Fourtitude.com - Side project build
Username or Email Address
Do you already have an account?
Forgot your password?

Fourtitude.com

11-12-2019 03:33 AM #1
      Not sure where else to share this, there isn't much to it really, a stand from a large dell touchscreen, an old lcd monitor, a pi and some velcro. I wouldn't recommend touching the circuitry while the monitor is plugged in..

2. Remove Advertisements

Advertisements

Cars
      2016 Mazda CX5 Touring AWD, 2002 Chrysler Town and Lumber
      11-13-2019 01:12 PM #2
      Neat build. What do you plan on using it for? At some point I'd like to build a micro PC setup in my garage, kind of a mix between an HTPC and DYI tool for what ever the project of the day is. I can't tell you how many time's I've been watching youtube trying to fix something only to drop or get my phone greasy. A unique monitor / interface would be fun. Thinking similar to an OR room big arm to pull down and move around the monitor. Or what ever seems to fit at the time. It would be awesome to mix it with a google home mini get some voice controls for basic stuff... Maybe I'm just thinking of an iron man setup .

How do you like that keyboard mouse setup? I perpetually lose my mice (my kid takes them and puts them in weird stops). Can that keyboard be combined with a standard mice?

11-14-2019 02:03 AM #3
      Thanks! The logitech k400 is great, I really like the feel of the keys. I've had this one for 7-8 years.

The original project is a centralized touch station to cast music to various smartcast speakers (or all), casting netflix to the projector(I extract the audio from the hdmi signal and send L+R audio to 2 independent smartcast soundbars on each side of the screen), and podcasts. The display is a dell d2314t, from which I used the stand to build this side project. The base is a small mcm table I picked up on cl I sanded, sprayed, and flipped on the side.

Last edited by morbs_gt; 11-16-2019 at 02:36 PM.