Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
      Cars
      Clownshoe, x5 3.5d, Tesla 3
      12-02-2019 06:23 PM #51
      Cool, works for me. Love my x5 diesel, no desire to massively increase emissions just so i can brag about how less-slow my rig is.
      Dash cam people suck. Don't be a dash cam person.

Quote Originally Posted by Dravenport View Post
      this thread is a mess, I can't tell if it's full of trolls or idiots and I'm not sure it matters

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

3. Member
      Cars
      '09 335d
      12-02-2019 09:35 PM #52
      Quote Originally Posted by n0rdicalex. View Post
      that's cos they're ghost trailers, since the tow mirrors are out!
      I die anytime I see a Ram with the tow mirrors flipped out and nothing behind the truck, lol!

4. Member
      Cars
      982, F22, E88, etc.
      12-02-2019 10:38 PM #53
      Quote Originally Posted by MXTHOR3 View Post
      I die anytime I see a Ram with the tow mirrors flipped out and nothing behind the truck, lol!
      One of my neighbors has a lifted truck with comically wide aftermarket tow mirrors. In the 5 years he's had it I've never seen anything hitched to it, nor have I ever seen the mirrors pulled-in.

Cars
      2008 Passat Wagon VR6 4motion, 2013 FIAT 500 Sport
      12-03-2019 12:47 AM #54
      Quote Originally Posted by XM_Rocks View Post
      Good.

I personally think any vehicle that’s deleted a cat/DEF system needs to be impounded and crushed.

If everyone was doing this we would be back to 70’s era smog.

I also think lifted vehicles should be fined and not allowed on the road. Mismatched bumper crash height is a real concern.
      Co-signed. Although crushing them seems like a bit of a waste; at least sell them at auction to reputable shops that will bring them back into compliance. Whatever helps push back against the “F U, I’ve got mine” attitude that seems to have become the new American Way.
      - Jeff
      B6 Passat 3.6 & 4motion Resource Thread
      Now: 2008 VW Passat 3.6 4motion Wagon, 2013 Fiat 500 Sport
      Then: 1987 Volvo 745GLE, 1989 Volvo 745GL, 1994 Volvo 940T, 1995 Infiniti G20, 2000 VW Passat 1.8T, 2001 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Ed (x2), 2004 VW Golf TDI, 2006 Jetta TDI

6. Member
      Cars
      2016 GSW TSI, AT, Comfortline, H&R street performance coil-overs
      12-03-2019 10:09 AM #55
      Here’s something else for you coal-rollers to think about:

Back in the 80’s I drove a Mack truck equipped with one of the first real attempts to control the excess soot produced from over fuelling the engine when you floored it at an RPM too low for the engine to burn the fuel. They called it a “puff limiter” and it worked fairly well in that it did stop most of the coal rolling. The problem is that it definitely cut the power because it obviously just wasn’t getting the extra fuel. BUT there were two side-effects:

1) better fuel economy and
      2) better engine life because you weren’t washing the oil off the cylinder bores.

This second point applies to gasoline powered cars too: a Holley 4 barrel will produce as much or more HP than the same engine with modern fuel injection, but the fuel injected engine will probably last longer because the cylinders aren’t getting washed by the surplus fuel from the big accelerator pumps etc.

7. Member
      Cars
      20GLGT5MT, Buell
      12-03-2019 10:21 AM #56
      Quote Originally Posted by Dirtmvr View Post
      H

This second point applies to gasoline powered cars too: a Holley 4 barrel will produce as much or more HP than the same engine with modern fuel injection, but the fuel injected engine will probably last longer because the cylinders aren’t getting washed by the surplus fuel from the big accelerator pumps etc.
      Wait, I don't think any carb is going to produce more power anywhere on the curve versus a fuel injection system. Maybe TBI setups, but certainly not a current direct injection system.

Anyway, on topic, obvious particulate pollution needs to be eliminated.
      Last edited by Beanboy; 12-03-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123