Fourtitude.com - Who Likes/Dislikes The Exterior of the Porsche Macan?
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    1. 11-30-2019 10:13 PM #1
      Stopped at the Porsche dealer today as I was out doing errands. Have not been to one in a long time. Was looking at the Macan and am not sure about the way it looks.

I know Porsche is trying to imbue the look of the 911. It reminds me of something else but I am not sure what...

What do others think?

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      11-30-2019 11:04 PM #2
      I think it looks fine for what it is, if not pretty good. That said, they might try to sell them as "sports cars," and they do drive well for what they are, but at the end of the day they're pushing the limits of what is possible proportion-wise for a practical 2-box. It has actual rear fenders and looks a little bit more hunkered than it is (especially with the air ride!), but to get the design and the drive train/travel they wanted, the end result packages relatively poorly, with not much more usable space than a GTI and less I think than a Jetta.

My pick of the segment is the equivalent version of the X3/X4 (2.0T <-> 30i, S <-> M40i, Turbo <-> M), which IMO is a little worse to look at but more functional, better to drive, and cheaper.
      Last edited by ghost03; 11-30-2019 at 11:06 PM.

4. Iím not a loser. Iím a winnah!! patrikman's Avatar
      Cars
      made in Ďmurica truck and wagon
      11-30-2019 11:11 PM #3
      One of my neighbors has one, I think itís ok looking. Too exciting or dramatic and itís off putting for most, it plays it safe. Maybe too safe but itís not bland.
      this signature kills fascists.

Support Your Local Homebrewery

11-30-2019 11:15 PM #4
      I think it looks great, but itís completely useless as an SUV.

6. 11-30-2019 11:38 PM #5
      Ignoring that high price/value metric and actual utility of it and just gong by visuals?

My eyes love the Porsche Macan. The booty isn't as sharp as the rest, but oh the rest is awesome. The design looks way better on the smaller Macan than it does on the Cayenne.

I like the green in the OP and I'm digging it in Miami blue.
      There'a one here, 2020 Macan S, Miami Bue for $75,640, holy fek.

https://www.porschegreensboro.com/ne...AB2A56LLB30788

So sweet:

7. You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can you? Just Another Sweater's Avatar
      Cars
      GTI Sport 6M
      11-30-2019 11:54 PM #6
      Quote Originally Posted by patrikman View Post
      One of my neighbors has one, I think itís ok looking. Too exciting or dramatic and itís off putting for most, it plays it safe. Maybe too safe but itís not bland.
      Quote Originally Posted by tardman91 View Post
      I think it looks great, but itís completely useless as an SUV.
      It's a lifted GTI+.

My car has about the same utility at half or less the price.

But affluent mommies will still buy them.

Cars
      04 Expedition, 72 Pontiac Catalina, 12 Fusion V6, 72 Yamaha XS-2, 06 CBR F4i
      11-30-2019 11:55 PM #7
      Quote Originally Posted by Burnette View Post
      My eyes love the Porsche Macan. The booty isn't as sharp as the rest, but oh the rest is awesome.
      I feel the opposite, I like the profile and rear views but the front end just looks off to me. I'd like to see the headlights less swept back and the openings smaller. It seems like it would make for an attractive hatchback.

9. You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can you? Just Another Sweater's Avatar
      Cars
      GTI Sport 6M
      11-30-2019 11:56 PM #8
      Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Sweater View Post
      It's a lifted GTI+.

But affluent mommies will still buy them.
      It reminds me of a female dog squatting to pee.

Cars
      2012 Mustang GT, 1986 Mazda RX-7 GX, 2007 Kawasaki Ninja 250R
      12-01-2019 12:01 AM #9
      It's 'just ok' to me. I also agree that it is totally useless as a CUV given the interior dimensions.
      Quote Originally Posted by Sonderwunsch View Post
      People have been complaining about modern BMWs lacking steering feel so they are adding torque steer.
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernie McCracken View Post
      I don't trust the judgment of anyone who likes black wheels.
      Quote Originally Posted by BRealistic View Post
      I find it ironic that long time Euro brand fans would assume long term reliability issues would destroy any love of a unique product.

Cars
      2015 Chevy SS
      12-01-2019 12:01 AM #10
      Never really cared for the look personally. Itís got a short and fat look to it.

12. 12-01-2019 12:02 AM #11
      Quote Originally Posted by NashGTI View Post
      I feel the opposite, I like the profile and rear views but the front end just looks off to me. I'd like to see the headlights less swept back and the openings smaller. It seems like it would make for an attractive hatchback.
      That's it, you're right, take the height out and it would indeed make an awesome looking little hatch. As a Cayman hatch, oh man, that would push all of my buttons hard.

As far as the Macan as is, like I posted, with the smaller size it looks more cohesive overall than the odd Cayenne.

If given to me, I would rock it so hard

13. Member
      Cars
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      12-01-2019 12:09 AM #12
      Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Deforce View Post
      It's 'just ok' to me. I also agree that it is totally useless as a CUV given the interior dimensions.
      Quote Originally Posted by Just Another Sweater
      It's a lifted GTI+.

Over a GTI, it's appointed a bit nicer, has more available options, and would let one tow a couple Jet-Skis and drive through a bit deeper snow. But for the difference in price, you could still have the GTI, a JGC for the work items, and a Jet Ski to pull.

I do think it's a nice car for what it is, but I also think it's the worst choice in the Porsche lineup. Which is ironic since it's their best seller.

14. Member
      Cars
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      12-01-2019 12:12 AM #13
      That's it, you're right, take the height out and it would indeed make an awesome looking little hatch. As a Cayman hatch, oh man, that would push all of my buttons hard.
      Omg if they came out with an honest C-segment Cayman hot-hatch I would camp outside the dealership to order.

15. You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can you? Just Another Sweater's Avatar
      Cars
      GTI Sport 6M
      12-01-2019 12:14 AM #14
      Quote Originally Posted by ghost03 View Post
      Over a GTI, it's appointed a bit nicer, has more available options, and would let one tow a couple Jet-Skis and drive through a bit deeper snow. But for the difference in price, you could still have the GTI, a JGC for the work items, and a Jet Ski to pull.

I do think it's a nice car for what it is, but I also think it's the worst choice in the Porsche lineup. Which is ironic since it's their best seller.
      Just my opinion but most CUVs, Porsche and Audi included, are just craptastic.

Fight me...

16. 12-01-2019 12:14 AM #15
      Omg if they came out with an honest C-segment Cayman hot-hatch I would camp outside the dealership to order.
      Wouldn't that be awesome? A Cayman hatch with the Macan cues.

17. 12-01-2019 12:18 AM #16

Wow, I didn't know the Macan was their best seller. Porsche is smart then, they know our market, make what people will buy and profit.

18. You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can you? Just Another Sweater's Avatar
      Cars
      GTI Sport 6M
      12-01-2019 12:26 AM #17
      Wow, I didn't know the Macan was their best seller. Porsche is smart then, they know our market, make what people will buy and profit.
      Like it or not but SUVs and CUVs have kept Porsche alive.

They were close to folding before the Cayenne was introduced.

19. Member
      Cars
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      12-01-2019 12:30 AM #18

Fight me...
      Why would I fight you when I agree with you? Admittedly I have a Cayenne as a tool, but my is with the sporty stuff 10 times out of 10. For the most part my CUV support is me playing Devil's Advocate.

Quote Originally Posted by Burnette
      Yup, figures are here. In 2018 Macan sold about as many as 718, 911, and Panamera combined. Cayenne wasn't far behind it but was solidly in 2nd place.

20. 12-01-2019 12:32 AM #19

Fight me...
      I won't fight you but I do need you to bring your license and maybe a credit card so we can go on a test drive in this sumbeeyotch. You may see why some people like the Macan, Or not, I don't care as long as I get my turn at the wheel

21. 12-01-2019 12:36 AM #20
      Why would I fight you when I agree with you? Admittedly I have a Cayenne as a tool, but my is with the sporty stuff 10 times out of 10. For the most part my CUV support is me playing Devil's Advocate.

Yup, figures are here. In 2018 Macan sold about as many as 718, 911, and Panamera combined. Cayenne wasn't far behind it but was solidly in 2nd place.
      Hot damn, we are a nation of CUVs then, I never would have thought the unit sales numbers would fall that way at Porsche.

After watching the video and the fact that my eyes love the Macan, I kinda get it though.

Cars
      Fusion Hybrid
      12-01-2019 12:46 AM #21
      strictly on styling, it looks nice! the front wheels could be set forward some more but I like it.
      This is only temporary, unless it works. - Red Green

23. You can't look at my avatar for just a second, can you? Just Another Sweater's Avatar
      Cars
      GTI Sport 6M
      12-01-2019 12:57 AM #22
      I won't fight you but I do need you to bring your license and maybe a credit card so we can go on a test drive in this sumbeeyotch. You may see why some people like the Macan, Or not, I don't care as long as I get my turn at the wheel

I refuse to give in to the SUV craze despite the numbers. Trucks and other wanabees are not my thing, no matter the lap times.

Edit: I'd much rather drive a 2019 Golf R than a Mecan S everyday or the year.
      Last edited by Just Another Sweater; 12-01-2019 at 01:16 AM.

24. Member
      Cars
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      12-01-2019 01:08 AM #23
      Don't mind. Hate the black expanse of plastic on the doors. If you want it body colored,not would cost extra

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk
      Quote Originally Posted by Jezza
      Power and Speed solves many things
      2016 Tiguan SE 4Motion
      APR Stage 1/DDM Tuning Ultra HID 5500K/Neuspeed P-flo/AEM Dryflow BruteForce filter

25. 12-01-2019 01:18 AM #24
      Audi S5 Sportback. Personally I think this is a beautiful car:

26. Iím not a loser. Iím a winnah!! patrikman's Avatar
      Cars
      made in Ďmurica truck and wagon
      12-01-2019 01:23 AM #25
      I think they look good slightly lowered.

It's a lifted GTI+.

Yes Mike, we know you donít like SUVs or wagons. But you are in the minority.

It reminds me of a female dog squatting to pee.
      And now you are talking to yourself.
      this signature kills fascists.

Support Your Local Homebrewery

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast