One more, cause Red Bull: 2002 Red Bull Yamaha YZR 500 OWL9

https://racingcafe.blogspot.com/2018...2002-team.html

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      i've a horse outside.
      01-14-2020 10:03 PM #302
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      I say bring on every and all power-plant. Rotary, electric, gasoline, diesel, hybrid, hydrogen. Make engineering great again.
      I’d watch a spec chassis series that allowed any motor up to XX displacement and a specific fuel load out and a very limited tire compound selection, but without the current requirements to use 2.
      shut your mouth. sh sh shut your mouth.

4. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Cars
      '19 Alfa Romeo Stelvio, '18 Mazda CX-5
      01-15-2020 10:54 AM #303
      Quote Originally Posted by TwoLitreVW View Post
      I’d watch a spec chassis series that allowed any motor up to XX displacement and a specific fuel load out and a very limited tire compound selection, but without the current requirements to use 2.
      this wouldnt be bad

5. Member
      Cars
      Current - '19 GLI AB 6MT; Dead - '10 S4 6MT; Gone - '01 S4 6MT
      01-15-2020 11:00 AM #304
      Quote Originally Posted by TwoLitreVW View Post
      Isn't this similar to the Aussie Supercar series, which has, arguably, the best racing in the world (ex. MotoGP)? As long as there is some engineering outside of certain Spec components, it should make for great racing.

6. Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room. Metallitubby's Avatar
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      01-15-2020 11:02 AM #305
      It's very similar to IMSA's DPi class.
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

7. Member
      Cars
      Explorer PI, LS430, GX460
      01-17-2020 12:33 PM #306
      Wow!

Lewis Hamilton is reportedly in the ‘advanced stages’ of signing a two-year contract extension with Mercedes, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.

Hamilton, who is currently out of contract at the end of the 2020 season, had been strongly linked with a move to Ferrari after the Italian newspaper also first broke the news that the two parties had engaged in talks during the 2019 season.

However, with Charles Leclerc committing his long-term future to Ferrari and Max Verstappen doing likewise at Red Bull, Hamilton looks set to follow suit by extending his stay with the Silver Arrows.

In Friday’s edition of Gazzetta dello Sport, journalist Luigi Perna concluded an article on Hamilton, which opened with the six-time World Champion’s vow to become “a machine” this year, with the following lines:

“In the meantime, Lewis Hamilton is in discussion with Mercedes over the renewal of his contract,” wrote Perna.

“The negotiation, which will see Hamilton extend his stay until the end of 2022, is at an advanced stage and is worth in the region of 45m Euros a year with bonuses.”

With Leclerc and Verstappen technically off the market for Mercedes, it left them with one main priority to tie Hamilton down as he goes in search of a seventh World Championship title.

Hamilton had spoken about the dilemma he was facing as he weighed up his loyalty to Mercedes with the temptation of a new challenge with Ferrari.

“I know I look good in red,” Hamilton told Channel 4 last October.

“But it’s a very, very difficult scenario.

“I’ve been with Mercedes since I was 13. Change is always cool but loyalty is everything, that is why I have this tattoo [on his left arm].

“I’m not going to be racing forever… what am I going to do in the future?

“Do I want to remain part of Mercedes doing something quite epic beyond racing?

“If I was, for example, going to shift [teams] then I don’t know what that is going to look like.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/lewis-...edes-contract/

Cars
      '16 WRX STI, Turbo S3 Alfa Spider, 2020 Ascent
      01-17-2020 12:46 PM #307
      Quote Originally Posted by roman16v View Post
      Wow!

Lewis Hamilton is reportedly in the ‘advanced stages’ of signing a two-year contract extension with Mercedes, according to Gazzetta dello Sport.

Hamilton, who is currently out of contract at the end of the 2020 season, had been strongly linked with a move to Ferrari after the Italian newspaper also first broke the news that the two parties had engaged in talks during the 2019 season.

However, with Charles Leclerc committing his long-term future to Ferrari and Max Verstappen doing likewise at Red Bull, Hamilton looks set to follow suit by extending his stay with the Silver Arrows.

In Friday’s edition of Gazzetta dello Sport, journalist Luigi Perna concluded an article on Hamilton, which opened with the six-time World Champion’s vow to become “a machine” this year, with the following lines:

“In the meantime, Lewis Hamilton is in discussion with Mercedes over the renewal of his contract,” wrote Perna.

“The negotiation, which will see Hamilton extend his stay until the end of 2022, is at an advanced stage and is worth in the region of 45m Euros a year with bonuses.”

With Leclerc and Verstappen technically off the market for Mercedes, it left them with one main priority to tie Hamilton down as he goes in search of a seventh World Championship title.

Hamilton had spoken about the dilemma he was facing as he weighed up his loyalty to Mercedes with the temptation of a new challenge with Ferrari.

“I know I look good in red,” Hamilton told Channel 4 last October.

“But it’s a very, very difficult scenario.

“I’ve been with Mercedes since I was 13. Change is always cool but loyalty is everything, that is why I have this tattoo [on his left arm].

“I’m not going to be racing forever… what am I going to do in the future?

“Do I want to remain part of Mercedes doing something quite epic beyond racing?

“If I was, for example, going to shift [teams] then I don’t know what that is going to look like.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/lewis-...edes-contract/
      He had to at least pretend to look at Ferrari for negotiating leverage, but the outcome is hardly surprising. Why would Merc or Ham move on when they've won 5 of the last 6 seasons with him?

9. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Cars
      01-17-2020 12:48 PM #308
      I'm happy he's not going to Ferrari, but damn I was hoping someone else could finally take his spot at Mercedes. Looks like 2020 is going to just be another carbon copy year.

10. 01-17-2020 04:24 PM #309
      Quote Originally Posted by absoluteczech View Post
      I'm happy he's not going to Ferrari, but damn I was hoping someone else could finally take his spot at Mercedes. Looks like 2020 is going to just be another carbon copy year.
      Are the odds of Vettel having another year equal to his personal worst driving year in 2019 happening in 2020 high or low? And what are the odds that Ferrari will lose races again due to bad strategy and/or aforementioned driver drama? I think that's pretty high.

Looks like Horner was right, everybody is staying put. Makes sense, but Hamilton may eventually wear Red before he hangs it up though. Keep your fingers crossed

11. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Cars
      01-17-2020 04:54 PM #310
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      Keep your fingers crossed
      I'm not, because I don't want him wearing red, ever.

12. Member
      Cars
      vw golf mk2 1.05 / vw golf mk3 1.6 GT / vw golf mk4 1.8T GTi / vw golf mk5 1.6 FSi
      01-17-2020 04:57 PM #311
      Looks like Horner was right, everybody is staying put. Makes sense, but Hamilton may eventually wear Red before he hangs it up though. Keep your fingers crossed
      I think that sums it up really nice. But I think everybody stays put because Mercedes wanted to keeo Hamilton. Verstappen or Leclerc wouldn't want to wait until he makes up his mind so they might have made up theirs first.
      I do think though that Hamilton will want a year or two at Ferrari before he retires but it will depend on wether they will be able to challenge for the championship. After all he is not the young guy anymore that has nothing to lose and gamble on a move like before or like Ricciardo or even worse like Alonso. He wants to leave as a king.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-J710F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

13. 01-17-2020 06:31 PM #312
      Hamilton's fate of going to Ferrari or not lies in the hands of Vettel and Leclerc. If Vettel tanks again and Leclerc isn't strong this year you and I will be cheering Hamilton on at Ferrari.

14. 01-17-2020 06:35 PM #313
      Quote Originally Posted by georgeboole View Post
      I think that sums it up really nice. But I think everybody stays put because Mercedes wanted to keeo Hamilton. Verstappen or Leclerc wouldn't want to wait until he makes up his mind so they might have made up theirs first.
      I do think though that Hamilton will want a year or two at Ferrari before he retires but it will depend on wether they will be able to challenge for the championship. After all he is not the young guy anymore that has nothing to lose and gamble on a move like before or like Ricciardo or even worse like Alonso. He wants to leave as a king.

I agree on all points. Hamilton doesn't need the money and wants to leave on top. He sited other top athletes that left at the right time. It's looking like Vettel stayed too long and Alonso should take up fishing.

Cars
      S4, R32
      01-17-2020 08:14 PM #314
      I agree on all points. Hamilton doesn't need the money and wants to leave on top. He sited other top athletes that left at the right time. It's looking like Vettel stayed too long and Alonso should take up fishing.
      yeah Vettel had a bad season and Alonso fishing, so they're washed up? honestly, where do you get this **** man.

Quote Originally Posted by BBC
      Le Mans 24 Hours: Fernando Alonso claims back-to-back wins at famous endurance race
      welcome to the layer cake

16. Turtles walk slowly, but get angry fast! Smooremin's Avatar
      Cars
      16v I4, Twin Turbo Charged V6, Gas drinking V8, High revving V10
      01-17-2020 09:06 PM #315
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      yeah Vettel had a bad season and Alonso fishing, so they're washed up? honestly, where do you get this **** man.
      <back to back LeMans>

It was the car

Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      Asking OT for relationship advice makes about as much sense as asking TCL what car to buy.
      Quote Originally Posted by ChillOutPossum View Post
      About 5 oclock I realized I needed to go to Costco for some white people stuff.

17. 01-17-2020 09:07 PM #316
      Quote Originally Posted by Smooremin View Post
      <back to back LeMans>

It was the car

Cars
      '07 Civic Hy, '93 940, '17 NPS50
      01-18-2020 09:26 AM #317
      One more, cause Red Bull: 2002 Red Bull Yamaha YZR 500 OWL9

https://racingcafe.blogspot.com/2018...2002-team.html
      2 stroke race bikes were so amazing.
      My Flickr // IG - @mwoodski
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt
      I have literally zero experience with snow, but it seems to me that if it was raining and there was slush/snow still on the ground, I'd just wash it away with the hose rather than using a shovel. Sure it may freeze overnight, but if it's already raining, it's already going to be wet and freeze anyway, right?

19. 01-18-2020 09:43 AM #318
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      It could be argued that Alonso is, in fact, washed up in F1. It isn't a stretch to say that he will never get another shot at an F1 seat.

Outside of F1, no. He isn't washed up.

Cars
      2018 VW GSW 4motion - 2016 500 Abarth 5MT booty call
      01-18-2020 12:17 PM #319
      Me either.

21. Member
      Cars
      Explorer PI, LS430, GX460
      01-20-2020 10:05 PM #320

Cars
      987.2 | GTI
      01-21-2020 01:31 AM #321
      Samesies.

23. Member
      Cars
      vw golf mk2 1.05 / vw golf mk3 1.6 GT / vw golf mk4 1.8T GTi / vw golf mk5 1.6 FSi
      01-21-2020 08:24 AM #322
      Well he certainly is done in F1. But to be honest I d love to see him challenge Verstappen in the same car

Forgot to quote roman's post

24. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Cars
      01-21-2020 10:54 AM #323
      I dont get peoples hate for Alonso... I mean sure he burned some bridges by being outspoken about having a ****ty power unit and rightfully so. The car was pure **** when he was in it, anyone would have been massively frustrated about it and I actually commend him for not being a PR bot and actually speaking his mind. Maybe that embarrassment is what Honda needed?

Now on the other hand, I think once you retire, stick with the damn decision. I hate this trend of retiring and coming back. 90% it bites them in the ass and they look worse. As much as I dislike how Rosberg left, at least he was smart enough to just leave at the top.

Cars
      '16 WRX STI, Turbo S3 Alfa Spider, 2020 Ascent
      01-21-2020 11:16 AM #324

Now on the other hand, I think once you retire, stick with the damn decision. I hate this trend of retiring and coming back. 90% it bites them in the ass and they look worse. As much as I dislike how Rosberg left, at least he was smart enough to just leave at the top.
      I sort of get it though. Professional sports (racing or otherwise) is one of the few careers where your best years are in your 20s or early 30s and its all downhill from there. Gotta be quite the letdown to go from spraying champagne on the podium with 100,000 people watching to putzing around in retirement (no matter how much money you have). I can understand sitting around bored and dreaming of another chance at glory. But you are right, that dream is just that... I don't know of any professional athlete who retired and came back at their best.

26. 01-21-2020 11:18 AM #325
      Im really interested in how Ocon does at Renault vs Ricciardo. I think Ocon is incredibly fast and the year off at Mercedes in the shadow of Hamilton will have benefitted him greatly. He was part of a triumvirate of electric youngsters, also including VER and LEC, coming up that battled it out amongst themselves. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he out performed RIC in his first season back. What does everyone else think?

Page 13 of 50 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast