus decent channel line up and 100Mb internet

21. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Cars
      02-06-2020 10:51 AM #420

Its an evolution of their 2018 scheme imo

22. Member
      Cars
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      02-06-2020 10:55 AM #421
      Those of you looking to get away from cable might want to investigate YouTube TV.
      I moved from DishTV to Roku sticks and YT TV in October. Had Dish for 19 yrs. Now I get 98% of what I had before and save $80/month. All good...

I was at $140/mo for Dish 250 for 4 TVs including DVR (Aand that included a $20/mo discount for long term subscriber) and still paid for NF and AP on the side. We watched maybe 15 of those 250 channels.
      Last edited by tbvvw; 02-06-2020 at 11:00 AM.

23. 02-06-2020 11:07 AM #422
      Quote Originally Posted by tbvvw View Post
      I was at $140/mo for Dish 250 for 4 TVs including DVR (Aand that included a $20/mo discount for long term subscriber) and still paid for NF and AP on the side. We watched maybe 15 of those 250 channels.
      We too were longtime DISH subscribers. That $125 didn't even include the fee for HD channels because we did the HD For Life promotion so it was a one time upfront fee then the HD was included for no extra charge. Every year, that cost went up noticeably. Like you, we have a ROKU on our two TVs with YTTV, NF and Amazon as well as PCs, phones and tablets and we are well covered for channels.

24. Member
      Cars
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      02-06-2020 11:13 AM #423
      We too were longtime DISH subscribers. That $125 didn't even include the fee for HD channels because we did the HD For Life promotion so it was a one time upfront fee then the HD was included for no extra charge. Every year, that cost went up noticeably. Like you, we have a ROKU on our two TVs with YTTV, NF and Amazon as well as PCs, phones and tablets and we are well covered for channels.
      Our $140 for the main DVR unit and 3 Joeys was all HD and local programming and they also always gave me HBO and / or Shotime for $5/mo if I asked for it. They were good to me and I never had a single tech issue in 19 yrs, but the writing is on the wall for them and Direct, internet TV is gonna put them 6ft under. Google owns YT and money is no object...YT TV is gonna kill sat tv market share over the next x yrs. I also have 6 Verizon iPhone w/ unlimited service so I get Disney too on top of the Netflix and Amazon subs.

All that and I watch maybe 2 hrs of tv a week other than sports/racing...

This will be my first F1 season in 20 yrs with something other than Dish...all good though.

25. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Cars
      02-06-2020 11:17 AM #424
      Dang thats a lot. We pay our cable co $120 after all taxes and fees for dvr plus decent channel line up and 100Mb internet
      Oh man, you do NOT want to know what I am spending

26. 02-06-2020 11:33 AM #425
      Quote Originally Posted by tbvvw View Post
      Our $140 for the main DVR unit and 3 Joeys was all HD and local programming and they also always gave me HBO and / or Shotime for $5/mo if I asked for it. They were good to me and I never had a single tech issue in 19 yrs, but the writing is on the wall for them and Direct, internet TV is gonna put them 6ft under. Google owns YT and money is no object...YT TV is gonna kill sat tv market share over the next x yrs. I also have 6 Verizon iPhone w/ unlimited service so I get Disney too on top of the Netflix and Amazon subs.

All that and I watch maybe 2 hrs of tv a week other than sports/racing...

This will be my first F1 season in 20 yrs with something other than Dish...all good though.
      I have to agree with you that DISH took really good care of us. Few if any technical issues here as well. Not only that but if I did need to call them for something, they always treated us really well. I was a bit sad to cut that cord as I like to stick with companies that take good care of me but as you said, the cost kept going up and up. we couldn't justify it anymore.

Page 17 of 50 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast