2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      i've a horse outside.
      12-17-2019 03:47 PM #127
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      I want Indy. On the oval.
      This.

Seeing the plan for F1 here in Miami, and it’s just plain awful. It would be better to not have it.
      shut your mouth. sh sh shut your mouth.

Cars
      #81 SM 1.6
      12-17-2019 03:56 PM #128
      Quote Originally Posted by Metallitubby View Post
      Make the Indy500 part of the world championship again.
      thats a hot take, but a like it.
      Quote Originally Posted by ice4life View Post
      Sounds great. Maybe I'm just a fascist and didn't know it.. I don't know if I even care anymore.

5. 12-17-2019 04:17 PM #129
      Quote Originally Posted by georgeboole View Post
      They will replace it with Miami GP.
      Anyway, I d love to see some of the classic USA tracks in the calendar again. Even if it means that they switch venues each year.

Στάλθηκε από το SM-J710F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
      So true, a Miami road course would be good for marketing but I'm not so sure they could configure it right. There's standing tracks that would work.

6. 12-17-2019 04:20 PM #130
      Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      Fernando, is that you?
      Fernando sure had made it hard on himself, even just to do one race

7. Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room. Metallitubby's Avatar
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      12-17-2019 05:34 PM #131
      Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      Fernando, is that you?
      si
      * My contributions are not representative of American Honda

8. Member
      Cars
      vw golf mk2 1.05 / vw golf mk3 1.6 GT / vw golf mk4 1.8T GTi / vw golf mk5 1.6 FSi
      12-18-2019 04:31 PM #132
      I d love to see the Indy with the ovals too but we know this won't happen. And it will probably not be as good as COTA. Plus, I wouldn't want to see another tire farce because they can't handle the oval (waiting for Zandvoort though)
      I wouldn't mind a Laguna Seca to be honest...

9. Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room. Metallitubby's Avatar
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      12-18-2019 09:35 PM #133
      I wouldn't mind a Laguna Seca to be honest...
      This should go without saying.

Cars
      2018 Atlas SEL R-Line
      12-18-2019 11:50 PM #134
      I wonder how hard it will be to get tix for the Dutch GP? It's only about 20 miles from my new residence...

Cars
      2018 Atlas SEL R-Line
      12-18-2019 11:52 PM #135
      Quote Originally Posted by Nealric View Post
      I went to Zandervort last year for "supercar day." It was basically Euro cars and coffee + a track day and some drag races. It's actually really close to Amsterdam as the crow flies- takes an hour by train with a lot of stops. Could probably drive in half the time or less. A Dutch colleague informs me that tickets are being treated like superbowl tickets and were sold out months ago. I don't particularly like Verstappen, but he certainly has ignited F1 fever in the Netherlands, which is what made this race happen.

The track is just off the beach and goes up and down the dunes- pretty cool way to get topography in an otherwise pancake flat country. Based on watching it being run in person and a bunch of iracing laps, it's definitely more of a tight technical course- there's not much room for passing other than on the front straight. I think it would be a very fun track on an amateur track day, but it certainly will have challenges being a compelling F1 track. It will be interesting to see how the modifications change it. The facilities overall needed upgrades- the grandstands likely hadn't been touched since the 1970s and there clearly needs to be better crowd control features before F1, but I imagine those items are being addressed.
      Well ****... that answers that.

Oh well, there's always Spa or a myriad of other places not very far away.

12. 12-19-2019 11:36 AM #136
      Steiner on Haas' time of troubles:

13. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Cars
      '19 Alfa Romeo Stelvio, '18 Mazda CX-5
      12-19-2019 12:11 PM #137
      Waiting for netflix to release season 2

14. Member
      Cars
      vw golf mk2 1.05 / vw golf mk3 1.6 GT / vw golf mk4 1.8T GTi / vw golf mk5 1.6 FSi
      12-19-2019 04:05 PM #138
      Wish Steiner was at Ferrari this year with everything that happened. He would either resign and never watch F1 again or hit his drivers' heads on every given wall

Cars
      S4, R32
      12-19-2019 05:25 PM #139
      2019 F1 secret santa video:

https://streamable.com/kpxkr
      welcome to the layer cake

16. 12-19-2019 05:37 PM #140
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      2019 F1 secret santa video:

https://streamable.com/kpxkr
      Thanks for posting that

17. Member
      12-20-2019 03:56 PM #141
      I'm looking forward to the next season. Given no changes, hopefully there will be more parity and closer racing throughout the season and drama until the end.

18. 12-21-2019 07:26 AM #142
      Ocon said that he called it, that Leclerc would own Vettel. IMO Ocon is a Gross Jeans/Magnussen level driver and Ricciardo in turn will own him. Let's see if I called it for 2020:

The call was on the mark as Leclerc owned Vettel in the championship and scored more poles than the German too. In fact, he started from the top spot on the grid more than even World Champion Lewis Hamilton.

Speaking to NextGen Auto, Ocon said, “Charles deserves what happens to him. And it’s not a surprise to me. I said if he had the car to win races and poles, he would. I also said he would finish ahead of Sebastian Vettel.

“We fought our whole careers together with him, Max Verstappen, Pierre Gasly to get there. It is also what allowed us to raise our level and which motivated us to always do better.”

https://www.grandprix247.com/2019/12...o-no-surprise/

19. Member
      Cars
      12-21-2019 10:39 AM #143
      Ocon is a good driver but has not shown something impressive yet. Having a carreer in junior championships sais nothing. So did Vandoorne but look at him now. We ll have to wait and see

20. 12-21-2019 12:48 PM #144
      Ocon is a good driver but has not shown something impressive yet. Having a carreer in junior championships sais nothing. So did Vandoorne but look at him now. We ll have to wait and see

Ocon is missing two biggies, outright speed for qualifying and race craft. Ocon and Perez were equally idiotic and wrecked each other but even against other opponents Ocon lacked the skill needed, he wasn't better than his car. And Perez outperformed him too.

21. Member
      Cars
      12-21-2019 12:52 PM #145
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      Ocon is missing two biggies, outright speed for qualifying and race craft. Ocon and Perez were equally idiotic and wrecked each other but even against other opponents Ocon lacked the skill needed, he wasn't better than his car. And Perez outperformed him too.
      We are on the same page.
      I will just be patient for a few races before I get to my conclusion.

22. 12-21-2019 01:11 PM #146
      We are on the same page.
      I will just be patient for a few races before I get to my conclusion.

True, it's a dynamic determination. Looking at even the best and there's weaknesses and lapses. It takes a driver with the whole package to make it under pressure.

Take Verstappen, a talent no doubt but he's a fragile cookie. IMO if you put him against Rosberg, Rosberg would dominate him mentally. Verstappen had/has the full support of the team, he whined about how Ricciardo celebrated a pole just ahead of him and was never called for bad behavior. Without team backing and against an equal or stronger driver Verstappen would explode, in the garage and in public on the mic.

Mentally I think Ocon should be OK, he just lacks speed and skill. But as you say, let's see. It's going to be an interesting season for what happens on the track and stories about what driver is going where in 2021

23. Member
      Cars
      12-21-2019 01:17 PM #147
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      True, it's a dynamic determination. Looking at even the best and there's weaknesses and lapses. It takes a driver with the whole package to make it under pressure.

Take Verstappen, a talent no doubt but he's a fragile cookie. IMO if you put him against Rosberg, Rosberg would dominate him mentally. Verstappen had/has the full support of the team, he whined about how Ricciardo celebrated a pole just ahead of him and was never called for bad behavior. Without team backing and against an equal or stronger driver Verstappen would explode, in the garage and in public on the mic.

Mentally I think Ocon should be OK, he just lacks speed and skill. But as you say, let's see. It's going to be an interesting season for what happens on the track and stories about what driver is going where in 2021
      Totally agree.
      Especially with the Verstappen part. He is amazingly fast but has a Vettel like behaviour when his teammate performs better. We have seen him crash while trying to get on top. I d love to see him against a top driver.

24. Member
      Cars
      Explorer PI, LS430, GX460
      12-21-2019 04:25 PM #148
      Quote Originally Posted by 300_munkeys View Post
      I'm looking forward to the next season. Given no changes, hopefully there will be more parity and closer racing throughout the season and drama until the end.
      There should be a lot of things to look forward to for the 2020 season. Romanova, what are you looking forward to specifically?
      1. Zandvoort --- I really love a new track where no one really has any actual experience with it. This will be the same for Vietnam. The Dutch turn out is going to be insane. I think it's going to be right up there with the Japanese fans... just bonkers.
      2. Ocon --- I think Ricciardo is going to smoke him. Will be fun to watch and hopefully Ricciardo makes some improvements over the winter break. Renault really needs a solid season.
      3. Latifi --- Should be a good benchmark to see how well Russell really is compared to Latifi. Kubica was not a good unit of measurement because honestly, he should never have been given the seat to begin with.
      4. Vietnam --- See Zandvoort.
      5. Norris --- So much talent here. I really hope to see him shine with his second season. Another solid season could really pave the way for a top tier seat... I think the kid is that good and has that much potential. Russell is much the same, but until he gets into a better car, it remains to be seen.
      6. Hamilton --- Looking to tie Michael's record this year. Have we seen every trick up his sleeve? Of course not. We are in for another masterclass season before 2021 has the opportunity to really disrupt things. Who knows what Ferrari, RedBull, and even Bottas are going to bring to the challenge... either way, I think Lewis is going to do something special this year. And if he has to roll up his sleeves to make it happen then it will really be a treat.
      7. Vettel --- We can all agree that 2019 was supposed to be the 'make it or break it' year but that certainly wasn't the case. Can he focus and deliver or is Leclerc going to trump him again?
      8. The 2020 program compared to 2021 prep --- some teams are focusing on both, some (Williams in particular) are only able to focus on one.

Those are the main moving pieces of the 2020 machine that have caught my interest. There is always enough going on to hold my interest and I think both 2020 and 2021 are going to be really enjoyable for the fans and I look forward to experiencing both of them with all of you here. What are your thoughts about 2020?

25. Member
      Cars
      Explorer PI, LS430, GX460
      12-21-2019 05:56 PM #149

I think Lewis is one of the most well spoken drivers on the grid right now. I mean, he has been doing it for a long time now and he has plenty of experience at this point. I do enjoy when he talks about his journey to F1... you can tell that it means so much to him to be where he is at and how grateful he is for everything that it took to get to this point.

26. Just Milking my Carrot in the Honda break room. Metallitubby's Avatar
      Cars
      Honda, Ducati
      12-21-2019 06:17 PM #150
      Quote Originally Posted by roman16v View Post
      I think Lewis is one of the most well spoken drivers on the grid right now. I mean, he has been doing it for a long time now and he has plenty of experience at this point. I do enjoy when he talks about his journey to F1... you can tell that it means so much to him to be where he is at and how grateful he is for everything that it took to get to this point.
      The episode he does with David Letterman covers this perfect.

Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast