Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    1. Member
      Cars
      3 Audis, 1 Honda, 1 GMC
      12-04-2019 11:19 AM #26
      Quote Originally Posted by absoluteczech View Post
      Not even a chance. Lewis will prob never go to Ferrari, but I suppose one could argue there is a chance. I just don't see it happening. However Toto would not be hired on to run Liberty. There would be way too many conflict of interests. Team bosses must have some clause in their contracts to prevent such things.
      I wouldn't see a conflict if Mercedes leaves F1, nor even if they stay. Jean Todt is the president of the FIA and Ross Brawn is the president of the Formula One Group, run by CEO Carey. Nobody has any conflict of interest problems with that, this would be no different. In any case, I see Wolff leaving sooner rather than later, he's already stated he's done more than he ever imagined and he wants to see his kids more and support his wife's Formula E endeavors.

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      Golf GTI 7
      12-05-2019 10:31 AM #27
      Lance Stroll to Red Bull?

Canadian billionaire aims to buy Aston Martin, report says

LONDON -- Canadian billionaire and Formula One team owner Lawrence Stroll has formed a consortium to take control of U.K. sports-car maker Aston Martin, a British magazine reported.

Stroll has used connections he has made as owner of the Racing Point F1 team and through his son, F1 driver Lance Stroll, to form the group to take a major stake in Aston Martin, Autocar magazine reported.

https://canada.autonews.com/automake...medium=twitter

4. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Cars
      '19 Alfa Romeo Stelvio, '18 Mazda CX-5
      12-05-2019 10:37 AM #28
      Oh no

Cars
      '07 Civic Hy, '93 940, '17 NPS50
      12-05-2019 11:50 AM #29
      Quote Originally Posted by Hajduk View Post
      Lance Stroll to Red Bull?
      Red Bull to lose Aston sponsorship and Racing Point to become Aston Martin.
      My Flickr // IG - @mwoodski
      Quote Originally Posted by Matt
      I have literally zero experience with snow, but it seems to me that if it was raining and there was slush/snow still on the ground, I'd just wash it away with the hose rather than using a shovel. Sure it may freeze overnight, but if it's already raining, it's already going to be wet and freeze anyway, right?

Cars
      1987 944 S, 2003 S2000, 2011 E90 M3, 2013 Mazda 3, 2014 4Runner Trail
      12-05-2019 01:25 PM #30
      Any listen to the Bernie Eccelstone episode of Beyond the Grid? He mentions how he helped get Jean Todt to Ferrari, but specifically how he wanted to get a non-Italian there, because, as he put it, with an Italian in charge, it's the same as no-one in charge.

7. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Cars
      12-05-2019 01:30 PM #31
      Quote Originally Posted by vwpiloto View Post
      Any listen to the Bernie Eccelstone episode of Beyond the Grid? He mentions how he helped get Jean Todt to Ferrari, but specifically how he wanted to get a non-Italian there, because, as he put it, with an Italian in charge, it's the same as no-one in charge.
      So its a grey area with Binotto because he was born in Switzerland, but his nationality is Italian

Cars
      i've a horse outside.
      12-05-2019 01:32 PM #32
      I was told to report here for next season.

#HelloBoys
      shut your mouth. sh sh shut your mouth.

Cars
      12-05-2019 02:01 PM #33
      Quote Originally Posted by absoluteczech View Post
      So its a grey area with Binotto because he was born in Switzerland, but his nationality is Italian
      I think for all intents and purposes, Binotto is Italian. And I'd like to believe he can be the exception to the rule to where he can be an effective leader for Ferrari.

10. Moderator Oliver@triplezoom's Avatar
      Cars
      2017 MINI Clubman John Cooper Works
      12-05-2019 02:03 PM #34
      Haha, I'll need to check that one out.

Cars
      17' Golf Alltrack
      12-09-2019 03:29 PM #35
      Rendering of the new Zandvoort banking.

Cars
      2012 Mustang GT, 1986 Mazda RX-7 GX, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
      12-09-2019 04:22 PM #36
      Wow, that's some track!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

13. Geriatric Member absoluteczech's Avatar
      Cars
      12-09-2019 04:28 PM #37
      awesome. that banking and elevation change is great

14. 12-09-2019 04:43 PM #38
      We've seen the 18 inch wheels before, here is George Russell giving them a go in the Silver Arrow. Not bad looking IMO:

Cars
      '16 WRX STI, Turbo S3 Alfa Spider, 2020 Ascent
      12-09-2019 04:57 PM #39
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      We've seen the 18 inch wheels before, here is George Russell giving them a go in the Silver Arrow. Not bad looking IMO:

They seem comically large to me, but I will probably get used to them. Curious how the larger wheel impacts the aero. Seems like the wheel makes up a really big portion of the frontal cross section.

Cars
      #81 SM 1.6
      12-09-2019 05:00 PM #40
      Quote Originally Posted by Nealric View Post
      They seem comically large to me, but I will probably get used to them. Curious how the larger wheel impacts the aero. Seems like the wheel makes up a really big portion of the frontal cross section.
      it always has.

should be interesting though, i suspect teams will have to actually change a lot about there suspension setups going to such stiffer tires, and i wonder if we are going to have a rash of debeaded/damaged tires because of running pressures too low, trying to get some of that compliance back.
      Quote Originally Posted by ice4life View Post
      Sounds great. Maybe I'm just a fascist and didn't know it.. I don't know if I even care anymore.

17. 12-09-2019 05:26 PM #41
      I remembered from last year that Mercedes was thought to have an aero advantage due to their wheel design, among other things, and Ferrari questioned the design and even tried to copy it. To resolve this the new rules will have a freeze on wheel design. Article and pics below are from last year. It was a nice looking wheel IMO!:

Under what was then Article 3.15 of the Formula 1 Technical Regulations, teams were told that "any specific part of the car influencing its aerodynamic performance" must be "rigidly secured to the entirely sprung part of the car" and must remain "immobile in relation to the sprung part of the car."
      The rotation of the air in the hub was deemed to have been energising the air flow, so was ruled to be illegal.

Mercedes rear wheels
      Amid the focus from Ferrari about how its main rival has been able to make such big gains with its car since the Belgian Grand Prix, there has been a great deal of interest on the new wheel hubs and rims that have helped Mercedes better manage tyre temperatures.
      At Spa Francorchamps, new wheel rims were fitted to the car with extra ridges aimed to helping cool the rear tyres.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/m...e-fia/3196635/

18. 12-10-2019 08:07 AM #42
      I like the larger wheels in the black. When they previously tested them, they were gold and they looked really odd.

Cars
      '16 WRX STI, Turbo S3 Alfa Spider, 2020 Ascent
      12-10-2019 08:24 AM #43
      Quote Originally Posted by Blaspherion View Post
      I like the larger wheels in the black. When they previously tested them, they were gold and they looked really odd.

Those almost look like they belong on a 1990s civic with a fart can

20. 12-10-2019 08:36 AM #44
      Those almost look like they belong on a 1990s civic with a fart can
      For me, it was the contrast of the "bright" gold color with the black tire. Like you said, that made it look like a cheaply Pep-Boys tuned import from the 90s. The 18 inch black wheels look loads better due to the lack of that color contrast. It is intersting how things catch your attention like that.

21. Member
      Cars
      Explorer PI, LS430, GX460
      12-10-2019 11:28 AM #45
      https://www.planetf1.com/news/teams-...ep-2019-tyres/

All 10 Formula 1 teams have voted in favour of keeping the 2019 tyre compounds in place for the 2020 season, the FIA has confirmed.

The 2020 prototype tyres introduced by Pirelli did not receive an awful lot of love from the drivers who tested the new rubber out in the second half of the season and finally at the two-day tyre test in Abu Dhabi following the conclusion of the 2019 season.

Following a vote on Monday, the 2019 tyres are staying put for next season.

‘After having tested and analysed new specification tyres for 2020, a vote for the specification of the tyres for the 2020 Season was carried out according to Article 12.6.1 of the technical regulations,’ the FIA said in a press release.

‘The vote resulted in a unanimous decision to keep the 2019 specification tyres for the 2020 season by the Formula 1 teams.

‘The FIA would like to thank both Pirelli and all the teams for their work and collaboration to improve the tyres for the 2020 season and beyond.

‘In any case, the lessons leant will be invaluable for the further improvement of the tyres in the future.’

Cars
      12-10-2019 02:40 PM #46
      Quote Originally Posted by roman16v View Post
      https://www.planetf1.com/news/teams-...ep-2019-tyres/

All 10 Formula 1 teams have voted in favour of keeping the 2019 tyre compounds in place for the 2020 season, the FIA has confirmed.

I really hope that Haas has figured out their tire issue then, because I don't think they can afford another season like 2019 again.

23. 12-10-2019 03:05 PM #47
      I really hope that Haas has figured out their tire issue then, because I don't think they can afford another season like 2019 again.
      #peoplematter, last season Haas either over performed or the teams around them just struggled more. It looks like the latter.

Haas struggled with their car as Ferrari did early on and Steiner never got in top of it. By reports from the team their operating window was too narrow. 2020 is only going to get tougher, I hope Hass survives.

24. Member
      Cars
      Explorer PI, LS430, GX460
      12-10-2019 03:58 PM #48
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      2020 is only going to get tougher, I hope Hass survives.
      Haas or Alfa... if a manufacture or someone else wanted to enter the sport, buying out either of these teams would probably be the easiest and quickest way. Especially if Haas has another lousy season in 2020. It's hard to get excited for them, other than the Rich Energy drama. Two lackluster drivers certainly don't help combined with 9 DNFs for the season (2019) and a best finish of 6th place (Magnussen in Australia). I think we were all dumb-founded when they retained Grosjean for another season...

25. 12-10-2019 04:29 PM #49
      Quote Originally Posted by roman16v View Post
      Haas or Alfa... if a manufacture or someone else wanted to enter the sport, buying out either of these teams would probably be the easiest and quickest way. Especially if Haas has another lousy season in 2020. It's hard to get excited for them, other than the Rich Energy drama. Two lackluster drivers certainly don't help combined with 9 DNFs for the season (2019) and a best finish of 6th place (Magnussen in Australia). I think we were all dumb-founded when they retained Grosjean for another season...
      For me it was the Gene Haas/US team being in F1, lived that angle to their story and they did better than expected last year. Even Renault was giving them snit because they were doing better.

Then 2019 happened and it all went sideways. I too was shocked they kept both drivers, but I guess they were so far off in the weeds with the car they figured new drivers would only add to the confusion.

But I would have given other drivers a shot. Gross Jean's and Mag wreck as often in practice as they do in a race, neither should be in F1.

I wonder if you're right, at the end of 2020, if team Haas finishes at the bottom they may not get another sponsor, Gene would have to cut bait at some point I would imagine.

26. Member
      Cars
      vw golf mk2 1.05 / vw golf mk3 1.6 GT / vw golf mk4 1.8T GTi / vw golf mk5 1.6 FSi
      12-10-2019 04:33 PM #50
      Both Haas and Alfa are b-teams just like Toro Rosso (aka the new Alfa).
      Especially Haas get more standard parts designed for Ferrari than Alfa (see front wing differences at the start of the season) or Alfa is more like a test bed for Ferrari.
      Haas has made their choice since joining F1 that they first need to establish themselves as a midfield team with the help of Ferrari, and then move forward.
      I hope they both stay strong and avoid becoming a new Williams

Στάλθηκε από το SM-J710F μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Page 2 of 51 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast